Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 38,841 to 38,860 of 43,511

NEStalgia

@JaxonH It flew under the radar in it's original launch, too. Not sure why, I guess a mix of bad marketing and an off the trail theme.

@Buizel KH3.....we'll see if they do Story So Far for XBox and Switch first. It's a glaring hole in XBox since KH3 is there. It's a glaring hole in Switch since half the games were Nintendo handheld games to begin with. If they do Story So Far, I'd bet they'd do KH3 (I mean it's Nintendo, Square, FF, and Disney....only Square could miss a money window that wide...)

@JaxonH KH is special because it's FF x Disney. Anything x Disney is an instant legend. They story is worse than bad, it's a disaster of pure incoherent nonsense. The gameplay is an action RPG, but it's different in every installment, so it never gets stale. Kind of mindless fun. Plus some platforming. But the big thrill is the interaction in "bent" versions of famous Disney worlds.....it's really one of a kind. I'm not even a big Disney fan (though I love their classics which are well represented in the games) It's less about the game, and more about "being there" I guess.

NEStalgia

link3710

So... All you people who want achievements on the Switch might be getting your wish.

https://m.windowscentral.com/microsoft-wants-bring-xbox-live-...

I'm oddly okay with this solution, since it means I can just opt out of connecting an XBL account, but it's pretty amazing that they're planning on bringing achievements and system messaging to Switch on non-microsoft titles via XBL support. Obviously this won't affect first party Nintendo titles, but there's a lot of multiplatform stuff that might support this if it takes off.

Or y'know this might be a load of smoke that amounts to nothing, who can say.

link3710

NEStalgia

@link3710 As an XBox owner, that would really be pretty exciting to have integrated support between my two different platforms like that (please, Microsoft, take over cloud saves..... yours work.... ), but it doesn't sound like it makes a lot of sense in reality. XBL being "the best" was always their gateway to getting XBox players.

NEStalgia

link3710

@NEStalgia It's certainly weird. But Microsoft has officially announced it, which means they have Nintendo's buy in I'd assume? You're probably right though, the implementation will likely fall flat and be forgotten. Still, it's nice to hope.

link3710

Grumblevolcano

By the current pattern, we should be knowing February's NES games tonight. I wonder if Nintendo will pull the Japan exclusives trick this month

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

EvilLucario

KH3 can absolutely run on Switch. But you'd need to tone down a LOT of things and lock it to 30fps.

Although KH3 should at the very least come to PC. I would like to play the game at something higher than 60fps, if possible. Vanquish in particular feels amazing at 144fps, so action games running at 144fps would really make it better. If it's not possible to run it above 60fps, then at least a very consistent 60fps is fine with me.

FFXV took a few years to get on PC, so I'm willing to wait for KH3 to pop up there. It also supports arbitrary framerates, so that bodes well for a potential KH3 PC port.

Edited on by EvilLucario

Metroid, Xenoblade, EarthBound shill

I run a YouTube/Twitch channel for fun. Check me out if you want to!

Please let me know before you send me a FC request, thanks.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

NEStalgia

@subpopz MS is a platform services company, Nintendo isn't, and Sony's been trying and failing to make closed platforms for 45 years.

NEStalgia

EvilLucario

So I just spent the last two hours reading through a ResetERA thread of people losing their minds over no Direct announcements while also literally praying and pinning for a Direct announcement in six hours or at least within this month.

God why do I do this **** to myself

Metroid, Xenoblade, EarthBound shill

I run a YouTube/Twitch channel for fun. Check me out if you want to!

Please let me know before you send me a FC request, thanks.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

bixente

Lol I've been reading that thread myself, because of Emily Rogers. I'm kind of obsessed about the various speculations on what those mystery titles could be.

Friend code

SW-0378-6005-8904

Ralizah

@EvilLucario I really don't understand why people are so antsy for a Direct all of the time. Don't they have a backlog?

I mean, I like Directs as much as anyone, but what's the sense in sitting around and driving your yourself nuts waiting for one to be announced?

Edited on by Ralizah

Ralizah

HobbitGamer

@Ralizah Same thoughts here. I've got so many options to game already. I don't want to get confused with more stuff

#TeamPineapple
#MeatAndGreet

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

GyroZeppeli

Those that are anxious for a Direct are setting themselves up for disappointment. Seriously, all of January there were tons of leaks that were all fake, yet they still think it’s coming right after the Nindie Presentation. 🤔🧐

Please notify me if you want to add me on Switch before sending a request. It makes my life easier.

Switch Friend Code: SW-6148-2681-7704

bluemage1989

I am excited as all hell for another direct and have the most unrealistic expectations. My life is just a rollercoaster of intense excitement, disappointment, hype and confusion but I love that

SW 6041 0289 6234

Currently Playing:

Switch: Super Smash Bros: Ultimate, Donkey Kong: Tropical Freeze, Arms and Mario Odyssey.

N64: Top Gear Rally.

Mega Drive: Streets of Rage 1, 2 and 3.

SNES: F Zero and Donkey Kong Country.

Knuckles-Fajita

RIP Assassins Creed 3 dreams. XD

NLI Discord:

https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

DarkRula

Gen-8'mon Direct, followed by an Animal Crossing Direct, followed by a Direct that's meant to be a general one but actually ends up being one centred on F-Zero. Then a general one in March that announces the Metroid Prime Trilogy, a new Zelda, and a fully explorable Wuhu Island that offers complete freedom in things to do. Which then ends with the announcement that a special version of Rare Replay is being released thanks to Microsoft co-operation, along with the return of Midtown Madness exclusively on Switch.

DarkRula

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3513-2745 | Nintendo Network ID: DarkRula

GyroZeppeli

@DarkRula I didn’t know it was already April 1st.

Please notify me if you want to add me on Switch before sending a request. It makes my life easier.

Switch Friend Code: SW-6148-2681-7704

Farmboy74

While it's disappointing that Assassins Creed III is not coming to the Switch, how many people would buy what is arguably the weakest game in the series to date??

Farmboy74

MsJubilee

Farmboy74 wrote:

the weakest game in the series to date??

Weakest? That title goes to Unity, with all its problems at launch and beyond, there was nothing that can top Unity.

Edited on by MsJubilee

I've died,there is no more me.

Finished reading God's Left Hand, Devil's Right Hand. Started on Grappler Baki.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

DarkRula

@GyroZeppeli April 1st has nothing on unrealistic expectations. If you buy into the hype of anything, you're only buying into disappointment [in terms of the unrealistic part, anyway].

DarkRula

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3513-2745 | Nintendo Network ID: DarkRula

Farmboy74

I agree that Unity was a complete and utter mess at launch and took numerous patches to get it to an acceptable level, I was referring to the story line in AC III to be considered by many the weakest entry so far.

Farmboy74

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic