Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 39,941 to 39,960 of 40,173

FragRed

Everyone is saying it looks like Borderlands 2, which if it is would leave me questioning why not bring the first as well. Makes little sense to only port the second but not the first game. Unless that will end up being part of the announcement.

Edited on by FragRed

ENGAGE VG: www.engagevg.com

EvilLucario

@FragRed The Handsome Collection is just Borderlands 2 and the Pre-Sequel. Could be that.

Edited on by EvilLucario

Metroid, Xenoblade, EarthBound shill

I run a YouTube/Twitch channel for fun. Check me out if you want to!

Please let me know before you send me a FC request, thanks.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

FragRed

@EvilLucario Still feels odd to not port the first game as well, shouldn't be too difficult being it's a last generation game. I assume it's not important to have never played the first game if they aren't going to port it over as well?

ENGAGE VG: www.engagevg.com

Grumblevolcano

@FragRed Well for context, the first game isn't on PS4 and it's only on XB1 via backwards compatibility. So the only way you'd see a Switch version of the first game is if like Dark Souls, it's remastered on PS4/XB1 and then come to Switch months later.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Grumblevolcano

I wonder if there'll be a new Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3 trailer in the ads before Avengers Endgame.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

link3710

@FragRed No, not at all. The first game's story is pretty basic... pre-DLC at least, and it's covered as background lore in 2. Borderlands 1 honestly wasn't that good of a story until the DLC (especially Claptrap's Robot Revolution), which was way better than the base game IMO. It's kind of like the jump from Diablo to Diablo 2/3 in a lot of ways.

link3710

Magician

Borderlands 2 would be an amazing release and at the same time terrifying.

My Switch backlog is already unreasonably deep..

Switch Physical Collection - 285 games (as of March 19th, 2019)
Currently playing: Steins;Gate Elite (Switch) The Caligula Effect: Overdose (Switch)

Ralizah

I wonder how I missed Umihara Kawase Fresh being announced for the Switch...

I'm playing the 3DS one right now, and the game is killing my hands. Totally playing Fresh with my 8bitdo SNES pad.

Edited on by Ralizah

Ralizah

Lroy

@GrailUK Noticed you had played both Hamster’s and SNK Collection versions of IKARI WARRIORS. Any differences to note?

🇬🇧 Nintendo Switch FC: 3127 6508 1219 |
🇬🇧 3DS FC: 0361 9527 6404 |
Nintendo Switch Arcade Enthusiast 🕹 | 🚀
Retro Gamer | Digital Pinball Fan
Adult Switch Gamers Discord

GrailUK

@Lroy No. They both play the same. The ACA version even has the twin stick approach the SNK collection has.

I never drive faster than I can see. Besides, it's all in the reflexes.

Switch FC: SW-0287-5760-4611

Lroy

@GrailUK Ah thanks for that buddy. I’ll not double dip then. How’s things anyhow? Hope you’re well?

Miss your mad skills in the Arcade challenges thread. Most of us are using Discord now - Adult Switch Gamers. Do pop in if you ever fancy a natter about arcade games, partake in some high-score chasing and all many of other stuff.

Edited on by Lroy

🇬🇧 Nintendo Switch FC: 3127 6508 1219 |
🇬🇧 3DS FC: 0361 9527 6404 |
Nintendo Switch Arcade Enthusiast 🕹 | 🚀
Retro Gamer | Digital Pinball Fan
Adult Switch Gamers Discord

GrailUK

@Lroy I'm good mate cheers. Yeah, I better join the discord, should be more active again pretty soonish

I never drive faster than I can see. Besides, it's all in the reflexes.

Switch FC: SW-0287-5760-4611

Matthew46

I’d be grateful if anyone who’s purchased a Switch console recently – one of the Pokémon: Let’s Go! or Super Smash Bros. Ultimate editions, maybe? – might be able to help, please?

I purchased my Switch console in September 2017, but it’s looking like I might soon have to purchase a replacement. I was concerned, however, to stumble across this forum post, saying that newer Switch consoles seem to have poorer-quality screens with worse contrast, viewing angles etc.

I wondered if anyone who purchased a Switch at launch but has more recently bought a second console might have compared the two and noticed any difference? Do I need to be concerned?

(That said, I suppose it’s possible that my current Switch has one of the ‘worse quality’ screens since it was bought a few months after launch.)

Matthew46

JaxonH

I haven't heard anything about Switch changing quality of screens.

If it's just something you "heard about" and want a replacement, I wouldn't bother. If you used it for months without issue and only "discovered" an issue when you heard about that, it seems it was never really an issue.

I honestly haven't heard any complaints about the screen. When 3DS changed screens it was a drastic difference and everyone was talking about it. Nobody's been talking about Switch screens, which I can only assume to mean there has been no change, or it was negligible.

NOW PLAYING
NS: Chocobo’s Dungeon, Trials Rising, Tales of Vesperia
X1: Trials Fusion, DMC5
GPD Win 2: Fire Emblem Path of Radiance
3DS/Wii U/PS4/PSVR/Vita/PC/Rift: [nothing]

Jesus is Lord.

My Nintendo: JaxonH

AlohaPizzaJack

I bought my Switch 13 months ago, my friend bought hers 1 month ago. There is no visual difference at all.

Also, that post is from 12 months ago. And somehow whatever retailer that poster used allowed them to purchase and then return 3 identical SKUs, with no complaint other than "my screen is poop"? Nope, I'm callin' that one.

#TeamPineapple
#MeatAndGreet

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

1UP_MARIO

Labo kit pricesUntitled

Edited on by 1UP_MARIO

We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5229-5058-9308

AlohaPizzaJack

Gotta admit, it’s an easier pill by giving cafeteria-style sku choices. Hopefully that red sticker on the “expansion” sets is telling folks they need the base kit 😂

#TeamPineapple
#MeatAndGreet

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

Qwertyninty

Pull the plug on nba2k19 on sale for 20. Wow nba2k games are not so good now. The gameplay is not fun and way to complicated. Miss the old 2k basketball games.

Qwertyninty

gcunit

@Magician Thanks for answering me. I'm just glad there's people like you who I can live the dream vicariously through

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic