Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 38,981 to 39,000 of 45,729

HobbitGamer

@Knuckles-Fajita Releases 2019 on Swatch and Swatch Mani

#TeamPineapple
#MeatAndGreet

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

Tsurii

Huh, I have no idea how old the listing is but GameStop Germany has Spyro for Switch on their site. €60,77 for August 16th.

According to the Google News...thingy the page went up an hour ago, but like I said, I don't know if that's just an older placeholder listing in anticipation of ports for switch and PC like everyone expects/expected.

https://www.gamestop.de/Switch/Games/54380

What a beautiful signature.
Chew.

Switch FC SW-2755-1473-1221
3DS FC 0662-8621-2250

Twitter

Knuckles-Fajita

@Tsurii €60? That's £50 bloody pounds! What?!

Activision better not price hike it to hell and back!

Also, cant wait to see how this runs, and if they fix Spyro 3. That was a trainwreck given they had to outsource the thing to another studio entirely. Oh, and they credited about 18 companies in the credits....

NLI Discord:

https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

WebHead

Hey we should be seeing more about SMT V this year. It was announced back in January 2017.

WebHead

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3217-6922 | Nintendo Network ID: JTPrime

Tsurii

@Knuckles-Fajita I think I mentioned it when I started playing 3 but I had zero issues with that game. I did everything it had to offer as well. Like...maybe it's bias cause 3 is my personal favorite but it felt just like playing the ps1 game all over to me.
I did encounter a single glitch, with that lion's girlfriend in Sheila's section of Sunny Villa dropping through the floor after getting her reward but that didn't break anything.

It definitely wasn't a trainwreck (like the controls in the Crash remake). Not for me anyway, far from it. I'm of the opinion that the reignited trilogy is a near flawless recreation of what made the games special to me when I was 6.

Chew.

3DS FC 0662-8621-2250

Twitter

EvilLucario

I'm just still annoyed they didn't even give PC the time of day. Pro/X can't run at 60fps, so PC is the only way to play them at 60fps like Crash N.Sane.

Metroid, Xenoblade, EarthBound shill

I run a YouTube/Twitch channel for fun. Check me out if you want to!

Please let me know before you send me a FC request, thanks.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

Grumblevolcano

Activision as a whole is quite the trainwreck at the moment, they even got sued for shutting down Guitar Hero TV last year.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

DannyBoi

My Switch download speeds are slow at the moment. Says a game update will take 4 hours.

Destiny, justice and retribrution will be mine.

Buizel

@Tsurii I've heard mixed reports.

I 100+%ed all three games on PS4 and had zero issues.

Meanwhile my sister couldn't 100% Spyro 3 because of glitches to her gem count (also PS4). The progress menu would show her owning all gems, but as she didn't have all gems in posession (despite defeating Moneybags at the end) she was unable to enter the final portal. And strangely, for some stages, she was listed as having more than the total number of gems for that stage.

...I would still double dip for the game on Switch though - they're that good imo (among the best 3D collectathon platformers of all time). Just as long as they don't turn out any buggier.

Edited on by Buizel

Buizel

FragRed

With all that is happening at Activision between stock prices falling drastically, hundreds being made unemployed due to senior executives screwing up and sales apparently not living up to expectations... I think the next couple of years is going to be really interesting for the company as a whole and the games they develop/publish. The same for EA too.

ENGAGE VG: www.engagevg.com

DannyBoi

Has anybody been having trouble with slow downloads on the switch? My Switch like I said in a previous post is taking 4 hours to download agme update and my Switch is slow during the update(things opening slow).

Destiny, justice and retribrution will be mine.

Knuckles-Fajita

@Tsurii I had characters not react to me, so I couldn't talk to them, frame rate issues, and serious collision issues on the skateboard.

NLI Discord:

https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

JaxonH

EA and Activision got such bloated egos from their success they basically wrote off Nintendo en masse. Nintendo? Eh, they’re chump change, inconsistent, underpowered, different architecture, and we’re already stacking coin like Scrooge McDuck with nothing but PS4/X1/PC, where we can develop one game and run it through software that automatically spits out 3 separate versions with minimal extra work.

Maybe these gyrations in their stock price will force them to re-evaluate supplementary income through new avenues. Even if just to save face in front of their investors (because I seriously doubt income from Nintendo will even account for 5% of their total earnings, but then again, if they released EVERY single game on Switch, that number could be closer to 15-20%).

I heard about the Spyro listing. And I mean, ya, we knew it was coming. Nintendo’s own store let the cat out of the bag (perhaps intentionally to calm the outrage of “why isn’t this on Switch, and day and date at that?”).

I have a feeling we’re gonna get a game every single month of the year in 2019, save February, which will be used instead for a Direct, which will generate the hype in place of a game release. There’s so many games on the table for this year now, they HAVE to release a game a month or they won’t fit them all in. They might even have to release two in the same month once or twice. Let’s take a look, shall we?

1 New Super Mario Bros U Deluxe
2 Yoshi’s Crafted World
3 Animal Crossing
4 Fire Emblem Three Houses
5 Luigi’s Mansion 3
6 Pokémon
7 Daemon X Machina
8 Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3
9 Pikmin 3
10 Mario Maker 2
11 2D Zelda
12 Metroid Prime Trilogy
13 Unannounced Game 1
14 Unannounced Game 2

That’s not counting LABO, eShop releases or Retro Studio’s game either. Add those in, and the potential for another Platinum game beside Bayo3 (Wonderful 101 or Wonderful 102?) and we’re looking at like, nearly 20 games. One month has no releases (February) which means the remaining 10 months following would have to divvy up 18 games among them. That’s like, dang near two per month. And that’s not counting 3rd party either, which we’ve been told is going to be even better this year (which, frankly, was an obvious conclusion given the rising trend to date). Could be some real surprises in store, too. Monster Hunter, Kingdom Hearts, Persona 5... I can’t imagine Atlus being like, hmmm, Joker in Smash, Smash sells 12 million copies in 3 weeks... nah, we’re good, we don’t wanna sell our game on that system even though we have no other portable system to release on. Vita or bust baby! Can’t see it.

Edited on by JaxonH

PLAYING
NS: Fire Emblem Three Houses, Dragon Quest Builders 2, Marvel Ultimate Alliance
Vita: Super Monkey Ball: Banana Splitz

Jesus is Lord.

CLICK HERE For My Switch Collection

Grumblevolcano

@JaxonH You should keep rumoured games in spoiler tags.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

WebHead

Yep Nintendo is going hard this year. Really wanna build the install base before next gen comp. arrives. Especially going after the kids and handheld players this year.

WebHead

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3217-6922 | Nintendo Network ID: JTPrime

FragRed

@Grumblevolcano You are right. Apex Legends did save EA, but that was a short term save. EA will need more than that to truly save them. They have a few games coming this year and I feel like they are all going to need to perform well above "expectations" to not see a repeat scenario.

ENGAGE VG: www.engagevg.com

Tsurii

@FragRed @Grumblevolcano kinda hope people are gullible enough to splurge on Apex's lootboxes. I'm not gonna have a disadvantage not buying em cause they're entirely cosmetic/in no way influence gameplay and EA/Respawn make enough money to keep supporting a game that's already super fun (and that comes from someone who hates crap like Fortnite, PUBG and Blackout. Apex just does things different enough for me have really gotten into it already)

Chew.

3DS FC 0662-8621-2250

Twitter

EvilLucario

The whole live service thing reminds me of the whole trends with MMOs, then MOBAs, and now battle royales.

Metroid, Xenoblade, EarthBound shill

I run a YouTube/Twitch channel for fun. Check me out if you want to!

Please let me know before you send me a FC request, thanks.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic