Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 40,181 to 40,200 of 41,060

Grumblevolcano

The March 2019 follow up news on Persona 5R is tomorrow. Maybe this is when we get the Switch announcement.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

belmont

I have a UK/EU gift code for Nintendo Switch Online 7-day trial valid until 25/03/19 that I don't need from the Splatoon demo. Please replay if you redeem it

C0214YG0P0MYS74J

belmont

Octane

@JaxonH I've seen people 3D-print Labo. So if you have one of those 3D printers lying around...

That's my biggest gripe with Labo. The VR stuff looks really cool, but I don't have the space unfortunately.

Octane

JaxonH

@Grumblevolcano
Have heard late April is more likely for P5S, which is supposedly the Switch version rather than P5R.

Its possible, but I'm banking on the event on April 24 (think it's a Sega event)

NOW PLAYING
NS: Final Fantasy X, Mortal Kombat XI, Darksiders, Cuphead, Hellblade, LABO VR, Trials Rising
X1: Far Cry New Dawn, Trials Fusion
GPD Win 2: Fire Emblem Path of Radiance
3DS/Wii U/PS4/Vita/PC/Rift: [nothing]
PSVR: Astrobot

Jesus is Lord.

My Nintendo: JaxonH

Ralizah

Ya'll just don't get disappointed when a Switch version isn't announced tomorrow.

Ralizah

Octane

What if a Switch version is announced, but it only works with the Labo elephant mask?

Octane

Morpheel

Well it would be pretty fitting at least

Yeah I don’t know either.

Eh! My gameplay videos

3DS Friend Code: 0173-1330-0080 | My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

1UP_MARIO

Pikmin VR

One day

We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5229-5058-9308

Magician

DarthNocturnal wrote:

Minecraft isn't indie.

?

That's like saying Cuphead and Ori and the Blind Forest aren't indie, lol.

Sure MS owns the Minecraft IP now, but have people seriously forgotten that from 2011-2014 Minecraft was built, launched, and routinely updated when Mojang had fewer than thirty employees?

Edited on by Magician

Switch Physical Collection - 313 games (as of April 22nd, 2019)
Currently playing: Our World Is Ended (Switch) Mary Skelter (PS Vita)

Octane

@Magician Well, they're not independent anymore, so technically it's not an ''indie''. Not that it matters, stupid labels are stupid.

Octane

Magician

Octane wrote:

@Magician Well, they're not independent anymore, so technically it's not an ''indie''. Not that it matters, stupid labels are stupid.

Mojang isn't independent anymore, sure.

But it irks me when people dismiss Minecraft as not indie.

Tsurii

Who gives a damn. At this point Indie doesn't mean Jack anymore anyway because most of these games do have publishers who handle everything from distribution to marketing behind them.

Edited on by Tsurii

What a beautiful signature.
Chew.

Switch FC SW-2755-1473-1221
3DS FC 0662-8621-2250

Twitter, not like there's anything interesting on there

EvilLucario

Lately I've been playing some old Wii classics like Muramasa: The Demon Blade and MadWorld, and now more than ever I really miss the Wii and its excellent selection of games. Hell, even in the indie scene, we don't get any games with such style and identity as games like Muramasa and MadWorld.

Man, those games were real good. They don't deserve to be left on the Wii and Vita. Muramasa and MadWorld deserve to be played by more people. Switch port pls.

Also their soundtracks are simply exquisite.

@Tsurii Pretty much. Like for example, I love Devolver Digital, but they publish these so-called indie games. Isn't that still against the whole... "independent" angle?

Edited on by EvilLucario

Metroid, Xenoblade, EarthBound shill

I run a YouTube/Twitch channel for fun. Check me out if you want to!

Please let me know before you send me a FC request, thanks.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

diwdiws

@Magician no one is dismissing anything, indie is just a meaningless label.

diwdiws

Grumblevolcano

@Ralizah Yeah, no Switch announcement happened. More news on the game April 24th.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

FragRed

People actually believed Persona 5 would come to the Switch? Why? I know Joker is coming to Smash, but it's quite a leap to then assume Persona 5 would come to the system just like SMT V will never appear on the PlayStation platform.

ENGAGE VG: www.engagevg.com

Grumblevolcano

@FragRed The fact it wasn't announced now doesn't mean there won't be a Switch version though I did expect a Switch version to be announced before Smash 3.0 is released if it's happening.

Grumblevolcano

FragRed

@Grumblevolcano I just don't see it ever happening. Surely if it was to come to the Switch, announcing it either shortly after the Smash reveal of Joker, or during the same time that they publicly announced Persona 5 R coming to the PS4 would have made sense.

This kind of thing happens way too often - Nintendo fans get way too worked up over the prospect of a game coming to the Switch over a rumour, then get let down because the hype they created themselves didn't come to anything. Then they start all over again. Its why I have so little faith in any version of Persona 5 coming to the Switch.

ENGAGE VG: www.engagevg.com

Magician

diwdiws wrote:

@Magician no one is dismissing anything, indie is just a meaningless label.

I can't tell if this statement is your askewed perception of the gaming industry or a misunderstanding of the definition of indie? Minecraft was created by one person, supported by a few people, with zero financial backing = the very definition of an indie game. By your logic, games like Axiom Verge, Stardew Valley, Braid, Fez, etc, etc, etc...aren't indie.

Edited on by Magician

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic