Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 41,541 to 41,560 of 69,981

EvilLucario

Lmao I got like 10 GB left on my 128 GB card. I should upgrade too.

By the way with Prime Day, Pro Controllers are like $42 or something. Get on that if you want it!

Metroid, Xenoblade, EarthBound shill

I run a YouTube/Twitch channel for fun. Check me out if you want to!

Please let me know before you send me a FC request, thanks.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

JaxonH

I had to retire my Xenoblade 2 Controller to the display shelf yesterday. The D pad would, ok so this is really weird... it would, when holding a direction to scroll fast through a digital keyboard, for example, stop going really fast. I would blow into it and it would start working again, and then it would start doing it again, on and off. Tried my Smash Controller, worked fine. I dug out my spare controller also which I was planning to sell on eBay, and decided to keep it because I always like to have two controllers so that if one runs out of battery I can just swap and keep playing.

Anyways, I really do recommend upgrading SD cards when the opportunity arises (especially now at $53 for 400gb), as I have discovered firsthand it is a pain in the butt to not have enough space. It prevents you from buying games you want, or if you do buy a game you want to you have to juggle archiving some other game... it feels great having all of your games, the entire collection, available at a moment’s notice, with enough free space to not have to worry about what you’re going to do in the future if you want a particular game. Nothing feels worse than seeing a game you want to play, then having to reconsider due to the file size.

edit
Ohh, demo progress carries over in Dragon Quest Builders 2. And there’s a bonus for owning DQ Builders 1. You get an outfit from the first game.

Edited on by JaxonH

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

1UP_MARIO

I’d recommend this to all Nintendo switch owners with joycon drift or dpad problems

Untitled

We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.

JaxonH

@1UP_MARIO
Do you use a lot, or just a drip? I’ve heard of people frying their stuff

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

BruceCM

It'd be a tiny bit, @JaxonH .... That's probably where some people go wrong!

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

EvilLucario

You guys forgetting about THE GOAT N64 PLATFORMER, Glover???

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

1UP_MARIO

@JaxonH just a bit on the joy-cons under the skirt. It works. You can use on the dpad too and it won’t fry the circuit board. It dries instantly. It’s made for this stuff. I’ve found other videos on YouTube people using other wierd stuff but this worked for me. I got this before mario Maker released and no drift whatsoever so far and if it does start again just repeat again.

Good luck with yours

We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.

EvilLucario

@RedderRugfish It's just ok. Has neat ideas but can be finicky.

Grumblevolcano

Where does Bubsy 3D rank in the 5th gen platformers?

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

EvilLucario

@Grumblevolcano If there's a layer below hell, it's that.

JaxonH

Man... when is Wolfenstein Youngblood going to be added to the eShop? And some Switch gameplay footage shown. That game is not being promoted at all.

EvilLucario

@Tsurii Gotta love the glove :^]

JaxonH

@Galarian_Lassie
Thanks, it seems to look pretty good on Switch. Hopefully it’s also good on the handheld, at least as good as Wolf2 after the patch (which made a pretty drastic difference).

edit
Also, can I just say how awesome it is seeing both Fire Emblem Three Houses and Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate in the eShop Best Sellers list simultaneously? My two favorite game series, both with humble, niche beginnings, united in tackling the sales charts. And, I might add, as the best respective entries of each series (save perhaps for MH World, which gives MHGenUlt a run for its money,, and FE is, I can already tell, going to be the best entry to date, a belief further cemented by the overwhelmingly positive impressions from review copies). Reminds me of the 3DS when FE Awakening and MH4U released- a real knockout combo.

Edited on by JaxonH

JaxonH

Is anyone else unable to access their cloud saves?

I saw a video from RGT85 and he can’t access his cloud saves, so I checked mine, and regardless of which game I try, if I click + to go into the context menu for the game, select the Backed Up label to go into the cloud saves menu, it’s all greyed out. I can’t re-download or anything. I tried rebooting my system but that didn’t help either.

Is this a problem across the board with everyone?

Ralizah

@JaxonH Same here.

Maybe they're updating something in their system?

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

JaxonH

@Ralizah
Ok, I think I figured it out.

When your local save matches the backup, it won't allow you to download or upload.

I turned off auto backup for Valkyria Chronicles 4, loaded, re-saved, and suddenly the option wasn't greyed out.

So if you use auto backup, it always matches the latest local save.

Maybe using auto backup isnt good. Especially if you corrupt a save, it'll back up that corrupted save. Then again, how will you ever know if its corrupted until you turn the game on again and load? I think RGT just had bad luck turning off system while it was saving, and while in the ship where it deletes the autosave for that one spot.

Probably will leave auto backup turned on, now that I know what's going on. Was worried sick for a second though. Thanks for checking, and at least the mystery is solved for anyone who encounters this in the future

BenGrimm

Just want to say I’m so disappointed with MK11 on the Switch. So many software shut downs over and over again it becomes a chore to play. Such a shame as it’s a very good game if they got it to work properly.

BenGrimm

gcunit

@BenGrimm Are you playing off a cart or a download?

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic