Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 41,601 to 41,620 of 42,717

NEStalgia

@Ralizah Truthfully I don't care about the "poor support people in India". The company shouldn't be fielding their customer service to a country where most people have extremely minimal grasp to the point of being barely functional in the language they make you "press 1" to reach for dealing with complex issues. If I wanted to talk to people that speak some incomprehensible form of English I'd pick a company in Scotland or Wales.

NEStalgia

toiletduck

Morpheel wrote:

I too hate it when developers assume I want to play their game in spanish just because my system is set to spanish, and then don't give me the option to change it in-game.

This goes for Nintendo 1st parties too unfortunately... I play all my games in English, hence the system's language setting, but occasionally I want to play MK8 or Mario Party in Dutch when my cousins visit. I always forget to reboot to Dutch...

toiletduck

klingki

Therad wrote:

gcunit wrote:

I love it when chat gets meta, keep it up.

Nintendo Life is like a box of loot, you never know what you are going to get.

Does that mean we're getting banned in Belgium?

klingki

Ralizah

I'm so darn excited to finally be able to play the new Fire Emblem game. I'm sure Mario Maker will be great for a lot of people, but I won't be getting it right away. And, as great as Smash Ultimate is, it's still a multiplayer game at heart, and it doesn't provide me the same sort of meaty experience that a Nintendo first-party title oriented around single-player does. Three Houses will be the first retail Nintendo exclusive since Xenoblade 2 that will really be a fulfilling experience for me (hopefully).

@NEStalgia I don't disagree, but the people being exploited by these multinational corporations aren't the ones who I want to vent my frustrations on, frankly. Besides, getting angry and unpleasant, as stated, isn't usually the best way to go about dealing with a problem.

Therad wrote:

And I would argue that in todays world most labour is mostly fictional as well.

Interesting point. As automation continues and our society becomes more and more information-based, it seems like our conception of what constitutes work is going to change radically. It already is on the upper ends of the social spectrum, but eventually, with trends being the way they are, the less privileged and skilled portions of the labor force are going to be forced to adapt to massive changes as well.

Edited on by Ralizah

Ralizah

NEStalgia

@Ralizah Perhaps, but unfortunately, you can't complain meaningfully to anyone that can care, so ultimately making the system fully collapse and breakdown through lack of function is really all that can be done. For now I don't get angry and unpleasant, but over time the frustration mounts and I presume I likely will eventually. The more you're subjected to the madhouse, the less time it takes before you go mad yourself. Nothing in this current world is a reality, much like @Therad s point. It's all like a giant psych evaluation more than an actual life. Eventually you break. Everyone does.

As for the point on labor. I keep saying. Most of the human race is going to become disposable. And it will indeed be disposed of, one way or another.

NEStalgia

Ralizah

@NEStalgia

Anyway, you can't really stop outsourcing, but you can design legislation that incentivizes companies not to engage in behavior like that. Which might happen if we ever get anyone who actually cares about the working class in the oval office.

Edited on by Ralizah

Ralizah

NEStalgia

@Ralizah All political seats are a privilege of the corporations that pay for them, and the corporations are little more than fronts for banking/financial/investment groups now, which, to be fair, even Jefferson saw coming and warned about...but nobody listened to his warnings then or now. It's not a new-fangled problem. The mass population reduction is a lot more likely than such legislation. A large population of entirely redundant, useless humans will find plenty of ways to thin the herd. It's happened before.

NEStalgia

HobbitGamer

NEStalgia wrote:

A large population of entirely redundant, useless humans will find plenty of ways to thin the herd. It's happened before.

Hooked on Bubonic Phonics worked for me.

#TeamPineapple
#MeatAndGreet

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

JaxonH

Can I just fanboy out for a minute on what a fabulous release day today was.

I just tried Resident Evil 4, and the game is legit. It looks so crisp on the handheld screen, and while the absence of motion will be missed I have to admit that by using the analogues the natural shake of the cursor becomes a gameplay mechanic that is not present with motion, and it really makes it more skill-based and tense. Excellent release and I’m very satisfied

Then I just got done trying Team Sonic Racing. Wow. This is how it’s done. This is a quality Switch release. This is how you do a racing game. It’s been so long since I’ve played a quality racer that’s not Mario Kart. Probably since Transformed on the U. It feels so good getting back into some Sonic Racing.

And then we have Assassin’s Creed. I’m still downloading the DLC (which is free on the eShop, be sure to grab it, along with optional language packs for anyone who speaks French or Spanish or whatever other language you need). So I haven’t played it yet but I’m excited to after watching a ton of footage on the Switch version of the game.

Of course, RE 0 and 1 also releasesd, but those are just going to have to take a backseat until later because my hands are full.

Today... was a good day.

Untitled

Edited on by JaxonH

NOW PLAYING
NS: Final Fantasy XII, Final Fantasy X, Team Sonic Racing, Assassin’s Creed 3, Darksiders
PS4 / PSVR / Vita / X1 / PC / Rift / GPDwin2 / Wii U / 3DS: [nothing]

Jesus is Lord.

My Nintendo: JaxonH

RedderRugfish

NEStalgia wrote:

A large population of entirely redundant, useless humans will find plenty of ways to thin the herd. It's happened before.

Anyone up for the Tide Pod challenge?

Still waiting for Atlus to make Snowboard Kids 3

NintendoByNature

I got a lot to play too. And I didn't even grab re4, sonic racing or ac3( I know ragfish Hates when people say ac or mk) 😂, oh well lol.. point is i have re origins and castlevania collection that I'm working my way thru. And loving all of it. Going to play re0 first.

NintendoByNature

RR529

I'm more of a one game (per system) at a time person myself, so it's just FFX HD on Switch & Tales of Zestria on PS4 for me at the time being.

Though I totally want to get to the RE games, Darksiders Warmastered, Katamari Damacy Rerolled, and some others, plus the deluge of exclusives getting ready to hit.

Edited on by RR529

Currently Playing:
Switch - NSMBU Deluxe
PS4 - Moss

Buizel

Spent the evening with Team Sonic Racing and...I'm pretty disappointed, to be honest. And I think this is the last time I'm getting a Sonic game on day 1 (after this and the mediocrity of Sonic Forces).

It just seems to add nothing new and compelling to the table. If anything, it's worse in many ways than the previous Sonic racer - it somehow looks and feels worse, and so far they don't seem to be making the most of the Sonic-only theme (it feels like it's suffered by not including other SEGA IP - this is coming from a Sonic fan of 20 years who knows that they have a lot of base material to work from).

I'm still willing to give it a try, but a lot of me still wishes they just ported All-Stars Transformed.

Edited on by Buizel

Buizel

JaxonH

I don’t think Team Sonic Racing quite reaches the highs of Transformed, at least from initial impressions, but we’re talking about barely reaching the height of the Eiffel Tower here. Transformed was so good that simply “not being quite as good as Transformed” isn’t really saying much. Transformed was the finest kart racing game of all time, save perhaps Mario Kart 8 Deluxe. So being the second-best is still a phenomenal game.

And I’m not entirely convinced it’s not as good as Transformed just yet, tbh. It’s dang good, I just don’t like the lack of dynamic tracks as much and the fact you don’t transform. But the team racing aspect kind of makes up for it because it’s an incredibly fun mechanic- something that doesn’t sound that good on paper but in practice it works beautifully. And the game definitely runs better than Transformed did. This baby is flawless, at least on Switch (saw the 20fps swings on other platforms, yet somehow is rocksolid on Switch).

And I would argue that the team mechanic is definitely something new and compelling. It changes the rules of the game and the objectives not to mention new gameplay mechanics with the slingshot behind their tire tracks. You can swap items and send things to your teammates who are losing and you can request items from your teammates to get exclusive wisps you couldn’t otherwise get from an item box... that’s all new and compelling stuff.

I’ll never bash Transformed. I would certainly love a port of that game. I love ports of great games. Bring it on- the more the merrier. But I wouldn’t rather have it than this, not only because of the fact I already played that game on two different platforms and I haven’t yet played this game, but I think this one’s in the ballpark of being just as good and in the final analysis may end up better.

Edited on by JaxonH

NOW PLAYING
NS: Final Fantasy XII, Final Fantasy X, Team Sonic Racing, Assassin’s Creed 3, Darksiders
PS4 / PSVR / Vita / X1 / PC / Rift / GPDwin2 / Wii U / 3DS: [nothing]

Jesus is Lord.

My Nintendo: JaxonH

Grumblevolcano

So far I'd rank them: Transformed > Team Sonic Racing > Sonic & SEGA All Stars Racing

Transformed gets in the lead because of the multiple SEGA IPs being used rather than just Sonic and the transforming mechanic. Team Sonic Racing's story mode is fantastic and the team mechanic is fun but runs into the same problem as the first Sumo Digital game regarding proportion of tracks based on Sonic Heroes vs. the rest of the Sonic franchise. That said, as they brought over 8/10 tracks from that first game, it would've nice to have had the other 2 as well (Ocean Ruin, Egg Hangar).

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

NintendoByNature

Nintendo can have all of my money when they resurrect diddy kong racing. That was always my personal racer aside from need for speed underground on gc

NintendoByNature

Galarian_Lassie

The Nintendo Switch was the highest selling console in NA in April
https://nintendoeverything.com/april-2019-npd-switch-was-agai...
Top 10 Best Selling Switch Releases in April 2019
1. Mortal Kombat 11
2.Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
3. Yoshi's Crafted World
4. Mario Kart 8 DX
5. New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe
6. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
7. Super Mario Party
8. Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD Remastered
9. Super Mario Odyssey
10. Labo Toy-Con 04 VR Kit
https://nintendoeverything.com/april-2019-npd-best-selling-ga...

Edited on by Galarian_Lassie

Where am I going! Nowhere, unless if I say otherwise!

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic