Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 43,221 to 43,240 of 69,995

HobbitGamer

@scubydo I am really enjoying Astral!

Ya know, Switch has actually gotten me back to trying games or genres I wouldn’t normally go out of my way to get into. First it was Three Houses, now Astral Chain. Don’t get me wrong, I’ve played the standard fare AAA action slashers, but at first impression Astral looked like it might be too fast or overly complicated for me to like. And the most I ever knew about FE was it was a tactics series. I know these two examples are high quality games, but so were others and I skipped them. I really do think the fact that I can pull it off the tv any time I want has made a difference, too.
Just my 6,495 cents 😜

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

IceClimbers

Doom Eternal should be one of the nominations for GOTY assuming it releases before the deadline, and if Doom 2016 is anything to go by, it will absolutely deserve it.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

link3710

@JaxonH DQ XI S shouldn't count honestly. This is the third release of the game. I don't like the idea of rereleases qualifying for GOTY awards, it's as bad as games in beta / early access getting them.

Doom Eternal definitely SHOULD get nominated if it's anything like Doom '16. I don't think it will (it's not open world), but it should.

Oh, and in reference to Doomguy in Smash, I'm all for it. When it comes to Bethesda's characters, I can't think of anyone more deserving, and Doom is a historic series even if the company had other reps, right up there with SMT, FF, DQ, Megaman, and the rest of the third party series. I used to be against the idea (cause of gore), but at this point, I can definitely see it working. That would leave Rayman, Spyro, and Sora on my list of 3rd party wants (though I have a ton more 1st party and Commander Shepard would be on if EA wasn't awful), and I'm not seeing any of those happen as the fifth pick. If we get someone as western as Doomguy, the final character will be someone wanted heavily in Japan. Sora fits, but I doubt we'll get another Squeenix character in the pass, so I'd wager they'd partner the Monster Hunter with Doomguy if anyone.

link3710

HobbitGamer

@link3710 Oh man, Shep is the one I didn’t know I wanted till you mentioned it 😂. His taunt would of course be “I should go”. I named my Astral Chain character Shepard, and changed the armor colors to match the N7 suit.

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

Grumblevolcano

I think Smash Ultimate is the Nintendo game that stands the best chance of being nominated for GotY at the Game Awards, it wasn't eligible for nomination last year because of release date so it'll eligible this year.

@link3710 DOOM 2016 was nominated in 2016, I'd say the thing most likely to stop DOOM Eternal from being nominated is its release date. Last year the cutoff was November 16th.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

JaxonH

@link3710
I was never suggesting DQ should be officially nominated for anything. I was basically saying it doesn’t matter what they officially do. DQXIS is going to be one of the best games I’ve played all year and that’s true for a lot of people. Therefore it’s going to be GOTY for a lot of people, whether that’s recognized in an official capacity or not. A lot of people held off waiting for this version, and for good reason.

I actually agree games that have already released should be disqualified in an official capacity.

@scubydo
I imagine it’s nice seeing them expand their comfort zone. Glad to hear you say DQ Builders 2 got them interested in DQXIS. I bet that’s true for a lot of people actually. That combined with Smash advertising and strong word of mouth.

Edited on by JaxonH

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

GrailUK

Tomorrow is September.

Just wanted to say, good luck everyone. Remember to eat and pay your rent. We can make it to October.

I never drive faster than I can see. Besides, it's all in the reflexes.

Switch FC: SW-0287-5760-4611

IceClimbers

Thankfully my September purchases aren't arriving until late in the month (Zelda, Goose, DQ, Ori) so I have just under three weeks until then. Gives me plenty of time to play through Astral Chain.

Watch them shadow drop something major that I'll want during the Direct lol.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

JaxonH

This new Mega Man set in Japan has a boxed copy of

Mega Man Legacy Collection 1 on cart
Mega Man Legacy Collection 2 on cart
Mega Man X Collection 1 on cart
Mega Man X Collection 2 on cart
Mega Man 11 on cart

Mega Man Switch Boxed Set

Mega Man Legacy Collection 1 and Mega Man X Collection 1 already released on cart in the west. And Mega Man X Collection 2 was already released separately on cart in Japan. But Mega Man Legacy Collection 2 (which has Mega Man 7, 8, 9, 10) has never received a physical release.

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

HobbitGamer

GrailUK wrote:

Tomorrow is September.

Just wanted to say, good luck everyone. Remember to eat and pay your rent. We can make it to October.

Nintendo consumer wallets are doooomed!

#MudStrongs

toiletduck

@JaxonH confirmed that none of these boxes are download code only?

toiletduck

Switch Friend Code: SW-2231-9448-5129

link3710

@JaxonH Oh whoops, my bad, totally misunderstood. That make sense then!

@HobbitGamer I was so confused when you said 'he' to Shepard, then I remembered that most people didn't play fem!Shep. It's honestly hard for me to imagine Shepard as male at this point, just because there's so much characterization and voicework.

link3710

JaxonH

@toiletduck
They’ve separated the Collections into individual releases with their own box for each collection, and I seriously doubt they’re going to separate them into individual releases just put a download code inside. Especially when the listing boast about having games “previously only available digitally”.

NintendoByNature

Ah yes, September... the month that will no doubt have me eating ramen noodle only through its entirety.

NintendoByNature

Cotillion

JaxonH wrote:

This new Mega Man set in Japan has a boxed copy of

Mega Man Legacy Collection 1 on cart
Mega Man Legacy Collection 2 on cart
Mega Man X Collection 1 on cart
Mega Man X Collection 2 on cart
Mega Man 11 on cart

And it accommodates the upcoming Zero/ZX collection. I'm hoping for a Western release.
I'm not a physical-or-nothing kind of guy so that's not driving me to import this. Aesthetically, I'd love to have it as a display collectors piece with english text/boxart.

Cotillion

JaxonH

@Cotillion
Um, I don’t think it does include Zero/ZX, actually.

As for JP text, I order English custom cover art from here Etsy and it’s so professional and high quality I swear he has access to the official equipment and digital files used to print Switch covers. Even has the inside artwork on every cover.

I’ll just request he make one for Mega Man Legacy Collection 2 He already has an English cover for Mega Man Collection 2, so I’ll order that, since I already own all the others with English covers (already bought a custom cover for Mega Man X Collection 2)

Edited on by JaxonH

TheFrenchiestFry

@Cotillion damn its 125 canadian dollars for me ooffff

TheFrenchiestFry

Switch Friend Code: SW-4512-3820-2140 | My Nintendo: French Fry

Cotillion

@JaxonH No, I didn't mean it included the Zero/ZX collection. I meant the box in this set has the empty spot to accommodate the case for Zero/ZX when you buy it separately later (at least that what the google translation says, when you take out the 'bundled goods')
Aesthetically, it'll depend on what the box itself that houses the cases looks like. If it's covered in Japanese text I'll skip it and hope for a Western release, but if it's just the fancy new artwork I may get it as the Switch case inserts themselves can be swapped out as you say.

Edited on by Cotillion

Cotillion

JaxonH

@Cotillion
Ohhh, gotchya. Ya, that’s rad if it does have a spot.

And the box is definitely the one thing you can’t replace. I don’t plan on keeping the set in the box though. Just going to take the Legacy Collection 2 out of the set and sell the rest on eBay to make back some of the cost. That’s the only thing I really want out of it.

Though a western release would be very cool.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic