Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 41,601 to 41,620 of 69,981

Haruki_NLI

@Magician Even in Nintendo Directs when Nintendo highlights the developer/publisher of a given game...it says Nintendo.

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

NEStalgia

@Flipinout2 Buying parts piecemeal is always more expensive than buying things in a bundled whole.

NEStalgia

Ryu_Niiyama

Anybody getting Marvel? It's on my list but I think I'll get it physical so I'll wait until next month. I think it will come in before I leave for my Taiko Conference.

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

JaxonH

@Ryu_Niiyama

Definitely getting Marvel, but it’s gonna be One of those games where I play most when my brother is over. Right now there’s some fierce competition on Switch. Dragon Quest Builders 2 is waaaay better than I was expecting, and Mario Maker 2 is still hot, and Fire Emblem around the corner. Wolfenstein Youngblood and God Eater 3 in the mix as well.

So ya, getting it, but not priority. Priority remains DQ Builders 2 until Fire Emblem, then Fire Emblem until Astral Chain, Astral Chain until Ni No Kuni / Dragon Quest XI S / Zelda Link’s Awakening, with some Spyro and Daemon X tossed in the middle.

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Toy_Link

From a US Gamer interview with Nihoh Falcon president, Toshiro Kondo,
“The Switch has been a big platform in the past few years now. Are there any plans to bring other Falcom games to the platform at all, following Ys 8's release last year?

Switch is an incredible platform we like, but the truth is that we don't have the knowhow to really develop for Switch. Plus we're, fairly convinced that our main user base is actually located on the PlayStation platform. That said, you know, thanks to working with Nippon Ichi Software in Japan and then NIS America over here, we were able to bring one of our games to Switch and obviously we want to grow the brands as much as we can and put it out as much as we can. So in the future, if we have the opportunity to have our games ported by other other companies to Nintendo Switch, it's something we would definitely be happy to pursue.

And as a gamer myself, as an aside, I personally love the Switch. In Japan when this question comes up, it always, we get this weird thing where it's like "Falcom doesn't want to work on Switch," or "Falcom doesn't like Switch," or something. And that's not... The plain and simple truth of it all is that we just don't have the knowhow and the ability to be able to work on Switch games right now.”

Legal threats that have gone nowhere: 1

Buizel

So I've been keeping a record of every game I've beaten over the past 3 years, and thought it would be interesting to see what platforms these games have been on.

Untitled

This being in chronological order, I think it's become very clear that the Switch has taken over most of my gaming, and besides Switch, I mostly only manage to complete handheld games.

At least 2'8".

Ryu_Niiyama

Galarian_Lassie wrote:

“The Switch has been a big platform in the past few years now. Are there any plans to bring other Falcom games to the platform at all, following Ys 8's release last year?

Switch is an incredible platform we like, but the truth is that we don't have the knowhow to really develop for Switch. Plus we're, fairly convinced that our main user base is actually located on the PlayStation platform. That said, you know, thanks to working with Nippon Ichi Software in Japan and then NIS America over here, we were able to bring one of our games to Switch and obviously we want to grow the brands as much as we can and put it out as much as we can. So in the future, if we have the opportunity to have our games ported by other other companies to Nintendo Switch, it's something we would definitely be happy to pursue.

And as a gamer myself, as an aside, I personally love the Switch. In Japan when this question comes up, it always, we get this weird thing where it's like "Falcom doesn't want to work on Switch," or "Falcom doesn't like Switch," or something. And that's not... The plain and simple truth of it all is that we just don't have the knowhow and the ability to be able to work on Switch games right now.”

Well, at least he is honest. However if people are saying that Falcom does't like switch, doesn't that mean that their market isn't just on Playstation, rather that it is easier for them as a dev to work with? I will say it always bothers me when devs of any stripe to strive to improve their skillset. I'm always working on a language or project even if it doesn't apply to my day job, considering that they could reach out to Nintendo for assistance I seems that this is a very helpless standpoint to take.

Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19

Ryu_Niiyama

@JaxonH Oooh just saw you sig. How is Judgement? It's on the list but I'm still working down RyuGa 3 (and my ps3 is in storage so before I'm 40, yeah?) so I don't want to give it a go just yet.

Your Switch schedule looks good. Mine will be similar, but I think I'm going to focus on Tiny Metal, Builders 2, Marvel, FE, and then DQ. I think I'm going to wait until the holiday season before I destroy my purchase list. I'm in full study mode currently and no point in buying shrink wrap fodder. I think I'm going to take a week in December or January and just game though.

Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19

Haruki_NLI

An interesting thought.

Look how From Software had Virtuos port games to Switch. Or Ubisoft. Or how Toys For Bob did Skylanders and Crash, not Vicarious Visions, or Panic Button for Bethesda, the list goes on.

All these games are being ported by other companies, not the main developers (With the exception of seemingly idSoftware due to the co-develop nature and some others).

My worry is now, that yes, these games are coming, but the actual developers aren't learning about the Switch. They just fork up cash to have someone else do it. Great business for those studios, but not as good for continued support, at least on paper.

Those comments from Falcom certainly ring true. They simply dont know how it works. Ys VIII would have been a good time to learn, moving from Vita to Switch...but they didn't do it. NIS did.

It does make me wonder the longevity of this model for porting.

At the same time though, boy Panic Button and Virtuos are getting work aint they?

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

JaxonH

@Ryu_Niiyama
Honestly, I fired up the PS4, then got stuck by system updates, game install, game updates, and by the time it was ready I was playing Spider-Man and just never actually fired it up.

I think you’re going to be really happy with DQ Builders 2. This game has snuck up on me as one of my favorite releases on Switch this year. Maybe Trials Rising is in the running, Darksiders was good, Final Fantasy X and XII for sure, Dragon’s Dogma... so there’s been some other good ones, Mario Maker obviously, but it’s up there. Let’s just say best new release this year. Unfortunately those bragging rights won’t last long with FE 10 days off, but still. It’s a really great game. Like, it fits the bill of Animal Crossing at the same time it offers a full Dragon Quest RPG adventure. It’s such a strange mix but it works beautifully in this game. And it’s got a lot of Zelda BotW inspiration. From the glider, to puzzles hidden throughout the world like Korok seed puzzles, it’s just very Zelda-esque.

Taking 2 weeks off for the Holidays. Will catch up on whatever gets thrown on the back burner from the onslaught. Will definitely be done with Fire Emblem and Monster Hunter by then, and Astral Chain and Dragon Quest XI S. So maybe Ni No Kuni 2, maybe The Witcher 3, maybe Pokémon and Luigi’s Mansion 3. Really just depends on how much has to get shelfed due to lack of time.

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Ralizah

Galarian_Lassie wrote:

Falcom hasn't wanted to release their games on Nintendo systems in generations. They'll happily ignore how well Ys VIII did on Switch in the West because the Japanese audience didn't snap up a full-price port of a years old game and point to that as proof that "their audience is on Playstation." In reality, no developer gets the benefit of a built-in audience: if their audience is on Playstation, it's because that audience has learned that their games go to Playstation consoles. Of course, as time goes on and they refuse to expand their scope to the most popular platform on the market, that meager Japanese audience is only going to grow smaller, I imagine.

Not a huge loss, though. It's not like the Switch isn't getting robust JRPG support from the biggest names in the business at the moment.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

DenDen

@JaxonH Im glad im not the only one who is interested in so many games.

Now playing
Nexomon
Dicey Dungeons
UnderMine
Steamworld Quest

FC - SW 2926-4689-1966

Switch Friend Code: Sw-2926-4689-1966 | My Nintendo: DenDen

BruceCM

Well, he did say they'd be happy to pursue others porting their games, @Ralizah .... Maybe NISA, since they're working a lot with them? If Ys IX gets the treatment, that'll sell well on Switch

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

Ralizah

@BruceCM It's definitely possible. NIS is a HUGE Switch supporter, and with Sony's shift toward a focus on hardcore gamers and big blockbuster games with PS5, that likely won't be changing any time soon.

With Marvelous distributing the first two Cold Steel games, we likely won't be seeing ports of those, though.

BruceCM

Well, they'd want to do either the whole series or none, @Ralizah .... We'll have to see what happens with those games but I'll certainly hope they Switch

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

JaxonH

Idk.

I have the Trails games on Vita. They’re ok. I’d be happy to see the series get ported over, but if I’m being perfectly honest the games aren’t that good. As long as NIS ensures YS continues to get ported, I don’t think I’ll care too much about the rest. Not to say I wouldn’t be happy to see them, but there’s just so many other great games on the system it’s hard to care too much.

Also, Fantasy Strike looks legit. Went down the YouTube rabbit hole checking impressions and reviews, and there seems to be consensus that this is the best fighting game you’ve never played. It’s from the team that developed Ultra Street Fighter II, and it really does seem to bring it back to the SF2 basics. Designed for anyone to be able to play, but still has tons of depth for those who want more.

Fantasy Strike releases on Switch Thursday, July 25th.

Edited on by JaxonH

JaxonH

Super Monkey Ball: Banana Blitz HD announced for Switch. Sabi was right again

TuVictus

Oh neat. Those are the kinds of games that entertained me during the launch years of consoles like the Gamecube and I think 3DS.

TuVictus

Ralizah

@JaxonH Haven't played Cold Steel, but Trails in the Sky FC absolutely does not deserve the acclaim it receives from a corner of the JRPG community. It's a very... average game, with terrible pacing, mediocre music, and one of those incest-bait romantic subplots that sadly infests Japanese media ("you're my brother, but we're not blood related, so we're actually going to have a thing"... barfs)

Ys VIII was superb, though, and Ys IX looks even better, so I'm hoping it gets ported.

Edited on by Ralizah

DenDen

@JaxonH sabi is 99 / 100 correct its insane lol.

Now playing
Nexomon
Dicey Dungeons
UnderMine
Steamworld Quest

FC - SW 2926-4689-1966

Switch Friend Code: Sw-2926-4689-1966 | My Nintendo: DenDen

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic