Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 39,301 to 39,320 of 45,907

1UP_MARIO

I know a lot of people that just buy a PS4 to play fortnite and Fifa

We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5229-5058-9308

Grumblevolcano

At this point I wouldn't be surprised if Konami does a MGS collection, we seem to be getting games from all the 3rd party Smash characters on Switch.

• Sonic: Sonic 1, Sonic 2, Sonic Mania, Sonic Forces, SEGA Genesis Classics, Team Sonic Racing
  • Snake: Nothing so far
  • Mega Man: Mega Man Legacy Collection 1+2, Mega Man X Legacy Collection 1+2, Mega Man 11
  • Pac-Man: There's a few Pac-Man games on the eshop
  • Ryu and Ken: Ultra Street Fighter II The Final Challengers, Street Fighter 30th Anniversary Collection
  • Cloud: Final Fantasy VII
  • Bayonetta: Bayonetta 1+2, Bayonetta 3 (though Bayonetta is kind of a Nintendo franchise now)
  • Simon and possibly Richter: Castlevania Anniversary Collection
  • Joker: Nothing so far (though Persona 5 rumours have been very prominent)

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Therad

1UP_MARIO wrote:

I know a lot of people that just buy a PS4 to play fortnite and Fifa

Yeah, I think many are like that. The software attachment rate is typically between 6-9 titles/per console. Given a 5-6 year lifetime cycle for a console, this means that there are a lot of people buying at most one game a year. Those people might very well see this as a good value proposition. Especially since consoles have moved more and more away from simplicity, with patches and maintenance needed.

Edited on by Therad

Therad

redd214

@Therad yeah one of my neighbors is like that. Only buys NBA 2k, Madden, Call of Duty and one fighting game every single year. That's all he wants to play and I think something like this is would be great for him, obviously assuming it works well which I think it will in my neck of the woods. So many crapping on this for a myriad of reasons, maybe this type of thing just isn't for a game like you.

redd214

DarthNocturnal

Welcoming in the first day of spring = trolling?

"Sometimes, I just don't understand human behavior" - C-3P0

redd214

@DarthNocturnal of course it is. According to hardcore nintendo fans anything outside of mentioning the exact release date of their favorite franchise is trolling.

Edited on by redd214

redd214

HobbitGamer

Wishing me a good day, suggesting I buy things with money.... What's wrong with this company! It's a troll farm, I tell ya.

#TeamPineapple
#MeatAndGreet

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

DarthNocturnal

@Grumblevolcano

That's not trolling. If anyone thinks that's trolling, they have a problem.

"Sometimes, I just don't understand human behavior" - C-3P0

Octane

A company trolling its customers, how does that work?

If anything, it's teasing. Maybe. But since Animal Crossing has a big focus on seasons, it's more reasonable to assume they picked AC because of that.

Octane

EvilLucario

It's the moooooost... wonderful timeeeeeeeeeeeeee... of the yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaar...

Metroid, Xenoblade, EarthBound shill

I run a YouTube/Twitch channel for fun. Check me out if you want to!

Please let me know before you send me a FC request, thanks.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

NEStalgia

@Therad Ironically data caps are returning. Comcast, the biggest ISP in the US, didn't used to have official caps (but had throttling.) Recently they've added a "data plan", a.k.a. capping. Everyone is capped at 1TB/mo. Unless you pay $50 extra a month, then you get "unlimited." We're rolling backward, not forward on data, and Google seems oblivious. Everyone is betting on 5G wireless....do you honestly think VZW, TMO, ATT are going to let everyone consume unlimited bandwidth on PCs indefinitely on their wireless grids when even the land line companies don't? On 4G their unlimited usually includes like 2GB of hotspot for PCs. Even if they give you 200GB on 5G it won't be enough for heavy gamers.

I still think, at least for the US, the cart is way before the horse. The "cloud" industry has been putting the cart before the horse since 2001 or so when AOL merged with Time Warner to deliver everyone's TV over the internet. Here in 2019, that's still not even standard.

NEStalgia

PikPi

Cuphead on Switch is a nice fit, right down to the blue and red co-op characters lol

Edited on by PikPi

PikPi

Grumblevolcano

That Cuphead reveal makes me think the floodgates are somewhat open:

• Ori (rumoured)
  • Ori 2
  • Super Lucky's Tale (rumoured)
  • Battletoads 2019
  • Rare Replay + Banjo in Smash

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

FragRed

It’s all pretty obvious now why Damon Baker really left Nintendo for Microsoft. He’s a secret agent working to bring Xbox exclusives to the Switch! It all... makes... sense...........

Edited on by FragRed

ENGAGE VG: www.engagevg.com

HobbitGamer

@FragRed Damon Baker is... Joanna Dark

#TeamPineapple
#MeatAndGreet

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

HobbitGamer

For England, James?
No, for Nintendo.

#TeamPineapple
#MeatAndGreet

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic