Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 43,541 to 43,560 of 69,995

Late

@link3710 The game autosaves quite often (pretty much whenever you make significant progress) but you can also manually save when you are at the HQ. Go to the briefing room. There's a PC where you can save your game near the rightmost door leading into the room.

It's its, not it's.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8287-7444-2602 | Nintendo Network ID: LateXD

NEStalgia

Yeah I've been afraid to close out Astral Chain between PC saves as well. Technically I know it must be auto-saving but the game is challenging enough that losing progress would be rage inducing.

NEStalgia

NEStalgia

@JaxonH It's funny, every time I hear "Mark Hamill" my first reaction is cringe from his fairly awful acting in the first Star Wars. It takes me a few moments to remember he actually became an amazing voice actor!

sigh I need to finish FE:3H in the next 5 years before I move onto another TRPG!

NEStalgia

Ryu_Niiyama

Woo! Star Ocean: FDR is confirmed December 5th! Getting since that is payday for me, lol.

Edited on by Ryu_Niiyama

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

Grumblevolcano

Bayonetta 1 and 2 are now also confirmed to be removed from the Wii U eshop in Europe (not just Japan).

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

JaxonH

New demo for Trials Rising available. Perfect chance for anyone who hasn’t yet picked up that game to give it a go. The final DLC packs just dropped as well. So many tracks in this game.

Also, GRID Autosport is looking slick. Quality/Performance modes for 30/60 FPS, gyro, GameCube controller with analog trigger support, and every control option you can imagine

• Classic Buttons — Steer, accelerate and brake with buttons.
  • Classic Combo — Steer with an analogue stick. Accelerate and brake with buttons.
  • Classic Analogue — Steer, accelerate and brake with analogue sticks.
  • Tilt Steer — Tilt your console to steer. Accelerate and brake with analogue sticks.
  • Mirrored Mode — Left-handed players can flip the default controls.
  • Custom — Map any control to any button, analogue stick or gyroscopic motion control.

@NEStalgia
He’s one of the best voice actors. His performance as Joker in the Batman Arkham Games gave him legendary status (he’s also incredibly funny, should watch his Comic-Con interview for The Dark Crystal along with some of the other production crew- this dorky kid asks a question from the audience and says, “hey my name is Luke too, btw”, to which he replied, “So is there a Luke One in the house, or...?” The kid just gave this dumb stare while the whole audience busted out laughing 😂 He’s got a sense of humor. Probably why he does great voice work with maniacal characters

@link3710
That is a shame. The first episode felt a bit weird but by the end I was so absorbed into the plot I started loving it even more.

@Link-Hero
Just imagine how well the game will tie in to the show/movie lore wise. It’s going to tell a lot of side stories that happened off screen. The developer said they’re working hand-in-hand with Lisa Henson and crew (think that’s her name? Jim’s daughter) to ensure everything looks correct and follows their vision and story.

They need to hurry up and give us a release date for Dark Crystal Tactics. I want to play that game so badly

Edited on by JaxonH

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

NEStalgia

@JaxonH I like to think of Trials Rising as "Excite Bike 2019"

Yeah, I think the Arkham games is the first time I recognized that he somehow became a great actor. I really had a hard time believing it was him, and often forgot it was him even after knowing it was him, a sure sign of great acting! (Compared to what I like to call Tom Hanks Syndrome, where every character Tom Hanks plays is just Tom Hanks in a different costume....From Big to Sleepless to Pvt. Ryan, to Toy Story, it's all just Tom Hanks in a different costume, no character is there at all. ) Joker just wasn't the same without him.

(Though I'll forever be in the camp that says there's no Joker but Jack Nicholson.... But I'll cede that Hamill gets to share the podium now. )

NEStalgia

gcunit

NEStalgia wrote:

It's funny, every time I hear "Mark Hamill" my first reaction is cringe from his fairly awful acting in the first Star Wars. It takes me a few moments to remember he actually became an amazing voice actor!

Go on then, I'll bite: are you able to cite specific scenes or lines where his acting is fairly awful, 'cos I've just never understood this accusation.

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

link3710

@gcunit The scene on Endor where he meets with Leia is what usually comes to mind for me. Or honestly, most of Luke's scenes in Return of the Jedi. That said, he's always been a great comic actor. Look up his guest apperance on the Muppet Show sometime if you can find it, even back then he was wonderful in a hammier role. Part of the issue I think I have with RotJ is that Luke's character had become so serious and reserved by that point, while Mark Hamill is at his best the more energy he's allowed to put into his performances.

link3710

Ryu_Niiyama

^ did you try the demo?

Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19

Heavyarms55

I have to say, I am actually annoyed that not only did we not get any Fire Emblem player icons in the 9.0 update, it seems like they didn't add any icons. How hard is it for Nintendo to add a handful of static images for icons? They could probably assign it to some intern who could get it done in a day. Less if they use images already made.

Nintendo Switch FC: 4867-2891-2493
Switch username: Em
Discord: Heavyarms55#1475
Pokemon Go FC: 3838 2595 7596
PSN: Heavyarms55zx

Ryu_Niiyama

@Heavyarms55 I feel like this one might have been rushed a bit to accommodate the bug in FE, so perhaps for the next update?

Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19

Grumblevolcano

I was surprised there wasn't Mario Maker 2 icons, not surprised about FE though. Given the collection so far I can't say I'm expecting T or M rated games to get Switch icons outside the initial batch.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

JaxonH

Nintendo has so many amazing IP, and so many exclusive 3rd party IP or those associated with the brand with games that release, yet none of them get icons except a few lucky, chosen IP.

As for Daemon X Machina, its getting a lot more love than I anticipated. It’s up to #65 on Amazon’s Best Sellers List, and still 3 days away from launch. That’s really good for a game I thought would be largely ignored. That recent demo has done wonders for the game.

Here were my DxM observations having played the new demo.

1 The gyro is amazing, and really changes the game. Flying around in a mech, shooting enemies down using gyro is so much fun. It just never gets old.
2 Movement feels really fluid. Skating around the ground feels better than a Tony Hawk game, and the speed of ascent has been increased which I love. It feels great to play
3 Shinies are much easier to spot now. Similar to DQXIS, they made them more visible which really helps because in the last demo I couldn’t see anything.
4 Customization rocks. I am already painting my mech in colors that I like and decking it out with the right weapons.
5 Voice acting is better than expected. I’ve noticed a significant jump in quality for voice work in Switch exclusives this gen.
6 Music is bangin. Another rippin soundtrack. I love it.
7 Understanding the mechanics makes a HUGE difference. Apparently there’s “optimal distance” similar to how Monster Hunter works. Each gun has an optimal distance where damage will be twice the amount it will outside of the optimal distance.
8 Graphics look excellent both on the tv and in handheld mode. Even my brother was impressed with how good it looks in handheld mode when I showed him at work yesterday.
9 Performance is stable, unlike in the previous demo. Good stuff.
10 The rumble options are fantastic. I set rumble to mild, and it feels great when you shoot and mildly feel the controller rumble. But there is a mid and high option as well.

I think it’s the gyro, and the new rumble/audial feedback when firing guns that really makes DxM a joy to play now. It just feels good flying around shooting stuff. Whereas before I had kinda relegated DxM to be the game going right into backlog, I’m not so sure about that anymore. So glad I imported the special edition from the UK.

But I can already tell it’s gonna get raked across the coals with reviewers. GameXplain has practically nothing good to say about it, and now having played the demo for myself I feel like I vehemently disagree with just about everything they said. So I already know that reviews are not going to reflect my feelings on the game. Not unless the reviewer has the same appreciation of gyro and the well done rumble and audial feedback and the fun of flying around in a mech shooting stuff with motion aiming.

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

EvilLucario

@link3710 Hamill can do a good serious voice. His performance in Avatar: The Last Airbended as Fire Lord Ozai was very good.

It's funny we bring up Star Wars now though, because I literally just rewatched A New Hope and Empire Strikes Back two days ago. And while I was reminded how different Hamill was compared to how I know him nowadays as the Joker, he didn't seem too bad. Any "awkwardness" can be chalked up to Luke just being some awkward kid in the first place.

Metroid, Xenoblade, EarthBound shill

I run a YouTube/Twitch channel for fun. Check me out if you want to!

Please let me know before you send me a FC request, thanks.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

EvilLucario

Also, at least play the Daemon X Machina demo. It's super fun and I found out there are indeed bosses to fight in there! Will need to hop on that to farm and really master.

Metroid, Xenoblade, EarthBound shill

I run a YouTube/Twitch channel for fun. Check me out if you want to!

Please let me know before you send me a FC request, thanks.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

HobbitGamer

Hamill was also in a two-part special of the Goosebumps show. He was the Galloping Gazelle. And it was awesome.
That is all.

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

link3710

@EvilLucario True true, I just think most of his best work let's him let loose from time to time.

And yeah, he was really good in the original, and absolutely amazing in Empire Strikes Back. My issue is more with Return of the Jedi... though basically everything about that move fails to come together in the second half so it's not just him. It doesn't help that the movie was basically two entirely different plots stapled together.

link3710

Grumblevolcano

Bayonetta 1 and 2 delisting on Wii U also applies to NA.

I looked on Wikipedia and the release date for Bayonetta 1 and 2 for Japan on Wii U was September 20th 2014. Looks like we're dealing with licensing expiring after 5 years, possibly to do with music licensing then.

Grumblevolcano

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic