Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 40,921 to 40,940 of 69,981

Grumblevolcano

Wii U has a system update out now!

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

rallydefault

@NEStalgia
That's all true... IF you completely ignore Nintendo's (growing) mobile presence.

rallydefault

Dezzy

Harmonie wrote:

@Dezzy BoTW definitely still has frame rate drops on the Switch, especially in areas like Rito Village and Korok Forest.

I can't remember having many problems with BoTW on the Wii U. I haven't recognized any difference in how the game runs from system to system, TBH. The only reason I double dipped on the Switch was to have it to play portable.

Yes, it's not that big a difference overall. Not at all gamebreaking or enough to ruin the experience.
The Wii U was quite a lot worse at launch, but the various patches have reduced those issues. The remaining issues are just in the main towns. I think Gerudo town is the only one that runs at constant 30fps on the Wii U. The others all have noticeable drops. Whereas they're all more or less perfect on Switch. Korok forest is bad still but then I hardly ever go there!

I didn't intend to portray it as a major issue though. It's definitely not. But given that I owned the Wii U version, so could sell it on ebay for pretty much the same price I got the Switch version for, it's absolutely worth the upgrade. Especially when you include the higher resolution and portability.

Edited on by Dezzy

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Magician

WebHead wrote:

Ouch. Quite a downgrade.

Hardly a fair comparison considering the Switch is about a quarter as powerful as a PS4 Pro.

Edit: Actually it's worse than that. PS4 Pro's memory bandwidth is 217GB/s while the Switch's is 25GB/s, nearly a tenth as powerful.

Edited on by Magician

Switch Physical Collection - 1,247 games (as of April 15th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

WebHead

@Magician even so theres a clear difference. Pritty sure base PS4 is the same as pro just at 1080p rather than 4k. Gotta be honest the switch version looks like a 3DS game.

WebHead

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3217-6922 | Nintendo Network ID: JTPrime

BruceCM

I really hardly noticed the difference in the video .... Thing is, this sort of game really should run perfectly well on Switch If it really is running noticeably worse, I'd wonder why

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

Ralizah

WebHead wrote:

Gotta be honest the switch version looks like a 3DS game.

Which tells me that you either don't remember what 3DS games look like, or you're exaggerating for effect.

There's a noticeable downgrade, but it still looks like the same game. The most notable change is to the way environments are lit, interestingly.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

HobbitGamer

Wouldn’t be a downgrade to me, since I don’t have a (insert comparison platform), just my Switch. So there’s that to consider.

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

Ryu_Niiyama

Still looks good to me. As long as the framerate doesn't chug I'll be fine. I won't get it until the end of the year though. Not a 'vania fan in general.

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

GrailUK

As long as it plays well. No one in their right mind is expecting PS4 Pro performance on a Switch right? Surely.

I never drive faster than I can see. Besides, it's all in the reflexes.

Switch FC: SW-0287-5760-4611

Therad

The switch port should absolutely not have to be downgraded like that for a game with that kind of graphic. It isn't like it is a graphical marvel or anything.

Therad

WebHead

@Therad thats the point im trying to make. I'm sure its still great to play regardless I just posted it to give a heads up. Idk why some get so defensive.

WebHead

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3217-6922 | Nintendo Network ID: JTPrime

HobbitGamer

No one got defensive. But you’re also not just giving a heads up. It’s all good, though.

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

Ralizah

They released an update on the kickstarter addressing the Switch version.

"We have been listening to the feedback regarding Switch performance. Our goal is for everyone, regardless of platform, to be able to enjoy the game and have it run smoothly. We want to live up to your, and our, expectations.

Throughout the QA process we have been addressing performance issues in the game. Update 1.01 was published to Switch prior to launch to add content and improve performance. It did not accomplish as much as we had hoped and we need to do more.

To address the concerns brought up by the community we are immediately shifting resources to improve performance and stability for the Switch. You can expect a number of small updates that will improve different areas of the game rather than waiting longer for one big update. We will have more details as we dive into the work.

We thank you for your patience and apologize for the inconvenience."

I like how responsive to fan feedback they are. Good to hear the game will continue to receive support.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

HobbitGamer

@Ralizah yeah that’s always great to see. Especially considering they don’t have to do anything at all once it’s out

@NintendoByNature @bimmy-lee I went ahead and prepurchased Gaveyard Keeper, because of course I would.

#MudStrongs

bimmy-lee

@HobbitGamer - I knew it! I’ve had an eye on it as well. It looks really good, but I’ve never played a farm/work sim like that. I’ve come close to nabbing Stardew, but this seems way more up my alley aesthetically.

limby-bee was a jerk.

My Nintendo: RedNestor

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic