Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 43,421 to 43,440 of 69,981

gcunit

@Dogorilla Thanks for pointing that out.

Embarrassingly, for a massive Star Wars fan, I don't know much about this series so have looked it up. Outcast follows on from Mysteries of the Sith, which was an expansion pack for Dark Forces II.

Academy (coming to Switch in 2020) is the follow up to Outcast.

I think I have all these nowadays on Steam (bought the entire set for about £5 I suspect), but the only one I've played was the original Dark Forces back in the day on Windows, pre-Steam.

Would be great if that entire set sold on Steam came to Switch so that I could play them in order. Can't remember much at all of Dark Forces but I know I liked it and think I finished it, so perhaps I'll just try and play Dark Forces II and the expansion on Steam before playing the Switch games.

Edited on by gcunit

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

JaxonH

Star Wars includes gyro on Switch, I hear. That's awesome. Even if its waggle, I wanna swing some lightsabers 😁

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

gcunit

@JaxonH Divinity: Original Sin 2 has been on my wishlist for a Switch port as I've heard how good it's meant to be, but I've not heard anything about a physical release, in which case I may have to ignore it for now.

gcunit

I've just checked my Steam account - I bought all 5 of the above mentioned Jedi Knight games in 2011 and not touched them since. Time to address that.

-Green-

What are the chances of new stuff for Switch being shown at TGS?

"Enthusiastic Hi" (awkward stare)
Nintendo Switch Code: SW-5081-0666-1429
PS4 Thing: TBA

Zuljaras

@gcunit SuperRareGames has sent me an email to fill what game I want to be made into Physical next and I filled Divinity: Original Sin 2.
I got the email probably because I bought from them Machinarium.

So if anyone has been customer of their lately and like Divinity we could unite and sent multiple mails

JaxonH

@-Green-
Capcom has a 1 hour long Switch remasters presentation at TGS. But aside from that I imagine it'll just be showcasing what's already announced, given how jam packed the lineup is.

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Magician

-Green- wrote:

We're all still waiting for the Switch-exclusive version of Monster Hunter.

I still believe it'll be a sequel to Monster Hunter Stories but we'll see.

Edited on by Magician

Switch Physical Collection - 1,247 games (as of April 15th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

gcunit

gcunit wrote:

I've just checked my Steam account - I bought all 5 of the above mentioned Jedi Knight games in 2011 and not touched them since. Time to address that.

On second thoughts, f-that for a plan. Just tried Dark Forces, Dark Forces II, and Mysteries of the Sith in Steam and, rather predictably, the graphical glitching and controller configuration issues are there immediately, and I have too many other games to play to spend time trying to see if I can improve the situation. **** PC gaming.

@Zuljaras Nice one - certainly better than nothing.

Tobiaku

@Heavyarms55 From what I remember after checking out the Japanese trailer, the boss was censored in the Japanese version of the trailer too. But hopefully its just in the trailer and the game itself will be uncensored. And that it gets a retail release.

Tobiaku

3DS Friend Code: 1977-0291-4355

Anti-Matter

-Green- wrote:

Um...
Konami will do their DDR, Beatmania IIDX, Sound Voltex Ultimate Mobile event during TGS 2019 on 12 Sep 2019.

Anti-Matter

-Green-

@Magician I really hope so. I’ve been hoping for a sequel to that game ever since I played it

"Enthusiastic Hi" (awkward stare)
Nintendo Switch Code: SW-5081-0666-1429
PS4 Thing: TBA

Tobiaku

@Knighty_IX Saw it earlier today and god gracious me, this is simply fabolous! Easily the Nintendo franchise I wanted the moste to get a remake! Even without an English version, a retail version would easily be GOTY for me

Tobiaku

3DS Friend Code: 1977-0291-4355

IceClimbers

Mostly looking for some Ace Attorney news from TGS.

Anyways, I'm happy that Banjo is out, but man is it distracting me from Astral Chain! I want to finish that game before Zelda releases

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

link3710

Always wanted to play Famicom Detective Club! If buy those in a heartbeat if they came to the west, or if they have English in the JP version even. No VA needed even, just give us English subtitles. Or y'know, I'd even take Spanish, just so long as I can manage to read it.

Edited on by link3710

link3710

NEStalgia

@JaxonH Is Divinity: Original Sin 2 that much better than 1? I say this as a huuuuge Black Isle/Infinity Engine junkie/super-fan, I found the first one bland, uninspired, and hollow and just abandoned it early on. It wasn't what I was hoping it would be. It was like the Western version of Tokyo RPG Factory games.

NEStalgia

Ryu_Niiyama

Woo finally snagged my Dragon Quest Switch. Had to do the usual song and dance with the bank. Can't wait for those cool joycons!

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

Eel

"Miss, if there's anyone trying to force to spend these huge amounts of money, or you think your life might be in danger, please respond by saying you are interested in life insurance"

(then they actually do sell it to you, because it's the bank)

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

EvilLucario

"Sir, this is a Wendy's."

Metroid, Xenoblade, EarthBound shill

I run a YouTube/Twitch channel for fun. Check me out if you want to!

Please let me know before you send me a FC request, thanks.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

Ryu_Niiyama

@StableInvadeel LOL! Yeah I do appreciate the sentiment behind it but at this point I should be that person they just wave though. "That Niiyama lady is buying stuff from Japan again!"

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic