Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 43,261 to 43,280 of 69,963

NintendoByNature

So i checked out the website for Sydney and the curse of the Mayan( CollectorVision?). Game looks like it's shaping up to be a solid 8bit outing. Sound track is pretty sweet, game play looks good, seems alot like zelda 2 mixed with Indiana Jones. The dev was saying there's tons of Easter eggs and nods to the 80s and 90s. During his gameplay video I saw 1 zelda 2 easter egg that was pretty cool. The coolest part (even though i don't own these) is that the game supports the nes online controllers. I always have my 8bitdo I guess

NintendoByNature

EvilLucario

I'm only picking up Daemon X Machina this month. Then I'll pick up Doom Eternal (on PC though) and Pokemon on November.

Anyone remember Contra: Rogue Corps? Lol. NO ONE is talking about that game. At least Daemon has some buzz.

Of course that doesn't account for a Direct giving new games but you know.

Edited on by EvilLucario

Metroid, Xenoblade, EarthBound shill

I run a YouTube/Twitch channel for fun. Check me out if you want to!

Please let me know before you send me a FC request, thanks.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

NintendoByNature

@EvilLucario I'm on the fence about contra. I want it, but on the list of September games for me, it falls to 6th or so. But you're right I haven't heard anyone say much or even youtubers talk about it.

NintendoByNature

Eel

I saw two YouTubers comment on it when it was announced.

One was happy the series wasn't dead. The other thought it looked like shovelware.

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

JaxonH

Emily Rogers (one of the few reliable sources left) says a Direct is “tentatively scheduled for next week”.

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

NintendoByNature

@JaxonH that'd be cool. At least to hear what's up for December and January and maybe into Q2 of 2020

NintendoByNature

Cotillion

@EvilLucario Modern Contra can be so hit or miss, so I'm waiting on release to see how it fares before getting too excited for it.

Cotillion

rallydefault

Man... if I total every game up I want to get in Sept/Oct, it's easily over 200 bucks. I don't know if I can justify that. That's not counting Astral Chain, which I didn't purchase yet. Or the DLC for Fire Emblem, which totally earned my support.

I also want to get the Mario vs. Rabbids Donkey Kong expansion now that it's on sale.

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

rallydefault

JoyBoy

@rallydefault It IS a lot. But then again, last year there weren’t too many games I was interested in buying so it kind of balances itself out.

SW-7849-9887-2074

3DS Friend Code: 3754-7789-7523 | Nintendo Network ID: Longforgotten

Therad

You could always just, you know, not buy every game directly when it comes out...

Therad

JaxonH

If I had to scrape the barrel and only order a select number of September games, the non-negotiables for day one purchase would be Astral Chain, Dragon Quest XI S, Zelda Link’s Awakening, Ni No Kuni, and Ori and the Blind Forest.

Those are the 5 absolute must-haves, imo. Because all of them are masterpieces in their own right. Astral Chain is one of Platinum’s best games to date, rivaling Bayonetta 2 and Nier Automata. Dragon Quest XI S is one of the best JRPGs to date, rivaling Xenoblade 2, YS VIII, Final Fantasy X, Final Fantasy XII and Persona 5. Zelda Link’s Awakening is considered one of the best Zelda games by many, and the Remake looks fantastic. Ni No Kuni is one of the best JRPGs of the 7th gen. And Ori and the Blind Forest is, IMO, the best exclusive on the Xbox One to date.

As much as it would hurt to skip the rest, such as Spyro Trilogy (which I am told by some here these games are some of the best 3D platformers to date), Final Fantasy VIII Remastered (any classic Final Fantasy game before the MMO era is going to be in the conversation for all time ranking) and Darksiders 2 (which is a beloved series for me), something has to be put on the chopping block. I’d then grab everything else later.

Edited on by JaxonH

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Grumblevolcano

I'm letting the Direct decide, I bought Astral Chain day 1 and I won't buy Spyro day 1. By the time the next game comes around (Daemon X Machina on September 13th), there will have been a Direct that fills in the rest of the year and early 2020 so final plans on the rest of the year can be made.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Therad

@JaxonH yes, that might be true for you. But a good game now is a good game later. It is perfectly fine to delay a purchase or two, you can't play to many games at a time anyways. Many games also goes on sale quite soon, so waiting might be a good idea.

Therad

JaxonH

Daemon X Machina. Dang it. Completely forgot about that one. Remembering all the Sept releases is a juggling act.

This is us, backing up the truck for September Switch releases:

Untitled

@Therad
perfectly fine to delay a purchase or two

That’s precisely what my post was talking about: Picking and choosing which ones to buy right away, and which to delay. And those would be my picks of which to buy right away, and which to delay... if I had to choose.

I’d cross mountains and oceans to make sure those 5 games were day one, and kick the proverbial can down the road for the rest. Astral Chain, Zelda and even Ori are relatively quick playthroughs, comparatively speaking. It’s the Dragon Quest and Ni No Kuni that will be the real time sinks. Id probably do Ni No Kuni first though, since once I dig into DQXIS I may not leave the house for a month.

Everything else (Bulletstorm, Spyro, Daemon X Machina, Baldur’s Gate 1/2, Icewind Dale/Planescape Torment, Contra, Darksiders 2, Sniper Elite 3, GRID Autosport, AI Somnium Files, etc) would be casualties of the September maelstrom.

Edited on by JaxonH

Mayumi

Picked up my pre ordered copy of Astral Chain finally, but who knows when I'll actually get around to it. Fire Emblem Three Houses and Grandia HD Collection has been consuming me as of late!

Mayumi

rallydefault

@Therad
<sigh> dude, why do you always have to be such a killjoy? Just chill. Obviously I'm not gonna buy everything immediately, I was just stating how many things are coming out that I wanna get. You're always so dang snarky and wet blankety. It's pretty lame.

rallydefault

link3710

@HobbitGamer Jennifer Hale is one of my favorites for that kind of character (see also her as Ms. Marvel / Carol Danvers in Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes), which may have helped my choice. I was originally doing a double playthrough of both characters (Paragonish Fem!Shep and Renegadish Male!Shep), but between the voice and the fact that I really wanted to date Garrus (He might be ugly, but he's a sweetheart) I ended up just finishing the Fem!Shep route in 1 and beyond.

@JaxonH I mean, sure Emily said it, but that doesn't exactly take a leaker to know that they always schedule a direct for approximately the second week in September. I don't think we really need a leak to know that they're considering a direct then.

As for me and games, I'm not delaying purchasing much of anything physically, only because of the fact that I preordered all my games for the year with my GCU before it expired. I will probably delay Goose, Ori, the pinball game I'm mad I just forgot the name for because I'm superexcited, Gunvolt, and... probably some other games I'm forgetting because this month is too crazy.

link3710

JaxonH

@link3710
Maybe, but people said the same thing about a January Direct which ended up being in February. So the fact we also have a credible leader telling us a Direct is tentatively scheduled next week brings a little more confidence (unless Nintendo decides to reschedule for unforeseen reasons, which wouldn’t be the first time).

Star Wars Pinball? I’m excited for that one too. Everyone needs a good, solid pinball game in their library. And the whole Star Wars Theme is pretty awesome.

Shame GCU had to be cancelled. I’m good til March. But judgement day is fast approaching. I should have enough pre-orders locked in though to last most of 2020, aside from games not yet announced.

OorWullie

@JaxonH I buckled earlier and ordered Spyro after saying 2 days ago I was going to hang off for a sale. I've been wanting to play a nice relaxed 3D platformer for a while and Spyro fits that description perfectly. It will be a nice game to play alongside Astral Chain. Grid Autosport I definitely can't resist but had actually forgot about it when making my September list so there has to be a casualty and I think it's going to be Dragons Quest IX. With Zelda and then The Witcher 3 coming so soon after I think I can leave DQIX for another time.

🇬🇧 Mr Mustard 🇹🇭
SW-6101-8403-1640

🕹️ The Nintendolife Arcade Leaderboards 🕹️

JaxonH

Dark Crystal: Age of Resistance is up on Netflix btw! And it’s even better than I imagined. The puppetry is so good it’s hard to tell it’s even puppetry sometimes. Getting hyped for the game now big time. And it looks like a quality tactics game, in a world we all grew up loving.

@OorWullie
Dragon Quest is soooo good!! But I understand. Hard choices. Do come back to it at some point though, it really is excellent (demo is a great way to feel it out too, btw, if you haven’t already).

Astral Chain is intense. Like. really really intense. I appreciate the investigative portions in between combat because it paces the game out really well. The combat is so incredibly intense that I need intermissions in between. In Bayonetta 2 I could just rock through one after another. But the combat in this game requires way more thought and strategy. You could, to an extent, button mash through Bayonetta. You’ll die so quick in this game if you do that (at least on Pt Standard difficulty, Idk about casual). Spyro seems like a nice, easy-going game when you need to woosah for a bit. For me that game is Dragon Quest, which I played for about an hour today to refresh my mind (though I’m still buying Spyro)

Edited on by JaxonH

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic