Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 38,861 to 38,880 of 43,690

Buizel

@Knuckles-Fajita doesn't really make sense considering even the Wii U got the game.

Maybe Ubisoft were hanging around forums full of Switch owners complaining about Wii U ports that day...

Buizel

DarthNocturnal

Farmboy74 wrote:

how many people would buy what is arguably the weakest game in the series to date??

Well, I would so.. that's one!

Actually, it's less “would“, more “will“, given that I have an XB1.

"Sometimes, I just don't understand human behavior" - C-3P0

bluemage1989

@Farmboy74 I'd buy it!! I actually really enjoyed it on WiiU. I'd say AC1 and Unity, while still good games, are the weakest games in the series.

SW 6041 0289 6234

Currently Playing:

Switch: Super Smash Bros: Ultimate, Donkey Kong: Tropical Freeze, Arms and Mario Odyssey.

N64: Top Gear Rally.

Mega Drive: Streets of Rage 1, 2 and 3.

SNES: F Zero and Donkey Kong Country.

WebHead

Nintendo taking their sweet time eh?

Edited on by WebHead

WebHead

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3217-6922 | Nintendo Network ID: JTPrime

Knuckles-Fajita

@WebHead At this point Im just playing Fortnite (Moved over to the PC version), Kingdom Hearts 3, and soon after Persona 5.

My Switch is kinda gathering dust despite having a few new games to play. Problem is a lot of those are ones I have already played...

NLI Discord:

https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

WebHead

Like I get it all the "big" 2019 games like FE and LM3 are already annoujced but it would be nice for the fans to be shown new stuff. It is not hard.

WebHead

Grumblevolcano

@WebHead Not even that, apart from Yoshi and Daemon X Machina we know virtually nothing about the games that have been announced with the latter not having a release date either.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Sadist

Chill peeps

I still have Vesperia and RE 2.

Have a backlog consisting of LA Noire, Dark Souls (Switch), Prey and the Evil Within 2 (PS4).

Sadist

WebHead

@Sadist nah, I'll expect a company that wants be to buy a long term product to keep me in the know on the incentives to do so.

Edited on by WebHead

WebHead

Farmboy74

@DarthNocturnal and @bluemage1989, it's good to see AC III has some fans, personally I had it on WiiU and sold it after completing it. While I liked the historical setting this entry in the series just didn't click with me after the first act.

Farmboy74

HobbitGamer

@Farmboy74 I just grabbed it on WiiU for less than $2 in December. I haven't gone much into playing as Connor, so I'll probably wait and think about it if a Switch version is announced. I played it back on release, so it'd be fresh enough. I'd like to have Rogue, though. or even the Ezio trilogy. Maybe they're trying to pull a Skyrim and release III on everything they can. (Without thinking it through, haha)

#TeamPineapple
#MeatAndGreet

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

Knuckles-Fajita

@WebHead Like that Death Stranding and The Last of Us 2 and Ghost of Tsushima and HALO Infinite and Battletoads and Gears 5...

Now I think about it at least Nintendo actually has a year on projects. For PS4 this year we have Days Gone and...er...the rest may be this year?

And for Xbox theres Battletoads weve seen nothing of for 2019, Crackdown 3 next week and then...HALO and Gears eventually.

For Nintendo we have Yoshi in March, Fire Emblem in Spring, Animal Crossing, Town, Pokemon, and Luigi's Mansion just to name a few for this year, confirmed.

Granted, it would be nice to see some of those games right now, but you cant say Nintendo isnt keeping you in the know on their incentives.

We know up until March. That is the short term. We know 2019s outline. That is the long term.

To promise something to a specific day and show it off so far in advance for the sake "of long term security" is a bit foolish. They did that with the Wii U and it went poorly.

Heck, let's break down the "long term investment" you are expecting that we as consumers know about per platform.

PS4

Death Stranding - TBA, footage shown
Ghost of Tsushima - TBA, footage shown
The Last of Us Part II - TBA, footage shown
Days Gone - April 2019
Concrete Genie - TBA
Dreams - TBA, beta concluded
Medievil - October 2019, footage shown

Xbox One

Battletoads - TBA
Gears 5 - TBA
Gears Tactics - TBA
Gears POP - TBA
Crackdown 3 - February 15th 2019
HALO Infinite - TBA

Switch

Yoshi's Crafted World - March 29th 2019
Fire Emblem Three Houses - Spring 2019, footage shown
Daemon X Machina - 2019, footage shown
Luigi's Mansion - 2019, footage shown
Animal Crossing - 2019
Pokemon - 2019
Town - 2019, footage shown
Dragon Quest Builders 2 - 2019, footage shown
Metroid Prime 4 - TBA
Bayonetta 3 - TBA

I feel as though that yes, they dont have as many games with exact dates yet, they only have two that dont even release windows, and a good few with footage shown. Compare this to the Xbox Ones....well look at it, and PS4 with titles we have seen a lot of in recent years but have no idea when they are coming.

Really it's pick your poison. Have a few titles you know are coming and have seen a lot of, but radio silence outside of major events with no release windows given, or have many titles that you know have release windows but havent seen much of yet, save for the most relevant few over the next month or so?

Edited on by Knuckles-Fajita

NLI Discord:

KryptoniteKrunch

Meh, I prefer Nintendo's approach of not announcing games too early(I know theres exceptions here, but they don't make a habit of doing it)and only giving full reveals when the time comes. For example, Mario Odyssey and Smash Ultimate were announced and released within a 12 month period. I never really "got" the 3-5 year hype cycles some companies like to do.

Now playing: SEGA Genesis Collection, Starlink, Final Fantasy 7

Nintendo Network ID: KryptoniteKrunch

WebHead

@Knuckles-Fajita idk I just really do not like the way Nintendo treats their fans. I am not fond of them as a business.

WebHead

RedderRugfish

Ralizah wrote:

I mean, I like Directs as much as anyone, but what's the sense in sitting around and driving your yourself nuts waiting for one to be announced?

Not to mention that when you finally do get a direct, then you get to sit around for months driving yourself nuts waiting to finally play the games shown in the direct.

Mario Maker 2: JN2-5GV-VTF
Latest Level: The Mario Repair Shop 361-D5D-1CG

Knuckles-Fajita

@WebHead Updated my post, regarding published titles by each platform holder that we know of, the long term investment is remarkably secure on Nintendo's side, given how many of their titles have release windows and footage shown. Its a case of if you prefer knowing lots of release windows and footage comes as each moves closer, or seeing it loads before a release window is even announced and constant radio silence between each snippet of info.

Like to be honest, this year, up to December, I know what is coming up on Switch a lot more than I do on PS4 and Xbox One. Sure I havent seen all the games yet, but I know they exist, and I know that when those games get closer to release, that info will come.

I mean for PS4 just in 2019 we have what, Days Gone? After that its Medievil and a lot of space. I dont know if any of their other exclusives are something I can even factor into my spending this year. Same with the Xbox, after Crackdown there is Battletoads, but everything else is TBA. On my Switch, I know I'll be buying Daemon x Machina, Animal Crossing, Luigi's Mansion, Pokemon, Fire Emblem and Yoshi all this year.

NLI Discord:

WebHead

Not everything is about exclusives. There is third party too and the third party side on switch just does not interest me. I do not enjoy pixelated roguelike arcade games. Yes those issues on soyn stand but at least there is compelling third party content for me anyway. Idk maybe I'm just bored.

WebHead

Grumblevolcano

For Microsoft the Gears games are 2019, Ori 2 is 2019 and Battletoads is 2019 according to E3 2018. Halo Infinite's the only one without a release year and that's probably a BotW type situation with next gen. That said Gears 5 should be the only Gears game listed when talking just about XB1 though as Tactics is PC and POP is mobile.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Farmboy74

@JackEatsSparrows, that's a really bargain price you got there!. I've not played Rogue so I would like to play that and the Ezio trilogy as I never played Revelations. The trouble with having said that is I could get them for my PS4!!

But I would sooner buy games on the Switch as I like the hybrid nature and not being tied to a box under the TV.

Farmboy74

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic