Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 43,561 to 43,580 of 69,964

Ryu_Niiyama

Fly me to the moon...

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

Heavyarms55

I think it's silly that the presence of one or two licensed songs can result in an entire game being pulled from an online shop. If I were a developer it would make me loathe to ever use music of that sort. I wonder how much money the music industry makes from gaming? Perhaps the music industry is just jealous that gaming is more popular as of late.

Nintendo Switch FC: 4867-2891-2493
Switch username: Em
Discord: Heavyarms55#1475
Pokemon Go FC: 3838 2595 7596
PSN: Heavyarms55zx

AndyD

Grumblevolcano wrote:

Bayonetta 1 and 2 delisting on Wii U also applies to NA.

I looked on Wikipedia and the release date for Bayonetta 1 and 2 for Japan on Wii U was September 20th 2014. Looks like we're dealing with licensing expiring after 5 years, possibly to do with music licensing then.

Would this not affect the Switch version of B1 also?

SW-3806-8055-1317
DIY Needs list
My ever growing backlog
Switch:Minecraft Dungeons,Borderlands 2,ACNH

Nintendo Network ID: devineministry

JaxonH

Feral Interactive replied to my tweet about GRID Autosport on Switch receiving a physical release.

Feral Interactive Reply

Untitled

Also, check out the footage of performance and quality modes. The quality mode looks top notch and holds a rock solid 30 through and through. Performance mode dips into the 50’s, but if framerate is your jam, there ya go. Personally I’ll be sticking with the locked 30 quality mode.

Edited on by JaxonH

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Ryu_Niiyama

@scubydo No, separate licensing contract. It might still be 5 years though lol.

Edited on by Ryu_Niiyama

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

link3710

@Heavyarms55 I mean, that's probably one of the reasons why licensed music is so utterly rare in the game industry. Cost too of course, but the lack of control over the future of the release certainly can't help. The only series I can think of that use any licensed music at all (and aren't music games or licensed games, including Kingdom Hearts), are GTA, Borderlands, Bayonetta, Metal Gear, and uh... Prey? I think?

@Ryu_Niiyama I doubt it'd be 5 years. They'd do a contract that should cover the life span of the Switch at least, which could still be the newest Nintendo console on shelves in 2023. I'd bet it'd either be 7 or 10 years.

Edited on by link3710

link3710

Magician

If you're a Marlk Hamill fan try out Wing Commander III and IV.

Not the greatest gameplay, but certainly the most impressive PS1 era cutscenes.

Switch Physical Collection - 1,241 games (as of March 23rd, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

HobbitGamer

@link3710 All the Need For Speed games used licensed music, too. Some dang good tracks, too.

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

OorWullie

There's now a demo available for the new Contra game. I've not got high hopes for the game but you never know. It can't be that bad if Konami are willing to to let people try it weeks before it comes out.

@JaxonH It looks fantastic, can't wait for it to come out. I think I'll probably go for the performance mode but I'll see how they both look on the big screen before saying for sure.

🇬🇧 Mr Mustard 🇹🇭
SW-6101-8403-1640

🕹️ The Nintendolife Arcade Leaderboards 🕹️

JaxonH

@OorWullie
The biggest difference I’ve seen is the dynamic shadows are missing in performance mode. Not a huge sacrifice to make if FPS is what you value most, but they’re definitely appreciated in the quality mode.

It feels good finally having a high quality racer on a hybrid system. You never know if this will last. Dual screen gaming seemed a lock for the indefinite future, yet it died with the 3DS, a successful system. Hybrid gaming could go just as easily as it came. I take nothing for granted. While it’s here, each and every game is a blessing... one more notch in the belt of gaming history. GRID Autosport will certainly be the best arcade type racing sim released on a handheld to date (and by extension, hybrid console). It’s amazing how Switch changes everything, how each and every game released feels like it should be celebrated. Release GRID on a power console and it’s like, ok cool, good game but nothing we haven’t seen before. Release on an HD hybrid portable and it’s like wow! Incredible! The HD hybrid handheld library adds a quality racer to its ranks!

You’d think after 3 years that feeling would wear off but.... nope. Each and every release still feels like Christmas morning.

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

carlos82

@JaxonH it looks great and it'll be nice to have a proper racer on Switch. Personally I'm favouring the performance mode as it seems close enough to 60 most of the time and the quality mode whilst locked, does look like it exhibits some frame pacing issues around the 1:10 mark and look noticeably jerky on my TV in comparison. I'll have to see what ot feels like in my hands but wither way it's looking mighty impressive for the system

Older than I care to remember but have been gaming since owning a wooden Atari 2600 and played pretty much everything inbetween.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5967-3221-9309 | My Nintendo: Carlos

gcunit

@JaxonH Do you know if GRID has weather effects?

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

Anti-Matter

Some upcoming Switch games according to playasia.
Untitled
Beast Quest, a Zelda BOTW clone by indie developer.

Untitled
Doraemon Story of Seasons English version

Untitled
Pilot Sports, a Pilot Wing clone.

Untitled
Songbird Symphony, 2D platformer

Untitled
Syberia Trilogy

Untitled
Teslagrad

Untitled
The Unicorn Princess, kinda like Barbie games previously. 😅

Untitled
Stranded Sails

Anti-Matter

JaxonH

@gcunit
Couldn't say. Dont think I've seen anything.

DenDen

@JaxonH
Man grid looks awesome!!
Pre loaded!!

Now playing
Nexomon
Dicey Dungeons
UnderMine
Steamworld Quest

FC - SW 2926-4689-1966

Switch Friend Code: Sw-2926-4689-1966 | My Nintendo: DenDen

redd214

Looks cool, I think my kids are a bit past that but I hope it does well. Looks like it could be fun!

redd214

JaxonH

Ok, Ring Fit Adventure looks waaaay cooler than Wii Fit ever was. Its more of an actual game than just fitness software. It's a perfect melding of fitness and video games.

I would actually play this. Been wanting to exercise besides the pushups I do every morning and I'm not a gym kinda person. This looks legitimately fun, at least, the most fun I've seen for fitness focused software.

HobbitGamer

Looks kinda cool. I'm not gonna get it day one, but I'll definitely keep an eye on it. Reminds me of Kinect Adventures, which I enjoyed.

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic