Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 41,081 to 41,100 of 45,622

FragRed

@NintendoByNature @Morpheel This is Capcom, no one should ever expect anything other than digital releases for the Switch, even if it fits onto the cheapest cartridge possible.

ENGAGE VG: www.engagevg.com

Grumblevolcano

Watch it still be £30 like the RE games.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Aozz101x

Out of Every game that THQ Nordic owns. i hope they bring a TimeSplitters Collection to Switch with Online Support and Mapmaker sharing (since the Gamecube versions of TimeSplitters 2 and TimeSplitters: Future Perfect lacked those features.)

im creep out with thoese eyes... :P

3DS Friend Code: 3153-5789-3951 | Nintendo Network ID: Aozz101x

Grumblevolcano

NintendoByNature wrote:

@JaxonH I think you hit the nail on the head. There's pretty much no reason darksiders 2 wouldn't come. The shock to me though is coming in August only a few months after 1 dropped. I would think they'd want 1 to settle a bit before dropping 2

Well yeah, it's likely but still important to take caution. Remember how everyone was like Persona 5 is definitely coming to Switch with lots of retailer listings and rumours spawning just from the announcement of Joker in Smash. Yet here we are with just a Warriors spinoff.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Magician

Morpheel wrote:

Did people actually expect it to be a full retail release?

Why not? Capcom Beat'em Up Bundle, Onimusha remaster, Okami HD, The Phoenix Wright trilogy, all got released physically. So it's odd that DMC is being skipped.

Switch Physical Collection - 401 games (as of September 12th, 2019)
Currently playing: Earthlock (Switch) Sly Cooper (PS Vita)
Favorite Quote: "Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." -Arthur C. Clarke

HobbitGamer

@Grumblevolcano Yeah, but it's a Persona 5 Warriors spinoff! ;p

#TeamPineapple
#MeatAndGreet

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

NintendoByNature

I really didn't know what to expect for DMC being released as eshop only or physically. I guess you just never know with capcom. Dragons dogma was physical but onimusha was digital ( in the West at least). It's always hard to tell what they have planned

NintendoByNature

JaxonH

@Grumblevolcano
Well, the generation isn't over yet. Just because Persona 5 wasn't announced at the exact time the internet decided to expect it, doesn't mean it's not coming. I'd be shocked... no. I'd be amazed if Persona 5 isn't on Switch by the time the next system releases.

As for the listing, that was possibly Persona 5 Scramble, but with Biomutant there is no ambiguity. No spinoffs the listing could mean instead.

Nonetheless, point taken. Nothing is guaranteed. At the same time, just because things don't happen right away when people want them to doesn't mean it's not happening (Metroid Prime Trilogy being a perfect example of that- I'll eat my shorts if we don't see that game on Switch at some point)

PLAYING
NS: Fire Emblem Three Houses, Dragon Quest Builders 2, Marvel Ultimate Alliance
Vita: Super Monkey Ball: Banana Splitz

Jesus is Lord.

CLICK HERE For My Switch Collection

EvilLucario

Considering Sega was hurt real bad during last fiscal year, their old ways of selective exclusivity (if there are no deals, in which case maybe) might come to an end. We might be seeing games like Sakura Wars and Yakuza make their way to Switch due to pressures from higher-ups.

Metroid, Xenoblade, EarthBound shill

I run a YouTube/Twitch channel for fun. Check me out if you want to!

Please let me know before you send me a FC request, thanks.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

DFaceG_Rebooted

One thing I think does need to happen is a change in expectation on the part of us - the fans.
We might want something a lot, but if the sore lack of Mother 3 in the States for past 13 years shows anything, as well as all of the false leaks many of us have fallen for - it can be aggravating to get our hopes up.
Being hopeful is fine. But don't act like the world is ending if your hopes are wrong.
I'm not saying this because of or in reply to anything someone else said, but only because E3 approaches quickly - we're about an entire month away now. The leaks will come, some will be wrong, there might be one or two (maybe even three) correct predictions. But don't pin all hope on the leaks and theories you make and find.
Expect the unexpected. Joker and Piranha Plant for Smash Bros. were unexpected. Cadence of Hyrule was unexpected. Heck, I could say Ridley for Smash and Metroid Prime 4 were unexpected after being wanted for so long.
My point is, this E3, try to find joy out of what you didn't expect. Try not to be disappointed by getting your hopes let down, because the news you didn't expect could be amazing.

Edited on by DFaceG_Rebooted

You're wrong until I say otherwise.

HobbitGamer

@DFaceG_Rebooted Hear, hear. I take unverified things with a “that may be neat” mentality. I tend to get onto a hype train after it’s already made a few stops 😂

#TeamPineapple
#MeatAndGreet

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

Knuckles-Fajita

Magician wrote:

Why not? Capcom Beat'em Up Bundle, Onimusha remaster, Okami HD, The Phoenix Wright trilogy, all got released physically.

Except in Europe.

Because Capcom

NLI Discord:

https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Website: https://bit.ly/2Ikg7U0

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

RR529

Knuckles-Fajita wrote:

Magician wrote:

Why not? Capcom Beat'em Up Bundle, Onimusha remaster, Okami HD, The Phoenix Wright trilogy, all got released physically.

Except in Europe.

Because Capcom

Is importing really that much of a hassle in Europe? (Not trying to be snarky, just curious)

I recently imported the Japanese release of Onimusha (I'm in the US) off of Amazon Japan, the only additional cost on top of the game itself was the $10 international shipping charge, and it got here in less than a week. Not really any more cumbersome or expensive than buying something domestically.

Edited on by RR529

Currently Playing:
Switch - NSMBU Deluxe
PS4 - Moss

Knuckles-Fajita

@RR529 Yes it is.

Take the UK for instance. Because we are part of the European Trade Union, we pay a tariff on any imported goods.

That's on top of any customs charges, due to being electronic goods, they are subject to being opened and inspected.

And THEN Royal Mail slaps a delivery charge on top of THAT.

In total, let's take the physical release of Mega Man 11 for instance. What cost, what, $50 for the amiibo edition, that's £38. That's already more than the game costs at retail here for other systems since it got released on PS4/Xbox One at retail.

The customs charge for that was £20, plus the delivery cost and Royal Mail Charge, in total, the game cost me £85 to get.

NLI Discord:

https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Website: https://bit.ly/2Ikg7U0

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

RR529

@Knuckles-Fajita, yeah, that definitely seems like overkill.

Currently Playing:
Switch - NSMBU Deluxe
PS4 - Moss

gcunit

Yeh, **** importing to the UK, just ****ing money away. Just be patient and buy a used copy from a sucka who couldn't resist those succulent added charges.

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

JaxonH

Would be nice to see Capcom bring something newer than 6th generation for a change. I love ports of great games, and it’s not the older games that I take issue with. But Capcom has not invested enough into bringing modern games to Switch. And at year 3, my patience is starting to wear thin. Bring a new Monster Hunter, and I’m good. But until I see the announcement, it’s hard not to shake my head at their efforts.

edit
(Although I must commend them for Dragon’s Dogma- 7th gen games are a perfect fit for Switch, and aside from MH, I wouldn’t really expect them to cram current gen AAA games on the system aside from a few carefully chosen titles)

@RR529
Ya, I’ve been taking FULL advantage of region free

EU Imports
Blazblue Central Fiction
Unravel Two
One Piece: Unlimited World Red
One Piece: Pirate Warriors 3
Little Nightmares
Taiko Drum Master: Drum ‘n’ Fun

JP Imports
Bayonetta
Okami HD
Onimusha Warlords
Ace Attorney Trilogy
Mega Man X Collection 2
Capcom Beat Em Up Bundle
Super Robot Wars T
Monster Hunter XX (before it was announced for the west)

Asian Imports
Chocobo’s Mystery Dungeon
World of Final Fantasy
Final Fantasy X/X-2
I Am Setsuna

Edited on by JaxonH

PLAYING
NS: Fire Emblem Three Houses, Dragon Quest Builders 2, Marvel Ultimate Alliance
Vita: Super Monkey Ball: Banana Splitz

Jesus is Lord.

CLICK HERE For My Switch Collection

Top

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic