Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 39,241 to 39,260 of 43,592

JaxonH

Ya, said it from the start... best to hold off. Even if it didn’t have the 16-bit mode, orchestral soundtrack, dual audio or exclusive content, just getting 2 versions in 1 (basically the PS4 version for console and a way better version than 3DS for handheld) was enough to make it worthwhile on Switch. But all that other stuff just seals the deal even more (especially the soundtrack and 16-bit mode).

@link3710
Radiant Historia. I’ll raise a cup to that one (well, to all of them, but very rarely do I speak to someone who even knows what that game is- it was the last 3DS game I played in fact).

1 Terabyte Micro SD cards incoming

Edited on by JaxonH

NOW PLAYING
NS: Dragon Quest Builders 2, Marvel Ultimate Alliance, God Eater 3, Mario Maker 2, Valkyria Chronicles 4, Final Fantasy XII
PS4: Judgement
PSVR / Vita / X1 / PC / Rift / Win2 / WiiU / 3DS: [nothing]

Jesus is Lord.

My Nintendo: JaxonH

link3710

@JaxonH Oh? You played the 3DS version? Was it worth getting it again? I mean, as much as I love the game, I couldn't see why I'd buy a second version for my 3DS when the DS version is perfectly playable still.

link3710

JaxonH

@link3710
Ya, I’d say stick with the DS version. I had it on DS, but had never played it, so I wanted the upgrade. Looks nice on 3DS though.

NOW PLAYING
NS: Dragon Quest Builders 2, Marvel Ultimate Alliance, God Eater 3, Mario Maker 2, Valkyria Chronicles 4, Final Fantasy XII

Jesus is Lord.

Grumblevolcano

The Switch news section has a reminder for Europe players that gold point redemption is nearing expiration for launch window games (you can register for up to 2 years).

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Roamer

Grumblevolcano wrote:

The Switch news section has a reminder for Europe players that gold point redemption is nearing expiration for launch window games (you can register for up to 2 years).

Thanks for the heads up. I just redeemed 60 points for Zelda. I somehow missed it until now! Not to mention all my later purchases. I’ve not redeemed any previously!

Edited on by Roamer

No pasaran.
PS4: Boundless, No Man’s Sky, Hitman 2
Switch: Dragon Quest Builders, Portal Knights, Wargroove
PC: Banished

toiletduck

JaxonH wrote:

@Ralizah
I would be thrilled if it became the best selling version in the west. But that’s what worries me. It just seems like nobody cares, at all. Dragon Quest seems much more aligned with Xenoblade or Final Fantasy than YS VIII. I expected to at least see as much interest as Xenoblade or Fire Emblem. Kind of a “1-2 million seller”.

That's exactly what's worrying me. I really couldn't get into Xenoblade, so people comparing this game to that kinda takes away my hype. I'll give it an honest chance once it arrives though.

Part of the problem is that I still own XC2. I should probably sell that, because as long as it's on my shelf I have the feeling I should finish that before starting another (J)RPG, which probably won't happen.

toiletduck

RedderRugfish

@toiletduck I think he was referring more to the kind of crowd it would attract rather than how it actually plays.

And if not, then I really don't understand why people would call the two similar, as Dragon Quest and Xenoblade are pretty far apart as JRPGs go these days.

Mario Maker 2: JN2-5GV-VTF
Latest Level: The Mario Repair Shop 361-D5D-1CG

Buizel

@toiletduck Just to second what @ReaderRagfihs said...I've not played DQXI, but based on my experience with DQ...DQ and Xenoblade couldn't be more different. Xenoblade is very much a modern RPG whereas DQ is traditional and turn-based.

That said, I personally vastly prefer Xenoblade to the DQ series.

Edited on by Buizel

Buizel

Tsurii

For anyone interested in the game, Smite is free to play now. Well, not sure if it is right now but it's supposed to go f2p sometime today.

Edited on by Tsurii

What a beautiful signature.
Chew.

Switch FC SW-2755-1473-1221
3DS FC 0662-8621-2250

Twitter

JaxonH

@toiletduck
I didn't mean it played like Xenoblade.

I meant a similar notariety and breadth of appeal.

NOW PLAYING

Jesus is Lord.

Ralizah

FYI Amazon has DQXI S, Astral Chain, and Mario Maker 2 available for a bit of a discount. Not nearly as good as their prime preorder discounts used to be, but it helps for those of us who live in areas with high sales taxes.

DQ and Astral Chain will likely be physical purchases for me, as I could see them getting pretty large. If I get Mario Maker, though, I'll download it, as I'll want it with me wherever I go. Ditto for Animal Crossing and Pokemon.

Edited on by Ralizah

Ralizah

EvilLucario

Ugh goddamn it. I should probably get them on physical since my 128 GB card is almost completely filled up, but I don't pay taxes because I set my location to a place without sales tax lol.

Not sure if I want Mario Maker as a physical or digital though. If the single-player is good enough I'll get it digital, but if the single-player is like it was for Mario Maker 1, I'm just getting it physical because I'm running out of space.

Metroid, Xenoblade, EarthBound shill

I run a YouTube/Twitch channel for fun. Check me out if you want to!

Please let me know before you send me a FC request, thanks.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

JaxonH

@EvilLucario
[See 1tb micro sd news]

The 512gb are already down in price to around $115

Edited on by JaxonH

NOW PLAYING

Jesus is Lord.

IceClimbers

Finally got around to playing the Daemon X Machina demo. There's definitely something there. Wouldn't necessarily surprise me if the game got delayed after taking the feedback into account.

Edited on by IceClimbers

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

IceClimbers

Trials Rising preload is live on the US eShop. Standard game is $25, the Gold Edition that comes with the DLC is $40.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

electrolite77

IceClimbers wrote:

Finally got around to playing the Daemon X Machina demo. There's definitely something there. Wouldn't necessarily surprise me if the game got delayed after taking the feedback into account.

I’ve been saying that. ‘Retooling in response to feedback’ gives them the perfect excuse to move something out of a ridiculously crowded second half of 2019.

Switch friend code - SW-5907-7972-1196

Nintendo network Username - GJB77

AlternateButtons

@IceClimbers I kind of hope it does get delayed. They have a lot they need to add and that framerate NEEDS to be optimized. I dont think they can do all that before a Summer release.

Want an awesome Let's Play show to watch when you're bored? Check out my new show, Alternate Buttons where we play games for your viewing pleasure! https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCG0IbzMJDa9hZJFTGOB8Vug/feed

3DS Friend Code: 4983-5439-2641 | Nintendo Network ID: Guitardude7

Knuckles-Fajita

I dont think Switch is as capable with UE4 as we think. Daemon x Machina doesnt run great, Fortnite just...jesus, and even Yoshi only hits 60fps with a resolution thats below 720p when docked, and incredibly low resolution depth of field effects.

We mag need to temper our expectations. Remember Epic forced the full version of an engine they made for PC years ago onto a mobile chipset.

Edited on by Knuckles-Fajita

NLI Discord:

https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

Octane

Knuckles-Fajita wrote:

and even Yoshi only hits 60fps with a resolution thats below 720p when docked, and incredibly low resolution depth of field effects.

I looked alright in handheld mode; haven't seen it docked yet. Maybe it's just the demo.

Octane

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic