Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 40,201 to 40,220 of 69,995

Ralizah

Emptiness is fine. It depends on how it's utilized. BotW has a lot of open space, but it feels very freeing in that game. Both because there's always something to find or do and because the environments are stunning and can be interacted with.

Other games don't work out as well. Fallout 4 just felt boring and empty. As much as I loved NieR: Automata, that game should never have had an open world to explore, because there's pretty much nothing to see or do other than kill enemies and pick up loot drops.

I'll wait and see how Pokemon actually utilizes its space before I render a verdict.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Anti-Matter

@Octane
Remember, the game (Pokemon Sword/Shield) is not the final footage.
Still 5 months to go to optimize the game aspetcs.

Anti-Matter

JaxonH

@Octane
Kinda seems a fallacious argument though, since I never said it looked better than Zelda. I said it looked better than most Switch games except Zelda.

Even so, I wouldn’t say it looks way better. It looks better. But way better? Not seeing it. They have different art styles, but each is beautiful in its own way.

Untitled

Untitled

I also don’t understand complaints of empty. As if a 7-Eleven is supposed to be around every corner. It’s Pokémon in the wild environments so that’s what you would expect to see. Large environments with Pokémon roaming around. Seems like a natural fit. We certainly don’t need an Ubisoft game design approach here. Just put Pokémon in the world. Job done.

I also think it looks really high budget compared to past games. This is like the opposite of low budget to me. This game looks phenomenal compared to the ones that have come before, and it even takes Yokai Watch 4 to task, and that game had already raised the bar considerably.

I really don’t understand people nowadays. They can show an amazing incredible gorgeous game and people are like eh, looks like crap. Looks empty. Looks low budget. Looks like a 3DS game. More and more I feel like I just don’t fit in with the gaming community when I hear stuff like that, because that is the exact opposite of what I see.

Edited on by JaxonH

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Ralizah

It's pretty crazy how, over the course of a generation, Pokemon has gone from being a sprite-based, low-res handheld game to a fully 3D home console game with big, open worldy environments.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Magician

Pokémon S/S looks fantastic.

Let the haters hate, some people just can't be happy.

Switch Physical Collection - 1,251 games (as of April 24th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

Tangerine

I think it looks great too. I can't wait till November 15

Tangerine

redd214

@Zuljaras pretty much confirmed at this point man, name has been floating around for months, Amazon page and screenshots make it basically a lock.

redd214

JaxonH

@Zuljaras
1 Darksiders 2 is coming to Switch August 6th. It’s been leaked multiple times by multiple sources, and by Koch Media themselves.

2 Darksiders Genesis is NOT Darksiders 4 (obviously). It’s a spin-off prequel set before the events of the first game.

Edited on by JaxonH

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

redd214

Here's the trailer, wish it was all 4.of them but I'm down for some 2 player action, looks decent enough!

redd214

TuVictus

As a recent fan of Darksiders and someone that adored 3 as my favorite, this news brings me great joy. Definitely didn't expect to see the franchise so soon after 3, but I'm so happy to be wrong

TuVictus

NintendoByNature

I was pretty excited until i saw it was an isometric view. Not sure how i feel about it honestly

NintendoByNature

JaxonH

Game looks slick.

LOVE the isometric Diablo style view. This is exactly what I was hoping for with this game. Well, not exactly, as I was hoping it would be 4 player MP using all 4 Horsemen, but close enough.

Close. E. Nough.

Magician

WebHead wrote:

The systems are probably just bundles rather than the Pro or the Mini. Namco? Could be Tekken series, Soulcalibur series, Ridge Racer series, Ninja Box, Digimon Survive, Divinity Original Sin series, etc. WB? Probably more Lego games, maybe The Witcher III, Injustice series, Batman Arkham series, etc. Ubisoft? That new roller derby game was leaked last week, that'll be one. And another Just Dance game, it goes without saying.

Switch Physical Collection - 1,251 games (as of April 24th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

NintendoByNature

@AlternateButtons yea thats pretty much my thought process. I love top down zelda games, but that's because that's how they started out and there's quite a few of them out there. I did love darksiders 1 but haven't played others in the series yet. And darksiders 1 is your traditional 3rd person 3d game so seeing it switched up to this isometric view might take some getting used to if I end up getting it.

NintendoByNature

Anti-Matter

I'm thinking Imagine series or Petz series Remaster from Ubisoft.

Anti-Matter

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic