Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 41,081 to 41,100 of 69,981

Ralizah

There's so much content in these games already. I can't imagine downloading extra DLC for them.

In general, I tend to ignore DLC entirely unless it's really substantive, like with Mario Kart 8, Mario + Rabbids, Splatoon 2, and Xenoblade 2.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

HobbitGamer

The Starfox game on Switch is essentially Starlink. StarFox Zero was pretty much what Starfox 2 was going to be.
And an F Zero could still happen. Nintendo has done stranger things.

If Bethesda can dig up Kommander Keen and subsequently ruin it, I feel Nintendo could still make a good F Zero after all this time.

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

Ralizah

@WebHead I think a big budget rail shooter with smart level design, good controls, and spectacular set-pieces could probably make a profit. And the hardcore would be on board if sharp gyro controls were implemented as well.

SFZ isn't a good example of the genre, considering it struggled to capture even the very basic appeal of the rail shooter in the first place. Who wants a rail shooter with confusing controls, sometimes very slow-paced missions, and graphics that look multiple generations behind even some of the other games released on the same system?

Edited on by Ralizah

Luna_110

I got all the DLC for Fates and Awakening.... and it wasn’t worth it. I’m not going to reward IS and their pathetic DLC practices this time, when I can compare them to XC2’s expansion pass which included Torna.
I have to admit that, at least, it has a decent price this time. DLC for Shadows of Valentia was an embarrassment

I have a chronic lack of time, for everything.

Now playing: Okami HD, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8536-9884-6679 | 3DS Friend Code: 0877-2091-1186 | Nintendo Network ID: Luna_cs

Magician

@Ralizah - We are long overdue for Sin & Punishment 3.

WTH has Treasure been up to since Gaist Crusher for 3DS back in 2014?

Switch Physical Collection - 1,247 games (as of April 15th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

Ralizah

@Magician Well, if nothing else, we're getting that Panzer Dragoon remake soon. Hopefully it has gyro aiming.

Ryu_Niiyama

Grumblevolcano wrote:

Nintendo officially announced the Fire Emblem Three Houses expansion pass:

This time I am getting the pass. I am currently buying all the FE dlc I missed out on. Should have bought the pass then. So expensive.

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

Therad

We need a new urban champion, there we have a series long overdue for a sequel!

I won't buy a season pass for fire emblem unless I know what's in it. I am also not sure I will buy fire emblem, I want some in depths reviews this time around.

Therad

Grumblevolcano

First Fire Emblem Three Houses, then Astral Chain and Link's Awakening. Next up for the special edition treatment for 2019 Switch exclusives is Daemon X Machina:

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Magician

I'm really envious of all the Europe exclusive first party limited editions lately. And on the other hand I'm grateful. I'm already having issues staying within my budget. I don't need excuses to spend more.

Switch Physical Collection - 1,247 games (as of April 15th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

TuVictus

Oh wow, that is a beautiful edition. If I'm fortunate enough maybe I can import it

TuVictus

JaxonH

I need that Daemon X Machina LE.

I scored the Astral Chain LE from Europe for a price mistake at €55 thanks to a friend on this site who ordered 2 of them. Bought him an Amazon IT digital gift card to pay without fees.

He has an extra Link’s Awakening LE also, but I’m not sure I want to pay all that extra money just for a steelbook, since NA is getting an LE also.

And I’m definitely buying Fire Emblem expansion (separately though, because I used a voucher on the base game). I loved the maps in Fates DLC, and Awakening. Some of the best map design I’ve seen has been in their DLC. Plus, having a map to farm money or XP comes in handy. I really didn’t like Echoes DLC though. The game itself was great but the DLC was overpriced and it just wasn’t that good.

EDIT

New 10 minute video for Fire Emblem Three Houses released in Japan, and it’s got lots of new footage and animations. Check out these screenshots of some of the maps!

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Edited on by JaxonH

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Luna_110

I’ll pass on Daemon X Machina’s LE and Astral Chain’s LE, the first since I’m still not very convinced on the game (and because it isn’t offered in America) and Astral Chain because I blew my budget for these months on Fire Emblem and its LE.

I do hope that Intelligent System ups their game with the DLC. Only ones I feel are worth it are The Future Past and the Heirs of Fates packs. The other maps were a bit meh.
Oh, Apoteosis was worth it too if you were willing to endure that madness.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8536-9884-6679 | 3DS Friend Code: 0877-2091-1186 | Nintendo Network ID: Luna_cs

MarioVillager92

@Ralizah I agree with you on the DLC, I especially like it when they essentially make full games out of them. I still want to get the Torna DLC for Xenoblade Chronicles 2. I just need to beat the base game first!

"Give yourself the gift of being joyfully you."

ACNH Name/Island: D-Pad/D-World
Dream Address: DA-1613-1378-1995

Also known as MarioLover92. Please ask for my Switch FC if you want to play online with me. Thanks!

My Nintendo: MarioLover

rallydefault

Star Fox Zero without the forced wonky controls (keep them as an option, by all means) would be a quick and dirty port that would sell over a million guaranteed. I don't know why they won't do it. They've brought over plenty of other Wii U games that weren't given their fair shake, some even off the beaten path (Toad's Treasure Whatever), yet they won't bring Star Fox? I don't get it. But hey, they have their internal calculations, and they must firmly believe that there would be no profit in it.

rallydefault

HobbitGamer

Anyone else notice a new Bubsy game in the Coming Soon section of the US eShop? Looks interesting.
Oh, and I finally snagged Yooka Laylee on sale for $20

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

Luna_110

@rallydefault
Because removing the motion controls probably means reworking a good part of the game, which means a higher budget than what it’s usually given to ports. If I remember right, there are some bosses that rely heavily on the two screen mechanics. Plus, Zero was already panned by the critics, and they would have to make a brilliant (read: expensive) marketing campaign to turn the impressions of the game around.

It’s the same reason we haven’t seen XCX at the end of the day- the amount of work and money needed for a port simply doesn’t make sense considering the potential profits. Captain Toad didn’t need the second screen at all so it was an easy port to make.

EvilLucario

@Luna_110 Xenoblade X isn't that dependent on the GamePad. I've played without using the secondary screen much because my monitor couldn't output sound, so I plugged in headphones into the GamePad and had it display the game itself. And playing on the GamePad the entire time is feasible, if just annoying as heck due to the small screen.

Metroid, Xenoblade, EarthBound shill

I run a YouTube/Twitch channel for fun. Check me out if you want to!

Please let me know before you send me a FC request, thanks.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

Luna_110

@EvilLucario
No to the degree Zero is, but still would require a fair amount of work due to Frontier Nav. If you were playing on the big screen, the game assume you could access it at any moment, but you’d probably have to change some dialogue, options, and make the game simply stop every time you want to tinker with it, and all that means money that Nintendo probably feels is better spent on whatever new project Monolith is working now.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic