Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 39,021 to 39,040 of 69,980

NintendoByNature

@subpopz yea I hear you. I wish i got smash digitally with how much I want to play it. I'll probably go digital for Mario maker since I'll play that in short spurts

NintendoByNature

JaxonH

@Galarian_Lassie
It’s just labeled on the back of the box. Seems Square Enix was aware of the fact people didn’t like the banner ruining the boxart. There’s a download for FFX-2, which is about 13gb. Final Fantasy X is on the NA cart, and sits at around 14gb.

There is also this version which can be imported, with both games on the same cart, and is identical to the NA version with English automatically set by your Switch’s language
Final Fantasy X/X-2 English Asian version

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Grumblevolcano

Not much time to wait before the Nintendo meeting (only a few days left), it'll be really interesting to see how well Switch has done as well as the potential announcements. Maybe we'll finally know what Mario Kart Tour is.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

GeeEmm

Im completely digital for Switch, apart from LABO VR, but I get the love for physical.
For me its movies. I have a massive physical BD/DVD collection that I will never ever get rid of.
But everything else, games, books, music even tv shows I love the ease of digital.
I dont think one needs to overtake the other, they should just peacefully coexist.

Edited on by GeeEmm

GeeEmm

Magician

There's potential for some serious news in gaming this week. April 25th. Nintendo investor meeting, Persona 5 S website update, and a special announcement for A Hat In Time. We're coming to the end of April. Does Nintendo really have nothing to announce between now and E3?

Things are too quiet for my liking.

Switch Physical Collection - 1,247 games (as of April 15th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

JaxonH

I’m convinced Persona 5 will come to Switch... but later. There’s a lot of information that’s come out suggesting that it is coming, including not one but two retailer leaks (BestBuy and GameStop), but recent information seems to point at P5S being something else, which would actually align with the retailer leaks, both of which simply stated “Persona 5” rather than “Persona 5 S”

For now, I think it’s best to forget about that one and will revisit it when the time is right.

So many great games coming to Switch, I think the one I want to see announced most, is Metroid Prime Trilogy and the next portable Monster Hunter game. I don’t expect word on MH until Iceborne releases, similar to how they waited for MHWorld to announce MHGenUlt. Provided they release Metroid Prime Trilogy this year, that’s a-ok by me. That will mean Fire Emblem, Metroid Prime Trilogy and Final Fantasy X, 3 of my absolute faves of all time, dropped in the same year on a hybrid system, not to mention the dozens upon dozens of others like Mario Maker 2, Astral Chain, Zelda Links Awakening, Luigi’s Mansion, Pokemon, Animal Crossing, Marvel Ultimate Alliance, etc etc and a nice spread of 3rd party.

Which at this point, we’re covered with 1st party. I’m more excited to see which 3rd party games make it over. I’m more interested in seeing the classics brought over than the mega modern AAA stuff. More Darksiders/Dragons Dogma/Final Fantasy type stuff.

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Aozz101x

Fitness Boxing surpassed 300,000 units world wide!
https://nintendoeverything.com/fitness-boxing-shipments-have-...

My Top 9 Favorite Games of All time.
1. Judgement
2. Baldur's Gate 3
3. Bully (Rockstar)
4. Person 4 / Golden
5. Sonic Adventure 2
6. Xenoblade X
7. Ape Escape 2
8. Animal Crossing: New Leaf
9. James Bond 007 Nightfire

Switch Friend Code: SW-5070-3616-4044 | 3DS Friend Code: 4828-8466-0472 | My Nintendo: Aozz101x | Twitter:

JaxonH

That’s nuts,

Gives me hope for games like Darksiders and Final Fantasy X/X-2. If Fitness Boxing hit 300k, that bodes well for these other titles.

I think it’s safe to say Skyrim has likely surpassed 2 million by this point, working on 3 million. It outsold Xenoblade 2 pound for pound, and even now is still in the top 100 of the eShop (and has consistently hovered between #50-100 since it launched). And Xenoblade 2 hit 1.5m, probably closer to 2m by now. So Skyrim definitely has to be chipping away at million number 3.

If only FFX/X-2 could pass 1m sold. Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate did it, and without much help from Japan. Basically did 1m in the west after factoring out JP. Unfortunately, FFX/X-2 did 16k in Japan week one, same as PS4. Vita did like 150k, but that was the initial release alongside PS3, whereas PS4 was a port, and Switch was a port after that. Still, it means the game will get NO help from Japan whatsoever. Maybe 50k total.

But ya, this tells me games are selling a lot better than we might think. Which is good.

FragRed

@JaxonH Has there been word that there will be a Monster Hunter in development for the Switch? I assume whatever is developed would be exclusive and thus require it's own team. Just wonder if Capcom has the resources or desire to focus on two games in the same franchise at the same time.

As for Metroid Prime Trilogy, as awesome as that would be, I am guessing that the second half of the year is pretty much complete regarding first party games and I get the feeling we won't hear any more form the Prime series until whenever Prime 4 gets revealed (again). That is when I reckon the Prime Trilogy will be officially announced. I kinda feel Bayonetta 1 & 2 may have been released a little too early considering we haven't seen anything on the third game since the teaser reveal.

NEW WEBSITE LAUNCHED! Regular opinion articles, retro game reviews and impression pieces on new games! ENGAGE VG: EngageVG.com

Grumblevolcano

@Magician There's also the BotW and Mario Odyssey Labo VR updates that day.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

JaxonH

@FragRed
Yup. Capcom has always had two separate MH teams working on two separate games at the same time. When World was being developed, the other team was making Generation, Gen Ult and the Switch port.

We also have a hint from King Zell, the last before he dropped off the grid, that MH is being developed for Switch. We also have the "NEXT" tease the Generations producer gave us on the 15th anniversary card, similar to how he teased unannounced content for the 10th anniversary. Plus, it would make way too much sense as a mini Switch is on the way, and you know Nintendo is gonna want Pokemon and Monster Hunter on their new super pocketable system to spark fire in Japan.

And given MH Generations sold 5 mil copies on a single platform as a low budget 240p entry, compared to 10 mil across 3 platforms with a super high budget, expensive entry, you know Capcom knows they're missing out on MEGA profit by not releasing- no way they concede the portable market when they have two teams to take advantage of both. And when Switch MH sales would exceed the per-platform average World achieved (and at a similar $60 price, unlike the the 3DS games). Oh, and Capcom said MHGenUlt sold way better than they were expecting, so there's also that.

I think Metroid Prime Trilogy will be delayed but perhaps not that long. Next year at the latest, as that would be 12-18 months after the original release was supposedly planned, and they scrapped 18 months of development, so the timeline fits. I think Metroid Prime Trilogy and Pikmin 3 may get pushed to next year though given how packed it already is in 2019. And I wouldn't be able to fault them for that.

Edited on by JaxonH

Octane

So... how about Pikmin 4?

Octane

Magician

Octane wrote:

So... how about Pikmin 4?

Technically finished, yet Nintendo holds it from release...for whatever reason.

Honestly any entry made available on Switch would be welcomed.

Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

FragRed

@JaxonH The Switch port being of the 3DS game and selling so incredibly well wouldn't require a massive team, and the fact it sold so well despite being a port says to me that Capcom may well do the same thing again - porting another 3DS game to the Switch. Capcom do love porting old games, especially to the Switch where it requires low costs/small development teams but so far has seen huge sales in comparison. So much easier and cheaper than going out of your way to develop a brand new release just for the system.

NEW WEBSITE LAUNCHED! Regular opinion articles, retro game reviews and impression pieces on new games! ENGAGE VG: EngageVG.com

DannyBoi

I have a quite bad issssue with my switch battery.It is taking longer than it should to charge[sometimes 6-7 hours] but it drains in 3-4 hours like is usual. It has been charged 400 times. The battery indicator is also innacurate. what is going on any idea?

Destiny, justice and retribrution will be mine.

Grumblevolcano

I think Nintendo will do the Bayonetta treatment for a lot of the remaining ports. Announce the port and then announce the new game straight after. 3D World being a main exception as it seems 3D World's future is in 2D (Mario Maker 2) so the new game announcement's coming first.

Grumblevolcano

JaxonH

@FragRed
Nah. Not for MH.

It sold well for a third port. But it only did 25% of what the original release sold. They port alot of games that have never been on the system, and thus have alot of demand. Porting games that already sold to the fanbase only goes so far. Generations Ultimate was it, just to get a MH game on the system as fans were thirsty.

They're not gonna port another 3DS MH game, of that you can be certain. They'll want that 5 million + from a new entry, as they have always made new entries for Nintendo in the past. Only MH port we may see is a portable version of World. If they port, they'll port that. Otherwise itll be a new game.

Magician

@Grumblevolcano - Meh. Labo VR holds no interest for me. Especially with PS5 and PSVR 2.0 right around the corner.

NEStalgia

@JaxonH Please let it be a new game that fixes the catastrophically broken coop.....

NEStalgia

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic