Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 42,781 to 42,800 of 69,962

Grumblevolcano

I'm surprised Nintendo Life isn't streaming Opening Night Live, it's pretty much The Game Awards for Gamescom so maybe it has some Nintendo surprises.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Ryu_Niiyama

HobbitGamer wrote:

Ralizah wrote:

I just deeply value the Switch's flexibility. It molds itself around my life instead of forcing me to mold myself around its own hardware design limitations.

This right here for me. It’s easier to play when and how I want on Switch as opposed to my previous consoles. That’s the biggest selling point for my lifestyle.

Can we sticky this somewhere? Seriously I never thought I'd love a handheld capable system (I really consider the switch to be a hybrid as intended) this much. I was pretty much ready to exit gaming for a gen due to lack of time or interest to being tied to a TV but the switch has been amazing for me. I can game on TV when I have the free time (which is what I still prefer overall) and I can game anywhere and rack up play time. Switch is the system that helps me see end credits and I love it.

Edited on by Ryu_Niiyama

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

redd214

@NEStalgia I'm sure it is just never really interested in it. Though Id be more inclined to try it on Switch than PC to be honest.

redd214

Grumblevolcano

Opening Night Live is showing off more of Witcher 3 for Switch, October 15th release date.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Tangerine

I would have preferred invisigun reloaded to have been announced during this instead :/ I hope that game does well.

Can't wait for Ori

Tangerine

MarkL1987

I now have to send in my JoyCons for repairs

Favorite Switch games:
Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
Super Mario Odyssey
Pokemon Let's Go Pikachu/Eevee
Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3
Friend code: SW-4428-8318-9398

Grumblevolcano

Port Royale 4 is coming to Switch.

Grumblevolcano

HobbitGamer

Grumblevolcano wrote:

Port Royale 4 is coming to Switch.

....Is that the one where a bunch of freight ships try to out maneuver each other in order to get to the single coveted dock? All while a swarming circle of fast boats closes in, of course.

Edited on by HobbitGamer

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

Ryu_Niiyama

I'm glad they didn't send the witcher out to die in September (did everybody have a meeting or something? Here let's release everything, NOW...). I'll be buying less than planned this year (still gonna get my list during the early part of 2020 ...gonna work a lot of extra hours) but I will make sure that I get this.

Edited on by Ryu_Niiyama

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

Ralizah

@NEStalgia I think that's fine. Even if you never played it undocked at all, if you're playing the way you're comfortable with, then you're Switching right.

@Tsurii Additionally, here's undocked footage, which, as usual, is always the big question when it comes to demanding Switch games.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Advance Wars 1 + 2: Re- Boot Camp (NS)

Banjo-

NEStalgia wrote:

@BlueOcean It's a little funny that you like handhelds but prefer playing on TV because it's more immersive...and you still don't want a dockable Switch It's like it was meant just for you

I've always preferred TV gaming and it doesn't make me dislike portable gaming. My handheld collection: GBC (sold), GBA (sold), GBA SP (kept), DS (sold), 3DS (sold), 3DS XL (sold), New 3DS (kept and used weekly).

I like handheld consoles and the New 3DS is my favourite one and yes I said that I want the Switch Lite (it has a D-pad and it's much lighter) but I prefer playing on the TV. I know that it might seem contradictory because the normal Switch can do both things but it's not because the games I want to play on TV are games like Resident Evil, Final Fantasy, Sunset Overdrive, Forza Horizon, Ori and the Blind Forest... which I get on Xbox One X while typically the Switch games look better on the console's screen because of the low resolution and the Switch's screen is decent enough. Also, I hate the joy-cons.

NEStalgia wrote:

I have certain games I designate as good handheld games and tend to put them in Switch and certain games I tend to designate as good TV games

This is the same for me more or less, I could play Nintendo games and puzzle games on Switch but I wouldn't play games like Final Fantasy, Ori and the Blind Forest or Resident Evil on Switch. Actually, I got Resident Evil Revelations for 3DS when it was released and then I got the Wii U version... and then the Xbox version.

Edited on by Banjo-

Banjo-

Banjo-

@Ralizah Cool, I was not trying to argue either, just saying that for me playing on the TV is best and tethering is usually not a problem. Peace.

Talking about The Witcher 3

The Witcher 3 running on Switch with CD Project's feedback, very interesting video.

Banjo-

Banjo-

@RedderRugfish In my opinion, the regular Switch is not good without a pro controller and it's huge as a handheld console and the joy-cons are awful. The New 3DS is perfect as a handheld. I'd love to try the Switch Lite before buying it just to see if it's nice to hold and use and of course wait for some Youtuber to tear it down and check the stick modules.

I've always thought that the Switch was on a middle ground and stuck halfway between a solid home console and a convenient handheld console which was, ironically, a risky and bold move. It's like they were testing the waters and asking consumers where do we go from Wii U even though they've always been successful in the handheld consoles market. It was also their first console without backwards compatibility in many years.

Edited on by Banjo-

Banjo-

JaxonH

Wow. Witcher 3 is looking way better than it has any right to on Switch. I’m totally digging it. It’s like, they actually retextured everything to suit the system rather than just tank resolution. I can’t believe I’m gonna be playing that game at work, propped up in tabletop with detached controllers (something no handheld has ever been able to offer until now).

Heck, I can’t believe I’m gonna be playing Ori on Switch. The thrill of having that game on handheld is palpable, but I already have that on GPD Win 2. Having games on handheld isn’t really the appeal of Switch. Because I don’t really like games that are stuck on handheld anymore than I like games that are stuck on a TV. I need both at the same time with the freedom to choose whenever I want. And that’s why I Ori on switch is far more exciting than just having it on handheld (which I already have on Win2) or just having it on TV (which I already have with X1X/PC).

Torchlight 2 is hype also. Saw that one’s already up for preload. As is Witcher 3. Already downloading as we speak.

As for Hotline Miami, i’m not sure that game is for me. I hear all the Vita fans rave about it, but I watched a trailer and... I don’t think I’m feeling it.

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Grumblevolcano

@BlueOcean It wasn't that risky, Nintendo marketed the Switch as a Wii U successor that could be played anywhere (even though its more like the opposite, a handheld that could be connected to the TV) so that the outcomes were:

• If it failed then Nintendo would've continued the 3DS line (e.g. HDS)
  • If it succeeded then it would replace both the Wii U and 3DS where the latter is replaced by a handheld only Switch which we now know is the Switch Lite

If Nintendo marketed the Switch as a handheld you can dock then it would've been risky because it could've failed and ruined the momentum 3DS had.

Grumblevolcano

Banjo-

@Grumblevolcano Doing both things at the same time is safe on paper. What I meant is that making a console that is not a powerful home console and it's a clunky handheld console with poor battery life was ironically risky because you are not doing any of the two things that you wanted to do perfectly fine. Whatever the reception was they could do something else like they did with poor good Wii U that they abandoned early on. I agree with you that if Switch had failed they would have prepare 4DS.

Edited on by Banjo-

Banjo-

NEStalgia

@BlueOcean metroidvanias like ori, and 2d platformers in general i tend to prefer handheld.... Much more likely to pick up and play. Witcher on the other hand just feels wholly console to me...i have no problem keeping that as x1 only... I'd only play docked anyway. Dqxi however, i thought I'd want to stick to the prettier ps4 pro version, but since switch has the definitive version including 16 bit mode, it's no contest.

NEStalgia

NintendoByNature

Im still struggling to understand what the witcher 3 is. I've seen gameplay, I've read thats it's action rpg.. But what is the plot is and what you're supposed to do. Any one mind explaining to me?

NintendoByNature

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic