Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 38,781 to 38,800 of 69,981

NintendoByNature

@SamusLv7 man skyward sword would be switch if it comes. Never played it before. One of the few zelda I've never played.

NintendoByNature

Diddy64

@NintendoByNature Same here. I know about Fi, Ghirahim and the last boss but never played it on Wii. It's possible that in Q3 or Q4 of this year they'll announce it.

Undergoing games:
Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity

HobbitGamer

Same, and all I know of Skyward is the bits in Hyrule Warriors. I’d be down for a rerelease.

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

Diddy64

Since it's inevitable a rerelease/remake of this game, we'll just have to wait. Nintendo certainly have other announcements for future directs after Q2.

Undergoing games:

NEStalgia

Skyward Sword gets so much hate due to the forced 1:1 motion controls, and admittedly tiring combat. But the actual game and environments and puzzles were so good.

And no matter what @Ryu_Niiyama says, I shall always ship Link x Fi. Curse that Zelda hussie for interfering. She deserves to be punged into eternal slumber for her transgressions.. Mhmhmhm.......Mhahahaha...HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! Untitled

NEStalgia

Aozz101x

https://nintendoeverything.com/call-of-cthulhu-coming-to-swit...
Call of Cthulhu and Vampyr are coming to Switch in 2019

https://nintendoeverything.com/corocoro-hosting-contest-to-na...
a Contest to name a brand new move for Pokemon Sword and Shield from Corocoro

Edited on by Aozz101x

My Top 9 Favorite Games of All time.
1. Judgement
2. Baldur's Gate 3
3. Bully (Rockstar)
4. Person 4 / Golden
5. Sonic Adventure 2
6. Xenoblade X
7. Ape Escape 2
8. Animal Crossing: New Leaf
9. James Bond 007 Nightfire

Switch Friend Code: SW-5070-3616-4044 | 3DS Friend Code: 4828-8466-0472 | My Nintendo: Aozz101x | Twitter:

Ryu_Niiyama

@NEStalgia Ok Captain you go down with that ship. Look in general I don’t understand why people ship Link and Zelda as they are usually retainer and sovereign but apparently there is no such thing as heterosexual friendship or service to princess and country. However the devs stated that SS Zelda and link was an actual romance. So at least this incarnation of them had some romantic feelings for each other.
But Fi has been with nearly every incarnation of Link (just as a quiet sword soul) so she could be extra sharp to save her beloved. Considering she gets upgraded a lot in LTTP, I’d say she worked overtime for him in that one.

But hey I personally shipped Impa/Zelda in SS and Urbosa/Zelda in BOTW.

Edited on by Ryu_Niiyama

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

Diddy64

@Aozz101x I thought it was an attack move, instead of a pokemon. Am I missing something?

Undergoing games:

NEStalgia

@Ryu_Niiyama Damsel in distress, save the princess stories have always been "happily ever after" romances in Western fairy tales, though, and Zelda is (Miyamoto's skewed interpretation of) Western fairy tales. Same with Peach. I mean Odyssey ends with a wedding scene (admittedly a fake, forced Bowser wedding, but the implications are there.) That's always been the magic of save-the-princess stories. Plus as you said, in SS, it's official, thus the lineage of fated decedents. Honestly in BotW it's more than heavily suggested as well, including the journals.

Plus in the real world I think "retainer and sovereign" is over-simplified. Knights weren't peasants in the real world (Link is), generally, they were noble-born in service in high standing, and perfectly suited for royal courting, and well positioned as well. Plenty of "retainers" weren't mere retainers, and a good many married into the royal families after their service, they were ideal candidates for doing so (which has more to do with the politics of aristocracy/monarchy than fairy tale endings, but still...)

But Fi...whoever did the writing had that in mind, canon aside. It was obvious. Your hetero-dar is broken. And when you think about it, while Link chases blonde Zelda in every game, she nearly always leaves him behind, while plain-looking Fi is there with him every step of the way, every single time! And she can slice him badly at any time. Sounds like a very realistic relationship.

Impa I can see. Urbosa...hmm....that one I don't see. The age gap makes Urbosa seem more like a guardian/mother figure vs Zelda to me. And Urbosa strikes me as a complete lone-wolf.

NEStalgia

Aozz101x

@SamusLv7 you're right. small error on my part.
Edit: New Trailer for Box Boy + Box Girl

Edited on by Aozz101x

My Top 9 Favorite Games of All time.
1. Judgement
2. Baldur's Gate 3
3. Bully (Rockstar)
4. Person 4 / Golden
5. Sonic Adventure 2
6. Xenoblade X
7. Ape Escape 2
8. Animal Crossing: New Leaf
9. James Bond 007 Nightfire

Switch Friend Code: SW-5070-3616-4044 | 3DS Friend Code: 4828-8466-0472 | My Nintendo: Aozz101x | Twitter:

WebHead

I would not expect the ha dheld focused Switch revision to be announced at E3. Random online video and press release like 2DS and New 2DS XL more likely imo.

Edited on by WebHead

WebHead

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3217-6922 | Nintendo Network ID: JTPrime

HobbitGamer

WebHead wrote:

I kinda half expect the portable switch to be announced in the next direct but half not who knows.

So what changed your mind since Friday

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

NintendoByNature

@JaxonH I know you were a few steps ahead of me in darksiders. I'm in the black throne ( or about 15 min in), how much longer is the game from here? I always check on howlongtobeat.com for game lengths and usually they're pretty accurate. But I'm only 11 hours into the game and HLTB had this game at 18hours avg gameplay. I feel like I'm almost done but that just seems like a big gap.

Or maybe you know @AlohaPizzaJack? You played this game I believe..

NintendoByNature

WebHead

@AlohaPizzaJack remembering that fact really. Cheaper Nintendo devices tend to be announced randomly. Wii mini, NES classic, SNES classic, 2DS, New 2DS XL.

WebHead

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3217-6922 | Nintendo Network ID: JTPrime

JaxonH

Untitled

Play-Asia confirms Final Fantasy X/X-2 is all on one cart, including all bonus content and movies

Even though I’m moving more and more digital, this piece here is one collectors will definitely want to have on their shelf.

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

JaxonH

@NintendoByNature
I think you’ve passed me up now. I completed the 2nd Dungeon (the Griever) and am now trekking to The Stygian.

You’re almost done with the game though, FYI.

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

NintendoByNature

@JaxonH ah gotcha. Yea it's pretty easy to play for 2 to 3 hours and times flies with this game. One of my favorite games on switch honestly. Apparently I was having too much fun I suppose and played thru too quickly 😀

NintendoByNature

JaxonH

Tell me this isn’t the most gorgeous video game to release on the Nintendo Switch...

Hellblade: Senua’s Sacrifice First 25 Minutes Gameplay

@NintendoByNature
No, you’re right. It really is one of the best games. Not just because the game itself is, IMO, a classic on par with OG Zelda games like Twilight Princess (puzzles maybe not quite as good but combat way better), the game runs beautifully, maxes out the 1080p/720p docked/handheld and, doesn’t even have so much as a day one patch. The entire game is on a full 16 GB cartridge. It comes with an optional 60fps performance mode for both docked and handheld, and even integrates HD Rumble for things like the heart beat when health is low.

Edited on by JaxonH

HobbitGamer

@JaxonH Yes, I’m interested in Hellblade. Doesn’t it remind you of Dante’s Inferno? Enjoyed that game a bunch.
And thinking about it, Darksiders is a lot like TP (I was thinking OoT when we made comparisons earlier).
@NintendobyNature Yep, you’re almost at the end. That’s the trouble with enjoying something

#MudStrongs

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic