Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 38,821 to 38,840 of 69,981

HobbitGamer

@subpopz @NintendoByNature Itā€™s all in the thermal paste. Shhhh, let us speak of it no more, lest we be set upon by ninjas.

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

FragRed

Iā€™m surprised no ones commented on the blatant fact that Nintendo plans to not only self destruct everyoneā€™s current Switch console, but also will force everyone to play a very ā€œspecialā€ game that brainwashes them to help Nintendo take over the world by first destroying all competing systems on the market and then eliminating anyone who does not comply with purchasing only Nintendo products going forward.

Itā€™s all in the Switch manual, towards the back.

NEW WEBSITE LAUNCHED! Regular opinion articles, retro game reviews and impression pieces on new games! ENGAGE VG: EngageVG.com

JaxonH

Check it... $6 each from Etsy. Super high-quality paper and I just slipped inside some Switch cases I purchased from Nintendo by the 5 pack (can also buy with case included but itā€™s a bit extra).

This makes me feel even better about certain games being digital only on Switch. Iā€™ll need one for Hellblade now, and maybe South Park Stick of Truth (also bought a red label version of Darksiders to slip over the misprint for the sake of uniformity on the shelf, similar to how I slip English version covers over JP text imports)

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

NintendoByNature

@JaxonH so is the black label Indeed a misprint for darksiders? I saw rgt85 om youtube mention black was again today But mines black so i assumed it might be a regional thing. Which I actually kinda think looks cool and goes well with the games story.

NintendoByNature

JaxonH

Letā€™s talk God Eater 3
God Eater 3. Switch. Thatā€™s some NEWS.

And exclusive Tales of Vesperia outfits for preordering? Never thought Iā€™d see the day God Eater came to a Nintendo console, I never thought Iā€™d see the day Tales of Vesperia came to a Nintendo console, and I definitely never thought Iā€™d see the day exclusive Tales of Vesperia content came to a Nintendo version of the newest God Eater. Wow.

Itā€™s basically Monster Hunter so of course Iā€™m all in. Imo it doesnā€™t reach the same highs as MH does, but no game reaches those highs, so thatā€™s not really a viable criticism. I have always found God Eater to be the one ā€œnot Monster Hunterā€ Monster Hunter game I can stomach. And this new one looks pretty. I have the first two on Vita. Put a fair few hours into those games.

And Hellblade
By all reports the game looks absolutely stunning, runs great and is yet another absolute masterpiece for Switch. There really arenā€™t that many games like this on the system so, it makes it all the more appreciated. Iā€™m surprised how few people are talking about this game given how many awards itā€™s won and how good it looks and runs...

As for LABO VR
Ok then. It seems to be the real deal, as GameXplain put it. Iā€™m honestly pretty amazed they were able to pull it off... but crazy old man Nintendo did exactly that. Itā€™s been quite a while since Iā€™ve been genuinely excited over VR. It feels good, and itā€™s ironic that the lowest spec system everyone said couldnā€™t handle VR is the one thatā€™s actually exciting me for VR, even despite owning PSVR and Rift. Itā€™s that quick ā€œin and outā€ nature of the LABO VR, on top of being 100% wireless, and classic Nintendo first party ā€œNintendoLandā€ type game design that makes it stand out.

@NintendoByNature
Ya, it was a printing error and I believe they stopped shipments after the first batch was sent to stores. They may or may not be sending out new copies with the red spine. I think it would look a little better if the artwork from the back didnā€™t wrap halfway around the spine. I know itā€™s still dark and blends in with the black so it looks like it has a completely black spine but if you look closely half of itā€™s actually artwork wrapping around from the back.

It does look pretty cool, and Iā€™m not getting rid of it or anything, I do think having the uniform red spine on the shelf helps tie everything together (all dude ever wanted was his rug back... it really tied the room together)

Edited on by JaxonH

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

NintendoByNature

@JaxonH haha ok, who knows maybe down the road, years from now, stories will be told of the infamous black spine šŸ˜…

NintendoByNature

JaxonH

@NintendoByNature
Like the Resident Evil Revelaitons release on 3DS šŸ˜

EvilLucario

@JaxonH Holy ****, where can I get high quality paper like that? I want to print out the Octo Expansion I got from My Nintendo.

Metroid, Xenoblade, EarthBound shill

I run a YouTube/Twitch channel for fun. Check me out if you want to!

Please let me know before you send me a FC request, thanks.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

Grumblevolcano

I feel that if those Labo VR updates on the 26th end up impressive, we may be seeing a start to VR becoming more mainstream.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

NintendoByNature

@JaxonH wait what happened with That? I only had it on switch.. speaking of which , I'm getting really damn close to preordering re4. Do we know if its motion controls yet?

NintendoByNature

JaxonH

@NintendoByNature
What happened with what, exactly? No word on RE4 motion controls. I have this bad feeling that itā€™s not going to have motion because if it did they would be parading it in an advert like RE Revelations Collection. But maybe Iā€™m wrong and they just see it as an obvious inclusion, like Hellblade, where they donā€™t even advertise it and then people find out at time of release itā€™s included.

Either way, I need it portably.

@subpopz
All I know is people who have played PSVR and Rift and Vive say itā€™s remarkably comparable. Despite all the things you would think would make it way worse, they say itā€™s not. 720p screen instead of 1080p like PSVR, yet looks comparable. Built in gyro/accelerometer for head tracking instead of positional tracking, yet feels comparable (probably because you donā€™t change your forward and backward depth nearly as often as turning your head, but I can personally attest to owning multiple VR headsets). Havenā€™t heard of any FPS issues, in fact from what they reported it was a rocksolid 60 FPS. They do say it can be a little blurry for objects in the distance but even the high end headsets have that problem. And again they said itā€™s actually pretty comparable.

I think all VR is a novelty, even the ā€œproper headsetsā€, which cost me $400 and $600 respectively, and yet I still only used for a couple weeks before moving on. I donā€™t expect anything different from this, The only difference is Iā€™m getting it for 1/10 the price, and the games look way more fun, with tactile feedback, fully wireless and not trapped in the VR space. Thatā€™s the number one complaint I have with VR. It takes a mountain of effort to get set up in a mountain of effort every time you want to take a drink of water or do any other menial task outside the VR space. The biggest triumph of LABO VR is the instantenous transition in and out of the virtual space. One of the drawbacks is having to hold it up to your face which seems like it could get tiring but honestly when Iā€™m playing VR Iā€™m having to stand up half the time anyways and wave motion controls around and turn around, etc, so in the end I donā€™t think itā€™ll be any more tiring than existing VR already is.

I do think games previously releasing diminishes some hype, for sure, but thereā€™s still a sizable audience of Nintendo fans that havenā€™t played the games in question. Plenty of ports arriving later get hype and do well. I think it comes down to genre and typical preference of the fanbase more than it does being a staggered release. Especially since these games are relatively new releases. Hellblade is a bit over a year old and God Eater 3 barely released a month or two ago in the west.

If you want the link to the Etsy cases, just in case, here it is

https://www.etsy.com/shop/JoserTlatelpa

Edited on by JaxonH

JaxonH

@subpopz
I think thatā€™s a reasonable desire. But as someone who has multiple VR headsets, I think the strap isnā€™t actually as big of a deal as it seems for this particular instance of VR. Because when youā€™re in a VR headset with the strap, youā€™re still having to hold the remotes up and use them with motion and move around and twist and turn and move your head, and... Iā€™m not sure if itā€™s more exercise than holding this thing up, but it doesnā€™t seem to be that much of a net difference.

Something I plan to do to mitigate holding it up for extended periods of time is rest my elbows on the arms of my recliner, as it puts my hands level with my face when my elbows are resting on the sides. Itā€™s how Iā€™m using my iPad right now, with the iPad right in front of my face... It seems like the perfect way to play LABO VR.

Itā€™s still a downside, I just donā€™t think itā€™s as much of a downside is I thought it was at first, and I think it will be easily mitigated (at least for me) via the method I just described. It also comes with the extremely valuable benefit of being able to go in and out instantaneously, which honest to goodness is what killed VR for me. The hassle of all the cords and having a visor strap to your face and having to adjust the lenses, removing it because the lens is fogged up, or because I forgot where I set the controller or because I need to take a drink of water, or to go to the bathroom, etc... it will be so nice to be able to just set the VR visor down on a whim, and jump right back in again.

At the end of the day I wonā€™t know until I try it for myself but, Iā€™m pretty excited and I think Iā€™ve got a perfect solution to mitigate the one downside (holding it up).

JaxonH

@subpopz
Iā€™ll be sure to report back once Iā€™ve assembled everything and given it a go. It may be that holding it is a monumental issue that kills the experience. But then I realize Iā€™ve been holding this iPad for about 3 1/2 hours in front of my face this evening, so it may be itā€™s not even an issue at all. I doubt Iā€™ll want to play more than an hour at a crack in VR anyways.

But ya, iā€™ll be sure to let everyone know the verdict once I get to try it. Although it may take a while to get all those things built first.

Joeynator3000

If Thumper on Switch gets a VR update, then I MIGHT try the Labo thing. 3D tends to give me headaches quite quickly, though...

Anyways, I feel like a VR Pro could happen at some point, with a proper headset and the option to not use Labo at all. Also, remember the Wii U's gamepad and how it could easily stream your game on to the screen? Just make it so the Switch could stream the game into VR goggles instead. owo (maybe even allow it to output to the TV as well so others could see what you're doing)

Anyways, not getting this anytime soon, but I'm curious, I never messed with VR before. All those other options are freakin' expensive, I got a cat to take care of....and a computer to finish upgrading. xD

EDIT: ...Okay why did I suggest that? That's how all the other VR systems work. -.-
It's midnight here, shut up.

Edited on by Joeynator3000

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

toiletduck

FragRed wrote:

Iā€™m surprised no ones commented on the blatant fact that Nintendo plans to not only self destruct everyoneā€™s current Switch console, but also will force everyone to play a very ā€œspecialā€ game that brainwashes them to help Nintendo take over the world by first destroying all competing systems on the market and then eliminating anyone who does not comply with purchasing only Nintendo products going forward.

Itā€™s all in the Switch manual, towards the back.

You do remember this Pokemon myth, don't you?

toiletduck

Switch Friend Code: SW-2231-9448-5129

GeeEmm

Yeah im not big on VR in general, but with the added SMO and BOTW support, I think im gonna cave and buy the starter set. Wish you could just buy the goggles, thats all I really need.

GeeEmm

gcunit

Metro.co.uk reckons the Blaster takes 3 hours to make. Not sure when I'll find the time for that, but I've just ordered the base set anyway, and am excited to finally be getting my first Labo kit. I've liked the look of most of the Labo stuff that's been released, but the cost vs. the space requirements has been too much until this cut-down option came along.

Edited on by gcunit

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic