Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 42,581 to 42,600 of 69,989

TuVictus

Ugh I hope not. Any E3 focused on a single game is just no fun

TuVictus

Anti-Matter

While a lot of peoples keep busy to expect what kind of AAA upcoming games or next well known 1st party games for Nintendo Switch, i'm expecting some hidden gems for Switch.

When some peoples don't consider hidden gems, i will digging up those hidden gems and will find extraordinary interest.
I'm sure not many peoples thinking about :
1. Stranded Sails: Explorers of the Cursed Islands
2. Re:Legend
3. Summer in Mara
4. Sikanda
5. Farm Folks
6. Ninjala

Edited on by Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

gcunit

@Anti-Matter Stranded Sails has a great aesthetic, but I'm not too confident the game will actually handle all that well. Looked a bit clunky and unconvincing in some of the announcement trailer I just watched.

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

Magician

Considering that BotW is my least favorite entry in the Zelda series, I have high expectations for its sequel.

Edited on by Magician

Switch Physical Collection - 1,251 games (as of April 24th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

link3710

Honestly, next E3 will probably have BotW2 (assuming it's really farther in development than they let on like everyone thinks), Bayo 3 (enough time's passed that it won't be taking away from Astral Chain to start that campaign), Mario & Luigi or Paper Mario (but if it's Paper Mario, it's not made by IS for better or for worse), Mario Golf (if it's not out by then), a major 3rd party exclusive, and... I'll go with a new 2D Metroid from MercurySteam and a remaster/remake of a classic title, one of which will have been announced earlier in the year.

Speaking of which, has there been any chatter at all on what MercurySteam's been up to since Samus Returns? They release a game every 3 years on the dot typically, so I'd say the chances of us getting something from them at least is pretty high.

link3710

NEStalgia

@Grumblevolcano The single game focus thing is just dreadful. I think they need to understand that most people actually watching E3 are watching all of it, and the videos are archived, there's no actual reason to cover the same game over and over for hours and hours. And with third party pace really picking up, they have too much platform content to cover overall to waste time repeating themselves on a single product. I think that strategy was more advantageous in the WiiU era into early Switch, trying to get platform attention. Now they have a captive audience to sell tons of things to.

NEStalgia

Ralizah

The single game thing only works with something as amazing and hugely anticipated as Breath of the Wild. Had they tried that with anything else, it would have destroyed their E3. Hell, it practically ruined their E3 presentation last year when they spent an inordinately long time on Smash.

This BotW sequel may be as good or better than BotW, but it won't have the same level of anticipation or excitement behind it, so unless Nintendo does something absolutely crazy with it, I don't see it carrying their entire E3 presence.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Ryu_Niiyama

(I like the single game focus...)

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

Magician

link3710 wrote:

Speaking of which, has there been any chatter at all on what MercurySteam's been up to since Samus Returns?

They ported their competitive multiplayer game Spacelords to PS4 earlier this year.

That's the most recent news that I can remember.

Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

Grumblevolcano

If you want to know more info on Empire of Sin that was announced at E3, the next Inside Xbox episode which is on Monday has gameplay.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

link3710

@Grumblevolcano I will forever remember that game as the one that disappointed me when I realized it wasn't Bayonetta.

It could be good though I guess? I'll take a peek at the video sometime next week.

link3710

Magician

Aw yeah, spending the afternoon transferring all my various region accounts and save data for 400+ games from my Switch V1 to my brand spanking new Switch V2 and 400GB micro sd card. Then I have to redownload all my digital purchases and various game updates. Then after all that, consider downloading DCUO, all though I shouldn't...considering my already sizeable backlog.

Life if good.

Monkeido

@Magician Always feels nice setting up a new device, at least for me. ^^

Monkeido

TheFrenchiestFry

.......what's even the point of this pricing model

Nintendo. You stubborn, greedy idiots

The SNES lineup better blow my mind if I have to pay extra to even access that console's library

TheFrenchiestFry

Switch Friend Code: SW-4512-3820-2140 | My Nintendo: French Fry

BougieBeetle

The pricing tier rumors aren't that surprising to me, if you look at Nintendo's history. They always charge as much as they can, because they can.

One Stage at a Time, a podcast examining classic games level by level | https://soundcloud.com/onestageatatime

NintendoByNature

I'm ok with paying more to get more honestly. Of course, id prefer not to. But when push comes to shove and you put two models in front of me..

1) only nes games for $20/yr
2) snes and/other for $25 or $30/year

I'll take option 2 in a heart beat

NintendoByNature

link3710

@BlueBlur101 Well that would suck. So I wouldn't be able to get SNES games for... over another year when my current one expires? I'm not losing on all that time I have stored up.

link3710

rallydefault

I don't understand. You'll complain if you have to pay 5-10 dollars more per year for access to dozens of SNES games (most likely), because you'd rather pay 10-15 bucks a pop PER game if they just put them on the eShop?

I mean...what the heck, people. We don't know pricing, obviously, but I'd bet a golden retriever puppy it won't be over 10 dollars more per year, and I'd also be willing to bet we'd get access to AT LEAST half a dozen SNES games. I don't know.

I guess the flip side is people just expect this stuff for free or as part of the 20 dollar membership because, you know, people don't value the work of others and they think time renders all things worthless.

Edited on by rallydefault

rallydefault

Haruki_NLI

"We dont want games for x price per title anymore. Make it an all encompassing fee"

"Ok"

"We dont want that make it individual!"

Bruh.

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic