Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 39,241 to 39,260 of 41,106

Galarian_Lassie

@CurryPowderKeg79 Are you thinking of Assasin’s Creed Trilogy/AC III, I don’t remember any store having a listing for AC Odyssey?

Where am I going! Nowhere, unless if I say otherwise!

CrazyZelda79

I could be @Mrtoad not really for sure.

..............(FAVORITE)...............
Game: Killer Instinct (Arcade)
Quote: Stupid is as stupid does.
Movie: The Shawshank Redemption.
Food & Drink: Sirloin Steak & Strawberry Milk (Not Together)
Band: Green Day

Switch Friend Code: SW-3830-1045-2921

JaxonH

Assassins Creed 3 Collection was leaked by a retailer, but that’s a bad example because it hasn’t yet been de-confirmed. It very well could be announced in the Direct, for all we know. Maybe not, but right now we just don’t have enough information for it to go one way or the other.

There are examples of retailer listings that turned out bogus, and there are examples that turned out true. All we can really do is use our best judgment. My best judgment tells me Ubisoft is on board for Switch now, at least for games that can definitely run (i.e. 7th gen ports) and that it’s more likely than not we’ll see it in the Direct. But... then again who knows. Ubisoft has been extremely unreliable this gen. They seem allergic to putting M rated games on the Switch, barring Southpark, but I consider that one an outlier since it’s a cartoon. I should say, allergic to “realistic M rated games” on the Switch.

Edited on by JaxonH

NOW PLAYING
NS: Final Fantasy X, Dragon’s Dogma, Mortal Kombat XI, Darksiders, Cuphead, Hellblade, Trials Rising
X1: Far Cry New Dawn, Trials Fusion
GPD Win 2: Fire Emblem Path of Radiance
3DS/Wii U/PS4/PSVR//Vita/PC/Rift: [nothing]

Jesus is Lord.

My Nintendo: JaxonH

Grumblevolcano

@JaxonH Wouldn't "realistic games" be more fitting than just "realistic M rated games"? Like think about the realistic Ubisoft games planned for Switch, one is a cloud version for Japan (Assassin's Creed Odyssey) and the other got cancelled (Steep). Sure realistic and M rated mostly go together with Ubisoft but it's not always the case.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

KryptoniteKrunch

Something to keep in mind with AC III/Liberation on Switch, the III remaster was announced by itself on the other platforms which was basically confirming that it wasn't exclusive to the Odyssey season pass. The double pack is a separate thing. Imo, I still think that retailer listing was legit.

[3DS Friend Code: 2793-1322-9869] Pokemon X/Y FS Type: Bug.
[NNID: KryptoniteKrunch]

Nintendo Network ID: KryptoniteKrunch

JaxonH

@Grumblevolcano

They've got no problem putting realistic games on there as long as its sports or what have you. Steep was announced very early on. AC Odyssey was streaming. As long as it doesnt cost them much of anything, sure, then they'll do it. But when it requires actual cost and development time... crickets chirping. I've seen nothing in 2 years. That might be about to change but, as of now... it hasn't yet. It shows a lack of faith.

Edited on by JaxonH

NOW PLAYING
NS: Final Fantasy X, Dragon’s Dogma, Mortal Kombat XI, Darksiders, Cuphead, Hellblade, Trials Rising

Jesus is Lord.

Knuckles-Fajita

@JaxonH How would we know something is deconfirmed though?

You could say "Its not coming" but that was said about other games that people are still sure are coming.

So what, is deconfirmation simply enough time passing without it appearing? If so how long do we wait? Or do we wait for them to announce they've cancelled the project akin to Steep?

Edited on by Knuckles-Fajita

NLI Discord:

https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

gcunit

JaxonH wrote:

@Grumblevolcano

They've got no problem putting realistic games on there as long as its sports or what have you. Steep was announced very early on. AC Odyssey was streaming. As long as it doesnt cost them much of anything, sure, then they'll do it. But when it requires actual cost and development time... crickets chirping. I've seen nothing in 2 years. That might be about to change but, as of now... it hasn't yet. It shows a lack of faith.

Rather than lack of faith... when coupled with the Starlink debacle, it suggests they don't know squat about the market.

Edited on by gcunit

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

Grumblevolcano

@JaxonH Steep was cancelled though, the whole situation suggests the Switch is too weak for Ubisoft's realistic games outside of streaming. Panic Button would probably prove Ubisoft wrong if given the chance though.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Anti-Matter

Who need Steep if Go Vacation on Switch has Snowboard, Skiing and other Winter sports on the go ? 😏

My Top 6 games :
1. Dance Dance Revolution series (100)
2. Dragon Quest Builders 2 PS4/Switch (95)
3. The Sims 4 PS4 + All contents (93)
4. Portal Knights PS4 (90)
5. Final Fantasy VIII PS1 (90)
6. Animal Crossing New Leaf: Welcome Amiibo 3DS (89)

Switch Friend Code: SW-8364-7166-5608 | 3DS Friend Code: 2638-4872-0879 | Nintendo Network ID: TAGunderground

JaxonH

@Grumblevolcano
Ubisoft has become incompetent, leaning on the crutch of "mo power" to brute force their way through requiring optimization.

Toss a system like Switch at em and they dont know what to do. It requires an entirely new skillset their developers simply do not possess. Optimize? Leverage strength of the hardware? Minimize file size? What's that mean? We usually just slop down some code and let it punch it's way through.

Edited on by JaxonH

NOW PLAYING

Jesus is Lord.

Grumblevolcano

Looking at my collection of Wii U games, only have 14 physical games and 2 digital games left to obtain on Switch in some form:

• Pikmin 3
  • Wonderful 101
  • Wind Waker HD
  • Sonic Lost World
  • Super Mario 3D World
  • Kirby and the Rainbow Curse
  • Yoshi's Woolly World
  • Super Mario Maker
  • Xenoblade Chronicles X
  • Twilight Princess HD
  • Star Fox Zero + Guard
  • Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE
  • Paper Mario Color Splash
  • NES Remix 1+2

Nintendo Land I'm pretty sure will never come to Switch in any form.

Note that these sequels I'm counting as replacements for the Wii U versions:

• Mario Tennis Ultra Smash -> Mario Tennis Aces
  • Super Smash Bros. for Wii U -> Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
  • Splatoon -> Splatoon 2
  • Mario Party 10 -> Super Mario Party

Grumblevolcano

EvilLucario

Godddd I want Xenoblade X, The Wonderful 101, and Tokyo Mirage Sessions to come over to Switch. They deserve another shot.

Lost World probably shouldn't be on that list anymore though, because it's on PC now.

Metroid, Xenoblade, EarthBound shill

I run a YouTube/Twitch channel for fun. Check me out if you want to!

Please let me know before you send me a FC request, thanks.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

link3710

@Grumblevolcano I highly doubt Rainbow Curse or Star Fox Guard will ever make it over. The rest seem almost inevitable at this point.

link3710

Aozz101x

@Grumblevolcano im not sure NES Remix will ever see a switch port. unless Nintendo plans for a SNES Remix for switch somepoint.

Edited on by Aozz101x

im creep out with thoese eyes... :P

3DS Friend Code: 3153-5789-3951 | Nintendo Network ID: Aozz101x

Alantor28

@Aozz101x I would so totally buy that for the Switch!

Switch Friend Code: SW-6488-5483-0698
PSN: MMX20

Switch Friend Code: SW-6488-5483-0698

Grumblevolcano

@Aozz101x I think NES Remix 1+2 would come down to the online service's performance, maybe at a time when the online service's retro catalog is a lot more than just NES games and Smash's online is better if those ever happen.

Grumblevolcano

redd214

Wind Waker, Color Splash and 3d World are the only ones I'm still hoping for. I'm sure we will get Mario Maker 2.0 in some form though and I would scoop that up as well.

redd214

JaxonH

Pikmin 3
Wonderful 101
Xenoblade X
Super Mario 3D World
Zelda GameCube Bundle (Windwaker HD + Twilight Princess)

And that would be a wrap for me. Maybe toss in Paper Mario Color Splash and Tokyo Mirage Sessions if they wanna give 110%

NOW PLAYING

Jesus is Lord.

Grumblevolcano

My tierings for what I think is most likely (games for each tier in chronological order on Wii U).

Very likely
Pikmin 3
Wonderful 101
Super Mario 3D World
Super Mario Maker (a replacement for the Wii U game in some form)
Xenoblade X
Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE

Likely
Wind Waker HD
Yoshi's Woolly World
Twilight Princess HD

Unlikely
Sonic Lost World
NES Remix 1+2
Kirby and the Rainbow Curse (we haven't seen any 1st party handheld mode exclusive games yet, though maybe Joy-Con pointer controls could be added)

Very unlikely
Star Fox Zero + Guard
Paper Mario Color Splash

Grumblevolcano

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic