Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 41,021 to 41,040 of 45,702

JaxonH

SNES and GBA at the bare minimum. I won’t suffer GameBoy. We’ll riot in this piece if Nintendo tries to pull that one on us

Preferably we’d see N64 as well, and in a perfect world, GameCube and Wii too. But... it’s not a perfect World, and we’re dealing with Nintendo rather than Santa Clause, so right now I feel like even SNES/GBA would be a generational victory

PLAYING
NS: Fire Emblem Three Houses, Dragon Quest Builders 2, Marvel Ultimate Alliance
Vita: Super Monkey Ball: Banana Splitz

Jesus is Lord.

CLICK HERE For My Switch Collection

Magician

Ugh, this five-week slog to E3 is going to be brutal. I'm more eager for third party announcements than I should be, considering my backlog. Ubisoft, Square Enix, Capcom, and Bandai Namco have supported the Switch better than most other AAA publishers, so I expect one Switch announcement from each of them at E3, though not necessarily during the Direct.

But I have exceptionally high expectations for the mid-tier publishers. Nicalis, THQ Nordic, and Sega especially. Then LRG also has their E3 presentation. I assume they'll announce physical releases for Va-ll Hall-a, Grim Fandango, Firewatch, Aqua Kitty DX, 2064: Read Only Memories, etc.

Edited on by Magician

Switch Physical Collection - 408 games (as of September 17th, 2019)
Currently playing: Dead or School (Switch) Sly Cooper (PS Vita)
Favorite Quote: "Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." -Arthur C. Clarke

DarthNocturnal

I wouldn't say no to Game Boy... but yeah, I'd love to be able to play Golden Sun (and other GBA games) on the go, without needing to dig up my GBA or DS.

Although, a remake of GS would be even better.

"Sometimes, I just don't understand human behavior" - C-3P0

RedderRugfish

As I've said before, for pretty much any Nintendo console they might give us I'll already have played most of the big games on it. So there's really not a specific console I particularly want included with Switch online, I'll just take what ever they give us.

...Unless they give us N64 games with online multiplayer, which would be amazing. I'd love to destroy some people in Bomberman 64 or Mario Tennis.

Mario Maker 2: JN2-5GV-VTF
Latest Level: The Mario Repair Shop 361-D5D-1CG

jak1one

Hello everyone, i have got a question: i have some problems with my joycons, the sticks are not responding correctly; so i wanted to buy a pro controller to substitute them. Does it have the same problems? Will my character walk without input after 6 months like happened with my joycons? Want to know because it costs 70€ here in Italy, so i don't want to buy it and regret my purchase. Also, this is the first time i have to change a controller in 18 years playing videogames. Shame on ni.ntendo

jak1one

Anti-Matter

Something that we really want to play on Nintendo Switch...
Untitled

Edited on by Anti-Matter

My Top 6 games :
1. Dance Dance Revolution series (100)
2. Dragon Quest Builders 2 PS4/Switch (95)
3. The Sims 4 PS4 + All contents (93)
4. Portal Knights PS4 (90)
5. Final Fantasy VIII PS1 (90)
6. Animal Crossing New Leaf: Welcome Amiibo 3DS (89)

Switch Friend Code: SW-8364-7166-5608 | 3DS Friend Code: 2638-4872-0879 | Nintendo Network ID: TAGunderground

_JEM_

@jak1one Personally, I've nothing but praise for the Pro Controller. I've owned three of them for nearly two years now and they've all been incredibly stable, despite regular use. They fit my medium sized hands perfectly and the buttons are just firm enough for my liking. They can take their fair share of abuse and the charge time is about 6hrs when fully drained, so quite reasonable.

Going on the reviews and public forums I've come across, they're arguably the most stable controllers on the market. I would rate them a cut above the X-box One controller, especially when it comes to button durability.

Some people say the d-pad isn't 100% accurate on a few games such as Puyo Puyo Tetris, though I rarely use this feature tbh and on the few occasions I have, have had 0 issues.

They've probably been my best purchase for the Switch up to this point despite initial hesitations about the price. You may well struggle to go back to the joy-cons once you start using them

_JEM_

jak1one

_JEM_ wrote:

@jak1one Personally, I've nothing but praise for the Pro Controller. I've owned three of them for nearly two years now and they've all been incredibly stable, despite regular use. They fit my medium sized hands perfectly and the buttons are just firm enough for my liking. They can take their fair share of abuse and the charge time is about 6hrs when fully drained, so quite reasonable.

Going on the reviews and public forums I've come across, they're arguably the most stable controllers on the market. I would rate them a cut above the X-box One controller, especially when it comes to button durability.

Some people say the d-pad isn't 100% accurate on a few games such as Puyo Puyo Tetris, though I rarely use this feature tbh and on the few occasions I have, have had 0 issues.

They've probably been my best purchase for the Switch up to this point despite initial hesitations about the price. You may well struggle to go back to the joy-cons once you start using them

Thanks a lot! I am going to buy one next week

jak1one

Dogorilla

Vs Excitebike is an interesting choice for NES Online. So far, Famicom-exclusive games have only been released on the Japanese version of the app, but Vs Excitebike is a Famicom Disk System game and that's coming to the west as well.

I still don't understand what the advantage of having a Switch Mini without detachable Joy-Cons would be. Presumably it would be compatible with Joy-Cons but even then, some Labo kits would be completely unplayable due to the different shape and size of the system, and you'd have to buy Joy-Cons to play games such as 1-2-Switch and Fitness Boxing, and motion controlled modes in Arms, Mario Tennis, and Go Vacation, among others. I don't see why Nintendo would bring out a new version of the Switch that offers less than the original. (I know this is the same company that released a 3DS without 3D, but at least that was still compatible with all original 3DS games.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3NCyD3XoJgM

Grumblevolcano

@Dogorilla I think it's because of VC, there's 4 1st party Famicom exclusives that were released for VC in the west.

SMB The Lost Levels (Wii VC, 3DS VC, Wii U VC)
Vs. Excitebike (Wii U VC in NA)
Mother (Wii U VC)
The Mysterious Murasame Castle (3DS VC)

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Dogorilla

@Grumblevolcano Ah I didn't know it had been released on Wii U in NA. Hopefully we'll get Mother and Muramase Castle on Switch too then.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3NCyD3XoJgM

NintendoByNature

So am I right that our 1st super Nintendo game on switch will be super castlevania?

NintendoByNature

toiletduck

jak1one wrote:

Hello everyone, i have got a question: i have some problems with my joycons, the sticks are not responding correctly; so i wanted to buy a pro controller to substitute them. Does it have the same problems? Will my character walk without input after 6 months like happened with my joycons? Want to know because it costs 70€ here in Italy, so i don't want to buy it and regret my purchase. Also, this is the first time i have to change a controller in 18 years playing videogames. Shame on ni.ntendo

Your controllers may not be broken. I've had similar issues. I did two things to successfully fix this: 1) update the joycons (which you've probably done) and 2) make sure there's absolutely NO interference with other devices. Moving my switch a bit further from my PS4 (which wasn't even on) did the trick.

All this a side, you can't go wrong with adding a pro controller to your setup.

toiletduck

EvilLucario

@NintendoByNature Nope. We had Mega Man X on Switch for almost a year by this point.

Metroid, Xenoblade, EarthBound shill

I run a YouTube/Twitch channel for fun. Check me out if you want to!

Please let me know before you send me a FC request, thanks.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

link3710

@JaxonH I'd honestly probably prefer Gameboy over SNES. There's a ton of GB games I haven't had a chance to play, while I've more or less finished off the SNES library. Not that I wouldn't play Super Metroid or Link to the Past or Super Mario World for the 15th time, but GB (assuming we're including the GBC exclusives) has a wide array of interesting titles. Though, with so many I want to play being third party I don't know what they'd actually provide of interest.

link3710

Magician

EvilLucario wrote:

@NintendoByNature Nope. We had Mega Man X on Switch for almost a year by this point.

And Secret of Mana before that. Although it's all in Japanese.

Edited on by Magician

Switch Physical Collection - 408 games (as of September 17th, 2019)
Currently playing: Dead or School (Switch) Sly Cooper (PS Vita)
Favorite Quote: "Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." -Arthur C. Clarke

JaxonH

@link3710
I just have no interest in GameBoy. NES is bad enough, and would like to move forward with modernity rather than backward. I don’t care if they bring them along with SNES/GBA, but if they think GB games are gonna help sell the online service, I think they’ll discover most people will be even less interested than NES.

PLAYING
NS: Fire Emblem Three Houses, Dragon Quest Builders 2, Marvel Ultimate Alliance
Vita: Super Monkey Ball: Banana Splitz

Jesus is Lord.

CLICK HERE For My Switch Collection

Grumblevolcano

@link3710 GB/GBC would be rather limited. 3rd parties generally have gone for collections over being a part of NSO, Tetris probably wouldn't come because of Tetris 99, Game Freak probably wouldn't allow Pokemon RBY and GSC because of Let's Go, there's probably not much difference between Link's Awakening GB and Link's Awakening Switch, etc.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic