Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 39,921 to 39,940 of 69,962

Haruki_NLI

Regarding third party exclusives on Switch, unless Nintendo owns the IP, it aint staying that way. Expect Daemon x Machina to jump too.

Heck, Nintendo gets the shaft so much they end up having to publish multiplatform titles just to get them at all. Looking at you Dragon Quest, Skyrim, Dark Souls....

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

WebHead

Yeah if its a third party exclusive without nintendo's involvement its not staying exclusive. See Super Bomberman R and Octopath.

Edited on by WebHead

WebHead

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3217-6922 | Nintendo Network ID: JTPrime

Grumblevolcano

I feel that games like Octopath and Sonic Lost World should’ve gone further in eliminating exclusivity. So not just PC but also PS4/XB1.

@MarioLover92 Oh must be just PS4 and XB1 that have it then.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

bluemage1989

I find it staggering that people cry out to have everything ported to Switch yet when the PS4 has ports from Switch its the end of the world to those same people.

bluemage1989

Ralizah

Exclusives designed around a particular system's unique features, or that were partially funded with money from one of the big three, shouldn't go multiplat. So: your Zeldas, Marios, Uncharteds, Bayonettas, etc. They help to define the unique identity of a system, and they're important for keeping non-market leaders from sinking into obscurity. This is what Microsoft is missing, I think, and it's the reason they won't regain their footing unless Sony seriously messes up with the PS5.

Third-party exclusives not built around unique hardware features... eh. I still think it's important for systems to maintain some exclusives of this sort as well, but, at the end of the day, I won't cry myself to sleep about people invested in other ecosystems getting to play our timed exclusives. I care more about playing games on my preferred system. The only case where I'd be actively annoyed by this is if a company maintained exclusivity in one direction, but not the other. For example, since mainline Persona is very likely remaining Sony exclusive, I'll be actively irritated if SMT V goes multiplat. They need to either give each system their exclusive game (as I think they will end up doing), or allow both to go multiplat. Anything else feels unfair.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Advance Wars 1 + 2: Re- Boot Camp (NS)

Azooooz

Well, it's not wrong to port a game from Switch to other consoles, as long has it has stayed exclusive for a very long long time. Octopath Traveler and Super Bomberman R are good examples. I actually don't mind at all, as we already have played the game.

Making promise is easy. The hard part is keeping it.

Switch Friend Code: SW-3533-1743-6611 | 3DS Friend Code: 5069-3944-7877 | My Nintendo: azooooz | Nintendo Network ID: desert_king_Q8

link3710

I don't get the whole 3rd party exclusives staying exclusive is good mentality. I want stuff like Persona 5, Shenmue, Yakuza etc, why should I complain about Octopath or No More Heroes going multiplat?

link3710

Dogorilla

The Nintendo fangirl in me gets a little disappointed when a Switch exclusive gets ported to other systems, because there's something kind of satisfying to me about having exclusive games on Nintendo platforms, especially after the Wii U was shunned by most third parties. Realistically though, it is of course a good thing for games to be accessible to more people so I don't have a problem with it.

"Remember, Funky's the Monkey!"

Funky Kong

Dogorilla

Anti-Matter wrote:

@Ralizah
The Sims 4 not on Nintendo Switch is a Big Crime for me.

I'm kind of surprised that hasn't happened yet. It would appeal to the Switch's family demographic and it doesn't seem like it would be particularly technically challenging to port.

Funky Kong

Ralizah

The Sims is one of those games that I just can't imagine playing on anything other than a PC.

Currently Playing: Advance Wars 1 + 2: Re- Boot Camp (NS)

Haruki_NLI

@Dogorilla Sadly it requires EA giving a damn...so Sims 4 is unlikely if not impossible.

I think my real gripe for timed exclusives is how there is a total lack of transparency. You cant say exclusive and then its not a few months later.

If they just said timed exclusive like they used to, that'd be fine.

I'm also strongly opposed to exclusive content that has no reason to be. For instance the Star Fox stuff in Starlink, or the exclusive Bombers in Bomberman by platform, or even the Shovel Knight stuff, but stuff like PlayStation having exclusive content because....reasons, that bothers me.

Edited on by Haruki_NLI

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

HobbitGamer

I just... I dunno... play the games I like. Master Chief, Kratos, Mario each have a system. That’s about as much as I worry about ‘exclusivity’.

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

Azooooz

@Octane Because some people are making it matter.

Making promise is easy. The hard part is keeping it.

Switch Friend Code: SW-3533-1743-6611 | 3DS Friend Code: 5069-3944-7877 | My Nintendo: azooooz | Nintendo Network ID: desert_king_Q8

Dogorilla

@Knuckles-Fajita Yeah that's true. EA's released FIFA on the Switch though so they clearly haven't completely written it off, and I think there were various Sims games on Wii and DS, so I wouldn't say it's impossible.

Funky Kong

BruceCM

Since I only have a Switch, I want plenty of ports coming to it .... & it certainly doesn't matter to me if games that come to Switch 1st get ported elsewhere Overall, I'd rather as many games as possible go to as many consoles & so on as possible

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

MarioVillager92

@Grumblevolcano Yeah, that's really weird. Hopefully Sega implements a patch for the other platforms somewhere down the road

"Give yourself the gift of being joyfully you."

ACNH Name/Island: D-Pad/D-World
Dream Address: DA-1613-1378-1995

Also known as MarioLover92. Please ask for my Switch FC if you want to play online with me. Thanks!

My Nintendo: MarioLover

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic