Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 41,001 to 41,020 of 41,751

Magician

Octane wrote:

So... how about Pikmin 4?

Technically finished, yet Nintendo holds it from release...for whatever reason.

Honestly any entry made available on Switch would be welcomed.

Switch Physical Collection - 327 games (as of May 17th, 2019)
Currently playing: Final Fantasy XII (Switch) Mary Skelter (PS Vita) Monster Hunter World (PS4)
Favorite Quote: "Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." -Arthur C. Clarke

FragRed

@JaxonH The Switch port being of the 3DS game and selling so incredibly well wouldn't require a massive team, and the fact it sold so well despite being a port says to me that Capcom may well do the same thing again - porting another 3DS game to the Switch. Capcom do love porting old games, especially to the Switch where it requires low costs/small development teams but so far has seen huge sales in comparison. So much easier and cheaper than going out of your way to develop a brand new release just for the system.

ENGAGE VG: www.engagevg.com

DannyBoi

I have a quite bad issssue with my switch battery.It is taking longer than it should to charge[sometimes 6-7 hours] but it drains in 3-4 hours like is usual. It has been charged 400 times. The battery indicator is also innacurate. what is going on any idea?

Destiny, justice and retribrution will be mine.

Grumblevolcano

I think Nintendo will do the Bayonetta treatment for a lot of the remaining ports. Announce the port and then announce the new game straight after. 3D World being a main exception as it seems 3D World's future is in 2D (Mario Maker 2) so the new game announcement's coming first.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

JaxonH

@FragRed
Nah. Not for MH.

It sold well for a third port. But it only did 25% of what the original release sold. They port alot of games that have never been on the system, and thus have alot of demand. Porting games that already sold to the fanbase only goes so far. Generations Ultimate was it, just to get a MH game on the system as fans were thirsty.

They're not gonna port another 3DS MH game, of that you can be certain. They'll want that 5 million + from a new entry, as they have always made new entries for Nintendo in the past. Only MH port we may see is a portable version of World. If they port, they'll port that. Otherwise itll be a new game.

Edited on by JaxonH

NOW PLAYING
NS: Final Fantasy XII, Final Fantasy X, Dragon’s Dogma, Mortal Kombat XI, Darksiders, Cuphead, Hellblade, Trials Rising
X1: Trials Evolution
GPD Win 2: Fire Emblem Path of Radiance
3DS/Wii U/PS4/PSVR//Vita/PC/Rift: [nothing]

Jesus is Lord.

My Nintendo: JaxonH

Magician

@Grumblevolcano - Meh. Labo VR holds no interest for me. Especially with PS5 and PSVR 2.0 right around the corner.

Switch Physical Collection - 327 games (as of May 17th, 2019)
Currently playing: Final Fantasy XII (Switch) Mary Skelter (PS Vita) Monster Hunter World (PS4)
Favorite Quote: "Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." -Arthur C. Clarke

NEStalgia

@JaxonH Please let it be a new game that fixes the catastrophically broken coop.....

NEStalgia

PikPi

It's earth day. It makes sense they'd use Pikmin. I'm not taking that as a tease anymore than those Animal Crossing pics for Spring were a tease.

Edited on by PikPi

PikPi

NintendoByNature

Saints row is already discounted on the eshop for anyone interested

NintendoByNature

JaxonH

@NEStalgia
???

Co-op in World? Co-op in Gen Ultimate was definitely not broken, not even remotely close. World had easy co-op, but I wouldn't say broken.

NOW PLAYING
NS: Final Fantasy XII, Final Fantasy X, Dragon’s Dogma, Mortal Kombat XI, Darksiders, Cuphead, Hellblade, Trials Rising

Jesus is Lord.

NEStalgia

@JaxonH Yeah, World. The whole "can't start a quest together" mess really killed it for me, sadly Ultimate got that part right, of course.

NEStalgia

k8sMum

I'm finally getting a Switch. My question is: do I get Breath of the Wild or Super Mario Odyssey first.

I love both franchises...

'Omnes Qui Errant Non Pereunt' Tolkien
'God is a kid with an antfarm.' "Constantine"
3ds friend code: 0860 3849 6133
Caitlin's Memorial Site

Tsurii

@NEStalgia that's only because they had to combine singleplayer/"story" (lol, as if) and multiplayer. If they learned anything from World it should be that they just need to force solo play on the actual story missions and make everything in between multiplayer. Bamm. Fixed. World solo is A LOT easier than multiplayer anyway, so them nubs (I'm joking, get the pitchforks down you [expletive]) can't whine about walls in the game.
Apart from that multiplayer/coop is literally like it was in any other game in the series, which only makes that stipulation more baffling.

What a beautiful signature.
Chew.

Switch FC SW-2755-1473-1221
3DS FC 0662-8621-2250

Twitter, not like there's anything interesting on there

FragRed

@k8sMum Firstly, congratulations! Secondly - why not both? Also what accessories you getting?

ENGAGE VG: www.engagevg.com

JaxonH

@NEStalgia
Ohhhh, I thought you meant broken as in "too easy to wreck monsters". Ya no, totally agree. That was hogwash

NOW PLAYING

Jesus is Lord.

Tsurii

@JaxonH easier is just about the opposite of what multiplayer in world is haha
They really overdid it with the scaling for multiple players. Those break and stagger thresholds are too darn high. It's really telling when I can keep Nergigante almost entirely from growing his spikes fully on my own but rarely ever see a full group break more than one, maaaaybe two, sets of the white spikes in a hunt. It usually doesn't take much longer, if at all, but all the ailments, KO, stagger etc are nonsense on MP-scaled monsters.

What a beautiful signature.
Chew.

Switch FC SW-2755-1473-1221
3DS FC 0662-8621-2250

Twitter, not like there's anything interesting on there

Ralizah

@k8sMum I think BotW is the better game (still my favorite on the Switch), but it's very different from previous entries. SMO, while it has a different progression structure (more of a collect-a-thon than previous 3D games, imo), still feels like an evolution of what came before it.

BotW is challenging (at the start) and epic. You can lose yourself in the wilds of Hyrule for hours on end as you hunt down shrines/solve puzzles/ambush enemies/find towns/tame horses/etc. SMO, on the other hand, is extremely approachable and is tightly constructed so that you're constantly seeing new stuff.

Ralizah

k8sMum

@FragRed
I have a hard time spending large amounts of money on myself so baby steps are best, heheh. One good game to start so I don't freak out. I do have a new 128 sd card.

@Ralizah
I remember being blown away by Mario 64 til it all just seemed like open world nothingness. Same with Skyward Sword, which really disappointed me. Does the open world aspect of BoTW have enough to do to justify itself?

I will have both games eventually. I'm just having a hard time deciding which one to get first for the new system.

Edited on by k8sMum

'Omnes Qui Errant Non Pereunt' Tolkien
'God is a kid with an antfarm.' "Constantine"
3ds friend code: 0860 3849 6133
Caitlin's Memorial Site

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic