Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 42,681 to 42,700 of 69,963

MarkL1987

JaxonH wrote:

@MarkL1987
Have you updated the joycon controllers themselves? You have to physically connect them to the Switch, then go into settings (maybe where it says controllers in settings) and select “Update Controller”.

If you’ve done that, my next suspicion would be interference. Perhaps another device using Bluetooth in the near area. Or a PS4/X1 left in sleep mode. That gave me a lot of interference issues until I figured out that’s what was causing it. Now I power them all the way down and have no problems.

My JoyCons are always connected to the Switch. I haven't tried updating the controller yet, so I'll probably do that next. And my PS4 is always off when I use my Switch

Favorite Switch games:
Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
Super Mario Odyssey
Pokemon Let's Go Pikachu/Eevee
Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3
Friend code: SW-4428-8318-9398

Cotillion

New_Guest wrote:

Voting with your wallet doesnt work with a product popular like the switch with kids getting their parents to pay without really looking into it

You can't vote with your wallet because they've tied the games to NSO. So, you can't just not buy the NES subscription, you also have to give up cloud saves and any online multiplayer. So, they can easily say 'oh, xx million people subbed, so they must like it and it's exactly what people want' when in reality they're supporting it whether they like or not because it's tied to other things.
I don't like the whole situation they've created with NSO.

Cotillion

Ralizah

inb4 surprise cold drop of Ori and the Blind Forest on the Switch eshop tomorrow.

What I ACTUALLY yearn for is Rare Replay, but I'd be perfectly happy to try out Ori, which I've heard good things about.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

HobbitGamer

Actually, voting with your wallet works on all luxury consumer goods. It’s your wallet. If you don’t buy something, you still have your money, so it’s no longer your problem.

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

JaxonH

@Ralizah
Ori. Is. AMAZING.

It’s the one game I used to tell people was worth buying an Xbox One for. Not to say there aren’t other good games on the system but this is one of those rare games so good that, if you have to buy a console to play it, then buy a console to play it. Obviously it’s on PC so a lot of people can access it that way, but it would be much more preferable if it were just on Switch.

It’s one of the best Metroidvania games I’ve played in my entire life. It honestly feels like a Nintendo game, that Nintendo themselves made. The quality is just so high and the precision gameplay is so good... it’s on par with DKC Tropical Freeze for tight gameplay response, yet on par with Metroid for game design, and on par with both in the music dept. And it’s so atmospheric and beautiful, with really lovable characters. One of the things Nintendo does so well is they make characters that people love. Ori feels like a Nintendo character, in that respect.

Idk. This is my favorite Xbox One game to date. And probably in my top 20 list for favorite games of all time (speaking of which, I’m going to have to make that list official one of these days- I fear it might balloon into a top 50 list though because there’s so many great games I’ve played)

Edited on by JaxonH

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

NintendoByNature

Yea the ori thing is really circulating the internet now. Already watched spawn wave and rgt85 talk about it. I'm still in the mindset that were getting a release date not so far away for pine and if i could have my way, a shadow drop of king of Cards too

Edit: just saw on Amazon there's a sweet looking wireless power A spyro controller coming out

Edited on by NintendoByNature

NintendoByNature

link3710

@NintendoByNature I just looked at the controller. I was expecting a plain purple design with a face, but this really does look nice. If it was actually drawn to take the buttons into account better I'd definitely get this, but I'll keep an eye on it anyways.

@JaxonH Man, that makes me really want to play Ori. If it doesn't get announced for Switch before next year's dry spell, I'll probably end up playing it on PC, but I'm still holding out hope it'll come onto something a little more portable. Metroidvanias are the kinds of games I love playing in bed tbh.

link3710

NintendoByNature

@link3710 I like the color scheme for sure. Probably one of the better controllers I've seen for switch

NintendoByNature

EvilLucario

Game Pass for PC is available for 3 months at only $5. Use that as an opportunity to play Ori if it doesn't end up on Switch.

I haven't myself, but PC will be how I play it since I already have Game Pass.

Metroid, Xenoblade, EarthBound shill

I run a YouTube/Twitch channel for fun. Check me out if you want to!

Please let me know before you send me a FC request, thanks.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

gcunit

(I haven't finished it) Ori is a beautiful experience to begin with, but it doesn't hold my attention as well as Hollow Knight. Maybe that's just the difference between a Switch-based game and a PC-based game for me.

Hollow Knight is probably my favourite metroidvania, followed by Guacamelee. I guess Ori is third in my list, but I've not played much of any other metroidvanias aside from Axiom Verge.

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

Haruki_NLI

Huh

I got a survey from Nintendo about DOOM 1993

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

Ralizah

@JaxonH Wow.

Well, hopefully it's as good as all that. If it doesn't get announced for the Switch on Monday, maybe I'll download it from Steam during the next sale.

JaxonH

@Ralizah
Oh it is. Definitely play it on Steam if it doesn’t come to Switch. Especially given the price. The only reason I never finished it is, I have a hard time finishing games that aren’t handheld or hybrid. Even going back to the PS4/3DS era that’s always been the case.

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

JaxonH

@Ralizah
Here’s the ACG review if you (or anyone else) are curious to get a feel for Ori.

Ralizah

So, based on the teases about what's being dropped during the Direct, I'm guessing Hotline Miami 1 & 2 Collection and Superhot will be available tomorrow.

Not great for me, although Hotline Miami absolutely belongs on Switch. Not a big fan of the second game, but the first is up there as one of my favorite indies.

MsJubilee

I must be the few that didn't like Hotline Maimi, it got stale after a couple of levels.

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

I'm currently playing Resident Evil 4 Remake & Manhunt

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

FragRed

I assume tomorrow’s Nindie Showcase will be Nintendo’s way of saying “we have nothing new to reveal for the year or beyond, so how about some indie games?” I personally am looking forward to seeing what is announced, though I don’t care about Super Hot and already had my fill of Hotline Miami 1 & 2. But against the prospects of big titles being revealed by other publishers during Gamescom I can’t help but feel this to be underwhelming from Nintendo.

NEW WEBSITE LAUNCHED! Regular opinion articles, retro game reviews and impression pieces on new games! ENGAGE VG: EngageVG.com

Ralizah

@FragRed The year is already jam-packed with major Nintendo-published titles every month, along with some notable third party support. This is Nintendo helping to continue to draw attention to notable indie releases. Since Nintendo already has its ducks in a row through December when it comes to big releases, it's better for them to help support the smaller developers releasing Switch games as well. The better everyone does, the more attractive the platform stays industry-wide.

As usual, I'm sure we'll hear about their early 2020 releases later in the year, and E3/post-E3 will be when we get an idea of what late 2020 looks like for the Switch.

Edited on by Ralizah

Anti-Matter

I wonder who will be the host for Nindie Direct tomorrow....

Anti-Matter

Grumblevolcano

@FragRed Indie games has been Nintendo's thing for Gamescom and PAX for years now. They'll likely do their usual next Direct in September.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic