Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 41,061 to 41,080 of 69,981

Buizel

@Grumblevolcano As someone who played TP on Wii (and on day 1, with Wii Sports!) I was actually quite disappointed that there was no option to flip the map and play Wii-style in the remaster. If the chose not to do motion controls then, I very much doubt any future release of TP will include motion controls.

At least 2'8".

Dezzy

Buizel wrote:

That said...if they do rerelease Skyward Sword, I hope they offer it without motions controls somehow. Partly so I can play in handheld mode, partly so that those who hated the motion controls can experience that fine game with fewer problems.

The motion controls were pretty much my only problem with the game. If they found a way to remove those, without losing the challenge, it would quickly become one of my favourite Zelda games.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Buizel

Unfortunate typo there...

Yeah it's a shame that we don't have a "traditional" 3D Zelda on Switch yet. I really have a taste for one at the moment, but I have little motivation to go back to the 3DS or Wii U.

Edited on by Buizel

At least 2'8".

Grumblevolcano

The CTR update is live!

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

HobbitGamer

Red Faction looks great! Played the first two missions docked in High Quality mode, and it definitely looks reMARStered. I haven’t played it since the original release, so it was a blast to go back in. If you’re a shoulder button aim down sights player like me, you’ll promptly want to swap to controller config Alternate 3, FYI. I’m gonna try some more tomorrow, as it’s Mario time now.

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

Grumblevolcano

I guess NES announcement must be next week then (announce 9th July, release 17th July), if the announcement was coming today it would've happened almost an hour ago.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

EvilLucario

I'm really late on this but God Eater 3 seems like a pretty cool port. Not gonna get it immediately since I've already got other games to play, but it's cool.

Metroid, Xenoblade, EarthBound shill

I run a YouTube/Twitch channel for fun. Check me out if you want to!

Please let me know before you send me a FC request, thanks.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

DenDen

@Dezzy motion controles are the only problem with that problem, besides that its an amazing expirience

Now playing
Nexomon
Dicey Dungeons
UnderMine
Steamworld Quest

FC - SW 2926-4689-1966

Switch Friend Code: Sw-2926-4689-1966 | My Nintendo: DenDen

Tangerine

linq wrote:

I'm honestly surprised they haven't released Wind Waker HD on Switch. It was already ported to the Wii U and should be relatively easy to port to Switch. I had it on GameCube but never finished it so I'd love to see it on switch.

I so hope it is ported eventually. Wind Waker is one of my favourite games!

Edited on by Eel

Tangerine

JoyBoy

NorseGamerTommy wrote:

Wind Waker next year to tide us over for BotW Sequel, please.

But next year the sequel will release... right? RIGHT!?

SW-7849-9887-2074

3DS Friend Code: 3754-7789-7523 | Nintendo Network ID: Longforgotten

Magician

Spanjard wrote:

NorseGamerTommy wrote:

Wind Waker next year to tide us over for BotW Sequel, please.

But next year the sequel will release... right? RIGHT!?

March 2021 most likely.

Switch Physical Collection - 1,247 games (as of April 15th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

NEStalgia

@Dezzy Of course with Switch they don't actually need to remove motion controls...... They could keep it as-is. They could add touch screen functionality for docked mode....eww...it would play like that Elder Scrolls mobile game.....or Infintiy Blade....mostly the same thing anyway,.

NEStalgia

rallydefault

@Magician
Don't say 2021. Everyone here is convinced it will be next year. They have sensitive stomachs.

Just kidding. About one of those things.

Sorry, feeling punchy today lol Back to Mario Maker 2! Did the story mode and just made my first level. Gonna post it up in the other thread; give it a try!

rallydefault

Grumblevolcano

I've been thinking. With Square Enix essentially unleashing the Playstation era Final Fantasy and Activision with Playstation era Crash + Spyro on XB1 and Switch in 2018-2019, I wonder if the same will happen with Tomb Raider as we approach the franchise's 25th anniversary in 2021. It would be really cool to have the PS1 games on a recent console (may as well also have PS2's Angel of Darkness).

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Buizel

@Grumblevolcano I'd love a rerelease of the PC versions* of Tomb Raider on Switch!

*to avoid the horrible save systems of the PS1 versions

At least 2'8".

WebHead

So been thinking of star fox and f zero today.

To be honest I think its time we moved on.

If F-Zero was coming back it'd have happened by now. Shiggy just ain't interested.

And Star Fox Zero didnt do great and the truth is there isnt really a market for on rail shooters anymore outside VR.

WebHead

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3217-6922 | Nintendo Network ID: JTPrime

Dezzy

I wish they'd do Fire Emblem DLC as just 1 big story campaign. A bit like the Xenoblade 2 DLC.

I always lose track of all the small additions they have, and usually just end up ignoring it.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Grumblevolcano

@Dezzy Xenoblade 2 DLC was in multiple batches too, just that the last one was a big prequel story.

Grumblevolcano

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic