Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 41,761 to 41,780 of 69,983

Haruki_NLI

@WebHead It's another thing that people when reviewing the system when it launches deemed as "unnecessary".

So I guess Nintendo listened?

@JaxonH Carnaga would need to be outside of the Expansion Pass but it's likely. This game is going way more obscure than that.

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

JaxonH

Does everyone know what time it is?

7 days to Fire Emblem... that's what time it is 😆

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

EvilLucario

@JaxonH My wallet has already been cracked way open. I'm ready.

Metroid, Xenoblade, EarthBound shill

I run a YouTube/Twitch channel for fun. Check me out if you want to!

Please let me know before you send me a FC request, thanks.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

Ralizah

My copy is preloaded and ready for the 26th. I love everything I've heard about it.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

BruceCM

Just paid for my physical pre-order....

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

Ryu_Niiyama

Gotta pick up the expansion pass today but otherwise I'm ready!

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

rallydefault

@BruceCM
Same! Was in Gamestop yesterday. Traded in an extra copy of Odyssey (got 40 bucks for it, wow) Amazon mistakenly sent me when the game came out lol

Bought God of War for PS4 and put the other 10 bucks toward Fire Emblem. Love the God of War series but never got around to playing the latest one. I like it, but... it's kinda just another modern game, to be honest. More like an interactive movie interspersed with small fighting arenas and boss battles. Relies mostly on the story to pull you in. Lots of cursing. Upgrade your gear. The usual. The ax is cool, for sure.

rallydefault

BruceCM

Eh, I tried God of War on my Vita & can't say I got on very well with it, @rallydefault .... There's other games not really very different that I'd rather play, for various reasons

SW-4357-9287-0699

rallydefault

@BruceCM
Yea, gotta admit, I was super stoked for it, actually. The God of War games have always been some of my favorites, and this one got perfect scores from a bunch of different reviews. So I went into it really ready to love it, and it's turned out to be...well, just like any other modern game, really. More about the story and cinematic camera than the gameplay.

I'm not a fan of the flow of the combat this time. The upgrade system is like every other upgrade system mandatory in games for like the last decade. It's just... no soul I guess , sadly.

rallydefault

EvilLucario

Honestly Dark Souls feels much less clunky than God of War 2018 imo. Even Dark Souls II with its jank feels better.

Metroid, Xenoblade, EarthBound shill

I run a YouTube/Twitch channel for fun. Check me out if you want to!

Please let me know before you send me a FC request, thanks.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

NintendoByNature

Sorry if it's been asked about before. Will we be able to send in our original switch units to have the better batteries installed? Obviously im sure there's a cost associated with that but has Nintendo indicated it can done. I wouldn't mind sending mine in to get a better battery for a few bucks.

NintendoByNature

BruceCM

Nothing has been said about that, @NintendoByNature .... Since it's partially, if not mostly, due to the new chip in upcoming ones, though, I think that'd end up costing too much to be worth it

SW-4357-9287-0699

Ralizah

@NintendoByNature The refreshed Switch's tech is more power-efficient, to my understanding. It's not a matter of just replacing the battery.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

JaxonH

Ya, battery hasn’t been changed.

They’re just upgrading their manufacturing process to use a 16nm chip instead of 20nm, and that smaller size means less joules required to execute instructions as the distance between resistors is smaller, and it’s such an efficiency gain it nearly doubled the battery life. Truly amazing, the advances in mobile technology.

Battery capacity may have hit a hard limit, but there are other ways to achieve longer battery life.

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Ryu_Niiyama

I gotta say again the switch has really changed how I view gaming (and I love gaming) it is the first system that took a form factor to me which was a necessary evil (handheld gaming) and made it fun/accessible. I am not going to get any studying done this weekend. I'm such a bad person. At least I have to work FE3H weekend.

EDIT: DQXIS has gone live in Japan. IT'S COUNTDOWN TIME!!!! (still need to snag a preorder of the system, amazon had a restock but I missed it)

Edited on by Ryu_Niiyama

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

redd214

@NintendoByNature depending on the condition of your switch you could easily sell it for around $250ish. Would only cost you $50 to upgrade (excluding tax of course). That's what I'm going to end up doing with one of ours. Seems like a worthy upgrade for 50 bucks + get a brand new warranty just in case!

redd214

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic