Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 43,241 to 43,260 of 43,675

HobbitGamer

@JaxonH yeah, thanks for putting that size chart in here. You know those covers they have for Switch, the ones that are like flippable tablet covers? Something like that would work well for the Lite, I’d imagine. Honestly if Nintendo implements a sync solution for a “home” and “travel” setup between the two models, I’d consider picking up a Lite. But it would have to be very seamless, as in almost nothing to do on the user side, for me. I think Nintendo is aware that’s something the dual-adopters are going to hold them on.

#TeamPineapple
#MeatAndGreet

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

JaxonH

@HobbitGamer
Ya, no problem, I found it helpful too.

You know you can transfer between systems right now by launching the eShop, deactivating as primary account with a single click in your eShop settings, then launching the eShop on the second Switch. Just launching is enough to activate as primary. Rinse and repeat to switch back.

Then with cloud saves you're basically covered. And dont have to be online and all that like with sharing games without switching primary accounts.

Apparently Nintendo will be offering a solution to transfer saves also, which could help with the small selection of titles that dont support cloud saves.

PLAYING
NS: Fire Emblem Three Houses, Dragon Quest Builders 2, Marvel Ultimate Alliance
Vita: Super Monkey Ball: Banana Splitz

Jesus is Lord.

CLICK HERE For My Switch Collection

shadow-wolf

@JaxonH I hear you. Thank you for considering and taking my suggestion kindly and without resentment — that's not an easy thing to do. I know I don't know the history between you two so I really don't have any say in the matter, but it seems like @Knuckles-Fajita is willing to turn over a new leaf, and forgiveness and acceptance between both of you will only benefit both of you since each of you can enrich the other's experience with each of your unique opinions.

shadow-wolf

Arcamenel

I'm interested in the Lite Switch as a secondary console but only until someone opens it up and confirms the sticks are better quality than what are in the current JoyCon.

Derrick
3DS FC: 1693 - 1069 - 1732

shadow-wolf

@link3710 You're almost certainly right — but they made a conscious decision to not include that hardware when it was already in the original Switch. My question is why they chose to not include the hardware. As @JaxonH heard from IGN I think it's likely due to heat dissipation, especially since they have a smaller body while also having the exact same processor in the Switch Lite with no improvements to efficiency.

BUT @link3710 @JaxonH @HobbitGamer what kills my excitement for Switch Lite is that this will undoubtedly lead to customer confusion. Who knows how many kids will be asking for a Switch and expecting it to dock like on the commercials only for their parents to buy Switch Lite (the cheaper, more durable and smaller one that seems to be for kids). Then potentially the parents would try buying a dock to make the Switch Lite dock, to no success. And then they find out that they bought a Switch that doesn't switch. It's a recipe for disaster. Had they just figured out a way to make the Switch Lite dock (even with a separately purchased dock at $70) I would be very much on board with this. As it stands, I am hesitant about how this will affect potential buyers.

Edited on by shadow-wolf

shadow-wolf

Ralizah

@JaxonH So, with the original 3DS, I felt that, despite the sharper image quality, the screen was a tad bit too small for the sort of games I was playing on it. The XL was significantly less sharp, but the bigger screen made games feel more... immersive. I don't think the Switch Lite will have that problem, though. The Switch Phat's screen was large enough that you can shrink it a bit and still have a very large, clear image to appreciate. It'll be the best of both worlds. The lack of hybrid functionality is... unfortunate? But anyone who cares about playing on a TV will either get the Phat or will get the Lite in addition to the Phat.

I think it'll definitely help a few of the slightly sub-native games look better. Stuff like Octopath Traveler and Mario + Rabbids, which don't really need larger displays to be appreciated, will benefit all-around, I think.

Ralizah

shadow-wolf

@Ralizah @link3710 @JaxonH @HobbitGamer Actually @Ralizah reminded me of another thing that I think someone already mentioned — take off the Joy Cons from a regular Switch and you have a system that's actually more portable than Switch Lite. So Switch Lite doesn't even have a portability advantage over regular Switch. It's more durable and cheaper and smaller/lighter — so easier for kids to hold and play with — but other than that and the higher PPI (which comes at the trade-off of a smaller screen), I don't see how a regular Switch is worse when it comes to handheld play. At this point I'd imagine it's fairly easy to just get the regular Switch, sell the dock, and end up (after savings) spending about $200 anyway.

shadow-wolf

Ralizah

@shadow-wolf Yeah, but who wants to carry the tablet and joycons separately? Also, with the Lite being a whole unit, I'd feel way safer traveling with it than I do with the Phat, where I'm constantly worried about the joycons snapping off the rails under pressure or something.

Also, I find that the Switch is just wide enough with both joycons attached that it feels slightly awkward and kind of uncomfortable to play in handheld mode without a grip. When I first got the thing, before I booted up BotW and was amazed at what I was playing on a portable system, my first impression of the thing was: "Damn, this is bizarrely long!"

Edited on by Ralizah

Ralizah

Morpheel

Sometimes I wonder who has me on their ignore list. Then I remember y'all can't ignore me 😘

Anyway, I'm really hoping they make good efforts into making jumping from one console to another quick and easy. I would absolutely buy a Lite as a travel switch, but only if I can easily use it as a complement, instead of a replacement.

Edited on by Morpheel

Yeah I don’t know either.

Eh! My gameplay videos

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

3DS Friend Code: 0173-1330-0080 | My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Ralizah

I don't care if anyone has me on their ignore list. I try to be deferential and reasonable as much as possible, so if someone is that irritated by me, I probably wouldn't want to talk to them anyway.

They had better make it where I can easily transfer my Splatoon and Animal Crossing save data from one console to another. I don't want to be locked to one system because they totally messed the bed with regard to how they deal with cloud saves in certain games.

Ralizah

HobbitGamer

@JaxonH Yeah but I don’t want to muddle in my shop settings. I’m lazy; I want a “Sync” command right on the home side menu 😂

#TeamPineapple
#MeatAndGreet

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

shadow-wolf

@Ralizah @HobbitGamer If they’re smart Nintendo will add a quick toggle to settings or even the quick settings menu where (if you allow the option in settings) you can quickly toggle a Switch as the main one on and off. Unfortunately this is Nintendo so it’s possible they completely miss something so simple, but the allure of more Switch Lite sales might make them consider it.

shadow-wolf

EvilLucario

I tend to be belligerent when I talk with other people who act that in the first place or just posing up ridiculous complaints, but more reasonable otherwise. I wouldn't be shocked if I get blocked because I can be trollish at those times :^]

For some real talk though, I'm looking at the upcoming releases and good lord... one release a month.

July: Fire Emblem
August: Astral Chain
September: Daemon X Machina
October: Mystery game
November: Doom Eternal and Pokemon Sword

And I've still got games on the backlog.

Damn it.

Edited on by Morpheel

Metroid, Xenoblade, EarthBound shill

I run a YouTube/Twitch channel for fun. Check me out if you want to!

Please let me know before you send me a FC request, thanks.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

DenDen

@EvilLucario
Small list, mine is a lot bigger hahah

Top 10 games
1 secret of mana
2 majoras mask
3 breath of the Wild
4 final fantasy 9
5 Octopath traveler
6 Lufia II
7 super mario world
8 bravely default
9 pikmin 2
10 Diddy kong racing

Switch Friend Code: Sw-2926-4689-1966 | My Nintendo: DenDen

Tsurii

Morpheel wrote:

Sometimes I wonder who has me on their ignore list. Then I remember y'all can't ignore me 😘

Oh we can, dear. But I won't tell you how 😏

What a beautiful signature.
Chew.

Switch FC SW-2755-1473-1221
3DS FC 0662-8621-2250

Twitter

Ralizah

@shadow-wolf Yeah, a quick toggle would be nice. It'd be cool to be able to easily and painlessly 'switch' between the Phat for TV play and the Lite for handheld use.

@EvilLucario

Currently...

July - Fire Emblem: Three Houses
August - Astral Chain
September - Dragon Quest XI S: Definitive Edition
November - Pokemon S/S
??? - Shantae 5

I'm sure October and December will both have releases I want. And September has, like, a half dozen different games I want. But I'm not made of money and, more importantly, I'm barely going to have time for these games + the backlogged games I'm planning on completing this year.

It's like 2017 again.

Edited on by Ralizah

Ralizah

Morpheel

Tsurii wrote:

Morpheel wrote:

Oh we can, dear. But I won't tell you how 😏

Yeah I don’t know either.

Eh! My gameplay videos

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

3DS Friend Code: 0173-1330-0080 | My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

BruceCM

July: Fire Emblem Three Houses & Cris Tales
August: Oninaki & Astral Chain
September: Dragon Quest XI, Spyro, Ni No Kuni & Aeterno Blade II

SW-4357-9287-0699
Gamertag: BruceCM

Grumblevolcano

July - Fire Emblem Three Houses
August - Astral Chain
September - Link's Awakening
October - ?
November - ?
December - ?

There's a lot more September games I want but Link's Awakening is top priority, desperate to have a non-BotW style Zelda on Switch and hoping 2020's Zelda game is a traditional 3D Zelda like Wind Waker HD rather than BotW 2.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic