Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 41,101 to 41,120 of 41,848

HobbitGamer

Musou hasn't reached a pinnacle until there's Walking Dead Warriors, or a similar zombie-centric franchise in a Musou format.

#TeamPineapple
#MeatAndGreet

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

HobbitGamer

@Grumblevolcano Nah, it'll be Days Gone Slash when revealed. That way folks can get their rumor mills going with DGS. If tears were currency, we'd become magnates.

#TeamPineapple
#MeatAndGreet

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

Aozz101x

@subpopz i don't think it's necessarily with just people who haven't tried Persona in general, but Persona fans as well. and maybe that's not the case, we could see a Persona 5 fighting game next year for Switch and PS4 instead of a Persona 5 port.

Edited on by Aozz101x

im creep out with thoese eyes... :P

3DS Friend Code: 3153-5789-3951 | Nintendo Network ID: Aozz101x

EvilLucario

Listen man, I don't really care about Musou games but if they make Xenoblade Warriors, I'm there day one and buying two copies.

Metroid, Xenoblade, EarthBound shill

I run a YouTube/Twitch channel for fun. Check me out if you want to!

Please let me know before you send me a FC request, thanks.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

JaxonH

I agree that Joker in Smash should have never happened for anything less than Persona 5. Period. If they're not gonna bring the main series over, give that spot to someone else. I dont care what they've done in the past, Smash DLC spots being dictated by Nintendo should only go to 3rd party games with proper representation. And if they're not willing to provide that, give it to someone who is.

That said, the game looks cool and I'll definitely get it, and I think this at least shows Atlus is increasingly aware of demand on Switch. P5 may happen, it may not happen. At this point I'm done caring. We've collectively spent waayyyy too much time groaning over this one single game as if the universe revolves around it.

Edited on by JaxonH

NOW PLAYING
NS: Final Fantasy XII, Final Fantasy X, Dragon’s Dogma, Mortal Kombat XI, Darksiders, Cuphead, Hellblade, Trials Rising
X1: Trials Evolution
GPD Win 2: Fire Emblem Path of Radiance
3DS/Wii U/PS4/PSVR//Vita/PC/Rift: [nothing]

Jesus is Lord.

My Nintendo: JaxonH

DarthNocturnal

I'm just waiting for Fighter 2 to be revealed. If it excites me, I'll get the Pass. If not... Fighter 3, let's go!

"Sometimes, I just don't understand human behavior" - C-3P0

subpopz

EvilLucario wrote:

Listen man, I don't really care about Musou games but if they make Xenoblade Warriors, I'm there day one and buying two copies.

Holy crap, I'd be all over this.

subpopz

Magician

I still hold out hope that Koei Tecmo considers porting Fist of the North Star: Ken's Rage 2 to the Switch, which is a terrible game but I love the license so much that it makes it my favorite musou game. But they're probably too busy with P5S and Dynasty Warriors 47, or whatever number they're on now.

Switch Physical Collection - 328 games (as of May 20th, 2019)
Currently playing: Final Fantasy XII (Switch) Mary Skelter (PS Vita) Monster Hunter World (PS4)
Favorite Quote: "Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." -Arthur C. Clarke

link3710

@DarthNocturnal Same here. As much fun as Joker looks, I'm not getting the fighter's pass until enoughs been revealed to make it worth it, and I've never played P5 so...

link3710

HobbitGamer

@link3710 Same here on holding out. I’m sure I’ll eventually get it to fill out the game, but so far I’m not feeling a rush.

#TeamPineapple
#MeatAndGreet

JaxonH

Man, where’s the talk of all the games that just released. People here do actually play their Switch, right?

Put my Darksiders playthrough on hold for the foreseeable future, as I’m still plowing away at Final Fantasy X. Started a game of Dragon Dogma, and made it to the character editor after the initial gameplay segment and cutscenes. Also started playing Mortal Kombat XI story mode, which is fantastic btw. You can notice the downgrade graphically, but it still looks pretty good and it plays fantastic. And it looks even better in handheld mode. Haven’t started SteamWorld Quest yet, or Cuphead. Locked and loaded on Final Fantasy XII. The great debate is whether to jump from X to XII, or X to X-2 and then to XII, but the latter might encroach on a too few coming games.

NOW PLAYING
NS: Final Fantasy XII, Final Fantasy X, Dragon’s Dogma, Mortal Kombat XI, Darksiders, Cuphead, Hellblade, Trials Rising

Jesus is Lord.

Galarian_Lassie

Updates from Nintendo's Fiscal Year Financial Briefing
Thanks Dave Gibson on Twitter
-Nintendo expects further growth of the Nintendo Switch (up 23% YoY)
-Switch is ahead of 3DS pace globally, but behind Wii/DS
-Smash Bros. driving factor of new Switch sales with new DLC already having being bought by plenty of those players
-Game sales have grown 50% YoY
-Switch software sales per hardware are better than the Wii
-Monthly active users have doubled
-NOS now has 9.8 million users (excluding those that are in trial period) 2.8 million have played Tetris 99
, more NES games coming
-Mario Kart Tour will be polished before launch
-Nintendo wants to increase the percentage of users that have both a Switch and NOS.
-Nintendo believes that cloud gaming will develop for consumers and will accommodate that desire, but will only deliver the entertainment that they can provide
-Tetris 99 helped drive new subscribers to NOS

Where am I going! Nowhere, unless if I say otherwise!

GeeEmm

I'm switching between MK11 and Dragons Dogma at the moment. Absolutely loving MK11....so gory but oh so fun to play. I'm enjoying DD but think I'm gonna change vocation from mage to a ranger. Not sure why I decided on a magic user, I never do that for these types of game. Oh and I like the pawn system, but having more than one it just becomes a little overwhelming to me so I'm gonna stick with my main and that's it.
Gonna check out the VR update tonight, can't wait!!

GeeEmm

HobbitGamer

@JaxonH I mean, I bought Simple Sudoku 😂. Replacing truck parts, so I’m mostly putting stuff on my wish list now. Interested in Strike Suit Zero and Homo Machina, and already set aside the money for Saints Row.

#TeamPineapple
#MeatAndGreet

Grumblevolcano

From what I can tell, Odyssey's VR update also improved loading screen times meanwhile BotW's VR update also slightly made the framerate more stable (Korok Forest is still a bit choppy but Kakariko Village for example doesn't seem to have framerate dips).

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

link3710

@JaxonH Well since you asked, Cuphead is destroying me. Best boss I've done is an A+, no clue what the secret is to that S. The game is gorgeous, though I'm surprised to see it's almost all boss battles. Not that that seems to be a bad thing, the boss battles are all gorgeous, and wonderful to play though But mostly I'm switching between that and Octopath, I'm about halfway through that game now, though there are still some Chapter 2s I haven't even started.

link3710

HobbitGamer

@Grumblevolcano How is Odyssey’s update? Only had time to fiddle about with a Hinox and Rito Village before I put things up for the night.

#TeamPineapple
#MeatAndGreet

JaxonH

Just tried Odyssey and Zelda.

My take. These are just opinions. Yours may differ.

Odyssey wasn't that impressive. Fixed camera angles suck in an open playbox environment. Still cool, but meh. Really pixelated from a distance, have to use the VR zoom feature to see details when far away.

Zelda, on the other hand, has exceeded my expectations, and Zelda was the game I thought would be the worse of the two. Not so, and I think it's because your view follows Link, unlike Mario, and you can turn the camera by turning your head (first REAL taste of VR disorientation with Switch, I love it!).

I wasn't sure about the visor strap, but now I'm sure. I WANT to play Zelda like this. Oh yes. Problem is, I'm in the middle of the DLC where you have 1 heart and I want to exit that. Not sure how to do that. Maybe I'll just start a new playthrough, using save file from my EU account so as to not overwrite my main playthrough.

NOW PLAYING

Jesus is Lord.

NintendoByNature

I'm playing mostly cuphead Celeste xc2 torna and little amounts of nes online. Im trying not to start yoshi or gungeon yet. The real test with not starting any new games til I finish my current ones is when RE, shakedown Hawaii, and castlevania collection hit the eshop. I don't have time or the money. Is it fathers day yet? I can use an eshop gift card 😅

NintendoByNature

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic