Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 40,161 to 40,180 of 41,147

JaxonH

@Ralizah
That's actually the most compelling reason I've heard in some time- motion in games. Problem is I never had the gall to try manually mapping gyro to a controller. Steam Controller is cool as heck but not best for FPS imo. Xbox One controller is my fave but doesnt have motion. Suppose I could just use Switch Pro.

If theres community configs for it that's awesome but many times theres not, and I dont recall ever seeing them with motion barring for Steam controller mappings. Not even sure if you can do mappings to a Switch pro. It doesnt know gyro is in there. I always thought the mappings were for Xbox One or Steam controllers only

But ya, that's a seriously legit benefit.

Edited on by JaxonH

NOW PLAYING
NS: Final Fantasy X, Dragon’s Dogma, Mortal Kombat XI, Darksiders, Cuphead, Hellblade, Trials Rising
X1: Far Cry New Dawn, Trials Fusion
GPD Win 2: Fire Emblem Path of Radiance
3DS/Wii U/PS4/PSVR//Vita/PC/Rift: [nothing]

Jesus is Lord.

My Nintendo: JaxonH

gcunit

Ralizah wrote:

To be honest, I've ripped on it a number of times in favor of Tetris Effect, but I'm enjoying Tetris 99 enough to stay subbed just to have access to that. Although the partial cloud save support and growing library of NES games, not to mention the comparative peanuts I pay for it as part of the number 1 NSO family group certainly helps.

FTFY

Edited on by gcunit

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

Grumblevolcano

Mods, we have a spammer present.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Anti-Matter

Spammer, Help !!

My Top 6 games :
1. Dance Dance Revolution series (100)
2. Dragon Quest Builders 2 PS4/Switch (95)
3. The Sims 4 PS4 + All contents (93)
4. Portal Knights PS4 (90)
5. Final Fantasy VIII PS1 (90)
6. Animal Crossing New Leaf: Welcome Amiibo 3DS (89)

Switch Friend Code: SW-8364-7166-5608 | 3DS Friend Code: 2638-4872-0879 | Nintendo Network ID: TAGunderground

1UP_MARIO

@accesszon223 thanks man. Do I get put in a price draw for £100,000 for entering the link.

Edit. Why is the link blank.

Edit 2. Why is it not working

Edited on by 1UP_MARIO

We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5229-5058-9308

Ralizah

@JaxonH You can configure gyro aiming for any of the fully supported controllers with a gyroscope: so it works well for Steam Controller (if that controller can be said to work well for anything, really), DualShock 4 (what I'm using, personally, and I've been uploading configs for it, although all my configs require max hardware sensitivity, as I find it's easier to mess around with software sensitivity to fine-tune the "feel" of the aiming), and Switch Pro (I've actually heard it has the best gyro of the bunch).

I won't lie: it takes a bit of research and messing around to familiarize yourself with it and set it up to your liking, but, the way I figure it, an hour spent fiddling around with the controller configuration is worth playing through an entire game in comfort. It took a few trial runs, for example, but DOOM just feels SO good to play on PC now: the gyro is actually quite a bit more responsive in terms of how I've configured it than it is even on Switch.

I think I'll probably go through my few configs soon and explicitly mark them as ones with details on how to to optimize the game for proper gyro controls (in my opinion, at least).

This feature, as far as I'm concerned, is Steam's killer feature. It makes me not want to play games with aiming on any other platform (except Switch, of course, which already supports gyro in a bunch of games).

Edited on by Ralizah

Ralizah

JaxonH

@Ralizah
I'd have to research how to apply configs to Switch Pro controller. But if you have configs premade for Switch Pro, or know of some I can download that would be awesome. Because I love motion, and if I could get it in all my games that might make me utilize PC more, at least for FPS.

Even if sensitivity is off that should be easily adjusted in the software.

Edited on by JaxonH

NOW PLAYING
NS: Final Fantasy X, Dragon’s Dogma, Mortal Kombat XI, Darksiders, Cuphead, Hellblade, Trials Rising

Jesus is Lord.

Grumblevolcano

Microsoft would need to release include gyro in the default controller for their next system for motion controlled gaming to really take off. Nintendo does their own thing so gyro is likely here to stay for those systems, Dualshock 4 does have gyro but is very rarely used by developers and PC has a lot of controller options which leaves Xbox with no gyro holding everything up.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Joeynator3000

...I missed out on the fun here, bleh. TwT

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000
Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/joeynator3001

link3710

@EvilLucario If you try Pokemon Mystery Dungeon, know that the pinnacle of that series was Explorers of Sky. Red/Blue Rescue Team feel like rough drafts of the Explorers titles, Gates to Infinity is skippable, and Super Mystery Dungeon was pretty good. I haven't finished it yet, but it doesn't feel like it's going to be quite as good as Explorers.

link3710

Octane

Sony and Microsoft need to include an option to emulate motion controls like Steam does. If developers aren't willing to implement it, at least we can.

Octane

EvilLucario

@JaxonH @Ralizah Gonna second the gyro on Steam. It's so well implemented. If you do not like mouse + keyboard controls (I personally like them equally to gyro), just use your DS4 or Pro Controller and go to town.

Although I don't think it worked properly for me with Deus Ex: Human Revolution last I tried, because every time you move the mouse it transitions back to the traditional Deus Ex bar back and forth with the console versions. I'll probably need to look into that later.

@link3710 That's where I'm gonna start, yes. But it won't be for quite some time. I'm currently playing Muramasa: The Demon Blade right now.

Metroid, Xenoblade, EarthBound shill

I run a YouTube/Twitch channel for fun. Check me out if you want to!

Please let me know before you send me a FC request, thanks.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

gcunit

So apparently these are the all time highest selling (but in no particular order) indies on Switch so far:

Stardew Valley
Hollow Knight
Overcooked 2
Undertale
Dead Cells
Enter the Gungeon
Graceful Explosion Machine
Celeste
Golf Story
Overcooked

And no, I don't know if this is eshop sales only or physical sales too (I'm guessing eshop only).

GG Graceful Explosion Machine and Overcooked.

Source

To me, Hollow Knight is the absolute stand out, but I've hardly got going on Dead Cells yet, and haven't got Celeste, Golf Story or either Overcooked yet.

Edited on by gcunit

Magician

I'm surprised Minecraft isn't on that list.

I swear, it never leaves the best seller list.

Switch Physical Collection - 315 games (as of April 23rd, 2019)
Currently playing: Dragon's Dogma (Switch) Mary Skelter (PS Vita)

DarthNocturnal

Minecraft isn't indie.

"Sometimes, I just don't understand human behavior" - C-3P0

Ralizah

This is a trailer for "AI: The Somnium Files," which is apparently Kotaru Uchikoshi's newest game (he's most well-known overseas for the Zero Escape series on DS/3DS). Releases on July 25. You play as a detective in a futuristic Tokyo who investigates a series of serial murders.

I'm definitely interested! Hopefully the localization for this isn't butchered like Zanki Zero was.

Edited on by Ralizah

Ralizah

gcunit

Aozz101x wrote:

Labo VR trailer

Is it just me, or are they presenting the visuals to be a lot crisper than what you were expecting?

It looks really good. The VR elephant art stuff looked fun. Heck, it nearly all looked fun, and the Garage mode must be full of possibilities.

I'm watching this one now...

JaxonH

Ok, I think that trailer sold me on the VR.

As someone who owns PSVR and Rift, and just never uses them because of the hassle, I had pretty much made my mind up that I was going to skip LABO VR. But that trailer makes me want to try it. And I like the fact that you just hold it up to your face, which makes it really easy to go in and out of VR.

I just don’t want to have to build all that Labo stuff, and who knows where I’m going to store it

NOW PLAYING

Jesus is Lord.

gcunit

@JaxonH Don't store it. Live it.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic