Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 38,801 to 38,820 of 69,981

NintendoByNature

@AlohaPizzaJack @JaxonH yea it's combat is pretty damn sweet. I love the rooms where you can just rip wings off of bats( or flying creatures) or stomping on spiders one after another. Only thing lacking imo is the boss fights. They're great looking bosses and it's fun figuring out ways to exploit their weaknesses but they're never hard battles or long enough. Except the very first dungeon boss. He was definitely hard enough. Some of the goons in the dungeons end up being harder than mini bosses or true bosses. Either way, love the game. Has me interested in darksiders 2 for Wii u but I heard it doesn't hold true to the same formula. Or maybe that's 3?

NintendoByNature

JaxonH

@NintendoByNature
Darksiders 2 is basically the same, but with a more open world design approach. Not completely open world, but more wide open areas for you to ride around in (they give you a horse for Death to ride, which is suitable enough given he’s one of the four “horsemen“ of the apocalypse).

It also uses a Diablo 3 style loot system where you’re constantly upgrading your armor pieces with random drops from enemies that have better stats, and they make it easy to tell when something is better because the stat will show up as green if it’s an improvement in red if it’s a decrease.

Darksiders 3 is the one that deviated, but the deviation was more so the combat than anything else. They modeled the combat after Dark Souls rather than the formula established by previous games. And while souls fans such as my brother loved that, I didn’t. That said, it’s still a really great game.

FYI Darksiders 2 will probably come to Switch, and it’ll probably come this year. The Wii U version had screen tearing like the other versions, and capped at 720p with some framerate issues. Still totally playable, but personally I am waiting for the inevitable Switch port.

Edited on by JaxonH

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Magician

@JaxonH - That Southeast Asia/North American box art though. Meh. Personally, I went with the Japanese version just for the overly white box art. Have it match nicely with the North American box art for FF XII that will also be overly white.

Switch Physical Collection - 1,247 games (as of April 15th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

NintendoByNature

@JaxonH cool thanks for the tip.. problem is, it won't be coming out before e3 and once e3 hits, it's going to be release after release forming a big hole in my wallet. I got 4,maybe 5 big releases im no doubt grabbing 2nd half of the year

Edit: btw I'm no fan of dark souls at all, so I'll be passing on 3 for sure

Edited on by NintendoByNature

NintendoByNature

Diddy64

@Aozz101x I see. It's okay. It can happen to everyone from time to time.

Undergoing games:
Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity

JaxonH

@Magician
Fyi the Japanese version only has English subtitles, not English voices. Maybe you knew that already but... ya.

Asian version was a must for that reason

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Magician

JaxonH wrote:

@Magician
Fyi the Japanese version only has English subtitles, not English voices. Maybe you knew that already but... ya. Asian version was a must for that reason

With me, Japanese dub over English sub is preferred.

Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

Aozz101x

ohhh not bad Bandai Namco. God Eater 3 is coming to switch on July 12, 2019.
https://nintendoeverything.com/bandai-namco-reveals-god-eater...

Edited on by Aozz101x

My Top 9 Favorite Games of All time.
1. Judgement
2. Baldur's Gate 3
3. Bully (Rockstar)
4. Person 4 / Golden
5. Sonic Adventure 2
6. Xenoblade X
7. Ape Escape 2
8. Animal Crossing: New Leaf
9. James Bond 007 Nightfire

Switch Friend Code: SW-5070-3616-4044 | 3DS Friend Code: 4828-8466-0472 | My Nintendo: Aozz101x | Twitter:

DannyBoi

I don't think the switch is worth 300 pounds. At launch it didn't have YouTube, Netflix, an internet browser kor cloudsave. you were buying a console that could not do anything functional other than play games.yes, it did add features but, It still lacks essential features now. And with there being a rumoured two new switch models coming, those who bought the switch at launch are being screwed over by better models, making their current switch useless. And if the switch pro adds new features, like a n internet browser, many fans will ask why the current switch can't have an internet browser. Messaging[ in console messaging] could be added on the switch pro. many fans will ask, why can the current switch not have in console messaging? This is a mess for Nintendo and could bite them when the new models are announced. I don't like Nintendo's stanc e with the switch or their long term plan for it. Eventually it will catch up to Nintendo and many fans will be wanting answers.

Destiny, justice and retribrution will be mine.

redd214

Well that's a strange hot take there lol. My switch plays awesome games which is the sole reason I purchased it so I'm good with it

redd214

Ralizah

@DannyBoi The Switch has been the hottest system on the market since launch and has almost single-handedly elevated Nintendo back to relevance. It's getting attention from third parties that have never shown an interest in their systems before. So, with respect, saying "this is a mess for Nintendo" comes off as a bit... myopic? It's clearly a resounding success for Nintendo.

It's also worth considering that the Wii U, which has most of the stuff you're complaining about the Switch missing, was kind of a sales disaster.

I'm not going to defend the lack of missing features (no activity log? really?) from previous systems, but clearly these features are NOT terribly important to most people.

Also, I'm curious how new Switch models make my current one "useless." Is Nintendo going to send an update out bricking all of the old systems so they can't play new games?

@Aozz101x Cool. I'd prefer if they ported the other games first, though. Any word on those?

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

JaxonH

A new model most definitely does not make the current model "useless"

As long as it still plays games, it's useful. In fact, it may even be more useful since it can be hacked, something I seriously doubt the new models will be susceptible to.

Edited on by JaxonH

darkfenrir

It's ok, it's the same like how PS4 cutting prices make first day buyer screwed over. Totally works that way guys.

Like how everytime technology upgrades...

Edited on by darkfenrir

darkfenrir

Octane

Ralizah wrote:

The Switch has been the hottest system on the market

That's only because I, as a human, don't qualify as a ''system''

Who am I kidding, I'm a reptilian.

Octane

Ralizah

@darkfenrir Real talk, though: Sony's games basically dive-bombing in price half a year after launch is the biggest reason I never get them on release any more. A little bit of patience pays off.

Even if I end up replacing my current Switch, though, I've had over two years with it. And the Pro model would need to be a pretty substantive upgrade to even get me to consider shelling out for another one.

@Octane Sounds like hackers have been messing with your programming again. Just stay away Twitter: we don't need some 4chan trolls getting you to spew Nazi propaganda. I remember what happened with Google's bots.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

darkfenrir

@Ralizah Well yeah, the games are kinda like that. Only reason to get them early is to prevent them spoilers

darkfenrir

Grumblevolcano

We'd have to wait and see, with rumours suggesting the upgrade's more like 3DS -> New 3DS it could be either way because New 3DS did screw over 3DS owners (a few exclusive games, SNES for VC, etc.). Meanwhile the transition from PS4 -> PS4 Pro didn't screw over PS4 owners, XB1 -> XB1X is an odd one as recently the XB1X has screwed over XB1 owners like FH4 performance but it's minimal to how much the next gen Xbox system likely releasing next year will screw over XB1X owners.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Therad

Octane wrote:

Ralizah wrote:

The Switch has been the hottest system on the market

That's only because I, as a human, don't qualify as a ''system''

Who am I kidding, I'm a reptilian.

Untitled

Therad

Magician

DannyBoi wrote:

And with there being a rumoured two new switch models coming, those who bought the switch at launch are being screwed over by better models, making their current switch useless.

To be honest, in my opinion this first iteration of the Switch was only a market test. The lack of applications and online functionality that other platforms provide is sort of proof of that. So, now that the Switch concept has been market tested and has proven to be successful, Nintendo is taking the next step.

HobbitGamer

darkfenrir wrote:

It's ok, it's the same like how PS4 cutting prices make first day buyer screwed over. Totally works that way guys.

Like how everytime technology upgrades...

Exactly. Just like every year since 1998, Dodge screws me over by release a new Dakota. 😂

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic