Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 39,961 to 39,980 of 40,189

Matthew46

@JaxonH Thanks for your advice – although I should apologise for not having worded my post better. I'm unfortunately having to replace my Switch for a separate (and slightly dull) reason. I've always been impressed with my Switch's screen, so I was just concerned that any replacement I buy might be noticeably worse (assuming, of course, I'd been lucky enough to have one of the 'better' screens in the first place). Either way, I'm sure it'll be fine: my New 3DS has dual TN screens and, to be honest, it's never bothered me at all.

@AlohaPizzaJack Thank you – that's a relief to hear.

Matthew46

AlohaPizzaJack

@Matthew46 No worries. Hope the replacement goes quick

#TeamPineapple
#MeatAndGreet

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

JaxonH

@Qwertyninty
I enjoyed NBA 2k18 (was just curious to try sports games again after several decades). But it was too simmy. Not an immediate reaction when you move the analog. And the stats sucked so you couldn’t make any shots. That’s their play at getting you to buy VC.

Even despite all that I still kind of had fun though. FIFA was much better imo. That game still felt arcady.

This coming from someone who despises modern sports games and doesn’t follow sports. Mutant League Football is more up my alley.

Edited on by JaxonH

NOW PLAYING
NS: Chocobo’s Dungeon, Trials Rising, Tales of Vesperia
X1: Trials Fusion, DMC5
GPD Win 2: Fire Emblem Path of Radiance
3DS/Wii U/PS4/PSVR/Vita/PC/Rift: [nothing]

Jesus is Lord.

My Nintendo: JaxonH

Qwertyninty

@JaxonH there is fun to be had. But having played the older games they took a major step back in gameplay and fluidness. This isn’t just because Switch is 30fps. They way you have to play the game now takes away a lot of the fun and makes it more of a chore.

Qwertyninty

JaxonH

60 hrs and counting, now binging on end game Trials Rising. These hard and extreme tracks are just nuts. But so much fun. The instant retry without loading screens, with generous checkpoints between each set of obstacles, makes the game a pure addiction. A+++ Need more 3rd party games like this on Switch.

Also tried some Assault Android Cactus today, and I really like it. One of the better schmups I’ve played in a while. Would be great to see this one land a retail release.

Heard Turok has motion controls... that’s awesome. Will definitely be picking that up.

In the next 2 weeks we’ll also see Chocobo’s Dungeon, Fate Extella Link, Final Fantasy VII, Unravel 2, Xenon Racer, Yoshi’s Crafted World, and then April finally kicks off with Darksiders Warmastered (bought on Wii U, own it on X1, have it on STEAM, but this here is the first handheld release of Darksiders- and that, my friends, is a must own).

Honestly, April/May is going to be much more exciting than March has been. March has been okay, but nothing real exciting for me. April and May (especially April) is where it’s at. The aforementioned Darksiders, Dragons Dogma, Ace Attorney Trilogy (already own it physically, thank you Play-Asia), Final Fantasy X, Final Fantasy X-2, Final Fantasy XII, Mortal Kombat 11, Assassins Creed 3, Saints Row The Third, Sonic Racing, Resident Evil 0, Resident Evil 1 HD, Resident Evil 4... there’s just so many great games finally landing a hybrid release. And I don’t think I’ve played any of them to completion barring Final Fantasy X. Admittedly, Saints Row isn’t exactly my type of game but, unlike home consoles, portable libraries need as many open world games as it can get. Same for Mortal Kombat. Not the first game I’d go running towards but for Switch, I’ll give er a whirl.

Question is, which one to prioritize first? I think I’ll start with Chocobo’s Dungeon, then check out Yoshi for a few days, then plunge into Darksiders for a couple weeks. When Final Fantasy X drops, I’ll start a new game, but will plan to come back to it later since I have already beaten it. Will take that extra week to finish up Darksiders, because Dragons Dogma will be up next. Unfortunately, there’s only a week between Dragons Dogma and Final Fantasy XII, and I can’t decide which one should get priority. I guess I’ll just start a game in each and see which one grabs my attention more. After that, there’s a few weeks before the game dump in May, so no worries there. But Assassins Creed 3, Resident Evil 4 and Sonic Racing will definitely take precedence. Will be sure to check out RE1 HD too though. Then it’s June, it’s e3, it’s Mario Maker 2, it’s Dragon Quest Builders 2, it’s Fire Emblem, its Crash Racing, it’s the second half of the year and God help us all.

I love daydreaming, planning out my gaming regimen for the coming months 😉 Ok back to Trials, I have a gold medal I’m shooting for here

Edited on by JaxonH

NOW PLAYING

Jesus is Lord.

Grumblevolcano

Only Yoshi, 2 content updates (Smash, Starlink) and backlog for me on the Switch front until Mario Maker 2 so far. But it's fine because as usual the Xbox + Nintendo system combo continues to be extremely helpful and has been ever since I got a 360 in 2009.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Tsurii

I pre-ordered Yoshi, and fully expect it to arrive by the end of next week as per usual with coolshop, and then it's nothing until Fire Emblem for me lel

I have plenty of other stuff, and maaaaybe I'll throw in KH3 and some eShop-onlys at some point but I'm not really interested in anything in particular until july. Maybe I'll give VC another shot, but if I still hate how stupid the boss battles are designed in the game by then, I'll either mvoe on to 4 or forever hate myself for buying both. I swear I didn't have those problems with 2 or 3..

What a beautiful signature.
Chew.

Switch FC SW-2755-1473-1221
3DS FC 0662-8621-2250

Twitter, not like there's anything interesting on there

Dogorilla

There's a lot of games coming up that I'm interested in, although most of the big ones are in the second half of the year.

Yoshi's Crafted World - definite purchase, I loved Woolly World.
Box-Boy and Box-Girl - looks good but I'd like to play the 3DS games first (I know it probably doesn't matter but I generally prefer playing series in order)
Super Mario Maker 2 - definitely
Fire Emblem Three Houses - definitely but not at launch (I've only played two of the previous games so I'd like to play some others first)
Astral Chain - maybe. I'll have to see more of it to decide
Daemon X Machina - maybe. I was really looking forward to this until I played the demo, which wasn't as fun as I'd hoped. Might still get it if it reviews well
Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3 - maybe
Town - probably if I have time when it comes out
Animal Crossing - definitely
Luigi's Mansion 3 - definitely once I've played LM2
Link's Awakening - maybe. It looks lovely but I've played the game before, so depends how much it costs and how much new content there is
Pokémon Sword/Shield - definitely
Dragon Quest XI - definitely
Plus I want to get the various Final Fantasy games that are coming, but probably not at launch because I don't think I'll have time to play them right away. And I've lost track of all the other ports coming throughout the year but I'm sure there'll be some other games I'll want to get. It's gonna be an expensive year...

'Trans rights!' -Donkey Kong

Ralizah

FFXII: Zodiac Age is the only release on my radar for the first half of the year on Switch.

Second half seems pretty packed if nothing gets delayed, though. Fire Emblem: Three Houses, Pokemon S/S, DQXI S, Astral Chain, and Animal Crossing are my big priorities.

Edited on by Ralizah

Ralizah

Anti-Matter

@Ralizah
"DQXII: Zodiac Age "

WHAT ?!

My Top 6 games :
1. Dance Dance Revolution series (99)
2. Dragon Quest Builders 2 PS4/Switch (95)
3. The Sims 4 PS4 + All contents (93)
4. Portal Knights PS4 (90)
5. Final Fantasy VIII PS1 (90)
6. Animal Crossing New Leaf: Welcome Amiibo 3DS (89)

Switch Friend Code: SW-8364-7166-5608 | 3DS Friend Code: 2638-4872-0879 | Nintendo Network ID: TAGunderground

Anti-Matter

@Dogorilla
I have Rescheduled my shopping day for video games due to prior the rare Pokemon DS games for my upcoming next purchase.
So, i have delayed some Switch games purchase day (Not day one) in order to get the rare games first.

My Top 6 games :
1. Dance Dance Revolution series (99)
2. Dragon Quest Builders 2 PS4/Switch (95)
3. The Sims 4 PS4 + All contents (93)
4. Portal Knights PS4 (90)
5. Final Fantasy VIII PS1 (90)
6. Animal Crossing New Leaf: Welcome Amiibo 3DS (89)

Switch Friend Code: SW-8364-7166-5608 | 3DS Friend Code: 2638-4872-0879 | Nintendo Network ID: TAGunderground

OorWullie

The games I'm most looking forward to are

Luigi's Mansion 3 - never played 1 or 2
Links Awakening - only played first hour or so of original so this will be a brand new Zelda experience for me.
Super Mario Maker 2 - spent 200+ hours with the original
Astral Chain - not super hyped about this yet, need to read first impressions first but I have faith it's going to be great.
Mortal Kombat 11 - this one depends on the Swifch port
Doom Eternal - it's Doom.
Silksong - see below.

That's a cracking line up. The game I'm most looking forward to from that list? Silksong. I've spent a crazy amount of time with Hollow Knight over the last few weeks, (90 hours and 102% completion so far) and it's become one of the greatest games I've ever played,incredible stuff. So knowing a full fledged sequel is on the way soon makes me very happy.

Edited on by OorWullie

🇬🇧 Mr Mustard 🇹🇭
SW-6101-8403-1640

🕹️ The Nintendolife Arcade Leaderboards 🕹️

nintendobynature

I'm getting yoshi although I'm not that hyped for it. I'm very excited for darksiders though and I'll probabaly hold off on starting yoshi until im done with darksiders. My most hyped game this year is without a doubt links awakening. Astral chain isn't far behind though but I'm super excited for Mario maker 2, luigis mansion bloodstained and I'll probabaly even grab some of the re games. Theres alot of good stuff coming up i can't wait. It all kicks off for me at the start of april

nintendobynature

AlohaPizzaJack

Yoshi
Labo 4
Saints Row
Luigi’s Mansion
Link’s Awakening
Animal Crossing

I’m for sure getting those.

Edited on by AlohaPizzaJack

#TeamPineapple
#MeatAndGreet

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

Wazeddie22

I put a pre order down for Yoshi yesterday.To be honest I have never played a Yoshi game but really loved the look of this but when I played the demo I felt kind of disappointed.However I went back to it a few days ago and really enjoyed it..so I'm taking a gamble.I just hope it's not too easy.
Other games im looking forward to are:
Luigi's Mansion 3
Links Awakening ( I never played this and to be honest I think I'm going to enjoy it more than Zelda Breath Of The Wild which I wasn't overly impressed with..)
Fire Emblem Three Houses (I've only played one of these games but as much as I liked it I didant see what all the fuss is about but the trailer for this latest hooked me in..can't wait!)
And finally Dragon Quest Builders 2...I love anything Dragon Quest related and absolutely LOVED the first game so really the only thing I'm struggling with is if to buy this on the PS4 like the original or for the Switch..

Wazeddie22

Switch Friend Code: SW-0224-6933-3129 | 3DS Friend Code: 4296-2974-4768

1UP_MARIO

Yoshis crafted world. Yoshi is always fun and I play these exclusively coop with the kids.

Luigis mansion 3. This should of come out before mario Maker 2

Super Mario Maker 2. It’s mario Maker everyone needs this.

Labo VR 4 - Interested. But need to see more info.

We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5229-5058-9308

JaxonH

Now that I’m pretty sure Monster Hunter Switch will be announced at some point this year (e3 or fall Direct is my bet, for early 2020 release), I can rest easy. Announce Persona 5 and make that official, and it’s a wrap.

But load up as many 3rd party ports as possible. I want Batman Arkham on Switch. I want X-COM on Switch. I want GTAV on Switch. 7th generation games are the perfect fit for 1080p console/720p handheld at a stable framerate. There are so many timeless classics from the last decade. The dawning realization that Switch is not Wii U 2.0, and the audience is actually buying 3rd party games, should be hitting these devs full force at the 2 year mark. I do believe we heard quite a few statements about games not really being ready for Switch until 2019, due to their lack of faith and foresight. Let’s see what this year brings

NOW PLAYING

Jesus is Lord.

RR529

Yoshi's Crafted World - My definite next purchase.
Boxboy+Boxgirl - Never played the 3DS games but wanted to, so I'll definitely grab this.
Labo VR - This is a maybe. I know it won't be anything like my PSVR, but I trust Nintendo to make some fun use out of it despite it's limitations.
Super Mario Maker 2 - I'll probably end up getting this.
Fire Emblem Three Houses - Undecided on this one, as my history with the series is mixed.
Astral Chain - Interested, but Platinum's notorious difficulty has me wary.
Daemon X Machina - Will most definitely get. I really enjoyed the demo, and as long as they polish up the framerate a bit for the full release I have a feeling I'll really enjoy it.
Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3 - Really enjoyed the first one, so I'm looking forward to this.
Luigi's Mansion 3 - Never played one of these before, but I'll probably end up getting it depending on what else is out around the time.
Animal Crossing - Never played one before, and not that interested to start now.
Pokémon Sword/Shield - I haven't played Pokémon since gen three, but there was something about the reveal trailer that really grabbed me, so I'll probably get it.

Currently Playing:
Switch - NSMBU Deluxe
PS4 - Moss

JaxonH

Yup yup, and it seems something is coming to Switch that wasn’t previously thought possible, according to our good old friendly neighborhood leaker Zell. Something he equates to “like Mario on PlayStation”.

Make of that what you will. But I think some logical deduction can narrow it down. It’s probably Microsoft, not Sony. The question is, is it their leading IP, Halo, or something like Ori or Cuphead. I think sometimes we have a tendency to always assume it’s the biggest, most earth shattering possibility, even if it’s not the most realistic. I’m going to go with Ori, since that would also align with some of the previous rumors we heard about. But who knows. Maybe it’s something bigger? At the very least though, it seems something 1st party is headed to Switch.

NOW PLAYING

Jesus is Lord.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic