Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 40,201 to 40,220 of 41,005

Grumblevolcano

SEGA did this with Sonic a few years ago followed by that infamous anniversary stream.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

EvilLucario

I can't wait for Persona 5 to come to PC so we can get mods.

Metroid, Xenoblade, EarthBound shill

I run a YouTube/Twitch channel for fun. Check me out if you want to!

Please let me know before you send me a FC request, thanks.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

IceClimbers

At this point I'm expecting anything Persona 5 related to be PS4 exclusive. No Switch or PC.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

Ralizah

Mainline Persona is Playstation-exclusive. Has been forever. No reason to think that'll change.

People will definitely be playing on PC once PS3 emulation is more consistently viable, though.

Edited on by Ralizah

Ralizah

EvilLucario

@Ralizah I've said it before and I'll keep repeating it over and over, but I still do not understand why Atlus has selective exclusivity. Like, why is SMT Nintendo exclusive and Persona Sony exclusive?

That said I understand why something like Etrian Odyssey is DS/3DS exclusive because it completely relies on the hardware. But SMT and Persona? Why???

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

Knuckles-Fajita

So as it turns the box for Persona 5 saying "Only on PlayStation" is accurate.

Though when I point this out people say "No its happening".

NLI Discord:

https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

DannyBoi

I've having a problem with my switch. When it reaches 100% the battery indicator(not the one in the top right) shows thAt it is still charging. The battery indicator I am referring to is the one that comes in the top left(showing console battery followed by battery percentage) when you turn on the Switch whilst charging in hAndheld mode(out of the dock, charging using the AÇ adaptor. Any helpful advice?

Destiny, justice and retribrution will be mine.

AlohaPizzaJack

It shows the charging icon while plugged in to a charger? If that’s the case, there’s no problem.

#TeamPineapple
#MeatAndGreet

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

Anti-Matter

Btw, does Chocobo Dungeon Every Buddy Switch Japan version have English text option ?

My Top 6 games :
1. Dance Dance Revolution series (100)
2. Dragon Quest Builders 2 PS4/Switch (95)
3. The Sims 4 PS4 + All contents (93)
4. Portal Knights PS4 (90)
5. Final Fantasy VIII PS1 (90)
6. Animal Crossing New Leaf: Welcome Amiibo 3DS (89)

Switch Friend Code: SW-8364-7166-5608 | 3DS Friend Code: 2638-4872-0879 | Nintendo Network ID: TAGunderground

Ralizah

@EvilLucario Atlus likes to keep certain series exclusive to certain ecosystems. No idea why. They definitely don't seem fond of the idea of multiplatform game development in general, with only a few of their internally-developed games releasing across multiple ecosystems.

Ralizah

diwdiws

@Magician dont know how you got any of that from my reply. What i said is that its a meaningless title. Im saying it again... its a meaningless title

diwdiws

JaxonH

Eh, I still believe Persona 5 is coming to Switch. I’ve believed from the outset they weren’t going to announce anything until April or E3. Nothing has changed.

Now, if e3 comes and still nothing... ok then. Probably isn’t gonna happen. But I know if it’s coming Nintendo is probably going to be the one to announce it, and it’s probably going to align with Joker timeframe. P5S is a thing, and there’s really nothing else it could be but a Switch port. Atlus does stick to one platform, but with Joker in Smash and the death of Sony handhelds, it seems that’s going to change, at least for this series.

And... if it does it does, if it doesn’t it doesn’t. But I’m inclined to think it will. So how about we just wait until E3 and then, if nothing’s been said by the time their presentation is over, we can safely conclude it’s not gonna happen (although even then it could still happen- maybe it comes next year, but that would mean they had no initial plans and then decided to after the fact- and I’d honestly be shocked if that game was not on the system by the time this generation ends- after Joker drops and the exposure it creates, if they weren’t already bringing it I think they might change their mind after that happens).

Anyways, anybuddy here have experience with Chocobo’s Dungeon? This game is deceptively difficult. Already running into certain dungeons that I can’t get past, even on normal mode. Looking for some general strategies, cause man... I barely beat this one Dungeon with 2HP left when I killed the boss, buddy wiped out. Now I keep dying on the boss of this other dungeon.

Edited on by JaxonH

NOW PLAYING
NS: Final Fantasy X, Mortal Kombat XI, Darksiders, Cuphead, Hellblade, LABO VR, Trials Rising
X1: Far Cry New Dawn, Trials Fusion
GPD Win 2: Fire Emblem Path of Radiance
3DS/Wii U/PS4/Vita/PC/Rift: [nothing]
PSVR: Astrobot

Jesus is Lord.

My Nintendo: JaxonH

EvilLucario

@Knuckles-Fajita And Resident Evil 4 was "only on GameCube" on the boxart. So what? I don't care about Persona 5 that much but "only on whatever" isn't everything after RE4.

Grumblevolcano

@JaxonH I think Persona 5 Switch would need Switch exclusive content (think DQXI S) to have a presence at E3 outside of a few seconds in a highlight reel.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

JaxonH

@Grumblevolcano
Which is likely anyways to differentiate it, and avoid any “exclusivity” agreements in place. Probably similar to Royal, which changes a few things and add a couple things, just enough to make it a “different“ release.

In fact I think the whole reason P5R exists is because of a Switch release. Kind of a “we’re releasing elsewhere, so we’ll go ahead and repackage for PS so they don’t feel the burn as much, we’ll highlight it first and give it plenty of attention, but when all that is said and done the game is going elsewhere”

Edited on by JaxonH

NOW PLAYING
NS: Final Fantasy X, Mortal Kombat XI, Darksiders, Cuphead, Hellblade, LABO VR, Trials Rising

Jesus is Lord.

Tsurii

I feel like people are jumping to conclusions with calling Royal a re-release. There's literally no info on it besides ATLUS specifying that it is indeed an RPG, which I feel they wouldn't do, if it wasn't something new. Or rather something more original than just a P3FES or P4G for Persona 5.

What a beautiful signature.
Chew.

Switch FC SW-2755-1473-1221
3DS FC 0662-8621-2250

Twitter, not like there's anything interesting on there

JaxonH

Maybe it’s a spinoff. Could be.

Man... Chocobo’s Dungeon is brutal. At least, it can be. Some of these optional dungeons... I’ve learned to pay attention to the level cap. If it says you can’t be higher than level 30, and I’m level 13, that’s a sign to wait. And don’t even try to roll the dice with the trap portals that can either take you to a merchant shop or boss fight. I got obliterated by the last one. And always bring at least one Gysahl Greens. Don’t count on the RNG for them, because if your hunger bar runs out and RNG is against you, you’re as good as dead.

Having died at least 5 different times now, and losing all my items each time, i’ve learned some hard lessons about how to approach this game.

Tried Sekiro... lasted about 20 minutes and I was right back to Chocobo’s Dungeon. I suppose since Dark Souls being on Switch wasn’t enough to get me to stick with it, this game being TV only never stood a chance. Granted, I do plan to get back to Dark Souls one day. It’s not that I wasn’t having a ton of fun, it’s just that it requires a major investment, and unlike Monster Hunter where the gameplay is crazy addictive and fun which makes you want to invest, it felt like something I’d have to purposely commit to.

When is Darksiders dropping? April 2, so that’s... a week from Tuesday. Ok. That’s one more weekend with Chocobo and company.

Edited on by JaxonH

NOW PLAYING

Jesus is Lord.

EvilLucario

I'm not a fan of gating off content from other platforms nowadays. Like Dragon Quest XI S and Persona 5 Royal, if they're platform-exclusive that feels kinda crappy. I honestly don't see why they couldn't just release all the extra stuff on other platforms too.

The only exceptions are with certain licensing like Nintendo-exclusive stuff in Bayonetta 1 and Sonic Lost World.

subpopz

EvilLucario wrote:

And Resident Evil 4 was "only on GameCube" on the boxart. So what? I don't care about Persona 5 that much but "only on whatever" isn't everything after RE4.

Boxart schmoxart......the best part of this was Shinji Mikami was so sure it was Nintendo exclusive forever that he said that if RE4 ever came to any other system he would commit harakiri. Less than a year later it was on PS2.

subpopz

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic