Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 42,701 to 42,720 of 69,962

FragRed

@Ralizah @Grumblevolcano I know the year is jam packed as it is, it’s why I made sure to point out that we basically know everything coming to the Switch at E3. Though I really don’t think we will get any Direct in September this year - there’s no need for one. Anything that needs to be known can, and has been, done using simple trailers. But I also don’t think tomorrow is the time to talk indie games when your competition and publishers in general is bugging up bigger games. It just seems underwhelming.

NEW WEBSITE LAUNCHED! Regular opinion articles, retro game reviews and impression pieces on new games! ENGAGE VG: EngageVG.com

gcunit

@Anti-Matter I liked the female voice-over we had for a recent one in Europe. Happy for her to return.

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

JaxonH

Showing indie games is always separate from showing the bigger games. Whether or not they reveal indie games tomorrow has no bearing on their reveal schedule for other games. So it’s either they announce nothing now and big games later, or announce indies now and big games later. It’s quite literally a case of more or less.

The competition is always making big games. That doesn’t mean you don’t ever show off the smaller ones. Not withstanding the competition doesn’t have squat to show for another year anyways. And Nintendo already has tons of big games on lock. They’ve filled out the schedule of big games- there’s nothing more they need to do except let them release. This is just adding on to that.

This isn’t the first time they’ve done a separate indie showcase. And it has never replaced reveals for bigger games- it’s always been “in addition to”.

And we’ll definitely get a fall Direct. No matter how many games are coming, they always have a couple more to announce in the fall. Not to mention setting the stage for next year with a bit more info on that as well. But either way, announcing games like Ori and the Blind Forest and other indies can’t be construed as a bad thing in any alternate universe I can imagine. That game alone is probably bigger news than any big game they could announce.

Edited on by JaxonH

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

darkfenrir

Also I would say that completely ignoring the smaller games felt a very snobbish attitude (even if it's very logical one! People tend to buy a console for the BIG games, not smaller games), but even so, the way Sony acted to indies are... very, very bad.

I think they said something like we don't need to cater to indies anymore because they'll come because we have userbase? It's... so ugh. Like I understand not making a direct like Nintendo did, but to be so rude like that??? wtf??

darkfenrir

NintendoByNature

I tend to enjoy Indies almost as much, and in some cases, more than bigger titles. Put shovel knight aside(maybe even cadence since it has zelda in it) as it's the pinnacle of Indies, games like the messenger, hyper light drifter, golf story, guacamelee are phenomenal games all worthy of hype and attention. I'm sure missing other big indie
games people enjoy(hollow knight even though it's not my favorite). They have their place for sure, which is why I do like watching these indie show cases

NintendoByNature

link3710

@FragRed There's been a Direct in November or September every year since Directs started, I doubt that'll stop now. Don't forget, we literally know nothing about the first two months of the year. It's almost certain we'll get one still. Plus Rad, Witcher 3, Dark Crystal, Mario & Sonic at Tokyo, GRID Autosport, FF Crystal Chronicles, and Yokai Watch 4 (published by Nintendo) all need release dates and are launching this year. Possibly Baldo, SMT V, BOTW2, NMH3 and Bayonetta 3 for at least windows as well.

Also, Gods & Monsters NEEDS a reveal of what the heck the game actually is ahead of its launch at the start of the year, so that seems almost certain as well.

And probably more important than any of that is the fact that the Fall direct is basically the cornerstone of their holiday advertising campaign every year. They're going to want to promote Daemon Ex Machina, Link's Awakening, Luigi's Mansion 3, and Sword and Shield more, and this is their last big stage to do so.

link3710

Ralizah

@darkfenrir Yep. Sony is full Arrogant Mode again. Happens every time they dominate a generation, it seems. Now they're basically laughing at the idea of helping indie devs promote their games and are talking about launching the PS5 as some super-powerful "niche product" that sounds like it'll cost some crazy amount of money at launch.

Big games are great. Big games are probably, on balance, more important to the success of a console than smaller games from smaller publishers. But those small games and publishers have a role as well, and actively antagonizing them, especially near the start of a new console gen, seems... stupid? They certainly kept the PS4 alive before the conveyor belt of big AAA exclusives got going later in the gen.

If Nintendo is smart, they're continue to cater to indie devs, help promote their games, and keep building bridges like they have throughout the Switch era.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Advance Wars 1 + 2: Re- Boot Camp (NS)

darkfenrir

@Ralizah And I'm still confused on why Sony, with how bad they treated everyone seems to still get treated like they are the holy grail. PS3 was failing, bad, especially at the beginning of the gen, and then... everyone just moved on to it? (Pretty much porting nearly every single JRPG on the Xbox 360 version, and then made it definitive edition, etc)

Like I felt it was always like that, a fail -> companies keep developing for Sony anyway even though most companies would have jump ship already if it's not Sony (Xbox One, Nintendo with Wii U, etc)

Just weird, 's all.

darkfenrir

Anti-Matter

@darkfenrir
If PS5 has NO Indie games at all like on PS4 (Portal Knights, Yonder the Cloud Catcher Chronicles, Stranded Sails, Overcooked, Youtubers Life, 99 Vidas, Earthlock, etc) then PS5 = Boring machine.
Even if there will be The Sims 5 on PS5, one AAA game is NOT enough.

Beside, i'm very sick to see OMFG Ultra HD Hyper Too Realistic 4K 120fps 2160p graphics for just only exploit tons of disgusting violence, blood, gore, the foulest language ever, terrors, gritty stuffs, darkest side, etc.
If Sony still persistent with this idea, i can see PS5 = 18+ ONLY machine with completely ALMOST NO kids games at all.

Edited on by Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

redd214

@Anti-Matter even though like it's been pointed out to you many times before, there are more E games on the ps4 than M games

Really enjoying the extra battery life of the new switch, really makes a big difference overall. It's also just faster overall, from menus to loading games, even downloads. Can't wait to see what a true improvements a real Switch "Pro" will bring!

Edited on by redd214

redd214

Grumblevolcano

@FragRed Opening Night Live is pretty much a Gamescom version of the Game Awards, right? Well if that's the case, it's entirely possible that Nintendo throws in a surprise for that even if just something like revealing Fighter Pass character 4 for Smash.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

JaxonH

So it seems we even have a date floating around now for Ori (Sept 27). I think that pretty much seals the deal. When you’ve got places even leaking the release date... ya.

I wonder if Ori and the Will of the Wisps will make the jump as well.

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

IceClimbers

Started Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3.

I am so glad to see that they got Yuri Lowenthal to voice Spider-Man after the absolutely phenomenal job he did in Spider-Man PS4.

Game is really fun. I've got a bunch of time off this week so I'm hoping to finish the game before Astral Chain releases.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

DenDen

@JaxonH I want this game so bad😇

Now playing
Nexomon
Dicey Dungeons
UnderMine
Steamworld Quest

FC - SW 2926-4689-1966

Switch Friend Code: Sw-2926-4689-1966 | My Nintendo: DenDen

kkslider5552000

So I'm gonna risk ruining this thread by pointing out something I just realized that made me laugh, that I'm sure has already been pointed out somewhere. So considering I grew up with the N64...

Games I can play on the current Nintendo console:
-Crash 1-3
-Spyro 1-3
-Final Fantasy VII
-a ton of Sega and SNK games

Games I cannot play on the current Nintendo console:
-Super Mario 64
-Ocarina of Time
-Goldeneye
-literally any non-HD nintendo game made after the NES era (forgive me if there's an exception to this I'm forgetting)

reality makes no sense

Edited on by kkslider5552000

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Haruki_NLI

@kkslider5552000 There are various SNES games from third parties but in terms of Nintendo owned games from the post NES era....er.....

Huh.

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

Cotillion

@kkslider5552000 And you will, in all likelihood, never play Goldeneye on it. It's stuck in licensing hell. Nintendo published it, Rare developed it and 007 needs to be licensed from EON (which neither Nintendo nor Rare has the rights to distribute currently).
Otherwise, yeah....Nintendo-made retro games are sorely lacking on Switch, beyond the slow trickle of NES games on NSO. It's been an ongoing source of complaints since the Switch launch from many people (myself included).

Cotillion

Magician

Monster Rancher is making a comeback and is confirmed for Switch.
https://gematsu.com/2019/08/monster-rancher-port-confirmed-fo...

It makes me wonder how this game will work though? In the PS1 games you would remove your game disc from the system and insert a different game disc in order to generate different monsters. I just assume there'll be a gacha, randomization system of some sort in place of that old method.

Switch Physical Collection - 1,241 games (as of March 23rd, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

Anti-Matter

Magician wrote:

Monster Rancher is making a comeback and is confirmed for Switch.
https://gematsu.com/2019/08/monster-rancher-port-confirmed-fo...

It makes me wonder how this game will work though? In the PS1 games you would remove your game disc from the system and insert a different game disc in order to generate different monsters. I just assume there'll be a gacha, randomization system of some sort in place of that old method.

What...? 😮
WHAAAAATTT....???!!! 🤯🤯🤯
Monster Rancher on Nintendo Switch??!! 🤪🤪:)

Anti-Matter

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic