Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 39,241 to 39,260 of 69,981

Magician

NintendoByNature wrote:

@DarthNocturnal gotcha sorry I never played sonic racing games yet.

The first two are great Mario Kart-clones, although not as amazing as Crash Team Racing. However, all the hands-on previews I've heard about the new Sonic Team Racing...haven't been very positive. A lot of comparisons are being made to Trailblazers, the team-oriented racer released last year. It's kind of..."meh".

Switch Physical Collection - 1,247 games (as of April 15th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

NintendoByNature

@Magician interesting, thankfully I didn't have my eyes on it. Especially with what's releasing around the same time as it

NintendoByNature

Grumblevolcano

I think the Zelda being annual comments is going to be a case of taking advantage of ports/remasters/remakes. So like let's say for example the Switch lasts as long as the 3DS (8 years), I'd guess we'd end up with these (first 3 are already known):

• BotW (already confirmed, 2017)
  • Hyrule Warriors Definitive Edition (already confirmed, 2018)
  • Link's Awakening (already confirmed, 2019)
  • Wind Waker HD (Wii U port)
  • Twilight Princess HD (Wii U port)
  • Skyward Sword HD (Wii remaster)
  • BotW 2 (new game using the BotW engine)
  • Oracle of Ages/Seasons (GB remake using the Link's Awakening engine)

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

NintendoByNature

@Grumblevolcano bring em all. Im not complaining, unless it's a triforce hero's style game that's unplayable as single player, Then ill complain. I dont mind if they implement multiplayer zelda but at the very least don't make single player a hassle

And really i think skyward sword and the 2 n64 games need a remaster before tp and ww.. granted, they had the 3d remaster but no home console remaster. Those are long over due.

Edited on by NintendoByNature

NintendoByNature

Magician

Galarian_Lassie wrote:

Warhammer 40000: Deathwatch for Switch has been cancelled.
https://nintendoeverything.com/

That's a bummer. As a casual fan of the Warhammer 40k universe and its lore, the lack of 40k games on Switch makes me sad. The tabletop game was always too daunting for me to get invested. I have zero artistic talent and can't paint for ****.

Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

HobbitGamer

@JaxonH @Shiryu Did either of you grab Strike Suit Zero today?

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

JaxonH

Sega not doing hot. Their new plan, according to IGN, is to basically ensure all new games, unlike past games like Yakuza and Persona which only releases on PS, come to all platforms, from PC to mobile and even next gen systems. Apparently the “let’s just make exclusive games for one platform because our directors don’t want to make games for anything else” isn’t cutting it anymore. Who knows if this will affect past titles like Persona 5, or only new titles such as Persona 5 Scramble (which would explain why it’s actually coming to Switch instead of “just PS4” like they usually do), or games already announced like SMTV (although if that’s the case, I imagine other previously announced games like Sakura Wars would also go multiplatform).

Idk what Sega was thinking. Like, PS gamers are the only ones who like to play video games or something. Serves em right. Stop making all your games exclusive and maybe your finances will take an upturn.

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

DarkRula

Got My Time At Portia last night. Been playing for the entirety of today. I did not expect it to hook me that much, but and I'm happy to have bought it.

As for Mario Kart, a next title is bound to come 2020 - unless that pattern of every three years since 2005 breaks. But could it see a revamp in following with MK8 and its DLC? After all, that content changed Mario Kart, breaking it open to offer a new format that could be taken advantage of. Two crossover cups with four crossover characters, or even expanding it into - as suggested - a more Mario Kart and Friends type game.

However, I'd much rather see them take a stab at a Double Dash style side game.

DarkRula

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3513-2745 | Nintendo Network ID: DarkRula

RR529

Got confirmation that my copy of Onimusha Warlords has shipped! Hopefully should be here next week.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

JaxonH

Diving into Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age and my goodness, what a game so far! After just wrapping up Final Fantasy X, a timeless classic and one of my absolute favorites of all time, I was doubting if this game could match the flawless victory of its predecessor. We shall see, but so far, so good!

@AlohaPizzaJack
Negative, haven’t actually heard of that game before.

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

FragRed

@JaxonH I don’t know about the latest games in the Yakuza series, but I know Sony put money into localisation for the west. So I do wonder if Sony may have some deal in place.

To be honest, Sega seem to have been doing badly, financially, for the past few years and every year they come out with a “new plan” to turn things around. It never seems to work.

NEW WEBSITE LAUNCHED! Regular opinion articles, retro game reviews and impression pieces on new games! ENGAGE VG: EngageVG.com

HobbitGamer

@JaxonH It’s a space shooter, with the fighter craft being able to change to a mech. The screens looked alright, but that may be my yearning for a Robotech type game seeping in. I thought it might have hit one of y’alls radar.

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

Magician

JaxonH wrote:

Sega not doing hot.

Bad for Sega, great for us. I wholeheartedly expect a good number of Sega's PS4 games to be ported to the Switch in an expedited fashion. Catherine: Full Body, Shenmue trilogy, Fist of the North Star: Lost Paradise, Alien Isolation, and the Utawarerumono series. Oddly enough, I feel as though the Yakuza, Hatsune Miku, Persona, and Vanillaware games will remain with PlayStation platforms. I have no info to back that assumption, it's just a gut feeling.

Because regardless of what Sega might say publicly, there's a healthy chunk of loyalty towards PlayStation platforms from the producers of those games. Nintendo really dropped the ball by not buying Atlus outright when they were for sale back in 2013. But you know what I really want, Sega? You can begin by correcting broken promises.

Edited on by Magician

Shiryu

@AlohaPizzaJack Grabbed it before it went on sale and sadly it was only playeable at 00:00 so I only got to play it yesterday:

An outstanding effort and please note I have the original STEAM release for some years back so I can tell u the graphics downgrade is negligible when putting both versions side-by-side. If you want a slice of Wing Commander on your Switch and already have EVERSPACE look no further.

"No Surrender, No Retreat."

Nintendo Network ID: Shiryu | Twitter:

HobbitGamer

@Shiryu Wow the music is nice, and it looks pretty fluid. I’ll definitely keep it on my list now. Thanks!

#MudStrongs

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic