Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 43,401 to 43,420 of 69,981

JaxonH

@scubydo
Actually yes, I just posted for someone asking the same thing the other day.

Samsung 512gb micro S.D. $89.99 Amazon

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

MsJubilee

Magician wrote:

MsJubilee wrote:

Can't believe they're going to sell Tokyo Mirrage for $60 and to top it all off, it's still censored! You can go kick rocks Nintendo.

Hmm, I'm late to the party with TMS #FE. How is it censored?

They censored some of the characters outfits and gave them some ugly ones instead. They covered one of the bosses cleavage(it's in the switch trailer) with some purple smoke.

@JaxonH Why did you just bring up Devil May Cry 2? The worst DMC ever made.

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

I'm currently playing Watch Dogs 2 & Manhunt

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

Magician

scubydo wrote:

Anyone know a good place to get a good 500+GB Micro SD card for cheap?

My default is usually Amazon. It seems that micro sd cards experience a steep decline in msrp a year after they're first available. I remember that the 400GB micro sd card was $200 not that long ago. Now they're what...$50?

Switch Physical Collection - 1,247 games (as of April 15th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

HobbitGamer

@scubydo Check into Office Max, too. I got a 400 on sale for $30 a few months ago. Sandisk

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

RR529

Magician wrote:

MsJubilee wrote:

Can't believe they're going to sell Tokyo Mirrage for $60 and to top it all off, it's still censored! You can go kick rocks Nintendo.

Hmm, I'm late to the party with TMS #FE. How is it censored?

I don't know the full details, but I think it mostly revolves around making some of the female characters' clothing more modest, and they added a smoky aura around an enemy in a cutscene to cover it's cleavage as well.

It does negatively impact one story arc as well. All the characters are trying to break into some aspect of the entertainment industry (which is a major part of the game's theme, as all battles take place on stage), with the main character wanting to be an idol, and one arc revolved around her getting over her fear of gravure (bikini) modelling, but since they removed the bikini costumes from the game, she suddenly randomly became afraid of regular modelling, which she previously had no problem with.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

Magician

MsJubilee wrote:

They censored some of the characters outfits and gave them some ugly ones instead. They covered one of the bosses cleavage(it's in the switch trailer) with some purple smoke.

Ah, I see, thanks for that. I wonder if Nintendo of Japan possibly showed an uncensored version of the game in that region's Direct? Occasionally Japan gets a slighly altered broadcast than other regions receive. The Japanese release might be different.

Hmm, definitely worth a look.

Edit: Unfortunately the Japanese trailer doesn't appear to be any different.

Edited on by Magician

Switch Physical Collection - 1,247 games (as of April 15th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

link3710

I'm praying beyond hope that the reason the TMS #FE japanese version is censored is that there's now a setting in the options menu to disable the censoring in all regions.

I... doubt it but hoping. Or at the very least, rewrite that story arc somehow to make sense.

link3710

Ryu_Niiyama

My bank account is on life support. Send help.

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

Joeynator3000

Holy crap, I have finally solved my issue with my Nintendo Account and Twitch Prime...geez, that felt like a major waste of time after learning all of that. x_X

....My mom didn't tell me that the zip code on my card changed...ugh. lol
Twitch Prime issue was confusing, I ain't explaining that, but I finally got my free 9 months, lol

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

EvilLucario

Daemon X Machina's new demo is pretty solid. 1.5 hours of gameplay to beat and I'm really liking what I played. And it's also in a more natural game progression. Framerate seems way better even if you're blowing a ton of crap up at once.

It feels really easy for now (although I did spend a longer than necessary time in the original alpha) but hopefully the rest of the game is more suitably challenging.

Metroid, Xenoblade, EarthBound shill

I run a YouTube/Twitch channel for fun. Check me out if you want to!

Please let me know before you send me a FC request, thanks.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

Aozz101x
Deadly Premonition 2 will be a switch exclusive.

Edited on by Aozz101x

My Top 9 Favorite Games of All time.
1. Judgement
2. Baldur's Gate 3
3. Bully (Rockstar)
4. Person 4 / Golden
5. Sonic Adventure 2
6. Xenoblade X
7. Ape Escape 2
8. Animal Crossing: New Leaf
9. James Bond 007 Nightfire

Switch Friend Code: SW-5070-3616-4044 | 3DS Friend Code: 4828-8466-0472 | My Nintendo: Aozz101x | Twitter:

Heavyarms55

The Direct was stinking awesome! I feel like the Switch has reached critical mass! There are so many amazing games on it already and so many more coming that I can pretty easily call it my favorite console of all time now! Forget their A game, Nintendo is at S-tier levels with releases over the last couple years and on-going.

Nintendo Switch FC: 4867-2891-2493
Switch username: Em
Discord: Heavyarms55#1475
Pokemon Go FC: 3838 2595 7596
PSN: Heavyarms55zx

IceClimbers

The crazy thing is there's still a few things that should be releasing this year that are undated - Alien Isolation and Rune Factory 4 Special among them.

The Switch went straight up into maximum overdrive starting with Astral Chain's release. Send help lol

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

DarkRula

@J-Plap As I say, Indiana Jones hasn't been relevant in a long time for those to be ported. Star Wars is already getting a new game that sounds as though its going to be chock-full of content. And Pirates I'm unsure on, but if what they do with Skywalker Saga is successful, I can see a new game with a full open world similar to Zelda Wind Waker.

Of course, they have only just started with the ports. One a year, by my count. Anything's possible these days, so we could even see The Complete Saga get ported after Skywalker Saga releases. After all, I didn't ever expect City Undercover to be ported onto anything, yet it did.

______

This Direct... There was some good stuff within it. I'm excited for Jedi Outcast releasing on a handheld, seeing the new 'mon and a bit more of Galar was nice to see. Even Animal Crossing, for as little new info we got from that part, at least allowed us to see more of the island we'll be staying on.

But most of the rest of it... Put it this way. These Directs I always try to rate not on the games that interest me, but as an entertainment package. Did I find it a good watch? Barely. For some reason I felt it dragged, and that's probably because none of the games had a chance to speak for themselves. The narrator was always there, telling us exactly what the games were. There just wasn't any flair or hype, I guess you could say. It worked for Animal Crossing, as that segment was designed to be an infomercial. The Smash Fighter 4 reveal didn't have any narration, and I liked that as well. But everything else was the same narrator talking over everything.

DarkRula

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3513-2745 | Nintendo Network ID: DarkRula

Heavyarms55

For those concerned about the Censorship apparently in Tokyo Mirage Sessions FE on Switch, the Japanese version of the game supports English. I have no way of knowing if the English in this release is still edited or not, but hey, in case you were wondering.

Nintendo Switch FC: 4867-2891-2493
Switch username: Em
Discord: Heavyarms55#1475
Pokemon Go FC: 3838 2595 7596
PSN: Heavyarms55zx

gcunit

Nice to get a Star Wars game, but a bit strange that it was singular and a sequel.

Anyone know when the SNES controllers release?

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

darkfenrir

@Heavyarms55 Iirc the switch version seems to have the same... 'censorship'. Although to be honest, not sure if the gravure part will still be censored though, I hope not but who knows.

darkfenrir

Dogorilla

@gcunit A Nintendo Life article says that the first Star Wars Jedi Knight game is being released on the Switch too. The article didn't give a source though and it wasn't mentioned in the Direct so I'm not sure where that was announced.

"Remember, Funky's the Monkey!"

Funky Kong

JaxonH

Star Wars Jedi Knight 2 and Star Wars Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy are both coming to Switch.

You know what? I think I will get Overwatch. With gyro included and bots, I can play in handheld mode against bots using gyro, and that sounds awesome. Maybe if I get good enough I'll play some online matches and get into it like Splatoon 2.

Btw, Divinity Original Sin II is a must own. This game is widely regarded as one of the best RPGs of the generation. Its got a MC score of like 93, it's nuts. I know alot of Switch gamers aren't up to date with these multiplatform titles but, this is definitely one you don't want to neglect. At least watch a review and check it out.

Edited on by JaxonH

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic