Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 42,681 to 42,700 of 45,925

kkslider5552000

I've been not paying for laggy mediocre online and have also saved at least 20 bucks because of it. Go me!

NB, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Bioshock Infinite Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy BIOSHOCK < Link to LP

Tangerine

I'm glad katamari and everspace are finally on sale in EU sale.

I had dragon quest builders 2, hollow knight and majoras mask for 3ds arrive today from Amazon.

I'm now doing this silly thing I do where I'm doubting a purchase (dragon quest builders 2) and whether to return it or not. So far I'm undecided. I did the same with saints row (returned it in the end)

On the one hand the review scores coming in for DQB2 are great, but I'm hoping the bad camera controls and frame rate issues don't bother me if I do open it up and keep it. Hearing about the switch's fan being on full blast when the game runs bothers me a bit too. I'll be playing handheld if I do keep it. Anyone able to put my mind at ease? :S

Tangerine

EvilLucario

Seems that the new revised Switch is like a less obvious Xbox One S as Digital Foundry suggested.

Edited on by EvilLucario

Metroid, Xenoblade, EarthBound shill

I run a YouTube/Twitch channel for fun. Check me out if you want to!

Please let me know before you send me a FC request, thanks.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

DarkRula

@Tangerine I've been playing exclusively handheld. I've barely noticed any framerate dips or dives - if they've even been there - and as I've said before the only problem with the camera control is that there's no longer a toggle for zoom in third person. Swapping to first person if within tight spaces is probably a better option than even the closest zoom the game can offer, though. I've also not noticed the fan running loud, but that could just be because it's in handheld mode.

Edited on by DarkRula

DarkRula

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3513-2745 | Nintendo Network ID: DarkRula

scubydo

@JaxonH yeah, i had god eater 1 and 2 on PS4 when I had one, but i never really got into them, due to my backlog. Of course, MHGU drew me into the genre a lot, so to have a "somewhat" of a story, I am excited to give it a run through. Along with DQB2, and my current startup of terraria on switch with a large world...lots of fun to be had. And to add to some of the others lists - my pre-order list is too big...my wallet is screaming again.

RPG, FPS, Adventure,Action...oh I like 'em all!

Nintendo Network ID: devineministry

IceClimbers

Of course they announce Switch Lite while I'm on a camping trip lol.

Looks like a perfect option for those that just want their Pokemon/Fire Emblem/Animal Crossing machine while cutting some costs for themselves.

Anyways, I'm for sure grabbing Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3, Astral Chain, Link's Awakening, Luigi's Mansion 3, and Doom Eternal this year. Fire Emblem, Wolfenstein, and DQXIS will have to wait a bit, but I'll get them eventually!

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

scubydo

well, i will be getting at least 2 probably. We have 4 kids, two of which love playing the multiplayer games with me, and this way they can have their own switches too to keep in their rooms or whatever.

RPG, FPS, Adventure,Action...oh I like 'em all!

Nintendo Network ID: devineministry

DenDen

Mua 3 very curious about that one, wil probaly wait on a price drop though

Now playing
Switch : Little Dragon Café, Gleaner Heights, my friend Pedro

Switch Friend Code: Sw-2926-4689-1966 | My Nintendo: DenDen

Knuckles-Fajita

This "New" Switch is very much like what Sony did several times with the PS4. Modify the internals a bit but there is no real difference. It maybe runs a bit cooler.

Edited on by Knuckles-Fajita

NLI Discord:

https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

PCkid

@Knuckles-Fajita : "This "New" Switch is very much like what Sony did several times with the PS4. Modify the internals a bit but there is no real difference. It maybe runs a bit cooler."

Absolutely NOT.

Nintendo took off what's make a Switch, a Switch.

No dock anymore.
No joycons anymore( which is even the logo of the system BTW).
No HD Rumble anymore.
No kick stand anymore (Goodbye Tabletop mode).
No 2 players mode with one system anymore.
No way to play 1-2 Switch/Nintendo Labo/Mario Party etc... anymore.
No readability for small text on screen anymore (from 6.2" to 5.5" screen).

I'm sorry but you cannot compare what Sony did with the PS4 and what BigN did with the Switch.
It's a nonsense.
The soul of the system is gone. They should have come with a standard switch with no dock in the box and that's all.
The dock cost $90, so here we are, $200 for a Switch that keeps all the essense of what a Switch is and not that kind of PSVita 2 that the Switch Lite is.

Edited on by PCkid

PCkid

Knuckles-Fajita

@PCkid No I mean what dataminers have found in the firmware as a "New" Switch, that a recent FCC filing shows is the same as the current original Switch...only using newer components.

What you are referring to is the Switch Lite.

What I am referring to is akin to how Sony took the PS4 and refined it over time even before the slim existed.

NLI Discord:

https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

Tangerine

@DarkRula I appreciate your input Cheers! I'm thinking I'll probably keep it then.

Tangerine

EvilLucario

And Splatoon theme in Tetris 99 unlocked.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

JaxonH

God Eater 3 is great.

It's very much a streamlined, faster paced Monster Hunter, but streamlined only in comparison,- it's still chock full of depth in it's own right. For example, no sharpness meter. But you still have health and stamina, still have skills, 12 weapon types, items to bring with on a hunt, monsters still feed for stamina regeneration when tired, and enter an enraged state when angry. It's very similar but in it's own style and flavor.

And I like that. I've played 600 hrs of MH3U, 400 hrs of MH4U, 400 hrs of MHGen, 400 hrs of MHXX/MHGenUlt, and 150 hrs of World. It's nice to have a change of pace, still enjoy the genre but from a different perspective.

Will be playing DQ Builders 2 also at some point and will report back with thoughts in the near future.

PLAYING
NS: The Witcher 3, Luigis Mansion 3, Super Monkey Ball, DQXIS, Ori and the Blind Forest

MOST EXCITED FOR
NS: Metroid Prime 4, Zelda BotW 2, Xenoblade, Trials of Mana, Outer Worlds, Bayonetta 3
PS4: FFVII Remake
X1: Cyberpunk 2077

Jesus is Lord.

Ralizah

@EvilLucario I'm glad they make the themes reasonably easy to get. It only took half an hour or so of gameplay to unlock it yesterday.

I hope we get a Zelda theme eventually. <3

Ralizah

EvilLucario

@Ralizah Yeah the Splatoon theme felt much easier to get than the GB one. Which is good. Although I've been screwing up a ton because I kept harddropping at places I didn't want to because I wasn't paying attention. Rip.

Grumblevolcano

I'm pretty sure Xenoblade 2 will remain my most played Switch game whenever the Switch successor is released. I haven't even played Torna NG+ and it's ~245 hours ahead of 2nd place Splatoon 2 which gets a lot less fun after next week.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Ralizah

I guarantee that Animal Crossing: New Horizons will dwarf my playtime on any other Switch game after a year or so. I got 400+ hours from New Leaf.

Ralizah

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic