Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 40,221 to 40,240 of 40,974

Grumblevolcano

@EvilLucario Yeah though I'd also add that stuff like the Captain Toad update and DLC not coming to Wii U is fine.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

AlohaPizzaJack

All I want from Atlas is Trauma Center.
And it’s all about me and what I want. 😛

I hopped in to Starlink to take advantage of the free pilot weekend for Karl so I could get his Equinox upgrades. Turns out I had around 60 cores, so I was able to just pop in, unlock the upgrades, and pop out. I’ll be happy when the new StarFox content hits.

I’m ready for Yoshi.

#TeamPineapple
#MeatAndGreet

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

PCkid

Hey people, I would like to know how would you feel if Nintendo will release two new Systems this summer ?
What I mean by that, a boosted Switch and a "No dock version" ?

Thank you.

PCkid

Dezzy

I'm on board. I still haven't bought a Switch but been meaning to this year at some point.

I'd buy the cheaper version provided that it allows you to buy a dock separately so it still works on a TV. That would suit me just fine. 3/4 games I'm fine playing in handheld but there are a few games (like Xenoblade) where you really need that big screen.

So they should be able to deduct the dock and the joycons from the cost, and sell it at a much more attractive price.

If they stupidly make it handheld only though, so it can't work with a dock, I think that'd be a terrible idea and wouldn't bother.

Edited on by Dezzy

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Magician

I feel as though a portable-only Switch priced below or at $200 (no joy cons, no dock, no wall charger, no hd rumble) would be the way for Nintendo to officially end the 3DS line. I can't see Nintendo releasing a Pro model this early in the Switch's lifecycle. I doubt that games developed for Switch Pro would run on a stock Switch model, no matter how low you scale them. Nope. Once the PS5 and Xbox Scarlet are released then Nintendo can pull the trigger on Switch Pro / Switch 2.

Edited on by Magician

Switch Physical Collection - 312 games (as of April 16th, 2019)
Currently playing: Steamworld Dig 2 (Switch) Mary Skelter (PS Vita)

ZedSwitch

Considering the announcement of the two Switches, is it still a good time to buy the current Switch now?

I'm going on a vacation next month, and I need something to play with while on a bus.

ZedSwitch

AlohaPizzaJack

@ZedSwitch Since it’s not an announcement, but a recycled rumor from months ago, I’d say go ahead and get a Switch.

#TeamPineapple
#MeatAndGreet

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

Octane

AlohaPizzaJack wrote:

@ZedSwitch Since it’s not an announcement, but a recycled rumor from months ago, I’d say go ahead and get a Switch.

And even if they announce a new model, you have something to get angry about on the internet. So it's a win-win.

Octane

NEStalgia

@ZedSwitch IF new hardware is actually announced you can bet it would be an August-November release, and most likely it will be a lower-end model (with maybe some wanted improvements) meant to be lower cost to sell with Pokemon on Nov/Dec, not a new "better" model (unless you were looking for a smaller, cheaper unit with maybe sturdier build or some other wanted improvements - but would be the less feature-rich model.)

Speculation, but logical speculation. Selling a proper Pokemon on a $300 home console isn't going to sit well with Pokemon Company the same way the $200 3DS didn't for X/Y, prompting the kid-proof, cheap 2DS.

Edited on by NEStalgia

NEStalgia

PikPi

I wouldn't mind a slightly beefed up Switch

PikPi

Grumblevolcano

I don't see a more powerful model happening this year but if it were to exist and was a meaningful upgrade (i.e. a way to get better 3rd party support) there'd likely be a live event to showcase its reveal.

I think it'll just be the cheaper model this year, revealed in a Direct within the next few months.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Ralizah

A $249.99 Switch Mini bundle with Pokemon or Animal Crossing would send sales skyrocketing.

Ralizah

PCkid

I don't know if some people here planned to buy Xenon Racer or not but gosh, I keep my money.

Some developers deserve to be punished, I swear.

PCkid

AlohaPizzaJack

We've heard gamers like options, so we've decided to give you more options by taking away options!
This new Nitneod Swatch Meanie can only be played in handheld or docked mode; We've gotten rid of that annoying tabletop option. We've also made it so you can't remove those pesky Joy-con that we show in all our marketing. We find that once you get a color, you like to stay with it. And who needs to play our 7 games that require you to waggle around a stick? That's just too many options if you ask us! We've also removed all that gyro nonsense, because you just need to use the FOUR NEW Dpads!

We heard you, please understand.
The new Nitneod Swatch Meanie will be available for $269.99 on April 5th. Available in any color you want!*

*As long as it's grey.

#TeamPineapple
#MeatAndGreet

SuperJoon

PCkid wrote:

I don't know if some people here planned to buy Xenon Racer or not but gosh, I keep my money.

Some developers deserve to be punished, I swear.

Looks terrible. Clunky, blurry and just plain bad.

NNID: SuperJoon | PSN: KingJoonToon

Nintendo Network ID: Superjoon | Twitter:

StuTwo

@AlohaPizzaJack

Announcing the new “Nintendo Switch less”: less cost, less hassle, less chance of breaking, less space, less cost!

Compatible with all existing Nintendo Switch games*

*some games may require wireless JoyCon controllers (Sold separately)

StuTwo

Switch Friend Code: SW-6338-4534-2507

PikPi

The New Switch*!

**Does not actually switch

PikPi

NEStalgia

@AlohaPizzaJack "We heard you, please understand.
The new Nitneod Swatch Meanie will be available for $269.99 on April 5th. Available in any color you want!*

*As long as it's grey."

*Unless you live in Japan 🌈

NEStalgia

OorWullie

Play Fab Party from Microsoft is coming to Switch. This is pretty big news.

"PlayFab Party is a set of cross-platform libraries and services for easily adding multiplayer real-time networking and chat communication to your game. Party joins PlayFab Multiplayer Servers, Matchmaking, and Leaderboards as services built to enable dynamic and inclusive community experiences."

https://gonintendo.com/stories/331547-microsoft-s-playfab-par...

Edited on by OorWullie

🇬🇧 Mr Mustard 🇹🇭
SW-6101-8403-1640

🕹️ The Nintendolife Arcade Leaderboards 🕹️

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic