Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 43,501 to 43,520 of 45,813

PikPi

Ugh, 9 parchments. Fun game, but I never beat it because there was one specific spot in the last level that glitched where I couldn't progress. Even replayed the game in its entirety and the same thing happened. Worst part is it didn't seem like a prevalent issue, so I might have just been insanely unlucky

PikPi

JaxonH

Fire Emblem HYPE!!!

IGN

Fire Emblem: Three Houses succeeds in its ambitious telling of a land at war helmed by captivating leaders, in which no side has all the answers. Its tense battles are made all the more harrowing thanks to new strategy elements, and the colorful cast of troops you send into the fray are incredibly charming. With a new take on training and bonding with your units, and the many activities and options available to sample, it’s absolutely begging to be played multiple times.

-Brendan Graeber

9.5/10 + Editor's Choice

GameInformer and Destructoid also hit it with a 9.5. The hype is most definitely real. The first of 3 of my GotY... has arrived (now awaiting Astral Chain and Dragon Quest XI S).

@Tsurii
It'll come, and good thing too cause I love Darksiders 2.

Complaint
$400 Collector Editions are ridiculous

PLAYING
NS: DQXIS, Ori and the Blind Forest, Ni No Kuni, Divinity: OS 2, Astral Chain, Zelda Link’s Awakening

HEY LISTEN! GO PLAY ORI AND THE BLIND FOREST!

Jesus is Lord.

CLICK HERE For My Switch Collection

EvilLucario

A common complaint I've heard of Three Houses is that Normal is way too easy for Fire Emblem veterans. So be sure to pick Hard if you are more familiar with it.

Regardless, I cannot wait for tomorrow.

Metroid, Xenoblade, EarthBound shill

I run a YouTube/Twitch channel for fun. Check me out if you want to!

Please let me know before you send me a FC request, thanks.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

Ralizah

@Tsurii @JaxonH I actually didn't buy Crafted World or Star Allies after playing their respective demos. I don't like most Kirby games (although Planet Robobot was superb), so that wasn't a big deal, but I was actively disappointed how they ruined the level design and gameplay of Crafted World. Wooly World is such a fun Yoshi game... up there with the SNES original, IMO. By contrast, what I played of Crafted World felt like a scavenger hunt designed with small children in mind.

Edited on by Ralizah

Ralizah

NintendoByNature

Really trying to decide if I should opt for Youngblood or MUA3 for my next action game. I'm prob going to finish bloodstained by weeks end or beginning of next week and I'm looking for an action game to fill the void til astral chain.

NintendoByNature

NikBoToon

I wonder if Nintendo and Bandai Namco would make a crossover game for Switch called Pokémon vs. Digimon? If Ash from Pokémon series 1 met up with Tai from Digimon, and if Pikachu met up with Agumon, then the video game crossover would be based on the original Japanese anime franchise, won't it?

Old school games, retro games, Nintendo, SEGA, PlayStation, you name it! 😉👍

Tangerine

Awesome to see the high review scores for fire emblem. I have my limited edition (to keep unopened and add to my collection) and regular edition arriving tomorrow with Amazon

I budgeted and set aside just enough as I wiped out my savings buying a Samsung 4k hdr qled 55inch TV for my birthday. It's such an upgrade on my 6 or 7 year old 1080p passive 3D 42inch LG TV.

Edited on by Tangerine

Tangerine

Magician

JaxonH wrote:

We're getting this beauty, but at a whopping $380! Also a collector edition for like $120 that doesnt include the board game (that's one expensive board game).

Untitled

Ooooof, $340 over msrp for a statue, board game, steelbook, soundtrack, artbook, and stickers? I love it, but my lord that asking price. I know I would get zero use out of the boardgame, even though it's the most amazing special edition I've seen since the SaGa Scarlet Grace LE exclusive to Japan.

Switch Physical Collection - 425 games (as of October 11th, 2019)
Currently playing: Dragon Quest XI (Switch) Summon Night 6 (PS Vita)
Favorite Quote: "Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." -Arthur C. Clarke

rallydefault

@Ralizah
Crafted World is really good. I liked it more than the one of Wii U (forget the name), but both pale to the SNES game, in my opinion.

I think some of the early worlds in Crafted World can give you that "game for 6 year-old" vibe you said, especially if you're going off the level they give you for the demo, but the later worlds provide a good level of challenge if you want to get everything (which involves more difficult platforming and not just walking into stuff like the demo level lol). The extra levels are really good. The hidden boss, in particular, is genuinely difficult.

I think they should have picked a different level for the demo. The stuff to go back in each world can get tiresome, though, so I agree that that part should have been toned down. It's definitely more of a collecting level with very little platforming, and that's not true of the whole game. Overall nowhere near as good as something like Tropical Freeze, but a solid platformer worth my money, I felt.

Edited on by rallydefault

rallydefault

Grumblevolcano

Looks like Microsoft has been inspired by NSO, the next XB1 update replaces Cortana on console with a mobile app.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Ralizah

@rallydefault Interesting. I'll keep that in mind if it ever goes on sale. If the level design and difficulty improves later in the game, it might still be enjoyable. I might enjoy it more if I don't go into it expecting a Wooly World-esque traditional Yoshi game.

Ralizah

AlternateButtons

I'm so hype for Three Houses! It's going to be my first Fire Emblem because I missed the Awakening Train and didnt like that Fates story was separated into two games. As someone who loves SRPG's and anime, this game looks phenomenal. I totally don't know which House I'm going to choose first!

AlternateButtons

3DS Friend Code: 4983-5439-2641 | Nintendo Network ID: Guitardude7

Ryu_Niiyama

I like darksiders but not enough to buy a statue for it. I will get the game though. Still hoping for 3. I feel like that and bayo series would be a really good marathon.

Edited on by Ryu_Niiyama

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

NEStalgia

@Ralizah Crafted World was a lot of fun - but, the amount of retracing the same areas for the hidden items became excessively repetitive. I love the overall design but variety was missing. "Go through the same level for the 15th time and fine some item hidden in the background" just doesn't have the appeal of collecting the 5 sunflowers/dragon coins/red coins where you know where it is and just can't quite reach it.

@JaxonH I disagree, I HAVE learned more about your opinions in the past day than in the preceding years. Plus the snarky edge just makes it humorous. But it's true. That's objective, I know more about your view on gaming/specific games/industry trends etc from the posts here than from most of your other posts. Speaking only for myself, no, I tend to make sure to read every post from the people I know well here, which includes you. Unless you change your avatar. I glance down at the avatars and if someone changes it it can take me a month or two to realize they've been posting with a different avatar and I missed their posts And yeah, I've seen the handful of things you were negative about, though even then it's in a kind of softened way more times than not. The blunt "Uncharted is mediocre" etc. despite you doing it spitefully Actually tells me without parsing, reading between lines, and stripping the PR-ishness away from the statement, in 3 little words your position on that series.

Yeah, yeah, I get what you're saying about not wanting to then have discussions with people who disagree, etc. But...it's a fourm! That debate of different ideas is the fundamental purpose of a forum (going back to the Roman Empire!) Places where people just post a series of things they like without wanting to debate about them are blogs, not forums. We all come here for the arguments!

Untitled

NEStalgia

AlternateButtons

@Tsurii Oh right. I keep forgetting that Echoes was its own game and not part of Fates. Well like Awakening I guess I just missed that train too. oops!

AlternateButtons

3DS Friend Code: 4983-5439-2641 | Nintendo Network ID: Guitardude7

StuTwo

NEStalgia wrote:

We all come here for the arguments!

No we don’t.

StuTwo

Switch Friend Code: SW-6338-4534-2507

JaxonH

@NEStalgia
People come for different reasons. You should know that much. And there is no PR-ish statements. That right there is the kind of insult I'm talking about. I simply have casual conversation about the things I'm interested in. I dont have to harshly say "this sucks" X number of times to have my opinions validated.

You're really making it clear how little you respect what I say. Nothing I ever say is done with spin or "PR". I say what's on my mind, and if bitching about crap I don't like isnt on my mind and isnt what I want to discuss, then I don't do it.

Please stop marginalizing my opinion by inferring I sugar coat or PR spin everything but NOW, lo and behold, because I'm bitching, suddenly my opinion is "more valid". Unfortunately that kind of ignorant prejudice, only respecting comments from people who regularly complain, seems all too prevalent. It leads to insulting opinions of others for not conforming to what you deem acceptable.

If you can't respect my opinions until now, I think it's best you do add me to your ignore list and I do the same. Cause I have no desire to speak or hear from someone who doesnt respect my opinions. You're literally telling me I put spin on what I say, which is 100% false. You're actually telling me my opinion isnt genuine, which is insulting my integrity. I'm glad you commented though so I can see your true colors. I would have never known otherwise.

So make a decision. Cause I'm not gonna change who I am, and I'm not just gonna sit here while you get on omnicient high horse and tell me whether or not what I say is real or has spin. If you're gonna accuse me of not being genuine then tell me here and now and let's put an end to this.

It's clear you love arguing. You thrive on it, which is why you keep this going. I not like you. I'm not here to argue. So dont respond with another mellowdramatic post about how I "sugar coat" or "PR spin" or how enlightening it's been to see me bitch about stuff. I'm not doing this with you. Are you going to respect my opinions and treat them with the same respect everyone here deserves, or not? Yes or no will suffice.

Edited on by JaxonH

PLAYING
NS: DQXIS, Ori and the Blind Forest, Ni No Kuni, Divinity: OS 2, Astral Chain, Zelda Link’s Awakening

Jesus is Lord.

Therad

NEStalgia wrote:

But...it's a fourm!

Yes! Damn straight! This is the Nitneod swatch fourm!

On a more serious note, this is an open discussion forum. And on top of that, this thread is the general thread. And on top of that, mods redirect everyone and every topic that doesn't fit in other threads to this one. This means this thread will have many different views and personalities, it is inevitable.

Learn to accept that, or at least take a big breath before posting. Every one on the internet is a moron anyway, who cares if they think you are something you are not?

Edited on by Therad

Therad

rallydefault

Did anybody else get a Joycon update recently? I got one last night, and I thought it was weird. I DID connect a new left Joycon, but my right one was my old one, and that one updated as well.

rallydefault

JaxonH

It is definitely a thread for all kinds of things, and criticisms and arguments will naturally be a part of it.

Except, I'm not the one who has a problem with that. I'm not telling others what they can or can't do, say, or argue about. Yet that's what's being told to me. I'm being told what I should do, what I should say, and if I dont say X things enough times, my opinion isnt genuine.

I dont care if people argue or complain or whatever. I simply tend to abstain. And that should be respected without being accused of fakery. Nobody told anyone else they can't complain or argue. Just dont insult or harass me for not partaking.

Edited on by StableInvadeel

PLAYING

Jesus is Lord.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic