Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 43,501 to 43,520 of 44,823

gcunit

Oh man, they should have saved 'Banana Splitz' for a Switch release where you have to split the joy cons and motion control two monkey balls at once.

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

Knuckles-Fajita

@gcunit That's so sadistic it just might work...

NLI Discord:

https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

Ryu_Niiyama

JaxonH wrote:

Looks like we have another banger shaping up for October 29th

Atelier Ryza (10/29)
Disgaea 4 Complete (10/29)
Super Monkey Ball: Banana Blitz (10/29)
Resident Evil 5 (10/29)
Resident Evil 6 (10/29)
Resident Evil Triple Pack [4/5/6] (10/29)

What the heck? Are companies looking at a calendar and picking the most packed dates? Spread this stuff out!

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

NEStalgia

@JaxonH @Ralizah I would think porting Falcom games would be a good deal for NIS. Guaranteed income, budget friendly work, and with Ys VIII they established there is a western market for it. Considering NIS is half bankrupt that sounds like much safer work than other ventures.

Why would Marvelous not port Switch? They did a lot of 3DS work.

@Ralizah It's corny in games, but I mean, not actual related relatives are, in fact, not relatives..... probably happens everywhere more than we tend to think. It's when they ARE related it's worrisome...which happens a lot more in Arkansas than we tend to think.... (I kid, I kid....kinda... )

@Galarian_Lassie Can we launch a change.org petition for 2k to focus on Playstation exclusively for this one?

NEStalgia

Dogorilla

Looks like Hero is coming to Smash Bros this month. Nintendo uploaded a brief YouTube video promoting a couple of new games coming out in July, and the Hero update was also shown in the video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3NCyD3XoJgM

NEStalgia

@Ryu_Niiyama XBox updates are just Windows updates......just as bad, just as broken and roughly the same size...

NEStalgia

MsJubilee

JaxonH wrote:

Resident Evil 6 (10/29)

Re6 yuck. Save your money on this trainwreck of a game. Well except if you have a co-op buddy. The game is tolerable when you're playing with another person.

Edited on by MsJubilee

I've died,there is no more me.

If it's bitter at the start. Then it's sweeter in the end.

Reading Grappler Baki & The Saga of Tanya the Evil(light novel volume one).

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

Grumblevolcano

@Ryu_Niiyama I'm not sure this is what's happening but releasing your games at an already packed time on Switch and them not selling well would be an easy way to use the "it's not selling well on Switch so we're focusing on the power consoles instead" excuse.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Ryu_Niiyama

@Grumblevolcano I'm trying not to take that route, however I certainly feel like the "send it out to die so they can claim unprecedented support" might be happening...

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

JaxonH

Correction, Banana Splitz was not on 3DS, that was actually Monkey Ball 3D. I get those two mixed up. The 3DS one was horrible. Banana Splitz is probably behind Banana Blitz (the one getting a Remake) if Blitz had controls reworked. Both had lame mini games which used to be the highlight of the series. Monkey Golf was better than Mario Golf.

PLAYING
NS: Fire Emblem Three Houses, Dragon Quest Builders 2, Marvel Ultimate Alliance
Vita: Super Monkey Ball: Banana Splitz

Jesus is Lord.

CLICK HERE For My Switch Collection

Ralizah

@Dev893 The battery life is MASSIVELY improved in the refresh. Wow. 5.5 hours for BotW... imagine how long it lasts with less demanding software.

Edited on by Ralizah

Ralizah

Dev893

Welp, looks like I won't be getting a Switch Lite then. I'll just get this updated Switch. It's not a "Switch Pro" but the battery life has really been my biggest issue. This must be the "New" Switch that was datamined earlier.

If the left Joy-Con drifting has also been addressed, then I'll be a happy camper! I like the purple and orange ones.

Dev893

Switch Friend Code: SW-6880-0040-8826 | My Nintendo: Dev

Anti-Matter

@Dev893
WHAT ?!
So there will be a revision model of Original Switch with better battery life ?

My Top 6 games :
1. Dance Dance Revolution series (100)
2. Dragon Quest Builders 2 PS4/Switch (95)
3. The Sims 4 PS4 + All contents (93)
4. Portal Knights PS4 (90)
5. Final Fantasy VIII PS1 (90)
6. Animal Crossing New Leaf: Welcome Amiibo 3DS (89)

Switch Friend Code: SW-8364-7166-5608 | 3DS Friend Code: 2638-4872-0879 | Nintendo Network ID: TAGunderground

redd214

Glad for a new model, battery life improvements are welcome, hopefully theyve made some tweaks to the joycons as well. Looks like we will be getting 3 new swicthes in the next couple months.

Also really like that Blue on the new joycons, wish we could get that color rather then the neon blue!

redd214

Magician

Dev893 wrote:

There's going to be a new Switch model with better battery life.
https://www.nintendo.com/switch/compare/

Yeah, due to Nintendo and Nvidia changing the SoC development process from 20nm FinFET to 16nm FinFET, better battery economy. It makes me wonder if and how this'll affect the Switch hacking scene. I wonder if the Tegra X1 hardware exploit is still present in the newer model?

Switch Physical Collection - 384 games (as of August 19th 2019)
Currently playing: Giga Wrecker Alt (Switch) Mary Skelter (PS Vita) Borderlands The Pre-sequel (PS4)
Favorite Quote: "Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." -Arthur C. Clarke

Grumblevolcano

Wow, a Nintendo game not launching on a Friday. Halloween is Thursday this week.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic