Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 42,561 to 42,580 of 69,981

Alex101594

Anyone interested in Super Princess Peach 2?

Alex101594

Ryu_Niiyama

FEW felt like the perfect Nintendo Musou to me. (that and I'd been predicting/begging for it since they announced hyrule warriors) I would love them to keep going with it to give Nintendo a way to quickly build the Musou fanbase (and FE). Although If I could have any pick it would be sequel to pokemon conquest.

Edited on by Ryu_Niiyama

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

link3710

@Alex101594 I'd love a new platformer starring Peach, and I wouldn't mind Perry returning. I do hope they ditch the emotion system though and come up with something new, it kind of fell flat.

link3710

Ralizah

@NEStalgia And is there a limit on how often I can change which Switch is considered the "primary" system?

Because, if not, then, theoretically, I could make, say, a family member's Switch my "primary," so that they could play my games on their account, and then I could play my own games as well on my Switch after logging in?

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Eel

The primary system lets you share digital games across several accounts.

Not sure if the secondary system lets you. Or how does it all work with multiple systems. Only have one switch so I can't really test.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

NEStalgia

@Ralizah I don't believe there's a limit to the number of times you can change your primary, however that's the kind of thing you'd want to really trawl the fine print on the FAQs for before assuming, so you don't end up giving someone else's Switch all your games forever by mistake

@Tsurii You can't play the same games on two systems under the same account at once. But someone can can play the game under their own account on your primary switch regardless of if you're playing it under your account on another switch.

It works "by accident" because the "primary" switch is allowed to contain the authorization to run any of your games without doing the online DRM (otherwise it would be an "Always Online XBone" situation) - so, basically, Nintendo doesn't know who's running the game on your main system while you're playing on another, so long as it isn't you on both. The primary doesn't authenticate each time it's run.

Same setup with X1 and PS4, and works well for me on those platforms because I buy digital games once and both players in my home can play them at the same time. It doesn't work with MMO expansion packs/IAP. I tend to not use it much on Switch, ironically, though, since the physical nature of the console means my own handheld would have to be always online.

NEStalgia

NEStalgia

@StableInvadeel No, on a secondary system only you can play games that aren't owned by the system's linked primary account. I.E., if I hand you my Switch, you can log in and play any games you digitally own and I don't, but I can't play them. But you can play any games that I bought that you didn't because you're playing on the the primary system of my account, which bought them.

NEStalgia

Ralizah

@NEStalgia Thanks for clarifying what was a rather confusing situation for me! <3

Not as simple as just sharing cartridges, but I think it can be made to work.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Anti-Matter

Alex101594 wrote:

Anyone interested in Super Princess Peach 2?

ME !
I have finished Super Princess Peach DS 5 years ago.

Anti-Matter

Therad

NEStalgia wrote:

@StableInvadeel No, on a secondary system only you can play games that aren't owned by the system's linked primary account. I.E., if I hand you my Switch, you can log in and play any games you digitally own and I don't, but I can't play them. But you can play any games that I bought that you didn't because you're playing on the the primary system of my account, which bought them.

Didn't you have to unlink a primary system before making another system the primary system? And wouldn't that mean @ralizah couldn't access their games before the nephew decides to unlink their switch?

Edited on by Therad

Therad

Matthew010

(Off topic from previous comments, but this is important.)

Only 300 days until E3 2020!

Matthew010

DenDen

@Matthew010 yeashhh!!!!

Now playing
Nexomon
Dicey Dungeons
UnderMine
Steamworld Quest

FC - SW 2926-4689-1966

Switch Friend Code: Sw-2926-4689-1966 | My Nintendo: DenDen

Grumblevolcano

@Matthew010 300 days until Nintendo decides that BotW 2 is the only game that exists, 2016 style.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Matthew010

@Grumblevolcano Let's hope not. It should be their main focus, but not their only focus. A lot has changed since 2016!

Matthew010

redd214

Wow forgot about that, remember how upset people were beforehand. "they only have 1 game Nintendo is dooooooommmmed!!!!" lol.

redd214

gcunit

Grumblevolcano wrote:

@Matthew010 300 days until Nintendo decides that BotW 2 is the only game that exists, 2016 style.

BotW2 cannot be what BotW was. It can't have the same wow factor, it can't hope to be received as well, even if it's a 'better' game. As such, I'd be surprised if Nintendo gives it the same level of focus as BotW had.

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

Matthew010

@gcunit Good point. Everyone now is expecting BotW2 to be as good as BotW, so no one is expecting to be blown away as much.

Matthew010

Grumblevolcano

@gcunit Well Smash Ultimate was given a similar amount of time at E3 2018. Nintendo seems to massively focus on 1 game when they don't have many new games incoming.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic