Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 43,461 to 43,480 of 45,864

NEStalgia

@Ryu_Niiyama It's true, but that comes back to my "know your friends/enemies" comment. Yeah I know the trolls and drive-by's tend to rag on Jaxon's optimism and yeah I get he's tired of it, but it's not a license to treat the regulars as enemies as he was doing. The people here, myself, rally, etc are not the people demanding negativity, and it was out of line for Rally to be treated as such. People come here to debate ideas, good or bad. The above wasn't a calm debating of ideas and viewpoints between different people with a different view who disagree, and an argument progressing/debating that view. Positive, negative, doesn't matter: It was over an unfriendly line.

@JaxonH With all due respect, I don't see rally having attacked you at all. He disagreed, yes. He was sarcastic, yes. Maybe he hit a nerve in sarcasm, but otherwise the only attack I see is yours against him, and then me. The only heated conversation I've seen in these pages is yours, not his. Clearly you see something in his posts that I do not, and you seem to be particularly upset by the "accusation" that you have a positive bias toward things (it's not an accusation, at least on my part, I won't speak for rally, but more of an observation I've known for years, exceptions aside.) My point in my post to you is not about whether I think your posts tend to bias toward the positive (while I do have that opinion, that's not the purpose of my post, nor will I lie and tell you I have no such opinion.) - My point was that your response just seemed very uncalled for in light of that.

@Ralizah Rally isn't "my friend", between the two I've had far, far more conversations with JaxonH than rallydefault. If either is to be considered "friend" it would be Jaxon. But that doesn't mean I won't tell him I think he's in the wrong in how he's treating someone.

NEStalgia

Cotillion

@Ralizah I felt like it should have had 2 slightly different endings, based on your choice earlier in the game (being vague for spoilers sake).

Cotillion

NEStalgia

@JaxonH As an aside I'm finding your "complaint" posts refreshing! Not because you need negativity for internet street cred, but because, honestly, I feel like I've learned more about your actual opinions in the last 6 hours than I have after 4 years of the sugar coated versions! It makes for much more interesting conversation to have the likes and dislikes together.

NEStalgia

Grumblevolcano

Endings based on trust levels would've been cool with the ending we actually got being S or higher with Pyra and Mythra. Maybe have a setup where if you get the S or higher ending, the other endings are available to view in the theater given that NG+ doesn't reset trust.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Ralizah

@NEStalgia I called him your "friend" because you're really going to bat for him and making excuses for his behavior. That seems like very "friend-like" behavior, but I guess that's not the case.

Either way, randomly calling JaxonH a "yes man" and telling he's the sort of person he wouldn't get along with IRL isn't "sarcasm" or "disagreement." It's a personal attack on his character. Whether that's justified in your view or not is a different question entirely.

@Cotillion @Tsurii I still adore the game, but the very end of it feels so tacked-on, and contrasts sharply with both the emotional vector of the game's climax as well as the themes of sacrifice and learning to come to terms with personal loss that usually inform the best coming-of-age stories (and, for all the crazy, cosmic stuff that happens in this game, at bottom, it's about a boy turning into a young man).

It probably also doesn't help that the game glitched after the final fight so badly that I had to beat the final boss all over again, skip the end credits, and save quickly before watching the after-credits scene on youtube. Kinda puts one in the wrong frame of mind for something so saccharine.

Edited on by Ralizah

Ralizah

JaxonH

@NEStalgia
With respect, it doesnt really matter what "you see" because you're not the arbiter of what constitutes offense here. He marginalized my reasonable opinion by attacking me for a lack of criticism, then called me a Yes Man. It was degrading, insulting and a complete lack of respect for my opinions. Please dont tell me I'm in the wrong for taking offense. I'm not gonna do this with you. It was a bogus thing to accuse me of, even Ralizah is telling you he would straight up ignore someone for such a comment. You're not gonna convince me otherwise. It was offensive and uncalled for. End of story. There's nothing more that needs to be said. I've taken enough lecturing today and your interjection here trying to defend him for the insult and tell me I'm wrong for my response is the straw that's going to break the camel's back. I suggest you drop it. I dont want things to end sour between us but it you insist on defending his blatant insult while lecturing me, that's exactly what's going to happen.

New Complaint
Super Neptunia RPG is wack. Couldn't stomach more than half an hour before hanging up the controller. It just isnt fun. I love buying and trying as many different games as possible, the thrill of a new experience is what drives me. Unfortunately, games like this are the price you pay for those thrills.

PLAYING
NS: DQXIS, Ori and the Blind Forest, Ni No Kuni, Divinity: OS 2, Astral Chain, Zelda Link’s Awakening

HEY LISTEN! GO PLAY ORI AND THE BLIND FOREST!

Jesus is Lord.

CLICK HERE For My Switch Collection

Toy_Link

While I feel like this is a rehash of a pre launch Switch video, I feel like this is worth sharing anyway. It’s an introduction of the Switch for Mainland China.

Side note: I’d be rather surprised if MUA3 isn’t officially released in China with how big the MCU is there.

Where am I going! Nowhere, unless if I say otherwise!

Ralizah

@Galarian_Lassie So they're actually selling Switches in China now? Has either Sony or Microsoft cracked that particular shell yet? Seems like this could add to their hardware sales in a big way.

Ralizah

JaxonH

@NEStalgia
I've learned more about your actual opinions in the last 6 hours than I have after 4 years of the sugar coated versions!

You really haven't though. My opinions haven't changed. There is no "sugar coated" opinion that's suddenly different. And these opinions are no more valid than all my others. Everything I've said I still stand by. These are just things I also happen to think, but dont care to discuss. Because if I hated playing a game, why on earth would I want to talk about it? And I've always had criticisms, as I noted in a long list previously. Things I've mentioned but apparently you and others conveniently skip over like it never happened. The things that REALLY bother me are the things I'll actually mention. Like my Dpad not moving full speed. That's something that REALLY bothered me, and I brought it up not 3 days ago in this very thread. But apparently nobody pays attention to me when I talk about things I dislike. It's like I never even said anything... Like the comment never even happened.

It makes for much more interesting conversation to have the likes and dislikes together

It may be more interesting for you, more pleasurable for you, but not for me. Because it's just going to start discussions from people who feel differently (see Kyleforester with Xenoblade, no offense Kyle it's just a good example is all) and next thing you know I'm in a 30 minute discussion about something I didn't even like, unless I refuse to engage, in which case why bring it up in the first place? Life is short. I'd rather spend it talking about the things I DO like.

Fire Emblem in 2 days is what I want to talk about. Astral Chain is what I want to talk about. Dragon Quest is what I want to talk about. New Switch with better battery life is what I want to talk about. Dragon Quest Builders 2 is what I want to talk about. It may be entertaining for you, but for me I'd rather just talk about things I love. And that should be ok. We should all be able to focus our comments on what we want without being ostracized for it.

New Complaint
Unruly Heroes is mediocre. Expected good things from the Rayman Legends team, but got a game that just felt middling in every way. Major disappointment.

PLAYING
NS: DQXIS, Ori and the Blind Forest, Ni No Kuni, Divinity: OS 2, Astral Chain, Zelda Link’s Awakening

HEY LISTEN! GO PLAY ORI AND THE BLIND FOREST!

Jesus is Lord.

CLICK HERE For My Switch Collection

Magician

Today's Japanese eShop update was disappointing yet equally relieving. Mary Skelter 2 won't support English. That's one rpg I won't have to buy until, when and if, Idea Factory decides to localize it for a western release. Probably late 2020 or early 2021.

Gives me time to get through MS1. A solid dungeon rpg, if you like the Etrian Odyssey series.

Switch Physical Collection - 430 games (as of October 14th, 2019)
Currently playing: Dragon Quest XI (Switch) Summon Night 6 (PS Vita)
Favorite Quote: "Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." -Arthur C. Clarke

PikPi

Man those new switch joycon colors are beautiful, but I've also been looking at custom shells. Anyone have any experience installing any? Is it relatively simple?

PikPi

Toy_Link

@Ralizah Not yet, as of now. I don’t think they’ve announced a release date, but Tencent (who, I believe will be the distributor) and Nintendo will have a joint conference on August 2nd, that should have some news about the Switch in Mainland China.

Where am I going! Nowhere, unless if I say otherwise!

Ralizah

@Tsurii Nah, I'm heartless. Despite generally liking its ending, I was a bit disappointed that Torna's ending didn't show Lora's death in some way, along with the fates of most of the other Tornan refugees who were attacked by Amalthus, as I recall, considering how pivotal the event is in Jin's development as a character.

I mean, I get it: by that point, Torna was destroyed, Milton was dead, and Mythra felt like she was destroying the things in her life that she cared about, so some people might feel like adding that on top of everything else is kicking the player when they're down. But it SHOULD feel like a kick to the stomach, considering how the story's destination is inherently tragic.

But, regarding XC2's ending, I can kind of see why you'd kind of enjoy seeing these nice kids not have to suffer any more.

Edited on by Ralizah

Ralizah

Grumblevolcano

@Ralizah Though you didn't see Lora's death in the Torna expansion, the credits did show the beginning of the attack you see in the main game flashbacks.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Ralizah

@Grumblevolcano Oh, yeah, if you know what's going to happen to these characters via XC2, then you definitely recognize when the attack is about to go down, but I think it would have been cool to have that closure, to see the culmination of the game's tragic narrative arc played out on screen.

@Tsurii Yeah, the jump to the aftermath with Jin and Azurda kind of surprised me, since I figured they'd show the events leading up that beforehand or just ignore that last bit of the plot resolution entirely. It definitely must be confusing for players who started with Torna, I imagine.

Edited on by Ralizah

Ralizah

Ryu_Niiyama

I will say be careful with the joysticks. I have heard of folks breaking the connectors.

@NESstalgia Honestly I think JaxonH's response was similar to what I would have posted so I'm going to leave it at that. Moving on.

Edit: geez the page shifted from when I started this post.

Edited on by Ryu_Niiyama

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

EvilLucario

Bro like holy ****, I thought I could get angry but woah.

Edited on by EvilLucario

Metroid, Xenoblade, EarthBound shill

I run a YouTube/Twitch channel for fun. Check me out if you want to!

Please let me know before you send me a FC request, thanks.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

RedderRugfish

Mario is Luigi's Brother

Mario Maker 2: JN2-5GV-VTF
Latest Level: The Mario Repair Shop 361-D5D-1CG

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic