Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 41,141 to 41,160 of 69,962

Buizel

@Ralizah 115 hours?! I don't think I could manage that. I think I'm about 35 into Persona 4 and would like things to wrap up relatively soon (that is...20 hours?)

I'm generally put off if I game is too long. Person 4 is a different story, but I'm not gonna deny that it's a serious personal investment...

Edited on by Buizel

At least 2'8".

NintendoByNature

Anything over 30hrs has me itching to finish it. After 40 I'm ready to pull my hair out 😂. The only game I can play a campaign on and sit thru for 60-70 is botw.. other games like splatoon or smash is different though.i don't mind continuing to play them. Same with Mario maker. I'll prob play for a while ..

Edited on by NintendoByNature

NintendoByNature

WebHead

Still kinda annoyed with atlus with how they bait and switched switch gamers.

WebHead

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3217-6922 | Nintendo Network ID: JTPrime

HobbitGamer

Yeah there’s few games I can enjoy such a long play on, as well. Fallout, Mass Effect, BotW, Earthbound, and Chrono Trigger are about it.

Atlus didn’t do anything to anyone. Hypers did it all to themselves.

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

Ralizah

@Buizel It took me a long time, considering PS4 is a home console and I use it less than my handhelds.

Atlus JRPGs generally tend to be quite long. Every EO game I've played has lasted between 50 and 80 hours just to get to the credits (WAY longer if you want to grind and get your party to the point where they can tackle the post-game content). SMT IV was a 75 hour game for me. I spent 105 on SMT IV: Apocalypse. I spent 80 hours getting to one of the easiest endings in Devil Survivor: Overclocked. The first Digital Devil Saga on PS2 is looking like it'll be a 50+ hour game. And so on.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Advance Wars 1 + 2: Re- Boot Camp (NS)

Buizel

@Ralizah Yeah I dunno if I would've even managed P4 if it weren't on a handheld. A real shame that Persona 5 isn't on Switch...not sure if this is Sony meddling or Atlus being silly but the Switch is perfect for Persona.

At least 2'8".

Toy_Link

Apparently 2019 is the year of the kart racer. Based on some kid from YouTube that t̶h̶e̶ ̶Y̶o̶u̶T̶u̶b̶e̶ ̶A̶l̶g̶o̶r̶i̶t̶h̶m̶ audiences fell in love with, Race With Ryan promises to be a simplistic take on the kart racing genre, with 5 characters and 6 courses.
Releasing November 1st, this year.
Source
https://nintendoeverything.com/race-with-ryan-coming-to-switch/

Edited on by Toy_Link

Legal threats that have gone nowhere: 1

DarkRula

Year of the kart racer and Mario Kart misses out. I suppose it can still count if it at least gets announced this year [or a surprise Double Dash remake with the amount of extras Beenox put into CTR].

DarkRula

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3513-2745 | Nintendo Network ID: DarkRula

Dogorilla

Is Mario Kart Tour still due to come out this year? It's not the same as having a new console MK, of course, but it's something.

"Remember, Funky's the Monkey!"

Funky Kong

DarkRula

It's definitely coming this year, but... I was thinking more about console-only experiences. I suppose it counts when considering all platforms.

DarkRula

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3513-2745 | Nintendo Network ID: DarkRula

Grumblevolcano

I have a bold prediction, that Smash 4.0.0 will be shadow dropped next week (like what was done for Joker in April) to coincide with DQ Builders 2 and whatever the DQIX announcement is.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

darkfenrir

Some more Astral Chain footage! I laughed seeing that we can't cross the street when it's red light though for some reason...

darkfenrir

Matthew010

@Galarian_Lassie Oh god. How popular is that kid? I've started seeing his face on toys in local shops and it's just annoying.

Matthew010

Matthew010

@Grumblevolcano That would make sense. As long as Nintendo braces their servers. If Joker killed them, I can't think what The Hero and eventually Banjo & Kazooie will do.

Matthew010

Grumblevolcano

@Matthew010 I don't think there's been a single DLC release for Smash that hasn't broken the servers. Though nothing as extreme as Pokemon Bank Christmas 2013.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Matthew010

@Grumblevolcano What happened with Pokemon Bank? I wasn't as interested back then in looking into Nintendo news. IIRC all I did was watch Directs and get news that way.

Matthew010

link3710

Cyber Sleuth is one of my top wishlist games, totally gonna pick this one up at release. Between this, Survive, and likely the next Story game coming to Switch, it feels like we're back in the DS/Dawn/Dusk era of Nintendo getting the Digimon games.

link3710

Magician

JaxonH wrote:

Awesome. Wonder if they’ll get a physical release or digital only?

Most likely physical for Europe, Japan, and China. While North America gets digital only.

Switch Physical Collection - 1,241 games (as of March 23rd, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

Grumblevolcano

@Matthew010 Pokemon Bank launched in Japan on Christmas Day 2013 and it led to serious Nintendo Network issues, such that Bank was removed from the eshop and wasn't re-added until a month later.

Grumblevolcano

JaxonH

@Magician
That’s ok. An EU release is as good as an NA release in my book. I can import.

That said, my Astral Chain collector edition from Amazon IT just got canceled. A friend ordered an extra on a price mistake for me, and they canceled the extra. I do not want to end up on eBay for Astral Chain and Daemon X Machina. At least I still have the Link’s Awakening from EU, which I wanted for the steel case and more classy art book cover.

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic