Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 38,661 to 38,680 of 69,963

Ralizah

Never played Dragon's Dogma, so that'll definitely be a Switch purchase sooner than later.

Also never played Darksiders, but I actually own the Warmastered Edition on Steam, so I'll probably play that whenever I get the hankering.

Not a huge FF X fan. It's OK. Certainly better than PS3+ era FF games.
FFXII is fantastic. One of the better games in the series. Definitely needs to be experienced, even by people who aren't usually fans of the series.
Cuphead is incredible. One of the best games I've ever played.

@Aozz101x So, Labo VR isn't actual VR, right? it's just like Google Cardboard, except Nintendo-branded?

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Advance Wars 1 + 2: Re- Boot Camp (NS)

JaxonH

@NintendoByNature @AlohaPizzaJack
Have you made it to the Tiamat Dungeon yet? It’s classic Zelda through and through. Light puzzle solving, 2 hour long dungeon with secret chests hidden and upgrades required to progress... ends in a boss fight. That’s the OG Zelda formula. Only with awesome God of War combat, as mentioned.

@link3710
I can’t knock ya for the Trials Rising. Love that game so freaking much. Can’t wait for the DLC expansion to drop.

@Ralizah
Its VR, it’s just... budget VR. Nothing holding the visor on your head, and no sensors mounted for head tracking (though the joycon tech seems to handle it just fine without according to people who’ve played it), and of course, a lower res screen.

I bet people will make contraptions to strap the visor to their heads and play with controllers in hand.

Edited on by JaxonH

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

kkslider5552000

What a random and sudden announcement. Like when Bethesda's games got VR it was treated like a brand new release essentially. Now Nintendo's like "oh yeah that VR thing we have this month can be in our two biggest games. So...yeah."

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Ralizah

@JaxonH How are you supposed to play a game if the thing isn't even mounted on your head? That sounds weird. And the reason I ask is because PSVR is, for all intents and purposes, actual budget VR. So it was hard to imagine what this is supposed to be, other than the "VR" where there's no actual VR tech at work.

Depending on how cool or lame it is, though, I might be interested in on it for Breath of the Wild. That game is simply majestic, and I'd jump at the opportunity to play it in an even more immersive way.

Currently Playing: Advance Wars 1 + 2: Re- Boot Camp (NS)

JaxonH

@Ralizah
With difficulty.

I’d say PSVR is a cheaper VR option, it just comes down to your definition of budget. This is actual budget VR the masses can afford. $40 and you’re in, provided you’re a Switch owner. Of course it’s not meant to be it’s own platform, but rather an experience on the side.

I imagine people will construct some kind of homemade DIY head strap. I know I’ll be watching a few YT videos to figure out how to proceed. I don’t mind holding it up to my face for the mini games or even for a few short Odyssey missions, but for Zelda we’re going to have to come up with some kind of solution

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

NintendoByNature

@JaxonH actually that's where I am now. And now I can see what people mean about it being zelda like. Up until this part of the game I didn't understand. I'm stuck in one of the rooms. Big circular room with a rotating platform sticky bombs and what not. Nice little puzzles for sure

Edited on by NintendoByNature

NintendoByNature

Toy_Link

I’m curious to see if any Non-Nintendo games support Labo VR in the future similar to that one game having Lano Piano support.

Legal threats that have gone nowhere: 1

HobbitGamer

@JaxonH I had forgotten about Tiamat. You’re right on that. Darksiders II appealed to me more. I also liked the Prince of Persia reboot, so maybe I’m just the oddball 😛

The Labo compatibility announcement was a neat surprise. I’m clocking 210 hrs and my friend is at 350. We’re both just two divines into our new playthrough, so it’s a convenient time to try out the feature.

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

JaxonH

@NintendoByNature
Ah, yes. If you need help getting through that room just let me know.

Yeah once you get to the dungeons, it’s quite obvious the game is basically OG Zelda with awesome combat and RPG mechanics and fast travel (which you unlock once you beat this dungeon). I warn you though, theres a room you’re going to come to very shortly that is extremely difficult. It’s the room to get the final sword to put in the final statue to access the boss. There will be three rounds of enemies, and the final round has two big white armor guys with the blue swords, that you have to fight simultaneously. I died several times trying to beat it. If you can find the health shard to complete your 4 pieces and upgrade your life (another mechanic straight outta Zelda). You’re gonna need it. Hopefully you’ve been finding those health shards as you go so that the one you find there in the dungeon gives you your fourth piece. If you need help finding that let me know as well.

You’ll also get a full shard upgrade when you beat the boss of the dungeon which should knock you up to three back up life meters. There’s also a full wrath upgrade in that dungeon which will bump you up to three full wrath meters as well.

Edited on by JaxonH

NintendoByNature

@JaxonH thanks dude. Appreciate the offer. I'll let you know if I need some help. I already found one of the health shards but that was early on in the dungeon. Maybe there's another one later it sounds like 🤔. I only have 3 shards at this point though so I must've missed one early on. Really having fun with this game

NintendoByNature

JaxonH

@NintendoByNature
It gets better, you haven’t even unlocked fast travel yet! Or chaos form!

There was one health shard in the previous areas, there was a little pool of water off to the left in an earlier part of the game and if you dove down and followed the tunnel of water it lead you to a health shard in a chest. And there may be two health shards in that dungeon- I can’t remember. I know for a fact there’s one behind the door with that thing on the ceiling that will slink down and eat you if you don’t shoot it with your crossblade first. But there may be another one that I’m just not remembering

EvilLucario

What the hell? VR for BotW and Odyssey????

Interesting.

Metroid, Xenoblade, EarthBound shill

I run a YouTube/Twitch channel for fun. Check me out if you want to!

Please let me know before you send me a FC request, thanks.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

Grumblevolcano

The Odyssey stuff looks new as in more things to do in existing kingdoms, maybe VR is part of a bigger update.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Octane

Some of the complaints are silly. It's not VR because it's cardboard, or because it's not in first person, or because it isn't strapped to your head, or because it isn't some full immersion thing. The idea of VR is that it removes the barrier between you and the TV, so the screen is effectively all around you, and motion tracking keeps track of what you're looking at. So Labo VR isn't really any different from the other VR devices, it's just a very budget option.

I do wonder how well it actually works with BOTW and Mario though. Because I do find that the PSVR can be quite fuzzy/blurry at times. BOTW in handheld mode is 720p with sub 30fps; but now it needs to render two images, and the resolution will be cut in half. So I do think that the footage from that Tweet makes it look better than it will be in reality. Anyway it's a free update I presume, so you can't really complain about it.

Octane

JaxonH

Ya, for $40 ($31.99 GCU) I'm all over it.

Its Zelda BotW in VR. I dont care if I have to duct tape the visor to my head, I'm ALL IN

TuVictus

This serves as a nice reminder that just because Nintendo, or any developer/publisher says "we have no plans for X" doesn't really mean anything. Remember when no one thought they would do VR because of comments from Miyamoto and Reggie about how they didn't like how it isolates you from the other people in the room or something? Not like they're going all in, but it's cool to see

TuVictus

Octane

@JaxonH Don't you need to hold it anyway? Because of the Joy-Con?

Octane

gcunit

@ReaderRagfish You know like how, when you play a game like BotW, you can control the camera with one stick while moving Link with the other? It's that. But without having a stick for the camera.

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic