Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 40,201 to 40,220 of 42,727

RR529

@scubydo, I'd assume so. One of them is in the "Coming Soon" section of the JPN eShop.

Currently Playing:
Switch - NSMBU Deluxe
PS4 - Moss

Ralizah

If anyone reading this played Ys VIII, would you mind rating it on this site?

It's, like, 3 or 4 ratings away from qualifying for another one of those "best of" articles.

Edited on by Ralizah

Ralizah

NEStalgia

@scubydo They probably realized the battery at full charge doesn't have enough runtime to get through the introductory dialogue and exposition chapters..........

I have the game on X1, and the gameplay part is fun. But I played like 10 minutes of gameplay and had like 55 minutes of cutscene and cutscene plus "walk to this place to get more cutscene" that I forgot how the gameplay actually worked, and put it aside for months. And every time I pick it up I never get to another save spot that advances me pas the same exact spot. (Fatal Bullet). I think once you get past that it probably gets fun...I just need to get past that.

NEStalgia

RR529

@Ralizah, I had no idea we could even do that, so thanks for the heads up (BTW, I just rated it).

Currently Playing:
Switch - NSMBU Deluxe
PS4 - Moss

Ralizah

@RR529 Yeah, it's not a terribly well-advertised feature of the site.

Thanks!

Ralizah

Grumblevolcano

Given how concentrated the Final Fantasy Switch releases have been, I wouldn't be surprised at this point if a collection of 1-6 got announced soon.

September - FFXV Pocket Edition
November - World of Final Fantasy Maxima
February - FFIX
March - Chocobo's Mystery Dungeon Every Buddy, FFVII
April - FFX/X-2 HD, FFXII The Zodiac Age
? 2019 - Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles Remastered

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Knuckles-Fajita

I made a full written review of Ys VIII elsewhere.

Basically kissed the game.

NLI Discord:

https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

Octane

Don't do that, I've learned that the hard way. Those cards taste horrible.

Octane

Dogorilla

@Ralizah I haven't played the game myself but looks like it's now passed 50 votes, and reached number 19 on the top 50 Switch games list.

'Trans rights!' -Donkey Kong

link3710

@Ralizah I so would if I could, but YS VIII is the next JRPG on my backlog after finishing Octopath Traveler, and before Tales of Vesperia. And I only finish XC2 last week. Someday I'll get to it lol...

link3710

Ralizah

@Dogorilla Brilliant! Mission accomplished. Just a pity that the Valkyria games will likely never get enough votes to qualify.

@link3710 Well, no rush. The Switch is quickly developing a great JRPG library.
Have you played Xenoblade 2's Torna DLC? It's not quite as long as a full Xenoblade game, but it feels like a full game.

Edited on by Ralizah

Ralizah

link3710

@Ralizah I own it (have the expansion pass), but I'm definitely taking a Xenoblade break before I tackle that. I have that, what I mentioned before, and Shining Resonance Refrain to beat still (so far). Octopath is honestly pretty smooth, I've been beating 1 chapter per night, so I think I can beat it in a month or so? Not like the year of on and off play XC2 took me.

link3710

EvilLucario

@Ralizah Bruh, I've been on that since the article went up.

Ys VIII's so damn good, although for me it's a case of "the entire package is great, but the individual parts aren't that good".

I'm gonna shill for my Xenoblade of course, but other games like Valkyria Chronicles and Blaster Master Zero 2 are gonna need their time in the sun too.

Metroid, Xenoblade, EarthBound shill

I run a YouTube/Twitch channel for fun. Check me out if you want to!

Please let me know before you send me a FC request, thanks.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

NEStalgia

@Ralizah still have yet to get to SHining Res and Ys VIII. The onslaught of FF isn't helping that backlog. They're sitting in the pile.

And Yoshi just landed.....

NEStalgia

Magician

@Grumblevolcano - I'd appreciate a port of FF Type-0 that PS4 got a few years ago.

Edited on by Magician

Switch Physical Collection - 347 games (as of June 22nd, 2019)
Currently playing: Okami HD (Switch) Mary Skelter (PS Vita) Borderlands The Pre-sequel (PS4)
Favorite Quote: "Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." -Arthur C. Clarke

Ralizah

@NEStalgia I'm abstaining from Crafted World. I nabbed a copy of Poochy and Yoshi's Wooly World and am replaying that game portably instead. It really is a delightful little game.

@Magician Ah. Type-0. My biggest shame. I bought that at launch for $60 and still have yet to play it.

Edited on by Ralizah

Ralizah

NEStalgia

@Ralizah for shame... It looks great. I figure it will be my spring/summer seasonal treat to open and play outdoors.

Type0..ugh...i just don't get that game. I think the hour long into cutscene of morbid depressingness turned me off. If course i paid like $9 for it.....

NEStalgia

Ralizah

@NEStalgia The severe price drop is what hurts most. Same thing happened with GR2 (I mean, I did play it, but not completely, and the game goes down to, like, $7 in sales now. I paid $60. Also, Sony stopped supporting the online content, like, a year later). They were instrumental in convincing me not to pay much for any PS4 games going forward. I might break that rule for Sakura Wars, but otherwise, that has been my modus operandi since Persona 5. The most I've spent on a single PS4 game since then was $30 on NieR: Automata in a sale, and that was definitely worth the money.

Ralizah

WebHead

Animal Crossing to be the game they focus on at E3 this year?

WebHead

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3217-6922 | Nintendo Network ID: JTPrime

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic