Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 43,201 to 43,220 of 69,981

OorWullie

@Ralizah PS1 I'm thinking,feeling nostalgic for jaggies.

No idea why I wrote VII. I've never played a Dragons Quest game before but DQXI appeals to me greatly. I'm undecided whether I should try the demo or just go all in next month.

šŸ‡¬šŸ‡§ Mr Mustard šŸ‡¹šŸ‡­
SW-6101-8403-1640

šŸ•¹ļø The Nintendolife Arcade Leaderboards šŸ•¹ļø

JaxonH

Wow, Bulletstorm is full 1080p and rock solid framerate (not a single dropped frame on ContraNetworks Test).

Thatā€™s awesome. We need more FPS, and itā€™s nice to finally have one thatā€™s not only critically acclaimed but also runs full spec. Donā€™t get me wrong, I love DOOM, but we needed a high res/rock solid framerate shooter.

Iā€™ve never played the game so, itā€™s all brand new for me. Downloading now. Please have gyro (I know it wonā€™t... ughh). edit No gyro. Itā€™s still totally worth buying but thereā€™s no denying it would be even better with Gyro.

So I encourage everyone to drop a line on their release tweet and just say hey... gyro please. They are not used to selling FPS to the Nintendo fan base. We have to let them know that we like Gyro in our FPS.

Request GYRO for Bulletstorm here:
https://mobile.twitter.com/GearboxOfficial/status/11675437084...

And Astral Chain is being review bombed, just like Fire Emblem Three Houses was. Seems the only way to fight this is by proactively voicing honest reviews for every Switch exclusive.

Help Astral Chain with an honest review to counter the review bombing here:
https://www.metacritic.com/game/switch/astral-chain

Edited on by JaxonH

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

MarioVillager92

@EvilLucario Yeah, I'm predicting Capcom will go the same route as before. Hopefully they'll just have ZL and ZR as alternate buttons for L and R. Either way it'll be manageable, but man, would it be much more comfortable.

"Give yourself the gift of being joyfully you."

ACNH Name/Island: D-Pad/D-World
Dream Address: DA-1613-1378-1995

Also known as MarioLover92. Please ask for my Switch FC if you want to play online with me. Thanks!

My Nintendo: MarioLover

gcunit

link3710 wrote:

Speaking of unbeaten JRPGs, Octopath is still sitting in my pile. I spent a good 4 hours fighting the end game after the last save point before dying, and I can't see why I would ever try that again. I get not allowing saving during that crazy gauntlet, but they really should have had one final save point before the final boss.

My god, that just sounds inexcusable and is enough to put me off ever trying that game now. Surely the developers are putting off waaayyy more players than they're attracting with that.

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

1UP_MARIO

@Woomy_NNYes thatā€™s the standard price in the uk. Thatā€™s how much I paid in 2017

We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.

Eel

The Lite is finally up for preorder in amazon mexico, so my brother and I have set up our traditional "leave it preordered just in case it goes down before launch" gamble.

If it goes down to a nice discount, then great! If it doesn't then we cancel before it gets the chance to charge us.

If we forget, then hey, new system.

We both wanted the turquoise one, but it seems they have them limited to one per customer, so he had to settle for the regular gray model.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Ralizah

@OorWullie It's a long demo. If you're worried about blasting through it, then start a week before or so. Since you're a DQ virgin, though, there's no reason not to try the free option available to you first, right? And the demo progress transfers to the full game, so you don't even need to replay anything.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

AndyD

@JaxonH I just started Astral Chain today....WOW...the opening "file"/chapter is AMAZING...one of the BEST openings I have played in a good while. Played through all of file 2 also. WOW! The cutscenes are pretty intense...kinda remind me a bit of the early Xenoblade Chronicles 2 cutscenes when Pyra brings Rex back to life and the big fight scene that follows...it gives you that kind of feel.. This game will be played a lot from me...and I still need to start FEThree houses, but I will wait on that one just a bit. Anyways, Astral Chain is amazing all around. I enjoyed Bayonetta 1 & 2, and the combo/dodging/hitting mechanics involved. The added second "party" that you control adds a whole new depth to me. It will take a bit of mastering but I am excited to master the two so they sync in battle.

Edited on by AndyD

SW-3806-8055-1317
DIY Needs list
My ever growing backlog
Switch:Minecraft Dungeons,Borderlands 2,ACNH

Nintendo Network ID: devineministry

IceClimbers

Doom 64 has been rated in Australia.

Calling it now: it'll get announced in the September Direct alongside Doomguy in Smash

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

Ralizah

@IceClimbers That would make sense, with Doom Eternal coming out before long. And Nintendo's inclusion of Bayonetta has already signaled that they're willing to consider characters from more "mature" franchises.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

HobbitGamer

@scubydo Glad to hear all that. Reviews are nice and all, but I listen to us regulars for games Iā€™m in the fence about. I snagged myself a bonus completing a huge project, so I grabbed the last copy of Astral on my way home. Hoping to play after dinner.

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

AndyD

HobbitGamer wrote:

@scubydo Glad to hear all that. Reviews are nice and all, but I listen to us regulars for games Iā€™m in the fence about. I snagged myself a bonus completing a huge project, so I grabbed the last copy of Astral on my way home. Hoping to play after dinner.

yeah, I am the same way. I have many games that reviewed bad, but I greatly enjoyed. I think you will enjoy it...it seems a bit chaotic at first trying to get all the button "combo"/dodge/attack moves in sync but it is sweet pulling off some of those.

SW-3806-8055-1317
DIY Needs list
My ever growing backlog

JaxonH

For those who are fans of Waterfield (who designs the classy leather Switch cases, pouches and bags) they are currently designing a new set of leather cases for the Switch Lite. They just posted their first update after polling the community for what they want.

I think itā€™s so awesome that the community gets to design nice leather cases with the company.

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

link3710

@gcunit I mean, I'll be honest, Octopath was still completely worth playing. And technically, this is a bonus boss, I already ran the end credits awhile ago. This is like the final post-game boss, so I'm sure a lot of people finished the game without realizing this section even exists (I only barely stumbled into it, you practically need a guide).

In better news, I've started Astral Chain and I'm really enjoying it. The tutorials are well worth doing (they're totally optional), mostly because I didn't realize how to control my legion directly until I did. I'm guessing the resolution is mostly in the 600s in portable mode? It looks pretty clear, with a stable framerate. Though, I've only been in the early game so that's subject to change once things get crazy.

link3710

JaxonH

KOS-MOS Xenoblade 2 Edition is calling me...

Untitled

And then I see the $220 price tag šŸ˜”

Why is it every 1/7 scale statue costs more than the last one? Tharja from Fire Emblem Awakening? Like $80. Cordelia from Fire Emblem Awakening? $130. Camilla from Fire Emblem Fates? $170. Pyramid/Mythra from Xenoblade Chronicles 2? Like $200/ea. KOS-MOS from Xenoblade Chronicles 2? $220.

Wth... Either inflationā€™s decided to run off with everyoneā€™s wallets at breakneck speed, or GoodSmile & Co has declared war on the bank accounts of the entire gaming enthusiast population.

Astral Chain
On another note (namely, Astral Chain), Happy Console Gamer has posted his impressions. Heā€™s one of the few gamers whose taste really aligns with mine. All the games he loves are the games I love. He adores Switch but still owns and plays all consoles, so his perspective is that of someone who does play games across all consoles. So when he says Astral Chain is a 9-10/10 and may be GotY, it holds weight. Of course a lot of people said this for Fire Emblem too, so itā€™s going to be a tough battle to hash out which of those two games is better (not that either of them will be acknowledged in an official capacity- non-western AAA power console megabudget titles need not apply).

Edited on by JaxonH

Grumblevolcano

Astral Chain is looking like the first game this year that's not a port or remake which could be my GotY this year.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

link3710

I'm in full agreement. Kingdom Hearts 3 held it until now since basically the beginning of the year, but I think Astral Chain could be my GOTY. Of course, the actual awards will probably all go to Division 2, Borderlands 3, Star Wars Jedi and/or Death Stranding so, yknow... neither of those was even ever a contender.

link3710

JaxonH

While it is nice to see great games acknowledged, at the end of the day they can honor whatever AAA western release they want, it's still not going to change the fact Fire Emblem Three Houses, Astral Chain and Dragon Quest XI S are going to be top picks by no small number of gamers, myself included. Even Mario Maker 2, Dragon Quest Builders 2 and in all likelihood, Luigi's Mansion 3 will be top picks for a good many people. And I know for myself, Witcher 3 may join that list too, just because I'll actually play it on Switch. Heck even Pokemon will end up being one of the top games of 2019 for me, and I'm not even a Pokemon fan. DOOM Eternal as well. Oh, and Ori & the Blind Forest.

2019 best year.

AndyD

@JaxonH yeah those are all on my pre-order lists. Along with starting Astral Chain and needing to start FE Three houses up. My kids are even now at an age to enjoy some of these RPGs more than they used to. They love MM2 and DQBuilders 2 and will love Luigis Mansion 3. My son has gotten interested in DQ XI S since Builders. Plus he loved Zelda BOTW and others. They used to be only Mario type fans. While I was playing all the other games. Of course, Pokemon will be on all are lists as a family.

Edited on by AndyD

SW-3806-8055-1317
DIY Needs list
My ever growing backlog

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic