Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 38,941 to 38,960 of 42,487

GrailUK

@FragRed I want no part of your underworld shenanigans lol.

I never drive faster than I can see. Besides, it's all in the reflexes.

Switch FC: SW-0287-5760-4611

JaxonH

@GrailUK
Ya. It’s looking like Secret of Mana Collection is getting released in the west. Except... the third game. The registered trademarks only covered the two that are already localized. And I can’t see them releasing that collection with a missing game.

Which makes me think they will sell the two games individually on the eshop, rather than releasing one retail package of all 3.

Edited on by JaxonH

NOW PLAYING
NS: Final Fantasy XII, Final Fantasy X, Team Sonic Racing, Assassin’s Creed 3, Darksiders
PS4 / PSVR / Vita / X1 / PC / Rift / GPDwin2 / Wii U / 3DS: [nothing]

Jesus is Lord.

My Nintendo: JaxonH

gcunit

WebHead wrote:

I really do think the MP4 issues kinda messed up their calender year plans. And right now things are being changed around as to the lineup.

IDK. It seems weird to think a massive company could get caught out like that with one of its cherished(ish) IPs. Loaning it out to BN to make the game and not monitoring the progress with it sounds pretty amateurish. But this is Nintendo I guess.

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

WebHead

@gcunit plus some projects like fire emblem seem to be taking longer than expected. But yeah seems things got a bit messed up behind the scenes. Really though hope things get better for the fans. Cant live off indies and late ports forever.

WebHead

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3217-6922 | Nintendo Network ID: JTPrime

Magician

JaxonH wrote:

@GrailUK
Ya. It’s looking like Secret of Mana Collection is getting released in the west. Except... the third game. The registered trademarks only covered the two that are already localized. And I can’t see them releasing that collection with a missing game. Which makes me think they will sell the two games individually on the eshop, rather than releasing one retail package of all 3.

Ugh, that hurts my soul.

Switch Physical Collection - 344 games (as of June 10th, 2019)
Currently playing: Cytus Alpha (Switch) Mary Skelter (PS Vita) Borderlands The Pre-sequel (PS4)
Favorite Quote: "Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." -Arthur C. Clarke

EvilLucario

The FY Q3 2019 investor Q&A just got officially translated to English.

https://www.nintendo.co.jp/ir/pdf/2019/190208e.pdf

Interesting stuff here. Especially the bit about the proportion between male and female developers, the online plans to improve it on a yearly basis, focusing more on nurturing in-house developers to maintain quality than just hiring more people, etc. It's a bit of a lengthy read, but still interesting regardless.

Edited on by EvilLucario

Metroid, Xenoblade, EarthBound shill

I run a YouTube/Twitch channel for fun. Check me out if you want to!

Please let me know before you send me a FC request, thanks.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

HobbitGamer

@EvilLucario That is a nice read. Good to hear they're looking at curating the younger talent will retaining some semblance of the 'Nintendo way'.

@WebHead You mean the part where a person just says "13 is your lucky number"? Yeah, in Italy, it is.

#TeamPineapple
#MeatAndGreet

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

Luffymcduck

Today, I remembered something:

It's been almost two years since Disney Afternoon Collection, the collection consisting of classic Nintendo exclusive Disney games by Capcom, came to every other platform than Nintendo Switch. It's still not available on Nintendo Switch. Still no easy way to experience classic Disney games on the go.

And now I'm sad.

Edited on by Luffymcduck

It would be great if David Wise made soundtracks to all future Nintendo games.

AlexSora89

@Luffymcduck
Same here.

Guys, I have cool news to report. We're getting some awesome games, it seems. I oughta turn off the PC now, so feel free to discuss and report to NL's editors.

I don't quite have lots o' loot, because I'm from the Boot.

http://www.nintendolife.com/super-mario-maker/users/AlexSora89
(Currently seeking Stars.)

3DS Friend Code: 2320-6287-1558 | Nintendo Network ID: AlexSora89

AlexSora89

@JackEatsSparrows
Crap, I didn't realise that was the article. I'm dumb.

HobbitGamer

@AlexSora89 Nah, we'll just say you're....enthusiastic

#TeamPineapple
#MeatAndGreet

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

JaxonH

@WebHead
That guy is just linking to King Zhell, the person I mentioned earlier as having an immaculate record.

When King Zhell speaks, you should be taking notes. Not saying he's 100% immune to being wrong here and there but, just take a look at his track record...

https://www.resetera.com/threads/switch-rumor-archive-rebirth...

Also from King Zhell

There are a bunch of announcements coming this year but am not sure when.

SPOILER: 2019 GAMES

Including Pikmin 3, Maker 2, Boxboy, and of course the 2D Zelda and Pokemon. MPT probably will be at the Direct.

Edited on by JaxonH

NOW PLAYING
NS: Final Fantasy XII, Final Fantasy X, Team Sonic Racing, Assassin’s Creed 3, Darksiders
PS4 / PSVR / Vita / X1 / PC / Rift / GPDwin2 / Wii U / 3DS: [nothing]

Jesus is Lord.

My Nintendo: JaxonH

FragRed

@Luffymcduck I think it's safe to assume that collection will never come to the Switch if it's been that long.I have to assume that at the time there was some concern about whether the Switch would be a success and so was left out of development, and since then licensing has been the reason it won't be coming over. At least that gives me a kind of closure on the whole scenario that doesn't make me go insane due to how crazy it is to not have it available.

ENGAGE VG: www.engagevg.com

AlexSora89

@JackEatsSparrows
I guess I am! (Never turned off the PC, in the end - but I will, later, because bedtime comes for everyone.)

HobbitGamer

He's 5 for 8. One of his current things is that Mario Maker is coming 2019. That's after he claimed it was coming in July 2018, but then said he was guessing.

This all reminds me of that pastor in the US that gives a specific date for the end of the world, but when the date comes and goes, he says "oh, well it was misinterpreted wrong" and gives a new date. XD

#TeamPineapple
#MeatAndGreet

Ralizah

I hope that leak is wrong. 2D Zelda aside, none of the announcements do much for me.

Ralizah

NintendoByNature

@JackEatsSparrows the world has ended multiple times from what I remember. Y2k, December 21st 2012, and most recently, January 31st 2019 when no direct arrived for that month 🤑

NintendoByNature

GrailUK

...Super Monkey Ball Deluxe must have delayed till the next Direct then...

I never drive faster than I can see. Besides, it's all in the reflexes.

Switch FC: SW-0287-5760-4611

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic