Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 43,221 to 43,240 of 43,675

NintendoByNature

Stupid question folks. Do any one who's downloaded picnic panic for the messenger. How do you actually get to that mode?

NintendoByNature

EvilLucario

Hey guys what's up-

Untitled

@NintendoByNature I think you have to beat the final boss? Not sure. I myself am not sure if the Twitch Prime version will have the DLC (which was the version I got), so I might have to buy it and play through it again if I want to access the DLC lol...

Metroid, Xenoblade, EarthBound shill

I run a YouTube/Twitch channel for fun. Check me out if you want to!

Please let me know before you send me a FC request, thanks.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

Ralizah

@JaxonH It's a good size, I think. Still large-ish, so the screen won't be unnecessarily small (and, importantly, the text on-screen), but it won't feel quite as abnormally long as the Switch does in handheld mode, either. The thing looks comfy, especially with that D-Pad.

Imagine how crispy Hyrule Warriors is going to look on that thing! It's already downsampled to 720p in handheld mode in the first place.

I never realized the New 3DS XL was so heavy.

Ralizah

NintendoByNature

@EvilLucario I beat the game a while back. Final boss and all..i looked at the main menu, nothing. Looked at creating a new file, nothing. Wish it were simpler

NintendoByNature

EvilLucario

@NintendoByNature Yeah what I meant was beat him again. That's second hand information though, I'm not sure myself. I don't exactly want to try on my copy because I'm not sure if Twitch Prime updates its games lol. It's not exactly like Steam or even ****ing Epic Games Store.

On non-Switch related news, I've been sampling Dr. Mario World. It's actually quite good! I hear comparisons to Candy Crush Saga, but as I've never played that game this is completely fresh to me.

It does want you to spend money, but fortunately I've been managing to play without getting TOO railroaded. I'm able to keep beating stages without needing to buy powerups, though I'd imagine that'll change very soon.

Also just unlocked my second doctor, Toad. But no one else will matter when Rosalina gets added. Give her to me now Nintendo!!

Multiplayer is also a lot of fun. Overall a solid game all around. Actually pleasantly surprised.

Edited on by EvilLucario

Metroid, Xenoblade, EarthBound shill

I run a YouTube/Twitch channel for fun. Check me out if you want to!

Please let me know before you send me a FC request, thanks.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

NintendoByNature

@EvilLucario ok maybe I'll give it a try. Just stinks jumping into the final boss after not playing for 10 months. Might have to develope quick learning curve 😋

NintendoByNature

JaxonH

@Ralizah
It does look comfortable. I always thought Switch was super comfy with the rounded corners and all, and that D pad looks legit. Being smaller it’s going to feel a lot more cozy in the hands. A full joycon shorter in width is going to seem like a massive shrinkdown in the hands. Given the tech in the system, I’m really surprised how small they’ve managed to make it. A system noticeably more powerful than a PS3, 360 or Wii U, nearly shrunk down to the size of a 3DS. It’s crazy.

I do think having a screen that’s not shrunk down too much is important for text given it’s actually playing console games designed for a big screen. But it’s shrunk down a little bit which will make games look that much sharper. I fired up Valkyria Chronicles 4 a few min ago (when you brought it up the other day it reminded me I want to get back into it), and that game already looks slick on the handheld. I was testing moving the system back an inch or two to envision how good it would look with a smaller screen. It’s not a game changing difference but it is a difference, and it does make the ever so slightly visible jaggies disappear.

Games like DOOM and Wolfenstein are going to appear as if they got a slight res boost which, compiled with the post-launch updates improving res, will combine to make a nice little improvement over the original launch version. Xenoblade 2 Gormott plains is, unfortunately, kind of beyond the reach of a simple screen shrink... even so, it should help dampen the extremity of the dynamic drops. Hyrule Warriors will be suuuper crisp, like fried chicken 😁

(It’s interesting that the camera and home buttons are actually lower down.)

Edited on by JaxonH

PLAYING
NS: Fire Emblem Three Houses, Dragon Quest Builders 2, Marvel Ultimate Alliance
Vita: Super Monkey Ball: Banana Splitz

Jesus is Lord.

CLICK HERE For My Switch Collection

Ryu_Niiyama

Ok the demo for Songbird Symphony looks pretty cool. I liked what I saw in the direct, but I am so getting this now.

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

Azooooz

In other words, the original Switch (God I can't believe I said this) is the best hardware to play Switch games on.

Making promise is easy. The hard part is keeping it.

Switch Friend Code: SW-3533-1743-6611 | 3DS Friend Code: 5069-3944-7877 | My Nintendo: azooooz | Nintendo Network ID: desert_king_Q8

JaxonH

I wouldn’t say that.

I mean, for me personally, yes, the original Switch is the better system overall to play on due to the hybrid advantage. But there’s a lot of advantages to playing games on a LiteSwitch. Just boils down to what you personally value more.

If you care about TV play, it’s an easy choice... OG Switch all day. If you don’t care about TV, I’d wager the D-pad, extra hour of battery life playing Zelda (4 hrs vs 3), smaller handheld size and higher pixel per inch count tips the scales in the direction of LiteSwitch being the best hardware to play Switch games on.

It really is a personal preference. For strictly handheld play, LiteSwitch is superior. For hybrid play, OG Switch is superior. So the question isn’t which one is better, the question is which one is better suited to your playstyle.

PLAYING

Jesus is Lord.

NintendoByNature

I did figure out how to get into picnic panic thankfully 😀

NintendoByNature

shadow-wolf

Knuckles-Fajita wrote:

My average opinion is only so low because of myriad mental health reasons that leave me with less serotonin as my brain chemistry believes that a normal median level is actually too high, thus leaving me with a lower, or as you would say "Underworld" level of enthusiasm and positivity.

Now to say I cant be excited is a lie. I am adoring Mario Maker 2, mainly as a level designer in my time off from my job, Astral Chain is a must have for me, because Platinum, I recently nabbed loads of retro games on recommendations that I am very excited to play, when I have the time at least, and even the Switch Lite is something I will personally be buying either in it's initial SKU or the Zacian/Zamazenta SKU.

As for those prior comments you brought up, I argued Smash Ultimate would be built ON a port, much as Brawl and 4 were. As for Monster Hunter in Europe, with the historical evidence from Capcom, it was a safe bet, albeit wrong yes.

Not every situation is a falling sky, I just voice differing opinions from you. The minute an XCX port gets revealed I will be screaming from the rooftops, the Spyro Trilogy last year had me damn near crying (Damn nostalgia), and to be honest even Sword and Shield, as...lets say wonky as the marketing is, are something I am looking forward to.

And DOOM Eternal, woo boy, sign me up for more of that. Got to play RAGE 2 first of course, the whole reason I bought a PS4 Pro.

As for my insult, y'all should learn to take some mild ribbing and observational humour. I do, quite genuinely, like seeing your comments @JaxonH, because you bring to light games I or others would otherwise miss, especially on Switch where, well let's say the eShop isn't so hot at that, it's easy to miss great titles.

I'm not jealous of your boundless enthusiasm. I find it refreshing! I know a guy like that at work, and I often ask him how he manages it. It's a different view on life is all. Glass half full over glass half empty. I cant help the way my mentality is programmed, but I can sure as heck appreciate the other view point, even if it comes through as mild jokes every now and then. The rest of the time I leave my wit when I see a post of yours and add stuff to my wishlist, because you highlight the positives in an industry where negatives are, by and large, the status quo.

Hey @JaxonH you should read this. I don't mean to interfere or tell you how you should or should not feel, but it seems like @Knuckles-Fajita didn't intend his/her comment to be mean against you.

And also @JaxonH do you know if it is confirmed that the Switch Lite cannot be docked because it is a smaller system that cannot dissipate heat effectively during docked play? I heard someone mention that as a theory and it seems plausible.

Edited on by shadow-wolf

shadow-wolf

link3710

@shadow-wolf It seems more likely to me that it can't be docked because of the lack of the hardware needed to send the image out.

link3710

MsJubilee

Not surprised BLP and Jax are at each others throats again.

But anyway, World End Syndrome is bloody fantastic! I am loving it, i didn't expect it to blow my expectations away.

I've died,there is no more me.

Finished reading God's Left Hand, Devil's Right Hand. Started on Grappler Baki.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

JaxonH

@shadow-wolf
You're right, I should read that. Thank you for sharing. For the record though, that's not the first time he's taken jabs at me for liking games, in fact the repeated jabs over liking games are what led to the whole blocking situation- can only take being shamed over being excited for games so many times before saying enough. So while it may seem easy to pass off as nothing, when it's happened two dozen times before and he's overtly talked major crap about me on social media to the point I had to block him on Twitter also, it's a little harder to believe nothing was meant by it.

There was a time we got along fine. Somewhere along the line though things changed, and Idk how or why. It got to a point where any time I saw his name on a post replying to me, I knew it was to insult me. It got so bad, he didn't talk to me unless it was to take a jab or mock me. That's when I broke off all communication. So that context lays the backdrop for how a seemingly harmless jab in the eyes of others... doesnt seem so harmless to me.

Regardless, after reading that post I'm not even mad. If more conversation could be conveyed on that level we'd be A-OK. That's the kind of honest communication I can totally respect, even more so given the fact I've NEVER read a response like that from him before, never in all the years on this site. If Knuckles is a changed man, I'll be first to start a clean slate and hold no grudges.

I'm gonna give this a try and see how it goes. Knuckles, I'm taking you off ignore.

Anyways, I heard the same thing from IGN NVC (Nintendo Voice Chat) podcast on YouTube. Not sure if it's true though. Seems like sensible speculation at the very least. That or they didn't want to de-value the $300 Switch to the point the Lite was bought by everyone at much lower profit margins (which is also a reasonable business decision tbh).

PLAYING

Jesus is Lord.

MsJubilee

@JaxonH If he already insulted you many times on here. He's gonna do it again, that's how people are.

I've died,there is no more me.

Finished reading God's Left Hand, Devil's Right Hand. Started on Grappler Baki.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

JaxonH

@MsJubilee
Highly probable, yes.

But I respect the response. Seems like a genuine effort to mend bridges. If I'm wrong... well, the button isnt going anywhere, and at least then I'll know I made an effort.

PLAYING

Jesus is Lord.

scubydo

tomorrow morning - God Eater 3 and DQB2 from my local shop! woohoo!!

RPG, FPS, Adventure,Action...oh I like 'em all!

Nintendo Network ID: devineministry

JaxonH

@scubydo
Yes. I have both on preorder. Surprised more people aren't talking about them.

HappyConsoleGamer has a great review on DQB2, absolutely glowing recommendation. I liked the first one, but this new one looks so much better. I love the little sail like BotW. And it looks gorgeous on Switch.

And God Eater 3... I played the previous games. At least, I played the beginning of them. This one feels so much better during gameplay. And it also looks great on Switch. Very high quality port. As a MH fan, God Eater is the only non-MH game in the genre worth its salt imo. Its not quite as good as MH (honestly though, what is?) but I had a lot of fun in the demo.

The number one question I find myself asking is, which one takes precedence? Dragon Quest Builders 2, or God Eater 3?

PLAYING

Jesus is Lord.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic