Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 41,101 to 41,120 of 43,647

link3710

Biomutant looks interesting. If it's real anyways.

link3710

JaxonH

NintendoByNature wrote:

@Grumblevolcano good point. I'm sure well find out soon enough

Agreed, but I’m pretty sure it’s legit. Both Darksiders 2 and Biomutant are THQ releases, so it makes sense if THQ submitted new listings to retailers. And with the success of Darksiders Warmastered (that game did way better than Wii U, and probably gave the PS4/X1 releases a run for their money) and previous THQ titles, Darksiders 2 was all but confirmed anyways. Biomutant seems a little more surprising, but then again, Switch is in year 3, keeping perfect pace with PS4 launch aligned, which broke all kinds of records and was second only to Wii in the history of gaming, so it makes sense that a few bigger titles are finally going to start coming around the block.

Wouldn’t surprise me if they got Darksiders 3 on Switch at some point. If they can find a good way to scale these games down to a reasonable level, I think they’ll put pretty much anything on the system.

Edited on by JaxonH

NOW PLAYING
NS: Dragon Quest Builders 2, Marvel Ultimate Alliance, God Eater 3, Mario Maker 2, Valkyria Chronicles 4, Final Fantasy XII
PS4: Judgement
PSVR / Vita / X1 / PC / Rift / Win2 / WiiU / 3DS: [nothing]

Jesus is Lord.

My Nintendo: JaxonH

NintendoByNature

@JaxonH I think you hit the nail on the head. There's pretty much no reason darksiders 2 wouldn't come. The shock to me though is coming in August only a few months after 1 dropped. I would think they'd want 1 to settle a bit before dropping 2

NintendoByNature

Magician

THQ Nordic is going to be fun to monitor over the next couple or few years. They've been scooping up expired IP and/or affordable development studios and repurposing that product for current consoles. Last I heard, several more games are in the process of being ported to the Switch. Just go look at their subsidiary list, it's ridiculous, over 75 unique IP purchased over the past few years.

They remind me of Electronic Arts from the 90's, when they used to publish games across a wide range of genres. Back when EA cared more about games and less about investor satisfaction.

Edited on by Magician

Switch Physical Collection - 366 games (as of July 18th, 2019)
Currently playing: Dragon Quest Builders 2 (Switch) Mary Skelter (PS Vita) Borderlands The Pre-sequel (PS4)
Favorite Quote: "Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." -Arthur C. Clarke

JaxonH

@Magician
That’s a good comparison. THQ really is the EA of old... the good EA. Multiplatform everything. If it can run, port it.

@NintendoByNature
Given 3 Resident Evils on the same day, 2 of the best modern Final Fantasy games in the same month (and half a dozen in 3 months), half a year seems plenty breathing room for the next Darksiders 😁

NOW PLAYING
NS: Dragon Quest Builders 2, Marvel Ultimate Alliance, God Eater 3, Mario Maker 2, Valkyria Chronicles 4, Final Fantasy XII

Jesus is Lord.

Morpheel

Did people actually expect it to be a full retail release?

Yeah I don’t know either.

Eh! My gameplay videos

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

3DS Friend Code: 0173-1330-0080 | My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

FragRed

@NintendoByNature @Morpheel This is Capcom, no one should ever expect anything other than digital releases for the Switch, even if it fits onto the cheapest cartridge possible.

ENGAGE VG: www.engagevg.com

Morpheel

Unless it can be part of a collection!

Which to be honest is better. Capcom doesn’t want to sell us decade old rereleases as full price physical releases, unless they can give us another decade old rerelease to go with it.

Edited on by Morpheel

Yeah I don’t know either.

Eh! My gameplay videos

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

3DS Friend Code: 0173-1330-0080 | My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Grumblevolcano

Watch it still be £30 like the RE games.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Aozz101x

Out of Every game that THQ Nordic owns. i hope they bring a TimeSplitters Collection to Switch with Online Support and Mapmaker sharing (since the Gamecube versions of TimeSplitters 2 and TimeSplitters: Future Perfect lacked those features.)

im creep out with thoese eyes... :P

3DS Friend Code: 3153-5789-3951 | Nintendo Network ID: Aozz101x

Grumblevolcano

NintendoByNature wrote:

@JaxonH I think you hit the nail on the head. There's pretty much no reason darksiders 2 wouldn't come. The shock to me though is coming in August only a few months after 1 dropped. I would think they'd want 1 to settle a bit before dropping 2

Well yeah, it's likely but still important to take caution. Remember how everyone was like Persona 5 is definitely coming to Switch with lots of retailer listings and rumours spawning just from the announcement of Joker in Smash. Yet here we are with just a Warriors spinoff.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Magician

Morpheel wrote:

Did people actually expect it to be a full retail release?

Why not? Capcom Beat'em Up Bundle, Onimusha remaster, Okami HD, The Phoenix Wright trilogy, all got released physically. So it's odd that DMC is being skipped.

Switch Physical Collection - 366 games (as of July 18th, 2019)
Currently playing: Dragon Quest Builders 2 (Switch) Mary Skelter (PS Vita) Borderlands The Pre-sequel (PS4)
Favorite Quote: "Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." -Arthur C. Clarke

HobbitGamer

@Grumblevolcano Yeah, but it's a Persona 5 Warriors spinoff! ;p

#TeamPineapple
#MeatAndGreet

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

NintendoByNature

I really didn't know what to expect for DMC being released as eshop only or physically. I guess you just never know with capcom. Dragons dogma was physical but onimusha was digital ( in the West at least). It's always hard to tell what they have planned

NintendoByNature

JaxonH

@Grumblevolcano
Well, the generation isn't over yet. Just because Persona 5 wasn't announced at the exact time the internet decided to expect it, doesn't mean it's not coming. I'd be shocked... no. I'd be amazed if Persona 5 isn't on Switch by the time the next system releases.

As for the listing, that was possibly Persona 5 Scramble, but with Biomutant there is no ambiguity. No spinoffs the listing could mean instead.

Nonetheless, point taken. Nothing is guaranteed. At the same time, just because things don't happen right away when people want them to doesn't mean it's not happening (Metroid Prime Trilogy being a perfect example of that- I'll eat my shorts if we don't see that game on Switch at some point)

NOW PLAYING

Jesus is Lord.

EvilLucario

Considering Sega was hurt real bad during last fiscal year, their old ways of selective exclusivity (if there are no deals, in which case maybe) might come to an end. We might be seeing games like Sakura Wars and Yakuza make their way to Switch due to pressures from higher-ups.

Metroid, Xenoblade, EarthBound shill

I run a YouTube/Twitch channel for fun. Check me out if you want to!

Please let me know before you send me a FC request, thanks.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

DFaceG_Rebooted

One thing I think does need to happen is a change in expectation on the part of us - the fans.
We might want something a lot, but if the sore lack of Mother 3 in the States for past 13 years shows anything, as well as all of the false leaks many of us have fallen for - it can be aggravating to get our hopes up.
Being hopeful is fine. But don't act like the world is ending if your hopes are wrong.
I'm not saying this because of or in reply to anything someone else said, but only because E3 approaches quickly - we're about an entire month away now. The leaks will come, some will be wrong, there might be one or two (maybe even three) correct predictions. But don't pin all hope on the leaks and theories you make and find.
Expect the unexpected. Joker and Piranha Plant for Smash Bros. were unexpected. Cadence of Hyrule was unexpected. Heck, I could say Ridley for Smash and Metroid Prime 4 were unexpected after being wanted for so long.
My point is, this E3, try to find joy out of what you didn't expect. Try not to be disappointed by getting your hopes let down, because the news you didn't expect could be amazing.

Edited on by DFaceG_Rebooted

You're wrong until I say otherwise.

HobbitGamer

@DFaceG_Rebooted Hear, hear. I take unverified things with a “that may be neat” mentality. I tend to get onto a hype train after it’s already made a few stops 😂

#TeamPineapple
#MeatAndGreet

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic