Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 37,761 to 37,780 of 38,831

Alantor28

I am having so much fun with Super Smash Bros Ultimate. I am currently playing the Adventure Mode. The Spirits system is interesting. I had a few troubles with fighting puppet fighters when I realized my Spirits are either low leveled or have low stats. But it took some luck and skill to beat the puppet fighters to get the spirits that they have.

Plus, I am unlocking fighters by saving them in the Adventure Mode. I unlocked Ness outside of Adventure mode. Still, I am loving Smash Ultimate. If it gets a sequel one day, I will enjoy it even more.

Switch Friend Code: SW-6488-5483-0698
PSN: MMX20

Switch Friend Code: SW-6488-5483-0698

Buizel

Never understood the hate for Half Genie Hero, it almost feels like I played a completely different game to @Ralizah (e.g. I liked the backtracking and I thought the levels were generally well designed). In fact, I couldn't put the game down whereas I've struggled to get into Pirate's Curse and Shantae GBC.

That said, the majority do seem to prefer Pirates Curse so that's probably the less Risky choice.

Edited on by Buizel

Currently playing: Valkyria Chronicles 4 (Switch), Dragon Ball FighterZ (Switch), Pokemon Moon (3DS), Yakuza 0 (PC), Final Fantasy XV (PC).

Ralizah

@Buizel Well I'm glad it has an audience. And, hey, now that I'm not as salty and I'm actually playing all the DLC I got for free as a backer, I'm enjoying it a bit more. The costume pack campaigns lack the backtracking and have different quirks in their gameplay styles, so I'm actually finding them more fun than the base game.

The GBC original is a bit rough around the edges, but I genuinely love how expansive it is, how good the dungeon design is, and how detailed the sprites are. It looks AMAZING for a GBC game.

@Tsurii Great! Looking forward to hearing your thoughts on it. Since you mentioned using Gold Coins, I imagine you bought it on Switch?

I bought it for full price on both 3DS and Wii U, so I'm a bit hesitant to buy it again.

Edited on by Ralizah

Ralizah

NEStalgia

@Tsurii I'm not a long time Shantae fan. I got Half Genie and really enjoyed it, it's a pretty game with fun controls, but it's also short, and as Ralizah said, shallow. Not bad, just shallow. it doesn't deserve the hate, but maybe it doesn't live up to older games. I keep getting tempted for Pirates Curse. Still I thought it was really enjoyable and might get frustrated in the bogged down nature of a metroidvania style.

OTOH I loved Wonder Boy. You have to keep in mind Wonder Boy is an old old old game from the Sega Master System (not even Mega Drive/Genesis.) The "remake" wasn't a remake, just a graphical overhaul with a few QoL enhancements, but the actual game design/level design etc is an original mid-1980s game that would be more at home in the NES Online app than a modern game. So viewing it as a retro 80's game (which it is) with pretty new graphics slapped on, it was amazing. The game let you toggle back and forth to the old 80's sound and graphics.....it felt brand new with the new graphics, but you realize how old the design is when you look at it's real form.

Monster Boy, the new one, however, is a brand new game from an indie shop rebooting the series as a "spiritual successor" (It's not officially Wonder Boy/Monster World, Sega owns those rights) with some help from the original creator at Sega, and the original music composers.

It's confusing, I know. TL;DR
Wonder Boy: The Dragon's Trap: A graphical overhaul of the actual 1980's Sega ROM. Level design is ancient, but was ahead of its time. Game is rooted in 8-bit game design, limitations, and mechanics from the actual 8-bit era.

Monster Boy: A brand new indie game with help from the original series' creator. Level design is modern.

NEStalgia

NEStalgia

@Alantor28 Some of those 4 star battles are insanely difficult....but it's definitely the best Smash to date!

NEStalgia

Magician

I'm finding it difficult to contain my enthusiasm for 2019. The slate of games scheduled for release have 2019 appearing to be one of those "all-time" great kind of years, especially as an rpg fan. Right now I'm trying to convince myself that the assumed January Direct will provide release dates for games we already know about. Daemon X Machina, Yoshi's Crafted World, etc.

But if Nintendo were to announce anything else for Q1 or Q2 (which of course they will) I fear I might pass out from exhaustion. Too many games, not enough time to play everything.

Switch Physical Collection - 237 games (as of January 16th, 2019)
Currently playing: Tales of Vesperia (Switch) Lunar: Silver Star Harmony (PSP) Dragons Crown (Vita)

Anti-Matter
The Sims 4 for Nintendo Switch according to Nintendo Germany ??!!
Hm.....
I need clarification if this trailer was really really GENUINE. 🤔

Note: That video has been published on 8 December 2018, included with Nintendo Germany Twitter.

Edited on by Anti-Matter

My Top 5 games :
1. Dance Dance Revolution series (10 / 10)
2. The Sims series (9 / 10)
3. Portal Knights Switch (9 / 10)
4. Animal Crossing New Leaf 3DS (9 / 10)
5. ARMS (8 / 10)

Switch Friend Code: SW-8364-7166-5608

Aozz101x

@Anti-Matter that's... interesting.

ANIMAL CROSSING SWITCH!!!
DAY 1 H Y P E :D
Anime: Toradora

3DS Friend Code: 3153-5789-3951 | Nintendo Network ID: Aozz101x

Delibheel

About the Sims: I wonder if it will be the true full version or a scaled back port. I kind of already bought the Xbox version anyway, but I'd certainly prefer it on the go.

About Shantae: if it's worth anything, the only one I've finished is Pirate's Curse. Which I guess means it's the most engaging one?

I've started Riskys Revenge over several times, but I've never gotten to the end for some reason. And Half Genie Hero I've only played a bit of on the Xbox (game pass), but a vertical part with a giant sand worm kinda annoyed me.

Edited on by Delibheel

Yeah I don’t know either.

Eh! My gameplay videos

3DS Friend Code: 0173-1330-0080 | My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Ralizah

@NEStalgia Pirate's Curse is the perfect mix of Metroid-style exploration and linearity. Think something akin to Metroid Fusion in that respect. It's definitely not a game you get "bogged down in."

But I totally get avoiding games with Metroidvanian elements. They're a dime a dozen these days. It's the reason I've yet to touch SteamWorld Dig 2, which I hear is excellent.

Edited on by Ralizah

Ralizah

Anti-Matter

@Delibheel
I found something Fishy about this user. 🤔
Untitled

This user has uploaded 4 videos since 1 week ago. He used Nintendo DE (Nintendo Germany) as his user name. I wonder if those videos are Real or Fake. 🤔

My Top 5 games :
5. ARMS (8 / 10)

ReaderRagfihs

@Anti-Matter That channel's a blatant fake. If an official Nintendo channel made a trailer for Mario Maker on Switch, in one week it'd have a lot more views than 58 and there'd be news articles everywhere about it.

Still waiting for Atlus to make Snowboard Kids 3

Wiimmfi Friend Codes: http://www.nintendolife.com/forums/wii/2019_wiids_friend_code_thread

Link-Hero

@Anti-Matter
Those really low view numbers are a big giveaway that it's not official. Unless Nintendo is very unpopular in Germany, which I highly doubt.

Edited on by Link-Hero

Link-Hero

Nintendo Network ID: LinkHero25

Anti-Matter

@Aozz101x @ReaderRagfihs
Thank you for the clarification.

My Top 5 games :
5. ARMS (8 / 10)

NEStalgia

@Ralizah don't hesitate to get dig 2..... It's fantastic! The only complaint I have about it is actually that it feels way too short. It's not small, but i blasted through it much faster than i wanted to and was so addicted to it i really wanted it to go on a while longer and seemed like it should have. The ending seems kind of abrupt. Not many games leave me wishing they were longer these days. I didn't 100% it or anything but i found a good amount of hidden stuff and bought most of the major upgrades.

Edited on by NEStalgia

NEStalgia

Delibheel

@Anti-Matter oh that’s looks super fake.

I feel better about buying the sims 4 on Xbox now.

Edited on by Delibheel

Yeah I don’t know either.

Eh! My gameplay videos

3DS Friend Code: 0173-1330-0080 | My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Ralizah

@NEStalgia It's old enough at this point that I'm waiting for a good sale. I'd drop $10 on it with pleasure. But it seems like it never goes on sale.

Ralizah

IceClimbers

There's a TON of stuff on the US eShop on sale right now. Diablo 3 is one of the most notable - on sale for $39.59. Crash, Banner Saga, Axiom Verge, Rocket League (including the DLC), etc.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic