Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 42,421 to 42,440 of 43,737

bestfancharles72

@Grumblevolcano Do you have both a Nintendo Switch and a Wii U? Which Nintendo Switch titles from E3 2019 are you most excited for? I am hyped for Super Smash Maker 2.

bestfancharles72

Switch Friend Code: SW-8016-1421-3828 | 3DS Friend Code: 2938-6688-6641 | My Nintendo: mvowin5477 | Nintendo Network ID: wellspring969

Monkeido

@Grumblevolcano Definitely true and I also find it somewhat annoying. Even more so, since even though I loved BotW, I didn't think it was better than some other Zelda games. Can't wait to play LA again!

Monkeido

Tangerine

For some reason my links awakening gameboy color cartridge is the only 'old' game I still have in my possession. I don't have a gameboy color to play it on though. I remember getting it when it first came out, duty free at an airport before a family holiday to Spain One of my favourite games of all time. I'm really looking forward to the reimagining of it releasing in September. I keep looking on Amazon (UK) for the special edition to preorder. So far they just have the standard edition

Tangerine

Grumblevolcano

Luigi's Mansion 3 has changed to cloud saves supported in the eshop listing.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

JaxonH

@Ralizah
Yes, please. I want to keep it as up-to-date and accurate as possible. I just made the correction you suggested, changed about half a dozen release dates that were incorrect or out of date, and I added another half dozen games I forgot, some of which were Bayonetta 3, Metroid Prime 4, SMTV, Persona 5 Scramble and Zelda BotW 2.

It’s crazy when there’s so many games you leave can leave out some of the most hyped games announced and don’t even notice

@NintendoByNature
I’m gonna go out on a limb and say October. Not only would it be fitting for the type of game it is, October is the one month where Nintendo doesn’t have anything solid penciled in. I can’t imagine they’d squeeze it in for any other month, save perhaps December. But that just seems odd and in my opinion would only happen if they needed the extra couple months to finish development, or had some bigger game slated for October.

Edited on by JaxonH

PLAYING
NS: Fire Emblem Three Houses, Dragon Quest Builders 2, Marvel Ultimate Alliance
Vita: Super Monkey Ball: Banana Splitz

Jesus is Lord.

CLICK HERE For My Switch Collection

Ralizah

@JaxonH Be sure to add Senran Kagura: Peach Ball for July 9th.

But yeah, there's so many games (GOOD games!) releasing for the Switch that it's incredibly difficult to keep them straight. SMT V is my most anticipated game, but yeah, even I don't really notice its absence because there's such a sea of software.

If this is the sort of support I can expect for Nintendo systems from here on out, I don't think I'll need to worry about buying any more gaming hardware. It won't get everything, but it gets a lot of things, and probably most of the games that I actually want to play.

Edited on by Ralizah

Ralizah

rallydefault

Yea, people just wanting another BotW game is frustrating. I really hope they make real themed dungeons this time. Maybe reintroduce very light item necessity again. BotW was good for what it was, but please stop making everything Ubisoft or Bethesda-style "open world." Zelda games have always had open maps - BotW could have been a third the size and still been big.

Edited on by rallydefault

rallydefault

Arbor

@rallydefault agreed. my one complaint about botw was the simple and boring dungeons. i didn’t really notice it until i went and played through OoT 3d after botw, and then i thought to myself “wait...the divine beasts were supposed to be dungeons??”

Arbor

NintendoByNature

@JaxonH im thinking October but I'm just surprised they haven't come out and said it ya know

NintendoByNature

JaxonH

@Ralizah
Right. You’ll always be missing something unless you literally own every single console and platform on the market (including Apple’s new platform that’s getting a Sakaguchi exclusive, for example).

But there’s only so much time to play video games, and if Switch can continue to offer knockout exclusives up the wazoo, like really high quality exclusives such as we see this year and the previous 2 years, on top of a choice selection of some of the finest 3rd party titles, I really don’t think I’m going to use another console again (unless it’s Monster Hunter- I go where MH goes).

I like to fantasize about playing certain 3rd party titles on both Switch and a power console (like DOOM Eternal, for example) so I can enjoy the nice graphics. But I just can’t bring myself to buy the game on X1X when it doesn’t offer gyro. So I started thinking maybe I just need to convert over to PC so I can use the gyro STEAM offers. Drop 1500 bucks and get something top-of-the-line, then just upgrade it every 8 years treating it like a console. But truth is I probably wouldn’t even play that. Switch has me covered.

Still. I feel like I at least need one power console going into the next generation, be it PS5, Xbox 4 or PC. Just in case the occasional masterpiece drops that doesn’t come to Nintendo that I really want to play. I’m just not sure which one to get yet. I guess we’ll need more details first but, I’m really struggling to convince myself to buy anything other than a PC, though PS5 would probably make a lot of sense just given how many good exclusives they get. I guess we’ll just have to see how it goes

PLAYING
NS: Fire Emblem Three Houses, Dragon Quest Builders 2, Marvel Ultimate Alliance
Vita: Super Monkey Ball: Banana Splitz

Jesus is Lord.

CLICK HERE For My Switch Collection

Luna_110

I'm glad we're getting Link's Awakening. Breath of the Wild is a great game, but I do like the style of classic Zelda better, and I hope we keep getting some game with it on the future (even if they're remakes).

I have a chronic lack of time, for everything.

Now playing: Okami HD, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8536-9884-6679 | 3DS Friend Code: 0877-2091-1186 | Nintendo Network ID: Luna_cs

iKhan

I'm surprised people criticize BOTW's dungeons so much. IMO they are some of the best dungeons in the series from a puzzle perspective. They take the idea of manipulating the physical structure of the dungeon to solve it, and go all out with it.

My only problem is their shorter length, and the lack of the great theming that Twilight Princess really did extraordinarily well. TP's dungeons always felt like they belonged in the world as something other than a dungeon.

@rallydefault
I think people are really asking is for games to leverage exploration more. That doesn't necessitate a game being completely open world. The first generation of Pokemon had a surprisingly good sense of exploration and was all corridors. Though speaking of Pokemon, a lot of people want that game to have a BOTW treatment because we feel it really fits the franchise well. And I agree with them, I think the ability to collect monsters and go on an adventure fits really well in an open world game.

Currently Playing: Pokemon Crystal, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Super Smash Bros: Ultimate, Daemon X Machina Prototype Missions

bestfancharles72

Which games from this year's E3 are we most excited for? I am most hyped for Pokemon Sword and Pokemon Shield.

bestfancharles72

Switch Friend Code: SW-8016-1421-3828 | 3DS Friend Code: 2938-6688-6641 | My Nintendo: mvowin5477 | Nintendo Network ID: wellspring969

Anti-Matter

@bestfancharles72
Well, so far my highest hype on Dragon Quest Builders 2 Switch & PS4 (96 from 100).

My Top 6 games :
1. Dance Dance Revolution series (100)
2. Dragon Quest Builders 2 PS4/Switch (95)
3. The Sims 4 PS4 + All contents (93)
4. Portal Knights PS4 (90)
5. Final Fantasy VIII PS1 (90)
6. Animal Crossing New Leaf: Welcome Amiibo 3DS (89)

Switch Friend Code: SW-8364-7166-5608 | 3DS Friend Code: 2638-4872-0879 | Nintendo Network ID: TAGunderground

Luna_110

That's a hard question....
But I do think I'm most excited for Astral Chain.

I have a chronic lack of time, for everything.

Now playing: Okami HD, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8536-9884-6679 | 3DS Friend Code: 0877-2091-1186 | Nintendo Network ID: Luna_cs

bestfancharles72

@Anti-Matter Do you have a Wii U and a Nintendo Switch?
Add me on the Wii U.
My highest hype for me is Pokemon Sword and Pokemon Shield.

bestfancharles72

Anti-Matter

@bestfancharles72
I have BOTH wii U and Switch, but i rarely use my Wii U recently.

My Top 6 games :
1. Dance Dance Revolution series (100)
2. Dragon Quest Builders 2 PS4/Switch (95)
3. The Sims 4 PS4 + All contents (93)
4. Portal Knights PS4 (90)
5. Final Fantasy VIII PS1 (90)
6. Animal Crossing New Leaf: Welcome Amiibo 3DS (89)

Switch Friend Code: SW-8364-7166-5608 | 3DS Friend Code: 2638-4872-0879 | Nintendo Network ID: TAGunderground

HobbitGamer

Probably gonna be Luigi’s Mansion for me. That co-op feature sells it day one for me.

#TeamPineapple
#MeatAndGreet

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic