Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 41,621 to 41,640 of 43,650

Magician

RR529 wrote:

One of those Sword Art Online RPGs has appeared in the coming soon section of the US eShop. Anyone know if the games are decent?

Looking at the metacritic for the PS4 release they're average action/rpg affairs. It looks like Ys VIII, Dragon's Dogma, Diablo III, MHGU, and Dark Souls are a cut above the SAO games.
https://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-4/sword-art-onlin...

Edited on by Magician

Switch Physical Collection - 366 games (as of July 18th, 2019)
Currently playing: Dragon Quest Builders 2 (Switch) Mary Skelter (PS Vita) Borderlands The Pre-sequel (PS4)
Favorite Quote: "Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." -Arthur C. Clarke

RR529

@Magician, looks about a 7 critically (and 7.5 from players), so still pretty good then.

While they are RPGs, games like Dark Souls, Monster Hunter, & Diablo are completely different beasts in terms of vibe & style, so I'd expect it to get more competition from the likes of the Xenoblades, Final Fantasies, Shining Resonance Refrain, and (as you said) YS VIII, which is still quite a hill to climb.

Currently Playing:
Switch - NSMBU Deluxe
PS4 - Moss

IceClimbers

Anyone else get access to the closed beta for Mario Kart Tour? It's actually pretty good. Not as good as the actual thing on Switch naturally, but good. Will definitely be one of their better mobile releases so long as the IAPs in the full version aren't too invasive.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

Ralizah

https://www.siliconera.com/2019/05/22/yu-no-nintendo-switch-p...

Retail release for YU-NO: A Girl Who Chants Love at the Bound of This World in October. It's kinda funny that the PS4 version is the one that gets the saucy poster, but an extra downloadable game is a better bonus anyway.

Apparently one of the CGs is censored in both the Switch and PS4 versions.

Edited on by Ralizah

Ralizah

NintendoByNature

@Ralizah unrelated but i played a few stages of bloodlines and im loving it so far. Have you fired it up yet?

NintendoByNature

Ralizah

@NintendoByNature I haven't actually purchased the collection yet (still trying to work through my existing library completely before adding to it). But I am quite familiar with Bloodlines, being a huge fan of the Genesis and its library. Glad you're enjoying it!

I'll probably end up getting the collection anyway for Kid Dracula, but I'm still mulling over getting a Genesis Mini, which will include Bloodlines as one of its epic 40 games selection.

Ralizah

NintendoByNature

@Ralizah ah gotcha. I think it's worth 20. And yea I'm kinda mulling over the genesis mini too. Problem is I'm running out of space. Got the nes and snes classic, a Wii a Wii u a switch and a gamecube all hooked up to two tvs.. and an n64 in another room. So yea lol well see how I feel when it launches

NintendoByNature

Ralizah

@NintendoByNature Man, those are some busy TVs. For me, the concern is about the hardware and emulation quality. While it seems obvious that Sega is being more careful with this retro console, they don't have a fantastic record on that front, and I want confirmation that the emulation is high-quality before buying. I also hope they don't have short cords like the controllers for the Nintendo retro systems.

One of my SDTVs has a PS2 and GameCube at the ready. The HDTV has a Wii U, Switch, PS4, and Xbox 360 connected to it. And, of course, I have a PC that's more capable than my PS4 (although will definitely be less capable than the eventual next-gen consoles). It's a comfy set-up, and if you include my handhelds, I have access to pretty much everything I want in terms of gaming.

Edited on by Ralizah

Ralizah

NintendoByNature

@Ralizah yep I feel the pain lol. Got rid of my ps4 recently which was hooked up to one of the tv's too so it was even more chaotic. As for the genesis mini I think it's a safe bet this go round. I got that AT games one a while back and what hot garbage that was. Hopefully a lesson was learned

NintendoByNature

Ryu_Niiyama

Ugh the tv/cable management is such a pain. By the time I move I'll have to have 3 set up. 1 CRT, 1 LCD (that has legacy ports) and one 4k or 8k depending on how much I buy into the hype.

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

HobbitGamer

I got sick of all the cords and multiple TVs long ago. Now I just have a Switch. But I live vicariously through the rest of you 😂

Edited on by HobbitGamer

#TeamPineapple
#MeatAndGreet

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

1UP_MARIO

I still have the tube tv for the n64 but I don’t know how long for. Wife wants me to throw it away. It’s hiding in a wardrobe.

We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5229-5058-9308

RedderRugfish

I use an old TV for my older consoles. I need to get one of those AV switcher boxes, because it's a pain switching cords.

NES, N64, PS1, PS2, Dreamcast, Xbox, Gamecube, Wii. All sharing 3 TV inputs.

Edited on by RedderRugfish

Mario Maker 2: JN2-5GV-VTF
Latest Level: The Mario Repair Shop 361-D5D-1CG

Anti-Matter

My 32 inch White SHARP Aquos TV invaded by Nintendo Switch, Wii, Wii U, PS2 Slim and PS4 Slim.
I need to change their Component / HDMI cables everytime i play my consoles that depend on my mood.

My Top 6 games :
1. Dance Dance Revolution series (100)
2. Dragon Quest Builders 2 PS4/Switch (95)
3. The Sims 4 PS4 + All contents (93)
4. Portal Knights PS4 (90)
5. Final Fantasy VIII PS1 (90)
6. Animal Crossing New Leaf: Welcome Amiibo 3DS (89)

Switch Friend Code: SW-8364-7166-5608 | 3DS Friend Code: 2638-4872-0879 | Nintendo Network ID: TAGunderground

Diogenes

Hey guys,

First time poster. In a bit of a pickle, hoping some long time Switch players can give me some advice.

Most of you are probably well informed of the rumours about the new Switch models that are supposedly coming this year. Nintendo have denied any sort of hardware announcement at E3. Which brings me to my issue -

Do I buy a Switch now or continue to hold off until Nintendo announces their rumoured refreshes? I've been waiting since Feb/Mar for something concrete but still nothing has been confirmed so unsure how much longer I'm going to have to be waiting.

Have a GB Pocket, DS Lite and a 3DS so I enjoy my Nintendo consoles very much. Replaying ChronoTrigger on my DS.

Diogenes

MsJubilee

@Diogenes As of right now there's only rumors with no concrete evidence to back them up and Nintendo isn't saying anything about the subject. Take that as you will, BUT if you still have doubts i would until E3 or until the upcoming months are over. Knowing Nintendo unpredictability they can announce it out of nowhere or in a later direct.

I've died,there is no more me.

Finished reading God's Left Hand, Devil's Right Hand. Started on Grappler Baki.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

Diogenes

Thank you @MsJubilee

If Nintendo announced new hardware tomorrow but it was still 4-5 months away from hitting shelves, I'd still buy a Switch before then. Waiting to see what happens between now and E3 is a good suggestion.

I'm sure we would have seen leaks before now if stores were anywhere near close to stocking new consoles.

Diogenes

IceClimbers

@Ralizah Pretty sure I read somewhere that M2 is doing the emulation for the Genesis Mini so the quality should be good.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

Galarian_Lassie

God Eater 3 is up for predownload on the Japanese EShop. Download size is 11.5 GB.

Edited on by Galarian_Lassie

Where am I going! Nowhere, unless if I say otherwise!

Knuckles-Fajita

@Diogenes I wouldn't sat wait until E3 since Nintendo bas already said they are only talking software there.

Edited on by Knuckles-Fajita

NLI Discord:

https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic