Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 43,461 to 43,480 of 69,991

Eel

It's just a bit odd how they started with FS17(pc type) and then decided to move on to mobile.

It's probably just easier on them, considering their port of 17 is already cut in terms of graphics, and the latest pc release made a huge leap in terms of graphic fidelity.

The FS20 footage on the direct looked a lot nicer than their previous switch release though, so there's that.

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

MsJubilee

JaxonH wrote:

I am so down for Assassins Creed Rebel Collection (2 of the best ones in a single package). I think this is going to be the one I sit down and play through to completion. I’ve never beaten a game in the series and I intended to do that with AC3, but other games sidetracked me.

How are you gonna say 4 and Rogue are the "best ones" when you never beaten any of them? I don't understand that.

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

I'm currently playing Watch Dogs 2 & Manhunt

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

Magician

MsJubilee wrote:

@JaxonH How are you gonna say 4 and Rogue are the "best ones" when you never beaten any of them? I don't understand that.

Finishing a game to completion isn't necessary to form an opinion of that game. I can usually tell within half an hour where a game rates in comparison to other entries in the series or its contemporaries in the genre. Though there are a number of factors. Your usual game grading metrics: graphics, audio, gameplay, content, etc.

Edited on by Magician

Switch Physical Collection - 1,251 games (as of April 24th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

MsJubilee

@StableInvadeel Won't be surprised if the people saying that never got past the 3rd main mission. Black Flag is mediocre at best.

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

MsJubilee

Magician wrote:

MsJubilee wrote:

JaxonH How are you gonna say 4 and Rogue are the "best ones" when you never beaten any of them? I don't understand that.

Finishing a game to completion isn't necessary to form an opinion of that game. I can usually tell within half an hour where a game rates in comparison to other entries in the series or its contemporaries in the genre. Though there are a number of factors. Your usual game grading metrics: graphics, audio, gameplay, content, etc.

It depends on how many hours you put in a game. If you put 2 hours in a 13 hour long game, why should you give an opinion on it? You barely touched it.

Eel

MsJubilee wrote:

StableInvadeel Won't be surprised if the people saying that never got past the 3rd main mission. Black Flag is mediocre at best.

Well yes, it’s an Assassins Creed

Bloop.

gcunit

StableInvadeel wrote:

MsJubilee wrote:

StableInvadeel Won't be surprised if the people saying that never got past the 3rd main mission. Black Flag is mediocre at best.

Off the top of my head, I can only think of two series of games where I've actually finished more than one title in the series: one being Monkey Island (1 & 2); the other being Assassin's Creed (1 & 2), so you know what? **** you, **** them, and **** e'rybody who gotta problem with Assassin's Creed.

Edited on by gcunit

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

JaxonH

@MsJubilee
I've played them. I dont have to beat a game to give an opinion. I dont even have to play a game to give an opinion. I can watch gameplay and form an opinion based on how fun it looks. Its my opinion to form. Nobody told you to value it. Go form your own. But I'm still gonna give mine.

This isnt a thesis paper here. I dont have to say "it's the best one I've played but that's totally subject to change and it I find out otherwise I'll totally update my opinions".

@Magician gets it. You can form an opinion based off anything. It's up to others to choose how much weight they give them. If you're concerned the game is going to radically nosedive after a few hours, then go listen to another opinion. But it doesnt make the opinion invalid.

Blag Flag was awesome. And I say that as someone who owns and has played at least some of every entry to date except the 2D ones (and Odyssey, which I own but haven't played yet). Which means I have a pretty good frame of reference.

And for the record I've never played a bad AC game. Not even 3 or Revelation (which I played back on Vita).

Edited on by JaxonH

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

JaxonH

Started playing the new DxM demo. It feels really good with the gyro. I also noticed pickups jump out visually, similar to how DQXIS shines jump out more.

@rallydefault
That's not true if you're someone who's just not good at the genre. I've played Call of Duty online on Wii U and couldn't get a single kill in with those "snails", so what does that make me? I'd think you'd at least respect others' preferences of how they want to play. If someone just wants to play with bots, they should be able to do so, wouldn't you agree? Some people just dont want to play online unless they feel confident in their skills first, which is what bots are for. You may not understand that feeling, but that doesnt mean it's not real or valid. Getting chastised and pressured into playing online is exactly why I don't go around online game communities. I'll play online when I feel ready.

Edited on by JaxonH

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

rallydefault

You can absolutely form an opinion off anything, including not beating a game, but as Jaxon says, it would be pretty stupid to value that opinion. So if someone is silly enough to admit they haven't played a game much while giving an opinion on said game, don't listen to their opinion lol

I do not bother reading/viewing game reviews from people who haven't finished a game. Endings of games can sometimes be HUGE in terms of plot twists and even gameplay changes. RPGs in particular can become radically different deep into the game. Imagine making a purchase decision for FE:Three Houses based on someone who hadn't even made it to the time skip, for instance.

Also, Jaxon, not to be crass, but I guess that just makes you a bad FPS player lol so I guess your options are to stay in your bubble and accept your badness or practice and try to get better like anything else in life.

I'm being critical about the sheltered mindset because you guys are WAY exaggerating the negatives in Overwatch's online modes, especially when it's just gonna be Switch players who aren't going to be very good at the game.

Edited on by rallydefault

rallydefault

HobbitGamer

I’ve played and completed all Creed games except Origins and Odyssey, and Black Flag is my favorite with Rogue and Revelation behind it.

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

JaxonH

@rallydefault
Oh I absolutely know I'm terrible. I've made peace with that. But I can still have fun playing against bots, which are why devs implement them. For people like me who want to practice.

And if the day comes I feel I'm ready to play online I will. But I dont feel I'm missing out. I actually have more fun playing bots where I'm not getting destroyed constantly.

And it's not just Overwatch, its pretty much every competitive online game. I just dont enjoy hyper competitive games. I dont play any of them online at all, save Splatoon, and that was a rare exception. Its just not what I enjoy, but if I can have fun playing against lower level AI, that should be encouraged. At least it's a gateway to potentially lead me to playing online one day. I guarantee I wouldn't if I couldn't practice against AI first.

edit
And ya, you pretty much said it with the opinions thing. If I'm looking to intake opinions to sway me, I want to listen to someone who's played the whole game. That's not to say opinions from those who haven't have no value though, they just dont have as much. But people can and will still form their own opinions from the very first hour. And I know from all the AC games I've played, I really loved AC4.

I'm entitled to have my own opinions based on how much I enjoyed the game. I'm not trying to sell my opinion to anyone, I'm just stating what I liked most from what I played. Why some people take issue with that is mind boggling. "You're not allowed to form or have any opinions about anything unless you do XYZ" is ridiculous. I form opinions immediately, about everything. Could those opinions change as more of the game is played? Of course. But until then, thats my opinion. And people shouldn't be haggled over their opinions.

I'm not a reviewer trying to peddle my opinion to an aggregate score site. I'm just a gamer who has opinions and rankings for what I enjoyed most from what I've played. And I shouldn't have to explain that to anyone. I play games, I form opinions inmediately. I'll say what I think is best based off my experiences. Of course that's always in flux and subject to change... duh. But Im not required to finish anything before forming an opinion as to what I enjoyed most or what I think is best. If someone doesn't want to be swayed by opinions from those who haven't completed a game, then dont. I never asked anyone to be swayed by my opinion in the first place. I was simply expressing excitement for a game which, based off my experience, is one of the best in the series.

Edited on by JaxonH

TheFrenchiestFry

Capcom apparently thinks people would want to buy DMC2 by itself lol

TheFrenchiestFry

Switch Friend Code: SW-4512-3820-2140 | My Nintendo: French Fry

Magician

MsJubilee wrote:

It depends on how many hours you put in a game.

The rude retort to that question would be that some games don't last hours. There are a plethora of games out in the wild that can be beaten in under an hour. And on the other end of the spectrum you have the near-infinite-content games life Warframe or Path of Exile. Games you could feasibly never finish.

Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

kkslider5552000

I think if a game is long enough, there's no ending that could change my mind too dramatcally (and if there is, I'd probably hear about it in the comments. I mean we all had to hear about how FFXIII apparently got good 20 hours in (doubt)). Especially since so many story based games nowadays are on the shorter side of things. Honestly, if I played a mediocre at best game and the last 5% of it was awesome, I'd be more angry at the rest of the game.

Though as a counterpoint, I played YIIK a while ago, and that game did end on a much higher note than most of the rest of the game imo. But even still that didn't make it a great game all of a sudden, so I dunno.

Edited on by kkslider5552000

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Eel

gcunit wrote:

StableInvadeel wrote:

MsJubilee wrote:

Off the top of my head, I can only think of two series of games where I've actually finished more than one title in the series: one being Monkey Island (1 & 2); the other being Assassin's Creed (1 & 2), so you know what? **** you, **** them, and **** e'rybody who gotta problem with Assassin's Creed.

There there, it’s ok, you can like mediocre games, and that is perfectly fine. 😘

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

Magician

Unless you're on a tight gaming budget, you shouldn't only play games rated 75 or better on metacritic. Chances are good that there's a game rated lower than 75 that really might turn your head. But you decided to skip it since it wasn't received well. "Different strokes for different folks" and all that.

HobbitGamer

Magician wrote:

Unless you're on a tight gaming budget, you shouldn't only play games rated 75 or better on metacritic. Chances are good that there's a game rated lower than 75 that really might turn your head. But you decided to skip it since it wasn't received well. "Different strokes for different folks" and all that.

For sure. Dark Sector and Terminator Salvation both scored sub-75 and I enjoyed them. Probably the best part of my 360 achievement hunting days ways playing so many games I otherwise wouldn’t have, only to enjoy many of them.

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic