Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 37,761 to 37,780 of 69,963

Aozz101x

Ralizah wrote:

Amusingly enough, right now the PS4 version is $10 more than the Xbone or Switch versions.

but...why?

My Top 9 Favorite Games of All time.
1. Judgement
2. Baldur's Gate 3
3. Bully (Rockstar)
4. Person 4 / Golden
5. Sonic Adventure 2
6. Xenoblade X
7. Ape Escape 2
8. Animal Crossing: New Leaf
9. James Bond 007 Nightfire

Switch Friend Code: SW-5070-3616-4044 | 3DS Friend Code: 4828-8466-0472 | My Nintendo: Aozz101x | Twitter:

BruceCM

Latest is "The release window for Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night has been announced! Enjoy some brand-new footage and prepare for Summer 2019 in the Release Window Announce Trailer below:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=UAeAJDX9DZ8"
February 13th Kickstarter update

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

EvilLucario

PS4 tax baybeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :^]

Metroid, Xenoblade, EarthBound shill

I run a YouTube/Twitch channel for fun. Check me out if you want to!

Please let me know before you send me a FC request, thanks.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

DannyBoi

@JaxonH Is this the one you are recovering to(the original GPD Win)?https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B01MCV637B?pf_rd_p=71cb17e9-f468-4d3f-94d5-a0de44c50a7e&pf_rd_r=5F2HERCZPZSD1R27CKZ4

Destiny, justice and retribrution will be mine.

JaxonH

@DannyBoi
Ya, I’d stay away from that one and do it right with the Win 2.

It costs twice as much, but it does WAYYYY more. The first one you linked was just underpowered enough to basically not run the majority of 7th gen games. It also couldn’t handle running GameCube, Wii and PS2. Whereas the new one can run every 7th gen game in 720p (Final Fantasy XIII Games look so good, Batman Arkham, Dragon Age, Mass Effect, Wolfenstein New Order, etc etc), every GameCube and Wii game in 720p, it can run current gen games (Ni No Kuni 2, Bioshock Remastered, Ori and the Blind Forest, DOOM, Wolfenstein 2). Fixed overheating and autofan issues, redesigned layout, better Dpad and button and analog quality. Ya. If you’re going for the Win, the Win 2 is worth the extra cash.

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Ralizah

Footage of the Switch version of Toejam and Earl: Back in the Groove.

Still don't like the cheap flash animation look, but I'm looking forward to it nonetheless.

Currently Playing: Advance Wars 1 + 2: Re- Boot Camp (NS)

FragRed

@Ralizah It looks like it has some issues during the loading between stages. Keeps stuttering.

Personally I didn’t like the flash style animation but it grew on me while watching this video. It’s kinda in keeping with the original style, only not pixelated.

NEW WEBSITE LAUNCHED! Regular opinion articles, retro game reviews and impression pieces on new games! ENGAGE VG: EngageVG.com

JaxonH

New interview and footage of Shakedown Hawaii. Seems Vita physical version was announced first because they’re stopping production, so it needed to be shoved through quick. And the dev likes Vita, so it seems his preference has affected the decision making.

I think it’s a shame because everyone knows the vast majority of sales are going to be on Switch. He should’ve announced a retail version for Switch at the same time, even if it’s coming later. But... I can pretty much guarantee a retail version is coming- he said in the interview point blank, “we release one or two versions and then take the money and reinvest it to make a retail version of the next one, etc”.

Edited on by JaxonH

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Ralizah

@FragRed I wasn't sure if that was the video or the game, but even if it isn't the video. at least performance seems fine during actual gameplay.

Currently Playing: Advance Wars 1 + 2: Re- Boot Camp (NS)

DannyBoi

@JaxonH So what games can the Original GPD Win run then?

Destiny, justice and retribrution will be mine.

HobbitGamer

Encarta Mind Maze

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

JaxonH

@DannyBoi
Less demanding games, indies, retro games before the GameCube era. A few select 7th gen games like Fallout 3 if you turn the settings on ultra low with low resolution and 2 hr battery life. Basically, the Win 1 is good for indies and retro emulation, with the occasional 7th gen game. GPD Win 2 is good for GameCube/Wii/PSP/PS2 and 7th gen games, with a fair deal of 8th gen games. The limit is like... Monster Hunter World. I got it running on the Win 2 in 540p ultra low settings, but it was pushing the system to the max.

edit
You can overclock the Win 1 and get a bit more out of it, but again the problem comes down to it improper cooling system and poor battery life. You push it too much and it’ll overheat.

Edited on by JaxonH

IceClimbers

Currently playing Wolfenstein II. Game looks insane on the Switch's screen. Panic Button are wizards!

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

Diddy64

@Delibheel I see. Sorry for assuming that it was a reboot 😅 I still don't know everything about this franchise.

Undergoing games:
Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity

JaxonH

Check out this level. Oh my gosh it’s so awesome I love it (harder than crap, too- this guy playing is like, expert-tier)

Also, it’s been confirmed by Ubisoft support that the game is cross platform. Your profile carries across versions, all the tracks built in the editor are shared across versions, leaderboards are shared, and customized gear in the shop is shared. That’s friggin awesome.

edit
This is easily the best franchise in Ubisoft’s portfolio, and used to be Xbox exclusive, which is where I first got into the series. I never thought I’d see the day Trials is on Switch, but here we are. It plays like a Nintendo game. It feels like a long lost Nintendo title. The precision mechanics and physics just feel perfect. Trials is just one of those special games they don’t tend to make anymore (and I’m afraid if nobody buys this one the series could end up canceled, which would be a tragedy). Everyone says they want great games on Switch... well, this is one of the greatest games.

@IceClimbers
The update really helped that game look better, as did the update for DOOM. At launch it got rediculously low res in handheld mode during in game rendered cut scenes.

Edited on by JaxonH

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic