Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 41,041 to 41,060 of 41,682

NintendoByNature

I kinda want to play punch out special edition where little Mac just dodges a punch and whoever you fight just wiffs, falls over and Mario counts 10 on em

Edited on by NintendoByNature

NintendoByNature

rallydefault

@link3710
Yea, I mean, I'm part of the problem. I ponied up for Xbox Live on my 360 with everyone else. It's just depressing that gamers didn't make a stand against this kind of stuff when it first started happening. Whether it's paid online for consoles, microtransactions, ridiculous Early Access games on Steam at stupid prices, "founders packs" for various PC games that sometimes cost multiple hundreds of dollars, free-to-play "games."

When I was growing up (grabs cane and waves it in the air), paid "DLC" was almost 100% in the form of huge expansion packs for PC games. I vividly remember buying most expansion packs for like 20 bucks. And now, we look back at the (in)famous example of the Oblivion horse armor DLC that was like 15-20 bucks to put some pixelated padding on your horse. I feel like that should have been a point where we wised up and refused to go down this path.

Does anybody remember how much they paid for WoW's betas back in 2004? Does anyone remember what other game they had to buy to get access? Nope and nope - it was all free. Wanna sign up for a lot of betas today? Pony up some cash. Or buy this other game to get access. Or, if on console, you must have that console's online service. I'm happy I got to try Anthem and Division 2 on my PC for free this year, but those are now the exceptions, not the rule. PC is definitely the easiest space to try and avoid a lot of this crud, but even there it's getting harder.

Edited on by rallydefault

rallydefault

Grumblevolcano

@rallydefault Switch is the easiest though I could see there being a point where betas are NSO exclusive in the future (maybe another meaning of "special offers").

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

RR529

Opened up my import copy of Onimusha Warlords today! It's just the standard release, but it has a reversible cover and a little folded up instruction pamphlet, which are nice touches. As far as the game itself, I played up to the point I was able to save after the first boss fight, and while it is a bit dated in places, I like the setting and have been finding it pretty fun so far.

I also finished up all the single player levels in Boxboy+Boxgirl this morning, including "a Tall Tale", with all goals met. That was actually pretty good and worth the $10.

Currently Playing:
Switch - NSMBU Deluxe
PS4 - Moss

WebHead

Man they really need to add SNES games soon.

Also anyone think Switch Mini could be announced this month?

WebHead

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3217-6922 | Nintendo Network ID: JTPrime

NintendoByNature

@WebHead agree on the snes, I'd actually like original gameboy games to show up. Granted, both systems are old, outdated, and so on. At least gameboy games haven't had much exposure other than the 40-50 games on 3ds vc.. I'd like to play some Super Mario land on my t.v. as well as links awakening( dx or not), and some donkey Kong land. To be honest, the games that most excite me about the castlevania collection are the gameboy games. I know they have their issues but playing them on a tv sounds pretty rad to me

Edited on by NintendoByNature

NintendoByNature

WebHead

@NintendoByNature GB games would be good to due to probable switch mini and 30th anniversary of GB

WebHead

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3217-6922 | Nintendo Network ID: JTPrime

Grumblevolcano

@WebHead I think SNES is going to be one of those "out in a week or so" announcements for a September Direct to tie into 1 year anniversary of NSO. There's plenty more NES games left of similar status to this month's games.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Magician

WebHead wrote:

Also anyone think Switch Mini could be announced this month?

I really hope so. I'm on my third set of joy-cons because of wear and tear. Clearly the build quality isn't all that great for these things. And on top of that, my right joy-con has ceased charging while fully seated with the console. So if I don't offset the right joy-con while charging I'll come back to a fully charged Switch and a right joy-con with zero charge.

So from my perspective, a Switch that has no detachable joy-cons can't arrive soon enough.

Edited on by Magician

Switch Physical Collection - 334 games (as of May 24th, 2019)
Currently playing: Final Fantasy XII (Switch) Mary Skelter (PS Vita) Monster Hunter World (PS4)
Favorite Quote: "Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." -Arthur C. Clarke

NintendoByNature

@Magician im still on my first set of joy con that I've had since launch but im afraid that won't be much longer. My right joy con does the exact same thing as yours. Don't know if it's a switch issue or a joy con issue since i don't have other joy cons to test it on.

NintendoByNature

JaxonH

SNES and GBA at the bare minimum. I won’t suffer GameBoy. We’ll riot in this piece if Nintendo tries to pull that one on us

Preferably we’d see N64 as well, and in a perfect world, GameCube and Wii too. But... it’s not a perfect World, and we’re dealing with Nintendo rather than Santa Clause, so right now I feel like even SNES/GBA would be a generational victory

NOW PLAYING
NS: Final Fantasy XII, Final Fantasy X, Dragon’s Dogma, Mortal Kombat XI, Darksiders, Cuphead, Hellblade, Trials Rising
X1: Trials Evolution
GPD Win 2: Fire Emblem Path of Radiance
3DS/Wii U/PS4/PSVR//Vita/PC/Rift: [nothing]

Jesus is Lord.

My Nintendo: JaxonH

Magician

Ugh, this five-week slog to E3 is going to be brutal. I'm more eager for third party announcements than I should be, considering my backlog. Ubisoft, Square Enix, Capcom, and Bandai Namco have supported the Switch better than most other AAA publishers, so I expect one Switch announcement from each of them at E3, though not necessarily during the Direct.

But I have exceptionally high expectations for the mid-tier publishers. Nicalis, THQ Nordic, and Sega especially. Then LRG also has their E3 presentation. I assume they'll announce physical releases for Va-ll Hall-a, Grim Fandango, Firewatch, Aqua Kitty DX, 2064: Read Only Memories, etc.

Edited on by Magician

Switch Physical Collection - 334 games (as of May 24th, 2019)
Currently playing: Final Fantasy XII (Switch) Mary Skelter (PS Vita) Monster Hunter World (PS4)
Favorite Quote: "Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." -Arthur C. Clarke

DarthNocturnal

I wouldn't say no to Game Boy... but yeah, I'd love to be able to play Golden Sun (and other GBA games) on the go, without needing to dig up my GBA or DS.

Although, a remake of GS would be even better.

"Sometimes, I just don't understand human behavior" - C-3P0

ReaderRagfish

As I've said before, for pretty much any Nintendo console they might give us I'll already have played most of the big games on it. So there's really not a specific console I particularly want included with Switch online, I'll just take what ever they give us.

...Unless they give us N64 games with online multiplayer, which would be amazing. I'd love to destroy some people in Bomberman 64 or Mario Tennis.

Still waiting for Atlus to make Snowboard Kids 3

jak1one

Hello everyone, i have got a question: i have some problems with my joycons, the sticks are not responding correctly; so i wanted to buy a pro controller to substitute them. Does it have the same problems? Will my character walk without input after 6 months like happened with my joycons? Want to know because it costs 70€ here in Italy, so i don't want to buy it and regret my purchase. Also, this is the first time i have to change a controller in 18 years playing videogames. Shame on ni.ntendo

jak1one

Anti-Matter

Something that we really want to play on Nintendo Switch...
Untitled

Edited on by Anti-Matter

My Top 6 games :
1. Dance Dance Revolution series (100)
2. Dragon Quest Builders 2 PS4/Switch (95)
3. The Sims 4 PS4 + All contents (93)
4. Portal Knights PS4 (90)
5. Final Fantasy VIII PS1 (90)
6. Animal Crossing New Leaf: Welcome Amiibo 3DS (89)

Switch Friend Code: SW-8364-7166-5608 | 3DS Friend Code: 2638-4872-0879 | Nintendo Network ID: TAGunderground

_JEM_

@jak1one Personally, I've nothing but praise for the Pro Controller. I've owned three of them for nearly two years now and they've all been incredibly stable, despite regular use. They fit my medium sized hands perfectly and the buttons are just firm enough for my liking. They can take their fair share of abuse and the charge time is about 6hrs when fully drained, so quite reasonable.

Going on the reviews and public forums I've come across, they're arguably the most stable controllers on the market. I would rate them a cut above the X-box One controller, especially when it comes to button durability.

Some people say the d-pad isn't 100% accurate on a few games such as Puyo Puyo Tetris, though I rarely use this feature tbh and on the few occasions I have, have had 0 issues.

They've probably been my best purchase for the Switch up to this point despite initial hesitations about the price. You may well struggle to go back to the joy-cons once you start using them

_JEM_

jak1one

_JEM_ wrote:

@jak1one Personally, I've nothing but praise for the Pro Controller. I've owned three of them for nearly two years now and they've all been incredibly stable, despite regular use. They fit my medium sized hands perfectly and the buttons are just firm enough for my liking. They can take their fair share of abuse and the charge time is about 6hrs when fully drained, so quite reasonable.

Going on the reviews and public forums I've come across, they're arguably the most stable controllers on the market. I would rate them a cut above the X-box One controller, especially when it comes to button durability.

Some people say the d-pad isn't 100% accurate on a few games such as Puyo Puyo Tetris, though I rarely use this feature tbh and on the few occasions I have, have had 0 issues.

They've probably been my best purchase for the Switch up to this point despite initial hesitations about the price. You may well struggle to go back to the joy-cons once you start using them

Thanks a lot! I am going to buy one next week

jak1one

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic