Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 40,241 to 40,260 of 69,962

Octane

@redd214 Ouch, that's expensive. I'm so glad I've never had a controller fail on me before. I guess I'm just incredibly lucky.

Octane

redd214

@Octane yeah it's a pain. First couple sets I just chalked it up to my kids being clumsy but when my personal Joycons (that the have never even touched) started doing the same thing, makes me think they're just fragile in general. Never had issues with any others, even my original nes controllers from 1990 still work!

redd214

Ryu_Niiyama

Agreed. I feel like it is the size and durability of the parts that cause the issue, but I'm not sure how Nintendo is going to fix it. The joycons are too expensive to keep fixing (I sent in my first pair and they didn't fix them) so I'm going to try the aftermarket parts eventually. But I'm going to be working more so I won't worry about it for now.

Sakuna: Of Rice and Ruin looks really good. I never finished Citizens of Earth but I liked it enough to buy the sequel day one.

Edited on by Ryu_Niiyama

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

Ralizah

I had a tad bit of drift crop up in my launch joycons a few months back. Canned air, aggressive recalibration, and plain luck seems to have mostly addressed the issue.

Currently Playing: Advance Wars 1 + 2: Re- Boot Camp (NS)

Anti-Matter

Some peoples keep complaining about Open World details. šŸ¤Ø
Pokemon Sword / Shield have their own Open World style, maybe less details than BOTW, but who cares?
Kids will not noticed too many details on every environments.
As long the gameplay is interesting, they will not complaining on every single things.

Anti-Matter

WebHead

@Ryu_Niiyama that sucks. Nintendo should definitely try to fix the joycons before they release a "pro" model.

WebHead

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3217-6922 | Nintendo Network ID: JTPrime

Ryu_Niiyama

^ personally I'd rather see a shorter console cycle with a Switch 2 rather than a minor upgrade for full price. I miss when the console launch...was the console launch and not the bandaid/early adopter beta until the real version comes out.

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

gcunit

@JaxonH Sorry if I buzz-killed you at all, honestly not my intent. I wasn't being completely literal when I said Sw/Shi looked like a 3DS game, I was referring to the sense I was getting from it that it seemed it was just a 3DS PokƩmon engine with a prettier skin and (a bit) more freedom of movement. And Dynamax.

In March 2017 Nintendo gave us a 2015/16 Wii U game that shook the world with it's art style, physics engine and sense of freedom, and 2 and half years later Gamefreak can only muster a free camera in a particular zone... SMH.

I'm not part of the PokƩmon hardcore - I've only accrued about 25 hours of main series play (all in the last 4 years) - but I like the IP and just struggle to accept the lack of ambition in the game design.

As for Fire Emblem 3H, we'll just have to agree to disagree. I've no doubt that gameplay-wise it will be very engaging, but I'm genuinely a bit taken aback at how little effort seems to have gone into the visuals.

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

MsJubilee

This Witcher 3 rumor. Everyone is talking about how it will run and look,but what about the
Switch battery life when playing it?
I'm guessing it's gonna last for a good hour, if the game ever gets ported.

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

I'm currently playing Assassin's Creed: Revelations & Watch Dogs 2

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

GrailUK

Bah, no time for Witcher 3 (I mean, who has even heard of that game!?!). I can't bear the wait. SEGA have just renewed another trademark for Monkey Ball Banana Blitz. So this and the 'ripe' one the other week...surely...

Edited on by GrailUK

I never drive faster than I can see. Besides, it's all in the reflexes.

Switch FC: SW-0287-5760-4611

Ralizah

@MsJubilee I don't see why it'd be significantly shorter than any other game that utilizes boost mode and taxes the system's resources in handheld mode. Which means between 2 - 3 hours in handheld mode. Not amazing, but not a dealbreaker if you connect it to a portable battery between sessions.

I just don't think it would run well.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Advance Wars 1 + 2: Re- Boot Camp (NS)

Buizel

Just finished Resident Evil 4 for the first time (I played it on Gamecube a decade a go, but only got so far). The game is phenomenal - definitely a highlight of the 6th generation, and still holds up well today. As much as I'm annoyed at Capcom for the Ā£30 price tag, it's still worth every penny - I definitely recommend that anyone who's not yet played it picks up on Switch.

At least 2'8".

JaxonH

@gcunit
No itā€™s fine, you feel how you feel, just seemed kinda extreme is all. I do think PokĆ©mon looks pretty slick though. Sometimes I think itā€™s easy to forget just how rudimentary games on 3DS looked and played. It still sticks to the formula but, so is Luigiā€™s Mansion 3, for example, and thatā€™s ok. It still comes across as a gorgeous high budget game built ground up for the system in question.

As for Fire Emblem, I donā€™t think strategy games are typically visual spectacles, at least, certainly not FE, but it seems in line with Path of Radiance on GC and Radiant Dawn on Wii. And we have to keep in mind, Switch is basically a PS3. I know itā€™s easy to get accustomed to PS4 and X1 games, and then feel like anything lesser than is inadequate, or at least, anything lesser than the most immaculate graphical showpieces on Switch. But... Switch is a mobile system, and the jump from 3DS has been enormous. Graphical expectations should be in line with PS3, 360 and Wii U. I know technically games might look a little better because it has more ram and all that, but from a macro perspective thatā€™s roughly on par with Switch games (pretty much the same, just a jump from 720p to 1080p). And if you take a title like say, Fire Emblem, and compare it to games on other similar hardware, itā€™s a decent looking game. I wonā€™t say itā€™s a great looking game, but it gets the job done. Certainly better than the low budget efforts Iā€™ve seen with countless other SRPGs. And after playing Awakening, Fates and Echoes, Three Houses feels like a noticeable leap forward. So from my perspective it feels like we are getting a true next generation Fire Emblem game. Because the last one I played was roughly on par with a GameCube game.

Just to provide some perspective, hereā€™s Path of Radiance (the actual Fire Emblem GameCube game). A decent looking game. Fans generally loved the look, which has been a standout for the series. Radiant Dawn on Wii looked about the same, since Wii was basically a GC with a Wiimote.

Untitled

And Three Houses with the ground level views and snazzy new redesigns. I think itā€™s a really big step forward for the series.

Untitled

Or, to give another comparison, just to show the improvement of textures and models.

Untitled

Untitled

Itā€™s not some bombastic graphical showpiece, but itā€™s a good looking game. Itā€™s an improvement over what weā€™ve seen before, and thatā€™s good enough for me.

edit
Btw, Darksiders: Genesis is officially up for preorder on Amazon now. Like, you can actually purchase it. MSRP is $39.99

Edited on by JaxonH

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

IceClimbers

Apparently Battle for Bikini Bottom Rehydrated is more of a remake than a remaster and has a multiplayer mode.

Oh, and it's only $29.99. Day 1 for me!!!

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

HobbitGamer

@IceClimbers Iā€™ve never even played it, but $30 is a price I could split with my friend and be okay with. Nice!

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

rallydefault

What do you people do to your controllers? I've had my original Joycon with my launch switch console, still fine. Hundreds upon hundreds of hours.

Edited on by rallydefault

rallydefault

NintendoByNature

I have a feeling my joy con are close to death. Ever since you guys started saying you're having problems is when mine started acting up. Thanks for the JinxšŸ˜‚

NintendoByNature

HobbitGamer

I treat my cons carefully, but already got drift on the included set after 6 months. so I bought a yellow pair new at the start of the year, no issues since. I try to use my pro docked, or 8bit in tabletop, but sometimes Iā€™ve gotta play handheld.

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

JaxonH

My joycon have never had issue.

My analog of my Xenoblade Pro controller, however, seems to get dirt or dust trapped underneath on a regular basis, to where when I push UP, it intermittently activates. In the calibration screen it kind of shows a flicker. If I push the stick down and blow really hard it seems to work for another hour or so. Then Iā€™ll notice in Final Fantasy XII, when Iā€™m running forward I suddenly start walking and then running again and then walking. So I blow in it again and it fixes it for another hour or two.

Idk. Kind of annoying but not the end of the world.

Oddly, the issue only started once everyone else started talking about ā€œdriftā€ with their joycon.

Sakuna: Of Rice and Ruin (a play on ā€œOf Mice and Menā€ perhaps?), one of Xseedā€™s coming titles, looks very interesting.

Edited on by JaxonH

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Therad

@Link-Hero It is mostly the set pieces that are repetitive. As an example, many of the ruins are the same pieces scrambled together in different forms. The same with trees, rocks, bokoblin camps, shrines and dungeons. It is my most played game on the switch, but it isn't flawless by any means.

Therad

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic