Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 43,441 to 43,460 of 44,808

HobbitGamer

@Flipinout2 What do you mean by “Replacement”...

#TeamPineapple
#MeatAndGreet

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

NEStalgia

@1UP_MARIO They're not the same product. That doesn't mean the WD40 is a "bad" product...but it's definitely not what most electronics techs are using, and WD40 has a bad habit of misrepresenting their products for purposes they're not really ideal for (the main WD40 product is a water expeller...not a lubricant at all....but they've convinced everyone it's an all purpose lubricant. Similarly their 3-in-1 oil is an excellent rust penetrant and rust protectant, but it's the last thing one should ever use as lubricant (right above WD40 itself) - both products effectively form a gummy mess, requiring more and more to maintain lubricant as they bind together. Good products for what they were originally designed for. But their marketing department made a lot of money selling stuff for applications it wasn't designed for, and is often counterproductive for.

That said, WD40 silicone spray is quite good, and everyone should have a can of WD40 regular....it's the best water expellant and rust preventer around! But they nee to stop telling people it's a lubricant. It's the opposite, it increases friction once it dries.

No idea if WD40's contact cleaner is good or not.....just one of those things I don't take chances with. Deoxit is sold in multiple formulations (from 5% up through 100% solvent depending on application and aggressiveness desired/evaporation rate (5% evaporates fast, it's mostly alcohol, 100% sits as a liquid a little while.) And they make spray applicators, needle dropper applicators, and brush applicators. Plus a few formulations - the basic cleaner/lubricant, the one meant for GOLD contacts (I.E. Joycons....) and a harsh environment heavy conditioner, (not really needed on Switch but if you have a joycon OPEN it may not hurt!

Anyway, your stuff might be just fine, I haven't used it...but I'd always recommend the purpose made stuff if it came down to it.

The Caig products are sold in the UK, I just checked amazon.co.uk, but it's not Prime fulfilled and it seems priced exceptionally high (may be cheaper elsewhere.) Not sure why it's so pricy. Though a bottle of that stuff will outlive you unless you're using it daily for trade purposes

NEStalgia

Galarian_Lassie

@JaxonH Listing on the EShop shows it was published by Nintendo.

Where am I going! Nowhere, unless if I say otherwise!

Grumblevolcano

@Galarian_Lassie Also only games published by Nintendo are part of the game voucher program.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

1UP_MARIO

@NEStalgia wow. You’ve done your research. Opened up my email and was shocked by the wall of text 😉
It’s wd40 brand but it’s not really a lubricant like the regular which everyone has in their house. I’ll take a look on amazon uk but I still have enough joy-con fixing juice left for a while.

We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5229-5058-9308

Flipinout2

@HobbitGamer like just the tablet without anything else if your confused just look up “switch replacement” on eBay

Flipinout2

NEStalgia

@1UP_MARIO Haha, I don't think many people on this site would be surprised seeing a wall of text from me

But yeah, if you've got it and it seems to be working, not particular reason to change. "If it ain't broke" and all that But for anyone else reading that will buy stuff. Go for the deoxit. Probably the 5% spray since you want quick evaporation in the Joycon. (I keep a bunch of 100% around for most things, but I have a can of 5% for this sort of thing!)

NEStalgia

HobbitGamer

@Flipinout2 So, just a Switch. No controllers, no cables, no dock? No, that’s not worth it at all, unless the thing is like $100 and you’re never going to play on tv.
That’s like buying a car without a motor or wheels. Sure, the radio will work. But you won’t go anywhere

#TeamPineapple
#MeatAndGreet

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

Flipinout2

@HobbitGamer i did find one for $120 that came with joycons I just figured it would be cheaper to get a “replacement tablet” and just get the dock and other stuff separately

Flipinout2

Magician

Galarian_Lassie wrote:

@JaxonH Listing on the EShop shows it was published by Nintendo.

It must be a publisher/distributor oddity? S-E represented on the cover art, while Nintendo is on the spine because Nintendo was responsible for the North American distribution of the game. Conversely, Lost Sphear and Final Fantasy XII have S-E on both the cover art and the spine.

Switch Physical Collection - 384 games (as of August 19th 2019)
Currently playing: Giga Wrecker Alt (Switch) Mary Skelter (PS Vita) Borderlands The Pre-sequel (PS4)
Favorite Quote: "Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." -Arthur C. Clarke

Knuckles-Fajita

@Magician Even in Nintendo Directs when Nintendo highlights the developer/publisher of a given game...it says Nintendo.

NLI Discord:

https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

NEStalgia

@Flipinout2 Buying parts piecemeal is always more expensive than buying things in a bundled whole.

NEStalgia

Ryu_Niiyama

Anybody getting Marvel? It's on my list but I think I'll get it physical so I'll wait until next month. I think it will come in before I leave for my Taiko Conference.

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

JaxonH

@Ryu_Niiyama

Definitely getting Marvel, but it’s gonna be One of those games where I play most when my brother is over. Right now there’s some fierce competition on Switch. Dragon Quest Builders 2 is waaaay better than I was expecting, and Mario Maker 2 is still hot, and Fire Emblem around the corner. Wolfenstein Youngblood and God Eater 3 in the mix as well.

So ya, getting it, but not priority. Priority remains DQ Builders 2 until Fire Emblem, then Fire Emblem until Astral Chain, Astral Chain until Ni No Kuni / Dragon Quest XI S / Zelda Link’s Awakening, with some Spyro and Daemon X tossed in the middle.

PLAYING
NS: Fire Emblem Three Houses, Dragon Quest Builders 2, Marvel Ultimate Alliance
Vita: Super Monkey Ball: Banana Splitz

Jesus is Lord.

CLICK HERE For My Switch Collection

Galarian_Lassie

From a US Gamer interview with Nihoh Falcon president, Toshiro Kondo,
“The Switch has been a big platform in the past few years now. Are there any plans to bring other Falcom games to the platform at all, following Ys 8's release last year?

Switch is an incredible platform we like, but the truth is that we don't have the knowhow to really develop for Switch. Plus we're, fairly convinced that our main user base is actually located on the PlayStation platform. That said, you know, thanks to working with Nippon Ichi Software in Japan and then NIS America over here, we were able to bring one of our games to Switch and obviously we want to grow the brands as much as we can and put it out as much as we can. So in the future, if we have the opportunity to have our games ported by other other companies to Nintendo Switch, it's something we would definitely be happy to pursue.

And as a gamer myself, as an aside, I personally love the Switch. In Japan when this question comes up, it always, we get this weird thing where it's like "Falcom doesn't want to work on Switch," or "Falcom doesn't like Switch," or something. And that's not... The plain and simple truth of it all is that we just don't have the knowhow and the ability to be able to work on Switch games right now.”

Where am I going! Nowhere, unless if I say otherwise!

Buizel

So I've been keeping a record of every game I've beaten over the past 3 years, and thought it would be interesting to see what platforms these games have been on.

Untitled

This being in chronological order, I think it's become very clear that the Switch has taken over most of my gaming, and besides Switch, I mostly only manage to complete handheld games.

Buizel

Ryu_Niiyama

Galarian_Lassie wrote:

From a US Gamer interview with Nihoh Falcon president, Toshiro Kondo,
“The Switch has been a big platform in the past few years now. Are there any plans to bring other Falcom games to the platform at all, following Ys 8's release last year?

Switch is an incredible platform we like, but the truth is that we don't have the knowhow to really develop for Switch. Plus we're, fairly convinced that our main user base is actually located on the PlayStation platform. That said, you know, thanks to working with Nippon Ichi Software in Japan and then NIS America over here, we were able to bring one of our games to Switch and obviously we want to grow the brands as much as we can and put it out as much as we can. So in the future, if we have the opportunity to have our games ported by other other companies to Nintendo Switch, it's something we would definitely be happy to pursue.

And as a gamer myself, as an aside, I personally love the Switch. In Japan when this question comes up, it always, we get this weird thing where it's like "Falcom doesn't want to work on Switch," or "Falcom doesn't like Switch," or something. And that's not... The plain and simple truth of it all is that we just don't have the knowhow and the ability to be able to work on Switch games right now.”

Well, at least he is honest. However if people are saying that Falcom does't like switch, doesn't that mean that their market isn't just on Playstation, rather that it is easier for them as a dev to work with? I will say it always bothers me when devs of any stripe to strive to improve their skillset. I'm always working on a language or project even if it doesn't apply to my day job, considering that they could reach out to Nintendo for assistance I seems that this is a very helpless standpoint to take.

Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19

Ryu_Niiyama

@JaxonH Oooh just saw you sig. How is Judgement? It's on the list but I'm still working down RyuGa 3 (and my ps3 is in storage so before I'm 40, yeah?) so I don't want to give it a go just yet.

Your Switch schedule looks good. Mine will be similar, but I think I'm going to focus on Tiny Metal, Builders 2, Marvel, FE, and then DQ. I think I'm going to wait until the holiday season before I destroy my purchase list. I'm in full study mode currently and no point in buying shrink wrap fodder. I think I'm going to take a week in December or January and just game though.

Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic