Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 41,741 to 41,760 of 69,964

FragRed

Does anyone know when the reviews for Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3 are supposed to drop? I’m surprised it hasn’t already happened considering the game comes out tomorrow.

NEW WEBSITE LAUNCHED! Regular opinion articles, retro game reviews and impression pieces on new games! ENGAGE VG: EngageVG.com

HobbitGamer

@Therad I’ve also tried turning down the gyro sensitivity in game options, to no avail. You’re likely right in my case. Oddly enough, I like using gyro if I’m playing BotW on VR. I think it’s a mindset disconnect for me, because I recall having some frustration aiming in the Metroid Prime Trilogy, as well. If I move my hand, I want to move my head, and that means my eyes aren’t looking ahead. I dunno

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

NachoKingP

With this new Switch Lite console, and the new upgraded Switch Prime with better battery life, what does this mean for the millions of us that already own a Switch? Can we upgrade to a new console and move over our save games if we have Nintendo Online? Will we be able to/allowed to use both our original console and the new one with the same account (not necessarily at the same time, but play a game on one and then move to the other)? The Switch Lite especially caters to that, with the smaller, more portable version being good for things like plane trips or commutes, while the larger one being better for playing around the house or on TV.

I feel like Nintendo wants people who already bought a Switch to buy a new one, but have given us very little information as to how it would affect current owners.

Edited on by NachoKingP

NachoKingP

link3710

Well, now that we know for certain Luigi's Mansion 3 is going to be a 2019 title and Town remains unlikely at best, here's my best guess at Nintendo's 2020 publishing schedule:

January: Nada
February: The Wonderful 101, some new eshop IP
March: Animal Crossing New Horizons
April: LABO, New Dillon's
May: new Mario Golf
June: Town (also Shin Megami Tensei V as an exclusive not published by them)
July: New Rhythm Heaven
August: Bayonetta 3
September: Kirby spinoff (multiplayer),
October: New Pokemon Mystery Dungeon
November: BotW 2
December: Nada

Let's see how wrong this turns out to be.

link3710

gcunit

@FragRed I read on another site that the MUA3 review embargo lifts on Friday...

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

FragRed

@gcunit Yikes, for a game funded and published by Nintendo, that comes across as worrying. I almost fear they don’t have confidence in the game.

NEW WEBSITE LAUNCHED! Regular opinion articles, retro game reviews and impression pieces on new games! ENGAGE VG: EngageVG.com

redd214

I think we're past the point of being worried just because a game doesn't have reviews many days in advance. Bethesda comes to mind especially but there are other examples recently of games not getting reviews out until launch day and the games being fine/great.

Personally not expecting a genre changer just a solid 7 or 8 that's fun to play thru in coop. Looking forward to picking it up tomorrow!

redd214

Ryu_Niiyama

TOMORROW IS MARVEL, BABY!
(I'm a little excited, plus as a FGC gamer the marvel vs capcom meme never gets old to me)

Edited on by Ryu_Niiyama

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

Grumblevolcano

My guess is:

December 2019 - Pikmin 3
January - Metroid Battle Royale (NSO exclusive)
February - Wonderful 101
March - Animal Crossing New Horizons
April - Town, Wind Waker HD
May - Super Mario 3D World
June - Switch Sports Ultimate (contains all content from Wii Sports, Wii Sports Resort and even more)
July - Switch exclusive Monster Hunter
August - Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE
September - Tropical Freeze sequel by Retro
October - Bayonetta 3
November - Let's Go Johto or Ultra Sword/Ultra Shield (leaning towards former)
December 2020 - Xenoblade Chronicles X

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Haruki_NLI

@Grumblevolcano

So in all seriousness...

Give me those December, May, October and December 2020 games.

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

TuVictus

I'm going to be replaying through Xenoblade X soon, since I'm guessing a Switch version is still a ways off. Can't wait until they announce it. And after playing Xenoblade with HD textures and resolution, I really feel like Nintendo should go ahead and greenlight an official HD remaster, cuz that game really benefits from the increased clarity

TuVictus

1UP_MARIO

The Wii u after 2 years in the market did release the Wii games digitally (Mario Galaxy, pikmin) but they were £17.99 where as the switch ports of those will be full price im sure.

We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.

JaxonH

Gyro is something meant to be used for fine tuning aim only, not as a substitute for dual analog.

You still use dual analog like you normally would, making wide turns with the right analog, but as soon as you get in the vicinity of your target, instead of nudging the analog to fine tune, you simply let a slight wrist tilt do the fine tuning for you, as aiming with gyro comes natural.

Having the correct sensitivity is important. You don't want oversensitivity which makes it jitter and is hard to aim with, but you dont want undersensitivity either, where wide motions are needed. There's a sweet spot in between.

And ya, you basically use analog for 90% of your aim, then fine tune with gyro for the final 10%. Its important to practice for a bit with gyro, aiming at random objects in the background, and adjust sensitivity until it's just right. Practice swift movements to aim at diagonals, and compare with those same movements using only analog and you'll see a drastic improvement in response time.

Split joycon is amazing for gyro because it's so easy to aim with gyro with one hand, but it works with pro controller or grip also, just need slightly higher sensitivity. And handheld with gyro is the best. Again, slightly higher sensitivity needed. Dont want to have to tilt at 30-40 degree angles to aim. 10 degree tilt is about right, so shoot for that with your sensitivity

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

redd214

@gcunit Embargo lifts about 4 hours from this post 7PM EST.

redd214

GrailUK

Erm, what happened with the unofficial Nintendo Direct from Brazil? It got a mention on numerous sites then nothing. Pacified.

I never drive faster than I can see. Besides, it's all in the reflexes.

Switch FC: SW-0287-5760-4611

gcunit

@redd214 That's Friday where I come from.

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

WebHead

So I just realized Switch Lite does not have autobrightness apparently. You have to set it manually. Man i didn't know an ambient light sensor costed so much lol.

WebHead

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3217-6922 | Nintendo Network ID: JTPrime

IceClimbers

At the Comic-Con panel for MUA3, Loki was confirmed playable, Cyclops and Collossus will be added via free update on 8/30, and the Marvel Knights DLC pack will add Blade, Moon Knight, Punisher, and Morbius.

Edited on by IceClimbers

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

JaxonH

Cyclops, Collosus and Punisher all grade A picks.

What are the chances of Carnage? Highly doubtful?

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic