Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 40,161 to 40,180 of 43,474

JaxonH

Oh, Sonic Racing is a lock. Day one, no questions asked.

It’s from the same devs who made Sonic Racing Transformed...

Nuff said.

NOW PLAYING
NS: Dragon Quest Builders 2, Marvel Ultimate Alliance, God Eater 3, Mario Maker 2, Valkyria Chronicles 4, Final Fantasy XII
PS4: Judgement
PSVR / Vita / X1 / PC / Rift / Win2 / WiiU / 3DS: [nothing]

Jesus is Lord.

My Nintendo: JaxonH

gcunit

@Morpheel @Ralizah Yeh, I guess it depends on how small they're willing to make the screen. If they're shrinking it right down to something nearing the size of the GBA SP then maybe, but otherwise I can't see them having a big space in the middle with nothing using it. Wouldn't it also make touchscreen controls harder to use too though, if the touchscreen is the upper section of a clamshell? Guess you could flip the display and hold it the other way up, but that would make mixing touchscreen and physical controls awkward.

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

Ralizah

Watching the Sega Fes stream. They apparently just announced a new Mario and Sonic Olympics game for the Nintendo Switch.

Edited on by Ralizah

Ralizah

JaxonH

Saw that.

No video or footage?

Eh, I suppose we pretty much know what to expect with that series already. It’ll be a great fit for Switch, especially as a portable MP-centric console with detachable joycon. Just not sure I’m particularly excited for it, since there’s never much depth to any of the mini games.

I’m craving golf with motion controls.

NOW PLAYING
NS: Dragon Quest Builders 2, Marvel Ultimate Alliance, God Eater 3, Mario Maker 2, Valkyria Chronicles 4, Final Fantasy XII

Jesus is Lord.

Ralizah

They just announced a Mega Drive Mini for release on Sept. 19th in Japan. Comes with 40 games.

Yaaaas! Castlevania: Bloodlines seems to be included.

Edited on by Ralizah

Ralizah

NintendoByNature

Let's hope blood lines is included in the castlevania collection

NintendoByNature

Ralizah

The new Sakura Wars appears to be PS4 exclusive.

@NintendoByNature Same. I'd also love to see Rondo make the cut.

Edited on by Ralizah

Ralizah

Ralizah

@NintendoByNature They announced ten of the games. Puyo Puyo, Shining Force, Castlevania, Gunstar Heroes, some Sonic games, a few I've never heard of before. Bloodlines was the only one that stood out. They'll apparently announce the remaining 30 games at a later time.

Edited on by Ralizah

Ralizah

1UP_MARIO

We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5229-5058-9308

Anti-Matter

....WHAT?!
Mario and Sonic games again at TOKYO ?!
And also Olympic games with real peoples ?!
On Nintendo Switch, Arcade and mobile ?!

My Top 6 games :
1. Dance Dance Revolution series (100)
2. Dragon Quest Builders 2 PS4/Switch (95)
3. The Sims 4 PS4 + All contents (93)
4. Portal Knights PS4 (90)
5. Final Fantasy VIII PS1 (90)
6. Animal Crossing New Leaf: Welcome Amiibo 3DS (89)

Switch Friend Code: SW-8364-7166-5608 | 3DS Friend Code: 2638-4872-0879 | Nintendo Network ID: TAGunderground

Aozz101x

Animal Crossing (2019)
Pokemon Sword and Shield (Late 2019)
Mario & Sonic (Late 2019)
Luigi's Mansion 3 (2019)
Astral Chain (8/30/2019)
Fire Emblem: Three Houses (7/26/2019)
The Legends of Zelda: Link's Awakening. (2019)
DxM (Summer 2019)
MARVEL ULTIMATE ALLIANCE 3 (Summer 2019)
Super Mario Maker 2 (6/2019)
man, what a great year for First Party on Switch.
i feel like it's getting pack though. unless they have something else coming 2019. i'm feeling good about this year. compare to last year with first party wise.

Edited on by Aozz101x

im creep out with thoese eyes... :P

3DS Friend Code: 3153-5789-3951 | Nintendo Network ID: Aozz101x

EvilLucario

Sakura Wars was a series I literally only heard ONCE in Nintendo Power back in 2010. Apparently So Long, My Love (the one on the Wii/PS2) was good. So if it means more good games, I'm all for it.

Metroid, Xenoblade, EarthBound shill

I run a YouTube/Twitch channel for fun. Check me out if you want to!

Please let me know before you send me a FC request, thanks.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

JaxonH

Oh my gosh, Unravel 2 is a fantastic game!

Just got my EU physical import copy. This game looks gorgeous, even in a handheld mode the game is stunningly beautiful. Why were people saying the game didn’t look that good on Switch? this game is dazzling. I don’t know what people are talking about sometimes, I swear. It even has a performance mode and graphics mode you can toggle in the options. Though for me 30 FPS is just fine. I haven’t even seen the graphics mode yet because it only works when docked. So if it looks this beautiful in handheld mode I can only imagine how great it looks on the TV.

The gameplay is nice and tight and responsive, The stages are gorgeous set pieces, and I particularly like the particle effects. I was pretty meh on this game up til now, because it just seems like another “decent or pretty good game”, which are dime a dozen nowadays. So glad I tried it. I may even buy digital now just to support this game that no one on Switch seems to be talking about. Like, we ask for good games, good games come... anyways. Game is great.

Edited on by JaxonH

NOW PLAYING

Jesus is Lord.

Grumblevolcano

It's been announced that Smash Ultimate and Splatoon 2 tournaments will return to E3 on June 8th (the Saturday before E3).

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

DarkRula

Ooh, lovely. The tournaments are always a fun watch, so that's one day to be watching out for.

DarkRula

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3513-2745 | Nintendo Network ID: DarkRula

Grumblevolcano

The Fighters Pass DLC trailer on the Splatoon 2 tournament stream says "Approaching..." rather than "Approaching April..." in the past forms of the trailer for Joker. You think maybe 3.0 and Joker is being shadow dropped later today like 2.0 and Piranha Plant was at the end of January?

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

EvilLucario

@Grumblevolcano That would be wild as hell. I'm in.

Don't think that'll happen though.

Metroid, Xenoblade, EarthBound shill

I run a YouTube/Twitch channel for fun. Check me out if you want to!

Please let me know before you send me a FC request, thanks.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic