Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 43,461 to 43,480 of 44,784

Knuckles-Fajita

An interesting thought.

Look how From Software had Virtuos port games to Switch. Or Ubisoft. Or how Toys For Bob did Skylanders and Crash, not Vicarious Visions, or Panic Button for Bethesda, the list goes on.

All these games are being ported by other companies, not the main developers (With the exception of seemingly idSoftware due to the co-develop nature and some others).

My worry is now, that yes, these games are coming, but the actual developers aren't learning about the Switch. They just fork up cash to have someone else do it. Great business for those studios, but not as good for continued support, at least on paper.

Those comments from Falcom certainly ring true. They simply dont know how it works. Ys VIII would have been a good time to learn, moving from Vita to Switch...but they didn't do it. NIS did.

It does make me wonder the longevity of this model for porting.

At the same time though, boy Panic Button and Virtuos are getting work aint they?

NLI Discord:

https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

JaxonH

@Ryu_Niiyama
Honestly, I fired up the PS4, then got stuck by system updates, game install, game updates, and by the time it was ready I was playing Spider-Man and just never actually fired it up.

I think you’re going to be really happy with DQ Builders 2. This game has snuck up on me as one of my favorite releases on Switch this year. Maybe Trials Rising is in the running, Darksiders was good, Final Fantasy X and XII for sure, Dragon’s Dogma... so there’s been some other good ones, Mario Maker obviously, but it’s up there. Let’s just say best new release this year. Unfortunately those bragging rights won’t last long with FE 10 days off, but still. It’s a really great game. Like, it fits the bill of Animal Crossing at the same time it offers a full Dragon Quest RPG adventure. It’s such a strange mix but it works beautifully in this game. And it’s got a lot of Zelda BotW inspiration. From the glider, to puzzles hidden throughout the world like Korok seed puzzles, it’s just very Zelda-esque.

Taking 2 weeks off for the Holidays. Will catch up on whatever gets thrown on the back burner from the onslaught. Will definitely be done with Fire Emblem and Monster Hunter by then, and Astral Chain and Dragon Quest XI S. So maybe Ni No Kuni 2, maybe The Witcher 3, maybe Pokémon and Luigi’s Mansion 3. Really just depends on how much has to get shelfed due to lack of time.

PLAYING
NS: Fire Emblem Three Houses, Dragon Quest Builders 2, Marvel Ultimate Alliance
Vita: Super Monkey Ball: Banana Splitz

Jesus is Lord.

CLICK HERE For My Switch Collection

Ralizah

Galarian_Lassie wrote:

From a US Gamer interview with Nihoh Falcon president, Toshiro Kondo,
“The Switch has been a big platform in the past few years now. Are there any plans to bring other Falcom games to the platform at all, following Ys 8's release last year?

Switch is an incredible platform we like, but the truth is that we don't have the knowhow to really develop for Switch. Plus we're, fairly convinced that our main user base is actually located on the PlayStation platform. That said, you know, thanks to working with Nippon Ichi Software in Japan and then NIS America over here, we were able to bring one of our games to Switch and obviously we want to grow the brands as much as we can and put it out as much as we can. So in the future, if we have the opportunity to have our games ported by other other companies to Nintendo Switch, it's something we would definitely be happy to pursue.

And as a gamer myself, as an aside, I personally love the Switch. In Japan when this question comes up, it always, we get this weird thing where it's like "Falcom doesn't want to work on Switch," or "Falcom doesn't like Switch," or something. And that's not... The plain and simple truth of it all is that we just don't have the knowhow and the ability to be able to work on Switch games right now.”

Falcom hasn't wanted to release their games on Nintendo systems in generations. They'll happily ignore how well Ys VIII did on Switch in the West because the Japanese audience didn't snap up a full-price port of a years old game and point to that as proof that "their audience is on Playstation." In reality, no developer gets the benefit of a built-in audience: if their audience is on Playstation, it's because that audience has learned that their games go to Playstation consoles. Of course, as time goes on and they refuse to expand their scope to the most popular platform on the market, that meager Japanese audience is only going to grow smaller, I imagine.

Not a huge loss, though. It's not like the Switch isn't getting robust JRPG support from the biggest names in the business at the moment.

Ralizah

DenDen

@JaxonH Im glad im not the only one who is interested in so many games.

Top 10 games
1 secret of mana
2 majoras mask
3 breath of the Wild
4 final fantasy 9
5 Octopath traveler
6 Lufia II
7 super mario world
8 bravely default
9 pikmin 2
10 Diddy kong racing

Switch Friend Code: Sw-2926-4689-1966 | My Nintendo: DenDen

BruceCM

Well, he did say they'd be happy to pursue others porting their games, @Ralizah .... Maybe NISA, since they're working a lot with them? If Ys IX gets the treatment, that'll sell well on Switch

SW-4357-9287-0699
Gamertag: BruceCM

Ralizah

@BruceCM It's definitely possible. NIS is a HUGE Switch supporter, and with Sony's shift toward a focus on hardcore gamers and big blockbuster games with PS5, that likely won't be changing any time soon.

With Marvelous distributing the first two Cold Steel games, we likely won't be seeing ports of those, though.

Ralizah

BruceCM

Well, they'd want to do either the whole series or none, @Ralizah .... We'll have to see what happens with those games but I'll certainly hope they Switch

SW-4357-9287-0699

JaxonH

Idk.

I have the Trails games on Vita. They’re ok. I’d be happy to see the series get ported over, but if I’m being perfectly honest the games aren’t that good. As long as NIS ensures YS continues to get ported, I don’t think I’ll care too much about the rest. Not to say I wouldn’t be happy to see them, but there’s just so many other great games on the system it’s hard to care too much.

Also, Fantasy Strike looks legit. Went down the YouTube rabbit hole checking impressions and reviews, and there seems to be consensus that this is the best fighting game you’ve never played. It’s from the team that developed Ultra Street Fighter II, and it really does seem to bring it back to the SF2 basics. Designed for anyone to be able to play, but still has tons of depth for those who want more.

Fantasy Strike releases on Switch Thursday, July 25th.

Edited on by JaxonH

PLAYING

Jesus is Lord.

JaxonH

Super Monkey Ball: Banana Blitz HD announced for Switch. Sabi was right again

PLAYING

Jesus is Lord.

PikPi

Oh neat. Those are the kinds of games that entertained me during the launch years of consoles like the Gamecube and I think 3DS.

PikPi

Ralizah

@JaxonH Haven't played Cold Steel, but Trails in the Sky FC absolutely does not deserve the acclaim it receives from a corner of the JRPG community. It's a very... average game, with terrible pacing, mediocre music, and one of those incest-bait romantic subplots that sadly infests Japanese media ("you're my brother, but we're not blood related, so we're actually going to have a thing"... barfs)

Ys VIII was superb, though, and Ys IX looks even better, so I'm hoping it gets ported.

Edited on by Ralizah

Ralizah

DenDen

@JaxonH sabi is 99 / 100 correct its insane lol.

Top 10 games
1 secret of mana
2 majoras mask
3 breath of the Wild
4 final fantasy 9
5 Octopath traveler
6 Lufia II
7 super mario world
8 bravely default
9 pikmin 2
10 Diddy kong racing

Switch Friend Code: Sw-2926-4689-1966 | My Nintendo: DenDen

JaxonH

@Ralizah
I think it will. It’ll come later, of course, but NIS won’t pass up that opportunity.

PLAYING

Jesus is Lord.

BruceCM

Dunno about Trails in the Sky games, @Ralizah but the 2 Cold Steel ones on Vita were great Ys IX should follow VIII to Switch, though! Hopefully, anyway

SW-4357-9287-0699

Knuckles-Fajita

Resident Evil 5 and 6 launch October 29th.

But North America is also getting a Triple Pack of 4/5/6 at retail for $60, with 4 on a cartridge and 5 and 6 as downloads.

Not a bad deal, $20 for each of them, given 4 alone is $30.

Edited on by Knuckles-Fajita

NLI Discord:

https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

EvilLucario

Maybe I should just play RE4 on my Wii U and get RE5 and RE6 on PC. If RE5 and RE6 don't have gyro, PC would be my platform if I had to choose.

Metroid, Xenoblade, EarthBound shill

I run a YouTube/Twitch channel for fun. Check me out if you want to!

Please let me know before you send me a FC request, thanks.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

JaxonH

Hey, just getting Resident Evil 4 on a cartridge is good enough for me. I’m ok with 5 and 6 digital. Plus, by including them in the physical release I’m getting 20% off via GCU discount, on top of the fact they’re only $20/ea instead of $30 if buying separately, directly from the eShop.

This is good news.

Untitled

PLAYING

Jesus is Lord.

Ralizah

There's no gyro support in these versions, right?

I'm good. I still have RE4 on my PS2, and RE5 seems like a game more designed around co-op play.

Edited on by Ralizah

Ralizah

StableInvadeel

Oh hey that could be nice. Kinda bad for the sd card though...

But yeah, me getting any of these third person resident evils depends on gyro support. I can already play them poorly on the Xbox

Edited on by StableInvadeel

Romani Ranch enthusiast.

Eh! My gameplay videos

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic